As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Overwatch thread (also crwth drools, it's a real problem he's trying to address)

• Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    My Tracer play has gotten much better since I lowered my sensitivity to 12. That said nothing apparently pleases these people who are religiously obsessed with the meta. I'm behind the enemy lines with gold in eliminations, objective kills and objective time getting key picks. "GET OFF TRACER." I'm shooting down Phara from the ground. "GET OFF TRACER." Triple kill pulse bomb. "GET OFF TRACER." We at one point had the other team pushed back to their spawn and we're killing them on the ramp right outside of their spawn. Me and my friends are laughing about how they had to switch a guy out to Bastion and set up in the ship just to chase us off. "GET OFF TRACER."

Good times.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Adus wrote: »
    honestly almost none of the new skins from any event have been more interesting than most of the normal designs or launch legendary (or epic) skins with the exception of like, witch mercy and junkenstein.

the christmas epics were all really good

imo the epics more often look good because they're more generalized

"cold-themed reaper" feels way more usable all the time than "CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS CHRISTMAS"

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    I need to remember to not play comp on weekends

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    This is apparently how you're supposed to prep on Gibraltar attack.

https://youtu.be/vNRu-BYh3_Y

Which led to this 1.5 minute final push.

https://youtu.be/M1gBa2Xy39Y

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »
    This is apparently how you're supposed to prep on Gibraltar attack.

https://youtu.be/vNRu-BYh3_Y

Which led to this 1.5 minute final push.

https://youtu.be/M1gBa2Xy39Y

I am who showed you proper monkey prep!

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    So this also happened earlier with the PA crew... it was me and Mercy left on the point and, well

https://youtu.be/nuoUj_sfaSU

the Hanzo and DVa both die seconds after the end of the clip and we successfully cleared the point and could reset our defense for the next push

really, it's Mercy doing most of the work there

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    new pc and suddenly I'm climbing a bit.. almost SR 2700 now, although diamond is probably too far off to make it.. But I'll try!

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    "Oh, play of the game as Lucio! I wonder if that was that headshot kill on McCree!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUKzQPfx-Ek

No, it was the most boring potg in the history of the game

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Some fantastic times with the PA crew tonight.

First, it turns out you can get the tire on Gibraltar going pretty fast.

Then some good booping times in Oasis.

And, finally, unspoilered, the greatest POTG of all time.

https://youtu.be/SBf4pf38kzM

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    And yet I am but a mortal man

worship me not as a god, oh admiring throngs

Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    so I went from...sub 1800 to just shy of 2100 on competitive tonight, which is weird because I haven't played since like...the christmas event? it was apparently long enough ago that the game kept popping up tool tips for me?

got my first "MVP" card too, as Zenyatta. I was on fire for 65% of the match??? and I actually had some good Pharah matches, which had...generally not been the case, despite the time I've spent on her.

also three of my five highlights are symmetra now

• Options
    LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    So my Overwatch has been broken for a while, sometimes it will just not play nicely with my internet. About 90% of the time I try to play, I have insane packet loss problems, so bad that half the time I try to fire my weapon I have to mash the fire button to shoot once because it just rubberbands mid-animation. I checked the battle.net support forums and I found lots of people complaining about the same issue for about the last month (which is roughly when it started for me but I had just moved and assumed it was my shitty internet) but not a single blue post or suggestion that actually does anything.

So what do I even do here? I can rarely play the game because I boot it up and walking in anything other than a straight line is a challenge.

I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Options
    it was apparently long enough ago that the game kept popping up tool tips for me?
    Those are always on unless you turn them off , and yes they wait to be very snarky almost in their moments,

most tips are "Hey, that thing you JUST did? Don't"

• Options
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    So my Overwatch has been broken for a while, sometimes it will just not play nicely with my internet. About 90% of the time I try to play, I have insane packet loss problems, so bad that half the time I try to fire my weapon I have to mash the fire button to shoot once because it just rubberbands mid-animation. I checked the battle.net support forums and I found lots of people complaining about the same issue for about the last month (which is roughly when it started for me but I had just moved and assumed it was my shitty internet) but not a single blue post or suggestion that actually does anything.

So what do I even do here? I can rarely play the game because I boot it up and walking in anything other than a straight line is a challenge.

A friend of mine had a similar problem, turns out he had 500 (no exaggeration, like 524) malwares on his PC periodically clogging everything from his connection to his CPU/RAM.

