As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Elder Scrolls Online] It's the 2nd Era, so is this Oblivion 2, or Oblivion -1?

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Man I was getting a little pumped that I was going to get a banker or merchant assistant, which I can finally afford from just the months I've subbed so far...I have 5800 crowns and they cost 5000.

Except the Jester personality is awesome and costs 1000 and is limited time.

Dammit.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Man I was getting a little pumped that I was going to get a banker or merchant assistant, which I can finally afford from just the months I've subbed so far...I have 5800 crowns and they cost 5000.

Except the Jester personality is awesome and costs 1000 and is limited time.

Dammit.

I can tell you that the Jester personality + Skeleton Polymorph is GOOD TIMES

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Oh my god...my first time trying to craft high end endgame type gear for myself...

I tried to be so careful, double checked everything I could think of...made sure I was doing it right...I got 3 armor pieces and a bow to gold quality, getting ready to enchant it all...

Somehow I made it all CP150 instead of CP160 :(:(:(

What an expensive mistake. Dammit. Ugh........it's still an improvement over what I had before...

EDIT: DAMMIT I JUST MADE KUTA ENCHANTING GLYPHS FOR CP160 THAT I CAN'T APPLY TO THIS 150 GEAR

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    :bro:

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    I fixed some of it...just ate the cost and remade.

Basically I've traded most of a blue and purple Briarheart set from when I hit 160 in Wrothgar for the Night Mother's Gaze set. All the Briarheart stuff was Reinforced (% armor), just ended up that way, and the bow was Defending which accounted for like a third of my physical and spell resistance. Plus Briarheart's set bonus had a 10% chance for a weapon damage boost and crit healing.

But I've gained about 40% damage at all times, and more crit, and crits reducing the enemy's physical resistance. I feel like I kill everything way faster, it's really noticeable.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    I fixed some of it...just ate the cost and remade.

Basically I've traded most of a blue and purple Briarheart set from when I hit 160 in Wrothgar for the Night Mother's Gaze set. All the Briarheart stuff was Reinforced (% armor), just ended up that way, and the bow was Defending which accounted for like a third of my physical and spell resistance. Plus Briarheart's set bonus had a 10% chance for a weapon damage boost and crit healing.

But I've gained about 40% damage at all times, and more crit, and crits reducing the enemy's physical resistance. I feel like I kill everything way faster, it's really noticeable.

The only consolation I can give is that the only costly part of your mistake was the gold tempers. Even Elegant Lining is really common given how much stuff one deconstructs when running veteran dungeons.

Night Mother's Gaze is a great set, the top rated set for many stamina dps builds in non-trial settings. It loses its punch if you're grouped with someone else already wearing it but so many people are using out of date guides that recommend Hunding's Rage still that it's generally not an issue.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    I wanted to do the mix of Night Mother's Gaze and Twice Born Star but then I realized it took 9 traits to be able to craft it. So I need nirn research over the course of at least 3 months.

• Options
    I wanted to do the mix of Night Mother's Gaze and Twice Born Star but then I realized it took 9 traits to be able to craft it. So I need nirn research over the course of at least 3 months.

It's not really worth mixing the two IMO. Having both isn't a bad idea due to the situations where someone else may already have NMG on, but you can't get the five piece bonuses for both. At best you could get 4 of the one you have fewer pieces of but that would require not using a monster set and a number of those have a 1 piece bonus that's really great even if you haven't gotten the 2nd piece to drop yet.

Though again, the 9 trait thing makes it untenable in the short term anyway. I've been hitting the nirn research hard lately and still am about a month and a half out from crafting a set of TBS in medium though I've taken a bit of a detour to research some light stuff for an alt.

Thankfully it's pretty easy to get really good weapons and jewelry for a stamina dps build. Purple Agility jewelry has a really strong 3 set bonus that's second only to some trial drops and even then still better than the trial drops for non-instanced content and is bind on equip so lots of people sell them. A number of sets have a 2 piece bonus that adds weapon damage and Leki Daggers in particular are inexpensive compared to others because no one actually wants to use the full set. Any crafted sharpened bow is good since you won't be using that to try an complete a set bonus in pve but I'd personally recommend making it a Hunding's Rage bow for when you decide to do some pvp for Vigor and Caltrops.

I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Though again, the 9 trait thing makes it untenable in the short term anyway. I've been hitting the nirn research hard lately and still am about a month and a half out from crafting a set of TBS in medium though I've taken a bit of a detour to research some light stuff for an alt.

