As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

U mad?

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    Uriel wrote: »
    Where do you guys live where people don't obey stop signs?

I've seen a lot of "Rolling stops" all over where people just slow down a little and keep rolling without coming to a full stop, then accelerate if it doesn't look like they're going to be pulled over or hit by an oncoming car immediately.

Ah yes, the California roll.

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I'm mad that I'm worried some of the culturally ignorant white people libertarians i know might alt-right

And i give everyone the benefit of the doubt, but I'm worried, you know?

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

I've seen a lot of "Rolling stops" all over where people just slow down a little and keep rolling without coming to a full stop, then accelerate if it doesn't look like they're going to be pulled over or hit by an oncoming car immediately.

I don't think it comes with avocado

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    34°C (93°F) here today. My outdoor shower was lovely and refreshing.

gimme
    wait I'll be (comparatively) nearby next month

... I don't care, gimme.

You heading back to Namibia? When?
    We haven't quite booked flights yet but hopefully will turn up mid-April.

Awesome. How long you there for?

I'm going to try not to stay more than 3 weeks - hopefully a bit less. Not because I don't enjoy Namibia, but because I end up wanting to impale my colleagues on some rusty farm equipment after about 10 days.

I will try to take a few days to do some kayaking on the coast at the end - no idea if I can manage that logistically, though. But I can absolutely extend an invite to come up, if you want to do different more boring research, for free.

That would be awesome. I'm currently stuck in visa limbo and can't leave SA until it's sorted, but if it comes through in time I will probably come pester you :)

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »

I don't think it comes with avocado

Everything in California comes with avocado.

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Yay!!!

I won't hold my breath because I have been waiting for nearly 4 months to get a result so who knows if another few weeks will make a difference. But I hope so.

Thread relevant: visa shit makes me mad

• KharnorKharnor Registered User regular
    The only bad thing about roundabouts is that sometimes your GPS can't handle them

You're driving up to two small roundabouts spaced close together and your GPS says "In 50... metres... at the... roundabout... take the... second exit" by which time you have already driven through that roundabout and the next one, where you were supposed to turn left but your GPS hasn't even told you that the second roundabout exists yet

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Yay!!!

I won't hold my breath because I have been waiting for nearly 4 months to get a result so who knows if another few weeks will make a difference. But I hope so.

Have you considered switching to American Express?

It's everywhere you want to be.

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Ugh. Visa stuff.

I need to get my stuff together and apply for my actual permanent permanent residency. The one without the travel restrictions.

And in three years i can apply for citizenship.

Oh the joys of being an immigrant

• Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    i dont like nicknames from non friends, it sends me into a blind rage

twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Yay!!!

Have you considered switching to American Express?

It's everywhere you want to be.
    That always begs the question though, are they where I don't want to be? Because that would seem like the more important of the two.

edit: On topic, I'm mad because Windows' Media Creator isn't letting me make a bootable USB for Win10 installation. I was hoping to format/reinstall this weekend, but this is being a PITA.

And also my printer can't see the paper I'm trying to feed into it to print a document.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    If you can help it, please always chew with your mouth closed.

While eating, please slurp as little as possible

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Cept with noodles, you go hog wild on them shits, in fact I'll be offended if you don't slurp

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    So how does one get from South Africa to Namibia? Through Botswana? Or is that too much desert?

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I'm mad that I have to write a personal statement to appeal a thing

Personal statements are the worst

2x39jD4.jpg
  • bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I kind of hate winter because there's nothing really to do.

Like you can't go hiking or go swimming or really do anything.

Maybe you can go to a museum or zoo or something but meh, but solo activities are boring in the winter. At least with hiking it's fun solo or with others., museums and zoos are weird going by yourself. Also movies, I can do movies but I don't really enjoy it with out friends or a s/o.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Winter is GREAT!

You get to sit inside by yourself and you don't feel bad for not going out because it is cold out there and no one is going out unless they must.

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    chico I've never met a person more perfectly bred for their environment.

you should probably be classified as a vulnerable species, because man you got that tiny ecological niche on lockdown.