Try a malware scan

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options

A friend of mine had a similar problem, turns out he had 500 (no exaggeration, like 524) malwares on his PC periodically clogging everything from his connection to his CPU/RAM.

Try a malware scan

It's just Overwatch that's the issue though. It's not even Blizzard as a whole, I can play WoW and HotS just fine but Overwatch drops packets all over the floor. Every other game is perfectly fine too, I have no idea what's going on with it.

• Options
    SorCSorC Registered User regular

Try a malware scan

It's just Overwatch that's the issue though. It's not even Blizzard as a whole, I can play WoW and HotS just fine but Overwatch drops packets all over the floor. Every other game is perfectly fine too, I have no idea what's going on with it.

Got any firewall software installed? If you do check to see if it's got app specific settings that are fucking with OW. Hasn't happened to me for OW, but has for other games.

11776-1.png
  • Options
    SorC wrote: »

Try a malware scan

Got any firewall software installed? If you do check to see if it's got app specific settings that are fucking with OW. Hasn't happened to me for OW, but has for other games.

I didn't have any issues with my firewall software, but this did remind me to check the ports on my router because I forgot that I replaced the old one in the move. Forwarded some of the parts and it seems to be working right now, but then again that has happened before. I'll ask again if it comes back some other time.

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular

Play on console.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options

Try a malware scan

He had literally the same.. Said he could play anything else, it was 'just overwatch'

Do a malware scan, won't do any harm to check.

Also, what graphics card are you using, Nvidia?

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Try turning off Dynamic Reflections in options.

edit: there's a few other changes you can make in options that massively improve performance on a number of machines, I'm trying to track down the full list

WiseManTobes on
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Got 20 points away from finally ranking up to gold and then got roflstomped back down again... sigh.

• Options

edit: there's a few other changes you can make in options that massively improve performance on a number of machines, I'm trying to track down the full list

Found it, try some of these
    https://reddit.com/r/Competitiveoverwatch/comments/4vz5sh/cut_my_input_delay_in_half_and_loving_it/

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular

https://reddit.com/r/Competitiveoverwatch/comments/4vz5sh/cut_my_input_delay_in_half_and_loving_it/

Fair warning with these though is to do one thing at a time to see how it affects your performance. Some things won't make a difference and some things that seem like they might help can actually be a detriment to your experience to toggle. But as long as you don't do more than one change at a time, then you can actually figure out the best settings for your particular setup.

• Options
    REMINDER:

Don't touch arcade come the reset in 22 hours. Save your Arcade til the 24th!

• Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular

As I mentioned last time, SIM value appears to only be the length of one frame at the current framerate.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    REMINDER:

I crank it out on Monday but since they gutted DVA I have been playing misery heroes and getting angry and very miserable doing so
    I don't do 1v1 as it gives me people I am horrible with and 3v3 is now unattractive because of what they did to dva

• Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    Wait, are the d.va changes live already?

I hadn't noticed much of a difference playing as her recently.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    AFAIK the D. Va changes aren't live yet

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Everyone's offline!

Come play video games on pee cee!

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    Everyone's offline!

Come play video games on pee cee!

some of us have work in the morning :c

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Featured in this video: me as Zenyatta letting a Reinhardt die + my dumb voice.

https://youtu.be/eQQVtEV42pE

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    REMINDER:

Wouldn't it be better to do 2 Arcade wins before the event happens, and wait for your 3rd win and beyond? That way, you're quicker to get the boxes.

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Part of the event trailer leaked. Shows new Mercy and Symmetra skins (and what looks like a new Mercy highlight intro) - and what appears to be a capture the flag mode. Whether this is a brawl or a new permanent thing, who knows.

Ceno on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    New Symmetra skin you say

How interesting

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Perrsun wrote: »
    REMINDER:

Wouldn't it be better to do 2 Arcade wins before the event happens, and wait for your 3rd win and beyond? That way, you're quicker to get the boxes.

Depends on how close you are to your next level too.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »
    New Symmetra skin you say

How interesting

Recolors so I wouldn't get too hyped.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I don't think I'm gonna like any skin more than her Halloween one

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    If I snag that Symmetra skin I will definitely use it. It's very nice looking. I don't like any of her legendaries enough to buy one so I've just been using her yellow rare skin.

This discussion has been closed.