Speaking of Nirn research funtimes, in 30 days I'll have nirn on Shield. Will be able to grab two more traits Soon.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options

It's not really worth mixing the two IMO. Having both isn't a bad idea due to the situations where someone else may already have NMG on, but you can't get the five piece bonuses for both. At best you could get 4 of the one you have fewer pieces of but that would require not using a monster set and a number of those have a 1 piece bonus that's really great even if you haven't gotten the 2nd piece to drop yet.

Thankfully it's pretty easy to get really good weapons and jewelry for a stamina dps build. Purple Agility jewelry has a really strong 3 set bonus that's second only to some trial drops and even then still better than the trial drops for non-instanced content and is bind on equip so lots of people sell them. A number of sets have a 2 piece bonus that adds weapon damage and Leki Daggers in particular are inexpensive compared to others because no one actually wants to use the full set. Any crafted sharpened bow is good since you won't be using that to try an complete a set bonus in pve but I'd personally recommend making it a Hunding's Rage bow for when you decide to do some pvp for Vigor and Caltrops.

Just following this guide, specifically the beginner VMA set, which focuses on Twice Born Star with some Night Mother's Gaze added. He also says to get Agility jewelry.

Hey, do you know what the heck he means when he says the bow's glyph should be "default?" I've searched what that might mean and on another post he said this:
    So VMA staff default means don’t change it since it’ll override the enchant.

But the bow didn't have any sort of default enchantment.

• Options

Just following this guide, specifically the beginner VMA set, which focuses on Twice Born Star with some Night Mother's Gaze added. He also says to get Agility jewelry.

Hey, do you know what the heck he means when he says the bow's glyph should be "default?" I've searched what that might mean and on another post he said this:
    So VMA staff default means don’t change it since it’ll override the enchant.

But the bow didn't have any sort of default enchantment.

vMA is a completely different beast from the rest of the content in the game. Going into it with a beginner set up is only advised if you really, really want a challenge. A monster helm of some sort is a guaranteed drop from a veteran dungeon run through the appropriate dungeon so any gear setup that doesn't include one isn't really one to hew to for most situations.

The stuff about the bow glyph is just lazy copy and pasting from all the tables where a Master or Maelstrom bow is used. Master and Maelstrom weapons have a unique bonus that overrides any enchantment so changing the default glyph is pointless. For other bows, you'll want either a poison or disease damage glyph, with poison probably getting the edge because sometimes you get a group member trying to make the Morag Tong set work for him.

That said, a more comprehensive guide for anything stamblade and non-pvp is here: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/stamina-nightblade-pve-dps-for-homestead/

Deltia's builds aren't always so well regarded these days but Jeckll's guide is by far the best I've seen for any guide in terms of explaining choices and options.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Heh on that page it says for a newer 160 CP person getting started to use Hunding's Rage but just above you said "so many people are using out of date guides that recommend Hunding's Rage." :P

To be clear I'm not actually starting any endgame content at this point, I just wanted a general questing upgrade that I could craft right now and be set for a while. At this rate I may never do group content, there's so much to do outside of that.

UncleSporky on
  • Options
    Heh on that page it says for a newer 160 CP person getting started to use Hunding's Rage but just above you said "so many people are using out of date guides that recommend Hunding's Rage." :P

To be clear I'm not actually starting any endgame content at this point, I just wanted a general questing upgrade that I could craft right now and be set for a while. At this rate I may never do group content, there's so much to do outside of that.

Hunding's isn't a bad set by any means and we're not talking about a huge difference in damage numbers but it was once top dog in terms of sets apparently and some people never let that go. It's still a really good all around set if someone can only make one set of gear but how you'd ideally craft it for pvp is different than for pve.

It's easy to get into most of the dungeons and you're more than geared for it now with just one full CP 160 set and CP 160 weapons and jewelry (for non-DLC dungeons at least although veteran City of Ash 2 is always a pain in the butt and a few may have bosses you don't want to do hard mode on) and if you're doing a lot of crafting those skill points from dungeons are really, really helpful. Getting the exact optimal drop you need from a dungeon is a pain but any medium kragh monster helm is a huge upgrade from non-monster set stuff even if the trait isn't great. Plus you can get a lot of crafting materials in the form of grain solvent and elegant lining from dungeons plus the occasional research piece if you still are missing some.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    Twitch Channel:

Start Time: Friday, March 31 at 3:00pm EDT

Duration: 45-60 minutes

Topics:

Brief week in review
    First showcase of the Warden, including the following topics:
    How the Warden was designed
    Playing the Warden in different roles
    Deep dive of one of the Warden's skill lines
    A giveaway sometime during the show
    We look forward to seeing everyone this Friday at 3:00pm EDT on twitch.tv/bethesda.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    So... most of us are Aldmeri Dominion, right?

