As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Elder Scrolls Online] It's the 2nd Era, so is this Oblivion 2, or Oblivion -1?

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I finally got Grothdarr's arm cops from an Undaunted pledge today!

... it was Light armor*. With the Training trait :|

(*as a magika DPS, I actually want Med or Heavy, so I can take advantage of the Undaunted trait that gives you stat bonuses for each different armor type you wear)

The monster shoulders are the most RNG heavy system in the game. The non DLC chests have 12 sets to choose from with 3 weights and 8 traits so it's a 1/288 chance any key will give you a specific one. I've collected multiple Divines versions of tank and healer shoulders trying to get the one I want for a stamblade.

The DLC ones are a bit easier since there are fewer sets but in general it's one of the things that make people really wish for a switch to a token system or retraiting items.
    Dat filagree tho :O

All the Dark Brotherhood DLC motifs are pretty swank.

Steel Angel on
    Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Bought the black cat because I'm a sucker for both non combat pets and limited time items.

In the description it says something about it being exclusive to the Japanese limited edition. Thought that was pretty cool.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    That is p. legit.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    I need to start collecting Single Candles for furnishing.

I'll set up some platforms around the house so place the candles on the edge of the roof and turn half of them on. Then I'll remove all the structures and have someone take a pic, switch which candles are lit, and take another pic and turn it into a gif.

Maybe put some candles in a tree with a special topper on it.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    OK everyone this is a VERY important question: Are there any sets of stairs you can make for your house?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    mccartmccart Registered User regular
    I've seen people make pretty convincing stairs outta some of the stone blocks you can use, not sure what the item is called though.

• Options
    mccart wrote: »
    I've seen people make pretty convincing stairs outta some of the stone blocks you can use, not sure what the item is called though.

I have some of those handy. I just realized earlier this morning that I can construct a cliff diving platform for my Demesne

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    AstraphobiaAstraphobia Lightning Bolt! Lightning Bolt! Root! Sleep! Death!Registered User regular
    Player customized housing is my catnip.

• Options
    @Astraphobia I just used large stone bricks to make a Diving platform for my pool, and people in chat have been advertising a parkour course.

It's pretty great.

I also spent last night goin to every Notable Location to put a cool map on my wall

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    A level 8 or 9 alt finished up the non-group Craglorn story quests up until the point of the random nirnhorned reward last night so in 31 days I'll have all 9 traits on boots researched. I think I have 2 more alts I can run through the quests until I get to the mules that still have too much crap to not be a huge pain to quest with.

I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    I still haven't done that on my only level 50 character, I got sidetracked trying to solo all the group stuff and ran into a couple of bosses that one shot me and got frustrated and stopped. I've also been working on completing Cadwell's gold since I really want the cauldron hat.

• Options
    I still haven't done that on my only level 50 character, I got sidetracked trying to solo all the group stuff and ran into a couple of bosses that one shot me and got frustrated and stopped. I've also been working on completing Cadwell's gold since I really want the cauldron hat.

The big thing was learning that the two group quest lines are now optional. That let me knock out the lines on a lowbie in 2 or 3 days since non-group delves are no problem. The quests you need to start can be a bit spread out though so you have to do a lot of riding around.

The hat is pretty sweet though.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    A level 8 or 9 alt finished up the non-group Craglorn story quests up until the point of the random nirnhorned reward

Wait. This is a thing? Can you elaborate for someone who knows exactly zero about Craglorn, and I mean zero? I have a pile of alts that might want to take advantage of this possibility and collect some nirnhoned stuff...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    One thing I keep meaning to mention that I recently learned: The tutorial in Cyrodiil gives you enough experience in the the Assault skill line to learn the skill that boosts your movement speed. This can be cast while you are mounted and in my opinion is essential anytime you are running around the world doing whatever. It only takes about 10 minutes to do the tutorial and it also rewards you with ~5k ap which you can spend on a gear bag when you hit cp160 in the hopes of getting something useful. You can do this starting at level 10.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    A level 8 or 9 alt finished up the non-group Craglorn story quests up until the point of the random nirnhorned reward

Wait. This is a thing? Can you elaborate for someone who knows exactly zero about Craglorn, and I mean zero? I have a pile of alts that might want to take advantage of this possibility and collect some nirnhoned stuff...

