As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Batman and Robin redesigned

eliseu gouveiaeliseu gouveia Registered User regular
edited April 2007 in Artist's Corner
Just some quick fun with character designs :)

IMAGE_462fdefc3bae8.jpg

eliseu gouveia on

• Options
    PatboyXPatboyX Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Bats belt looks a little tacked on - it looks less certain than the rest of him...a little Batman Beyond with the ears.
    I like that Robin is sports-bra'd (or at least less Power Girl-centric than most female comic characters.) It just makes sense...if she were a gymnast, she should have that body type. Her right hip is a little weak on the outline.
    and what happened to her legs?

PatboyX on
    "lenny bruce is not afraid..."
    brush1rt1.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Hey, PatboyX, thanks.

Yeah, Robin´s supposed to be very athletic and young (how old was Stephanie Brown when she bought it anyway, 16?) , so I figured she´d have a slim body like an olympic gymnast´s instead of the one of a Hooters waitress :)

eliseu gouveia on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited April 2007
    I'd say throw some yellow on Robin, maybe give her a cape. And make the logo (is that the black on her chest?) not so nightwing-ish

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    LOL

Thanks, Keith, funny you should say that since I actually went out of my way to remove every piece of yellow from their uniforms.

I am ashamed to confess that the Robin symbol on her chest was straight up stolen from the Schumaker movies....

eliseu gouveia on
  • Options
    Kewop DecamKewop Decam Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    the designs are well drawn, but they are kindda boring

Kewop Decam on
    pasigfa7.jpg
  • Options
    MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I think extra yellow would detract from the feel. Also, she's blonde and her eyes have a slight tinge.

I don't find it boring.

Meiz on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    the designs are well drawn, but they are kindda boring

Yeah, they're kinda dull. Even though this wouldn't fix that problem, I think some nice dynamic color'd lighting might jazz up the picture itself a bit...like a blue on one side, a red on the other, or something.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    AnakinOUAnakinOU Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I wanna see the reverse angle of that pic...specifically, to see how Robin's costume accommodates the braid of hair. :)

AnakinOU on
  • Options
    PatboyXPatboyX Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    AnakinOU wrote: »
    I wanna see the reverse angle of that pic...specifically, to see how Robin's costume accommodates the braid of hair. :)

Yeah, it seems like any opening would just be a handle to snap her neck.

PatboyX on
    "lenny bruce is not afraid..."
    brush1rt1.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited April 2007
    LOL

Thanks, Keith, funny you should say that since I actually went out of my way to remove every piece of yellow from their uniforms.

I am ashamed to confess that the Robin symbol on her chest was straight up stolen from the Schumaker movies....

Then it is the Nightwing logo. Not the one on Nightwing's suit, but the old logo he used to have.

I think that maybe changing the black symbol into a yellow bird (not much unlike the DCAU Nightwing) would work better.

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I love superhero redesigns. This is a good one. Your redesign seems to be leaning sort of towards a kind of realism, so the pony tail is a weakpoint, but I really like everything else.

DouglasDanger on