Would anyone be interested in getting together a small 5 to 10 man Cyrodiil havoc squad on Azura's Star (that's the no champ points campaign)?

To explain: in GW2's open PVP campaign, a Havoc squad was a small group of five to ten people whose job it was to annoy the shit out of people. You do things like start to take worthless objectives far away from your team's main zerg, then immediately bail as soon as anyone shows up, then come back and do it again, to get the enemy to spread their mans out too much. If they decide that you're not worth the trouble, you take their shit anyway. You sneak up behind large zergs engaged with your team or your objectives and try to needle/peel tryhards and squishies away from their backline, splitting the group and leaving them vulnerable; you then pick off the tryhards to thin their numbers. If you peel the WHOLE zerg, you lead them on a merry chase away from the objective. You're not there to be a big group to take things down, your job is to be a bunch of annoying lil shithead trolls to the other team.

This would not be a tryhard group. I wouldn't be expecting super special awesome PVP optimized gear or even PVP optimized builds; we're here to be annoying, not effective :P Tho I would say that if you're normally super DPS, do bring a few self-sustains/heals, and everybody will need hella escapes.

• Options
    I would do that sometime, I love to be annoying. But really I don't know anything about pvp in this game. The few times I encountered objective NPC groups and stuff, they had some crazy magic cannon thing that killed me instantly?

• Options
    I would do that sometime, I love to be annoying. But really I don't know anything about pvp in this game. The few times I encountered objective NPC groups and stuff, they had some crazy magic cannon thing that killed me instantly?

Yeah all the objective NPCs are basically like town guards -- bosses. You CAN solo them but you have to be smart and careful. they're meant to be taken in groups.

We wouldn't be doing that. We would be teasing that NPC guy to get actual players to show up, then running away. Or coming up behind enemy players and stabbing them in the butt, then running away. Lots of running. Ironically, we aren't Bretons, most of us :P

• Options
    I dunno, when I was in Greenshade there was regularly a lot of zone talk about how it was the most boring zone in the game, and I realized I agreed with them. I still haven't finished it.

And Elden Root is the worst major city.

Before you judge them too harshly, wait until you get into the zone after greenshade. That's when the Bosmer start getting interesting.
    Grahtwood: Meh
    Greenshade: Meh

Malabal Tor was great.

This is digging back in the thread quite a bit, back to November 2016, when I had posted that I didn't really like what ESO had done with elves. To me they felt (and still feel) like off-brand LotR and/or WoW elves. Like I dunno if Bethesda would've gone in this kinda generic direction with them, if they made a game dedicated to them.

People said just wait, it gets better after Greenshade. Now that I have finally put in the time to finish Malabal Tor, I have to say it really didn't. In fact I think it may have been worse than Greenshade.

For the whole Dominion line so far, I enjoyed Khenarthi's Roost and Auridon a lot. Lots of cool stuff getting established, some exciting and interesting side stories to go with the main quest with Queen Ayrenn and those who would try to betray her, and fun characters like Razum-Dar. Grahtwood started getting boring, and Greenshade even more so. Basically those were the "Bosmer lore" zones and I found it mostly uninteresting. Tree houses, plants, one with nature, hunting, scouting, animals, blah blah blah.

Malabal Tor was basically 100% just fighting the Hound in order to get the Silvenar married to the Green Lady. I didn't feel like much of a story was unfolding, it was just one goal with MMO-ish obstacles in the way. And then you find out the mysterious Hound was
    basically a jealous ex-boyfriend.

The most interesting part of the zone was Bandaari Trading Post which was all Khajiit guile. That was the only thing that felt as fun as the early game.

Also people said one thing that made the Bosmer interesting was that there was some cannibalistic shenanigans going on? I don't remember a single quest thus far dealing with anything like that? Reaper's March is basically their last chance here.

• Options
    edited April 2017

The most interesting part of the zone was Bandaari Trading Post which was all Khajiit guile. That was the only thing that felt as fun as the early game.