Craglorn is quickly accessible from any capitol city via a wagon located right by the npc that breadcrumbs your way over by chattering about stars and constellations. You can also walk over via Bangkorai but the cart is faster since it deposits you into the one city in the zone.

Once you go through the introductory preamble at the observatory building, the multiple quest lines open up.

You'll be asked to investigate a destroyed dolmen. A villager will tell you about a naked dude that suddenly appeared in the west. Someone will tell you about some weird elves at the inn. Someone else will go on about the Warrior constellation. The first two are the important quests. The latter two will quickly get you killed without a group.

This brings up an important part about Craglorn: It used to be an area designed for groups but that has been reduced. Now only certain parts of the zone require groups, mostly stuff in the middle band of the zone and stuff south of the main southern road. Do not touch any strange portals, rifts, crystals, shrines, or other unfamiliar objects or anomalies that you see as they will quickly result in your death. Craglorn is the Australia of Tamriel.

While you are working on the quests for the naked dude and a less naked mage, you'll wind up in Upper Craglorn. Upper Craglorn (along with far western Craglorn) are the solo friendly parts of the zone and separated from muder-happy Craglorn by a sheer cliff face so you have to use the roads marked on your map. Upper Craglorn is where Nirncrux comes from, at last in theory. It is a rare drop from the resource nodes in the northern part of the zone with a different type used for making Nirnhorned weapons and Nirnhorned armor. I'm not kidding when I say it's rare, there's a reason one type goes for 3-4k a pop and the other 9-10k. Despite being the solo friendly part of the zone you still do not want to touch anything you don't recognize as safe. You will however want to keep an ear out for a wonderful wood elf named Little-Leaf who is among my top 5 favorite npcs in the game and will call out to you as you ride near the Valley of Scars wayshrine to send you on the second half of the prerequisite quests you'll need.

Once you've finished all of these quests and the 4 npcs you've been doing quests for head off to rest/study/practice the lute, you'll want to head back to the observatory where you'll start on the capstone quests for the zone. Follow the chain and you'll get to the penultimate quest for the zone which will give you a random Nirnhorned item as a reward. This is the only place you can get Nirnhorned items from non-player sources outside of the special arena content (which make raids look easy and randomly determine item traits anyway) so combined with the high price of nirncrux and by extension nirnhorned items it pays off to do this line multiple times.

Oh, and these quests will also have you visit all the solo friendly delves in the zone (or almost all of them) so save compulsive skyshard hunting until the quests take you into said delves.

Steel Angel on

Steam Profile
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Craglorn is the Australia of Tamriel.

:lol:

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    One thing I keep meaning to mention that I recently learned: The tutorial in Cyrodiil gives you enough experience in the the Assault skill line to learn the skill that boosts your movement speed. This can be cast while you are mounted and in my opinion is essential anytime you are running around the world doing whatever. It only takes about 10 minutes to do the tutorial and it also rewards you with ~5k ap which you can spend on a gear bag when you hit cp160 in the hopes of getting something useful. You can do this starting at level 10.

On top of that, I use a mod that switches out one of my skills with Rapid Maneuver every time I mount up, and switches it back either when unmounting or after using the skill (putting it back on the bar after so many seconds so you can refresh, depending on settings). There are times this leaves me stuck in combat with the skill, though, so it's good to plan out which skill slot you need the least.

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    So did anything at all happen on Heart's Day (Feb 16)? I've been googling and can't find anything. Was there a quest, an item, anything?

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    No, just the Crown Store sales

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    Bought the black cat because I'm a sucker for both non combat pets and limited time items.

In the description it says something about it being exclusive to the Japanese limited edition. Thought that was pretty cool.

Thanks for cluing me in to there being a black cat pet! My overall goal is to get all the cat pets (so far, I've picked up all the domestic cats and am working on the exotics). It would've killed me to have a greyed out pet in my collections tab that had the word "cat" in it.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I have such a stupid anxiety when it comes to spending premium currency in literally every game I play.

My Lifetime Sub to STO (a fool and his money...) has given me an enormous bank of "Zen", but I've only ever purchased like 3 things in all these years.

Things like non-com pets and cosmetics I just get this deep feeling that I'll immediate regret the purchase afterward and end up just continuing to save.

Decoy on
  • Options
    Meanwhile I go through Crowns like candy...

