As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Channel Zero] No End House, a show about scary internet stories

2»

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Yeah I'm hoping the level of writing keeps up. They turned a creepy story into a really haunting story with candle cove. Hopefully they can fix up endless house since the source story is kind of garbo.

I'd love for them to do Ted the Caver, but I'm pretty sure the person who wrote that probably has their head up their ass so they probably can't get the rights.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Oh, Endless House is from a creepypasta, too?

ugh, when I saw the preview for it I thought it was an original concept and got pretty excited. Expectations lessened...

• Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Yeah once I heard about the source for the next season, I hunted it down and read it, since unlike Candle Cove, I had never heard of NoEnd House. Now I know why! The concept is still kind of neat and I imagine they have a lot of ideas for how to play around with it, so I'm not too concerned.

Ted the Caver would be brilliant, although maybe its time has passed, since it lends itself so strongly to a found footage deal, which is something I have basically zero remaining interest in as a style.

BloodySloth on
  • Options
    I believe the concept of channel zero is they are all going to be based on internet scary stories.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    NoEnd House, while an incomplete (somewhat weak) story online, can absolutely be a strong horror story with a few tweaks to it's internals. The premise is excellent, we'll see if they can stick the execution. Candle Cove did very well with playing up the unease and wrongness that's inherent throughout that story, so they've got me for another season at least.

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Yeah however weak the source writing may be. Who ever writes the actual show had pretty deft skill with Candle Cove, so they've got me for the next season.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I believe the concept of channel zero is they are all going to be based on internet scary stories.

When do we get Manny?

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    The first season of Channel Zero was really good, and I really enjoyed the ending, but I also feel that the actual Candle Cove content, while a good hook in the first episode, was fairly extraneous to the actual plot and that left me rather disappointed.

• Options
    The first season of Channel Zero was really good, and I really enjoyed the ending, but I also feel that the actual Candle Cove content, while a good hook in the first episode, was fairly extraneous to the actual plot and that left me rather disappointed.

Eh the vaguely recalled puppet show that wasn't actually on the air was the hook that set the whole thing in motion. The original short was just a "What the fuck?" Where they took the show was an interesting.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttg7NZYIhCM

"No-End House" first episode is on youtube for free. Haven't gotten to watch it yet but will report back tonight.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    It's pretty good. The opening isn't quite as instantly captivating as the off-kilter interview in the first one, but overall it's a strong episode that could, for the most part, work as its own stand-alone piece.

reVerse on
  • Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    edited September 2017
    Yeah man, I'm for it. Awesome, quiet, moody first episode. They did what I expected (and hoped) by basically taking the core concept of the short story and replacing basically every detail.

As an aside, the fiancee and I also recently stated watching the MTV Scream show, and it's amazing the difference in how the two shows handle the teenage experience. I feel like I could remember being the kids in this.

BloodySloth on
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Are there any streaming solutions to see Season 1 in Canada?

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Core concept seems great and I'm very intrigued by a lot of the stuff here. Definitely tuning in for more, I am left with so many questions!

The little art plaque is a nice touch.

• Options
    Episode 2 cranks up the creepy and WTF dials. Stuff's getting good.
    That final scene did not go where I thought it would. What a deliciously horrific scene.

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    That final scene did not go where I thought it would. What a deliciously horrific scene.
    Agreed. Was that (what looked like) Cranberries inside her, or was he actually eating her flesh?

• Options
    edited September 2017
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    reVerse wrote: »
    Agreed. Was that (what looked like) Cranberries inside her, or was he actually eating her flesh?
    I think it was supposed to be weird fleshy substance from a realm beyond our own.

reVerse on
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    It looked like
    Pomegranates
    to me.

Also, jokey guy was incredibly stupid
    Never trust a doppelgänger, especially one as blatant as that

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Here's what the show's creator has to say about it, from production point of view:
    "We tested a bunch of digusting stuff for the memory filling, and we settled on something that kind of explicitly looks like fish roe," he explained. "It's actually tapioca with some chocolatey pudding and dye in it, and John said that it tasted very bad. At the end of that take, he would just stand up, like, smeared with that stuff, and go, 'You're welcome,' and then walk off."

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/what-channel-zero-episode-2s-gruesome-flesh-memory/1100-6453646/

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Starting Candle Cove now. Been meaning to watch this for awhile.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Well, SYFY.com has surpassed all other streaming TV sites as “the worst goddamn site ever.”

What the fuck.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    On No-End House beginning:
    What was the meaning behind the first two rooms?

• Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    On No-End House beginning:
    What was the meaning behind the first two rooms?

Maybe
    In the first room the house predicting it was going to feed off everyone except the one guy who's mind was set to create a house-spawn that was not friendly to the host. In the second maybe it was screening out hosts who couldn't mentally handle some supernatural weirdness and make poor memory hosts. Like do you make it to the house dimension feeding grounds if you exit the spook rooms too early?