Also people said one thing that made the Bosmer interesting was that there was some cannibalistic shenanigans going on? I don't remember a single quest thus far dealing with anything like that? Reaper's March is basically their last chance here.

There is a sidequest in Reaper's March where you have to save a dude's wife from being eaten by a Bosmer tribe. So yeah.

*edit* to clarify, the dude himself fucked up real bad and by the laws of the tribe they HAVE to eat her. it's interesting.

Lucid_Seraph on
  • Options
    GrebnuGrebnu Registered User regular
    One needs to keep his/her eyes open for the more obscure lore in ESO. They are quite good at hiding interesting snippets everywhere.

But yeah, elves are racist little booger noses and I hate them with a vengeance. ES lore makes them so easy to hate. Bosmer are ok, but only because they are like squirrels.

Like half of the game is almost unplayable for me, because all I want to do is smash those little elf heads and plunder their valuables.

• Options

One of the factional main story quests in a zone you went through had you investigate a clan of Bosmer that died to poison because another clan was losing a war against the first and chose to poison themselves knowing the other clan would eat their remains and then die as a result. For some reason or another they wound up as unhappy ghosts/spirits. None of them were going around shouting "We eat the dead of our enemies" mind you, they just generally acted as if it was standard procedure after a battle.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, that lot are unrepentant plant fetishist cannibals.

Best to burn the whole forest down, really.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options

One of the factional main story quests in a zone you went through had you investigate a clan of Bosmer that died to poison because another clan was losing a war against the first and chose to poison themselves knowing the other clan would eat their remains and then die as a result. For some reason or another they wound up as unhappy ghosts/spirits. None of them were going around shouting "We eat the dead of our enemies" mind you, they just generally acted as if it was standard procedure after a battle.

Oh you're right. Man I blazed past that, it didn't really register, probably because they were all dead spirits.

I was expecting like cannibal murder mystery or something. Who ate this man who was just visiting from out of town?!

• Options
    I bought a Broom Weapon and Bucket Helmet.

I'm sad they're equipment so I can't show the bucket while wearing costumes but the Drunk personality is gonna come in handy

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options

Oh you're right. Man I blazed past that, it didn't really register, probably because they were all dead spirits.

I was expecting like cannibal murder mystery or something. Who ate this man who was just visiting from out of town?!

I think part of the reason you missed it then is because the Bosmer treat the cannibalism thing like it's a totally normal, everyday thing. They don't make a big deal out of it. It makes other races nervous, but in the AD most of the others just kinda avoid the subject. Part of it is also that it's highly ritualized and has very specific rules about it: they don't just randomly eat people (that's rude), it's that by the laws of the Green Pact they cannot let meat go to waste, so if they kill an enemy in battle they have to eat the body (and presumably use the bones/skin for other stuff?) so as not to waste anything.

The quests that really go into how weird/fucked up the Green Pact is are (contains spoilers, but you've probably done all of these without paying attention I guess):
    Pact Advocate: The forest has turned against this town because someone has violated the Green Pact. As an outsider, you're asked to intervene. You have three suspects: a Khajiit (who most suspect bc racism), the village Spinner, and the Spinner's wife.

It turns out that the spinner's wife was dying of a sickness that could be easily cured by a fresh plant cutting. She paid the Khajiit to cut the plant and leave it where her husband could find it. He did, and used it to cure her. For some reason, the forest took this as a violation (this is odd to me because there's another instance later on where a village pays a guy to cut some trees for wood for them, and it's considered fine? I think that may have been bad writing / a miscommunication between writing teams :\ ). As punishment, the local sacred tree exsanguinates her. I also don't know what happens if you accuse someone else of being the culprit, I've never tried that (maybe on my next go-through?)

Right of Theft: This is the one mentioned above. A small Bosmer village, Vullain, were about to be slaughtered by the Blackroot clan. They knew there was no way to escape (they were surrounded). Knowing that by the Green Pact he and his warriors would have to eat their bodies, they poisoned themselves with a slow-acting poison before he arrived, ensuring that while they'd die, they'd take the Blackroot with them, and save the rest of the area from their marauding.

This quest in Reaper's March, however, is the one you're really looking for. It's in a place called Willowgrove:

Questionable Contract

So make sure to get that one and try to actually read the text :P It's more funny than terrifying, but there's some pretty dark implications about the Bosmer as a whole in it.