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    chico I've never met a person more perfectly bred for their environment.

you should probably be classified as a vulnerable species, because man you got that tiny ecological niche on lockdown.

The administrative body, after a brief review of the subject in question, has decided that any resources required for an official classification are an unnecessary expense.

Anyone who comes into contact with ChicoBlue is immediately and intensely aware that he is extremely vulnerable.

ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Winter is GREAT!

You get to sit inside by yourself and you don't feel bad for not going out because it is cold out there and no one is going out unless they must.

But I like not winter activities!

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I'm a fool and I paid my car loan twice this month, so my budget is messed up

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    It'd be real cool if folks would stop telling me about how much more tired they are than me whenever I mention not getting enough sleep.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    It'd be real cool if folks would stop telling me about how much more tired they are than me whenever I mention not getting enough sleep.

PFFT YOU CALL THAT NOT GETTING ENOUGH SLEEP? WELL BUDDY I GOTZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    About to lose my twelve self-check lanes for an upgrade in about ten minutes and oh man hahahahahahshahahah this is gonna be not good

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular

Look at this person not sleeping and posting stuff about not getting enough sleep on the internet wow.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Weaver wrote: »
    About to lose my twelve self-check lanes for an upgrade in about ten minutes and oh man hahahahahahshahahah this is gonna be not good

Yeah, but a Sunday night seems like the best time to do that. The Safeway in Renton just suddenly removed the self check out machines.

Like, one day, they were just gone, with no lanes to replace them. That was weird.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
    Sunday is our busiest day, doesn't really slow down till past 9.

Oh. Well yeah that is pretty stupid.

Ok disaster averted they let us keep half open till other half are finished.

• FalxFalx Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    So how does one get from South Africa to Namibia? Through Botswana? Or is that too much desert?

Flying is far easier, but to answer seriously:

Namibia borders South Africa, so you can drive right across the border. Technically speaking, going from the area where Smof is as the crow flies going through Botswana would be faster, however Botswana has no highways or even paved roads that go through to Namibia. Either way it's more than ten hours of driving, closer to 15.

Edit: Was wrong, there's the A2 roadway apparently. From Phalaborwa (closest town to Kruger National Park) to Windhoek is 18 hours.

Falx on
    Falx why don't your country do trains. I hardly ever see trains here.

• FalxFalx Registered User regular
    We used to! But the economy and infrastructure was built to support a "First World" level only for us crackers, so when suddenly we had 40 million other people we had to stop treating like poop and start treating like human beings the budget to keep things running was spread out like crazy. There are very few long haul passenger trains left, other than the Blue Train, which is expensive but dated. That doesn't go to Namibia though. I can vaguely remember going from Johannesburg station to Cape Town on a train when I was four or five.

Cape Town has an extensive metro, but security is... uh not great.

The Gautrain is not bad, but expensive. And once you realize the reason it's so safe is because of the horrifying beatings the security dishes out to criminals it becomes unpalatable.

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular

I bet I know way more people who are obsessed with one-upmanship than you

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I really hate that

Fuck off we can both be tired, it's not a fucking competition

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Whoops I overslept and didn't go to the training I intended to. Guess I'm doing it another week.

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Nobody ever brags about how bad they are at driving or sex, but they'll trip all over themselves to brag about how bad they are at math and sleeping.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    Jedoc wrote: »
    Nobody ever brags about how bad they are at driving or sex, but they'll trip all over themselves to brag about how bad they are at math and sleeping.

LOL IF YOU THINK EACH AND EVERY ONE OF MY SEX PARTNERS HASN'T CRIED COLD TEARS OVER HOW BAD I AM AT FUCKING

Solar wrote: »
    a fucking competition

YES, THIS IS WHERE MOST OF THOSE TEARS HAPPENED.

Jedoc wrote: »

or computers

can't forget about computers

I'm not asking people to build it from scratch but don't ask my help for copy and paste jesus

This discussion has been closed.