I'm pretty much the target audience for any MMO that puts out real-money cosmetic goodies. :lol:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options

I'm pretty much the target audience for any MMO that puts out real-money cosmetic goodies. :lol:

You excited for the Wild Hunt Crates?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

You excited for the Wild Hunt Crates?

Not really. I grabbed 3 or 4 of the Atronach ones but typically I avoid slot machine type purchases. I will merrily give an MMO too much money, but only if I have control over what I'm getting. I've given TERA a boatload of money over the years, for instance, but never for RNG loot boxes.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Decoy wrote: »
    I have such a stupid anxiety when it comes to spending premium currency in literally every game I play.

My Lifetime Sub to STO (a fool and his money...) has given me an enormous bank of "Zen", but I've only ever purchased like 3 things in all these years.

Things like non-com pets and cosmetics I just get this deep feeling that I'll immediate regret the purchase afterward and end up just continuing to save.

I usually am like this...except for when it comes to cats and player houses (goodbye, 13,800 crowns...your sacrifice in the name of a waterfall-side chateau will not be forgotten). One thing that I wish TESO did was populate the player house with the unlocked non-combat pets.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    Erlkönig wrote: »

I usually am like this...except for when it comes to cats and player houses (goodbye, 13,800 crowns...your sacrifice in the name of a waterfall-side chateau will not be forgotten). One thing that I wish TESO did was populate the player house with the unlocked non-combat pets.

You CAN put the Pets in the house

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options

Static placement with cats just doesn't work (both my panther and senche leopard stand on the beds I place them on, and it's weird seeing the other cats standing on couches, beds, and next to the firepit). Granted, I'm sure Zeni is working on things that are more important than non-combat pet in-house wandering AI, but it's one of those things that's a little disappointing to me.

• Options

Static placement with cats just doesn't work (both my panther and senche leopard stand on the beds I place them on, and it's weird seeing the other cats standing on couches, beds, and next to the firepit). Granted, I'm sure Zeni is working on things that are more important than non-combat pet in-house wandering AI, but it's one of those things that's a little disappointing to me.

Some guy on reddit made the most of it and stacked a black cat on top of a lynx on top of a senche cub on top of a senche pet on top of a senche mount.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    hello I play this game now how are you all doing

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    I just killed a Mercenary Guard in order to learn how to make a Wax Display Apple

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    As you do. Perfectly reasonable, really.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    GrebnuGrebnu Registered User regular
    I always forget that you have loot crates now in ESO.

I think that's the right way to do that kind of thing. Keep it out of sight so people who are not interested won't have to see them.

I completely changed my skills a few days ago, now I can actually kill smaller bosses solo! Before that I was having a hard time. They have changed skills so much... Now it feels like almost every skill gives me some healing (stamblade). I play only solo PvP so I don't care about optimal builds. Now I'm having fun and that's the important thing...

Yesterday was hard though, apparently level scaling went kaput... Luckily I was mostly hunting for books and skyshards. And fishing, Alik'r is missing only a couple of fishy fishes and then I get the achievement!

I was supposed to start questing in Wrothgar, but got sidetracked again. I want to clear my quest log first so I can move there. And hunt the skyshards and complete unfinished delves and...

• Options
    President EvilPresident Evil Let's Rock Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I've burned through almost 700 crawlers in Coldharbour and I still need two more fish. Bah!

President Evil on
  • Options
    I've burned through almost 700 crawlers in Coldharbour and I still need two more fish. Bah!

If you need Insect Parts, the area near the World Boss in Southwest Dealer's March (Waterdancer or Moon dancer Falls) has a tons of torchbugs that are on a fairly quick respawn. A few days ago I was there for probably an hour or less and got 300 insect parts

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    I dumped 200 insect parts in the guild bank, I don't imagine I'll do much fishing so I figured I should pass them along

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, I suppose I should dump crafting materials I don't care about into the bank instead of selling them

I really only care about Blacksmithing right now

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    I gave away a bazillion worms and guts to someone the other night (I forgot who), but since I have zero interest in fishing ever, anything else I have/find for fishing I'll drop in the guild bank.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Another thing I keep forgetting: even if I don't intend to play ESO every day (due to Yakuza 0) I should at least log in every day to upgrade my horse and research equipment traits.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    I FINALLY GOT TO LEVEL 50. GET HYPE FOLKS. WOOOOO.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    I caught all the fish in Reaper's March!

3basnids3lf9.jpg