• Options
    I did read it and understood what was going on but it didn't feel all that significant to me, I guess. It followed the mold of other quests where you see spirits talking about what happened in the past, so it was less impactful than hey, this is happening right now y'know?

• Options
    Note to self: put these in the OP when I have a moment:

The Hitchhiker's Guide to Tamriel

The Hitchicker's Guide to Cyrodiil

• Options
    Reaper's March is awesome. Maybe my favorite zone so far. Feels so fresh leaving the woods.

The Khajiit might feel more interesting than they really are just because we're only given a taste in this game, not much Elsweyr present just yet. Just a short starting zone and now Reaper's March. They haven't had time to get boring.

But man even just "generic" stuff like "help out this small town with a number of troubles." I loved that questline. I cared so much about S’ren-ja and the shady stuff happening to these poor people that when it came time to explore the final cave, I killed every smuggler in there, and I made sure to kill Rakhad as a werewolf and I ate him.
    That poor girl who lost her stupid brother, just because he was trying to scare her away from the house so they could sell it to pay off their debts. :(

Also really enjoyed what I've played of the main (mane) quest, the inept mage with gruesome consequences, the prank festival, and the gambling area with replayable minigames. I think Spikeball is glitched and unwinnable, though. Every time I get to the cave the other runners disappear and presumably teleport to the finish line, I can't win. They run in weird ways before that point too. Better not be a quest that counts for anything.

• Options
    Join us in celebrating The Elder Scrolls Online's three-year anniversary by participating in our delicious special event for a host of unique bonuses and rewards.

To celebrate ESO's three-year milestone from its initial launch, the famous baker of delectable sweets, Chef Donolon, is returning to Tamriel once more. This time he has a new, even-more delicious treat to share on top of some additional rewards to boot!

You can get all the details, including how to get your sticky fingers on the new cake, below:

The event begins on April 4, 2017 at 10:00 AM EDT, and ends on April 18, 2017, at 10:00 AM EDT.
    When you log in, find the acclaimed Chef in Vulkhel Guard, Daggerfall, or Davon's Watch and complete his appetizing quest Ache for Cake.
    If you are having trouble finding him, check the Crown Store for a free Jubilee Cake Voucher that'll grant you a quest directing you to his location.
    Once his quest is complete, the new 2nd Annual Jubilee Cake will be added to your Mementos collection.
    You can use the cake to place it in the world. Once placed, anybody within your group can take a slice and (for the duration of the event) receive a two-hour 100% XP buff that stacks with any other active XP bonuses. Have a party!
    In addition to the above, all daily and weekly quests completed during the anniversary event will grant you an Anniversary Gift Box (along with their regular rewards). These gift boxes contain crafting materials, but they are also guaranteed to include at least one rare item such as Nirncrux, Motif chapters, Style items, Furniture crafting items, or more. Tasty!

Finally, we just want to say thank you. This celebration is just as much about the continued support of ESO's lively, dedicated community as it is about the three-year milestone. So join us to eat some cake, complete some quests, and celebrate our time in Tamriel. Don't forget share your festivities with us on Twitter @TESOnline

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Reaper's March is awesome. Maybe my favorite zone so far. Feels so fresh leaving the woods.

The Khajiit might feel more interesting than they really are just because we're only given a taste in this game, not much Elsweyr present just yet. Just a short starting zone and now Reaper's March. They haven't had time to get boring.

But man even just "generic" stuff like "help out this small town with a number of troubles." I loved that questline. I cared so much about S’ren-ja and the shady stuff happening to these poor people that when it came time to explore the final cave, I killed every smuggler in there, and I made sure to kill Rakhad as a werewolf and I ate him.
    That poor girl who lost her stupid brother, just because he was trying to scare her away from the house so they could sell it to pay off their debts. :(

Also really enjoyed what I've played of the main (mane) quest, the inept mage with gruesome consequences, the prank festival, and the gambling area with replayable minigames. I think Spikeball is glitched and unwinnable, though. Every time I get to the cave the other runners disappear and presumably teleport to the finish line, I can't win. They run in weird ways before that point too. Better not be a quest that counts for anything.

Yeah, Reaper's March is by far my favorite zone in the game, too. In addition to having some of the very best questlines -- both the main quest AND many of the sidequests -- it's gorgeous to boot.

To be honest, that was a big part of why I bought Sleek Creek house -- the views from the balcony are lovely, and it just feels right to have a place in that zone.

• Options
    http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2017/04/04/crown-store-showcase-april-2017

I really like the view from the Demesne. Wish I could repair the town!

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Oh, crap. I don't have a sub so I don't really have spare crowns, but that Scholar personality... ;-;

• Options
    Oh, crap. I don't have a sub so I don't really have spare crowns, but that Scholar personality... ;-;

I hear it's pretty predictable. Rather....

By the books

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Having done 30 crafting dailies, 3 Wrothgar dailies, 7 Gold Coast dailies, and 6 Craglorn dailies I got:
    Abah's Watch Bows
    Order Hour Staves
    Minotaur Daggers
    Dominion Belts
    Pact Shoulders
    Dark Brotherhood Maces
    Glass Shoulders
    Outlaw Shields
    Akaviri Daggers
    Blueprint: Breton Stall, Vending
    Diagram: High Elf Flute, Wine
    Dreugh Wax
    and a lot of other miscellaneous crafting supplies. Some are really significant, like 20 Namira's Rot or 20 Dragonthorn in one package.

Worst box? 10 Ruby Ash, straight up, that was all. I think every other box had at least 2 things in it...

Weirdly I got all my good stuff early on, and then the last like 15 boxes had nothing to add to the list above.

• Options
    Does the location of the opening affect what you'll get? I opened mine in Craglorn and got Yokudan Shoulders and Yokudan bows

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Does the location of the opening affect what you'll get? I opened mine in Craglorn and got Yokudan Shoulders and Yokudan bows

Doubt it. I've been pulling pvp factional motifs outside of Cyrodil.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    SO OKAY I get the feeling that this guild doesn't do a hell of a lot of Craglorn, and we want MOAR DAILIES for nice boxes. SO...

A SMALL GUIDE TO THE DAILIES YOU CAN SOLO IN CRAGLORN
    Taken Alive : Easy-peasy. Rescue some caravan guards, kill a soloable boss (equal to a normal delve boss).

Iron and Scales : Burn some banners, kill a solo-able delve boss, mount a head on a pike.

Waters Run Foul : UESP says this one is solo-able, but I haven't had a chance to test it yet. Try at your own risk.

The Gray Passage : This one is a pain in the ass, but it can be done solo. You have two hours to visit every single Delve in upper Craglorn, find a rock, read it, and run back to Dragonstar. The main thing is that with one (soloable) exception, you don't have to fight anything; if you're sneaky and fast you can blow past the mobs, read the stone, and get out.

There's also A TON of daily group quests in Craglorn that count for the Festival -- at least ten. Several are very long, however. I'm still absolutely happy to tackle them with anybody who wants to. In addition to the festival rewards, many of these group quests give other awesome rewards, like Yokudan, Celestial, and Ra Gada style books.

Lucid_Seraph on
  • Options
    SO OKAY I get the feeling that this guild doesn't do a hell of a lot of Craglorn, and we want MOAR DAILIES for nice boxes. SO...

Taken Alive : Easy-peasy. Rescue some caravan guards, kill a soloable boss (equal to a normal delve boss).

Iron and Scales : Burn some banners, kill a solo-able delve boss, mount a head on a pike.

Waters Run Foul : UESP says this one is solo-able, but I haven't had a chance to test it yet. Try at your own risk.

The Gray Passage : This one is a pain in the ass, but it can be done solo. You have two hours to visit every single Delve in upper Craglorn, find a rock, read it, and run back to Dragonstar. The main thing is that with one (soloable) exception, you don't have to fight anything; if you're sneaky and fast you can blow past the mobs, read the stone, and get out.

There's also A TON of daily group quests in Craglorn that count for the Festival -- at least ten. Several are very long, however. I'm still absolutely happy to tackle them with anybody who wants to. In addition to the festival rewards, many of these group quests give other awesome rewards, like Yokudan, Celestial, and Ra Gada style books.

That third quest is a Shada's Tear quest which is not a good place to go into solo by all accounts. There are a lot of dailies attached to Shada's though so plenty of reason to be there in a group anyway not that I've found time to.

Steam Profile
  • Options

That third quest is a Shada's Tear quest which is not a good place to go into solo by all accounts. There are a lot of dailies attached to Shada's though so plenty of reason to be there in a group anyway not that I've found time to.

Yeah, that's what I thought. I think the lack of group icon next to it is probably a glitch. Will edit.

The other three are absolutely soloable.

• Options
    edited April 2017
    herp derp accidental double post

Lucid_Seraph on