As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Amateurhour's [chat] and bushcraft supply store

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    evilbob wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    I wish more of ME3 had felt like Leviathan - moody and ominous and foreboding - instead of this weird uncomfortable mix of OOH-RAH USA and apocalyptic carnage.

Oh man. The first mission. Creepy as fuuuuuuuuck. Closest the rest of the series got was bits of ME2: Overlord dlc.

There were a few good moments of creepy horror in the series, like all the parts with indoctrinated people, but I wish they had leaned into it harder. Sci-fi horror is a really fun vibe, especially when you can then discharge the tension by renegade-interrupting the scary thing in its dumb face

rRwz9.gif
  • TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »
    I did a charity show for a girl with like, crazy rare cancer before

I was doing crowd work and asked a women what she did and she responded "oh I'm <girl with cancer>'s reiki healer" and it took a lot of self to not go "well if that wasn't a load of shit then we wouldn't be here"

To this day you're unsure if you did the right thing. I am unsure at any rate.

I feel like insulting the girl with cancer's belief system is a good way to not get paid.

That's a tough line to walk. I did standup at a private show for some studio exec a few years ago, and she got absolutely plastered and started heckling me. I reached a point where I thought, "Fuck it, either she'll be offended and I'll never book a party with her again, or I'll turn her down because this is untenable."

Turns out she loved it and added another $200 to my pay. I got asked back the following year but I was busy having a mental breakdown, so I had to politely decline.

I am ridiculously jealous of this. I would love to be doing shitty corporates.

The scene here is so small and stifling and cliquey that it takes so long to get to that stage. There's hardly any open mics and the shows that are running are hella tough to get onto because there's an over saturation of comics.

I'd be lying if I said I hadn't considered moving to another country for standup.

• firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    I wanted to replay ME3 on PC, but, last time I checked, it didn't support controllers for some insane reason. Which is a bummer since I've never played any of the DLC for it.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular

Thanks @Sir Landshark but no bueno

I got a bunch of australian sites

WHAT EVEN IS THIS GROODLE

• Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular

I was doing crowd work and asked a women what she did and she responded "oh I'm <girl with cancer>'s reiki healer" and it took a lot of self to not go "well if that wasn't a load of shit then we wouldn't be here"

I feel like insulting the girl with cancer's belief system is a good way to not get paid.

That's a tough line to walk. I did standup at a private show for some studio exec a few years ago, and she got absolutely plastered and started heckling me. I reached a point where I thought, "Fuck it, either she'll be offended and I'll never book a party with her again, or I'll turn her down because this is untenable."

Turns out she loved it and added another $200 to my pay. I got asked back the following year but I was busy having a mental breakdown, so I had to politely decline.

The scene here is so small and stifling and cliquey that it takes so long to get to that stage. There's hardly any open mics and the shows that are running are hella tough to get onto because there's an over saturation of comics.

I'd be lying if I said I hadn't considered moving to another country for standup.

I'm in LA, and it's teeming with comics. I mostly stand out because I'm a 6' 4" red-haired bisexual British guy who makes jokes about his parents' cause of death. I think the accent does a lot of the heavy lifting - I'm not sure I'd fare so well if I went back to England.

Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
  • ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Querry suggested drinking and topless video chatting as an election night activity

I'm.. I'm ok with this

• ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Someone text me if I need to go into a bunker on the way to the grocery store because of nukes

• ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    literally sitting on concrete outside cuz i cant stand long enough to get thru this voting line without my feet going numb and feelng like im gonna fall. fml.

I post Makeup stuff and Schnauzers on instagram.

Ludious wrote: »
    I react like a dyslexic crash test dummy. Hit the wall then the brakes.
  • BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Someone text me if I need to go into a bunker on the way to the grocery store because of nukes

"hey bb get undrgrnd the world is over lol"

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

Shiv, even if Trumpo is elected, we have at least until january before he fires nukes.

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular

I'm in LA, and it's teeming with comics. I mostly stand out because I'm a 6' 4" red-haired bisexual British guy who makes jokes about his parents' cause of death. I think the accent does a lot of the heavy lifting - I'm not sure I'd fare so well if I went back to England.

Yeah, I get that. I don't sound particularly Irish and I did well in Florida and Colorado because I didn't have an American/Canadian/Mexican accent but I wasn't hard to understand.

• BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular

Shiv, even if Trumpo is elected, we have at least until january before he fires nukes.

Tonight is more dangerous if he DOESN'T get elected, frankly >_>

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    ChelleYeah wrote: »
    literally sitting on concrete outside cuz i cant stand long enough to get thru this voting line without my feet going numb and feelng like im gonna fall. fml.

They legally have to accommodate you. Make them pull out a chair and take it around with you.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    I wish more of ME3 had felt like Leviathan - moody and ominous and foreboding - instead of this weird uncomfortable mix of OOH-RAH USA and apocalyptic carnage.

Oh man. The first mission. Creepy as fuuuuuuuuck. Closest the rest of the series got was bits of ME2: Overlord dlc.

There were a few good moments of creepy horror in the series, like all the parts with indoctrinated people, but I wish they had leaned into it harder. Sci-fi horror is a really fun vibe, especially when you can then discharge the tension by renegade-interrupting the scary thing in its dumb face

The Reapers are a very Lovecraftian enemy. Sleeping beyond "dark space," inscrutably malevolent.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

780vbsnhqbvv.jpg

TRUMP IS LEADING OVER 6-TO-1

HILLARY SHOULD CONCEDE NOW

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    :( Stay strong, Chelle. :bro:

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Squirminator2kSquirminator2k they/them North Hollywood, CARegistered User regular
    BeNarwhal wrote: »

Tonight is more dangerous if he DOESN'T get elected, frankly >_>

I don't know, I think it'd be of a benefit to have a President who doesn't try to get Twitter API access for the country's nuclear launch codes.

Jump Leads - a scifi-comedy audiodrama podcast
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »

The Reapers are a very Lovecraftian enemy. Sleeping beyond "dark space," inscrutably malevolent.
    Venerated by a lot of rabid gamer fanboys, etc.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Feral, Bernie Hillary can still win, delegates electors don't vote until July December

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    hello voters

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    i'm a drink this entire bottle of wine tonight

I'm contemplating picking up a nice bottle of scotch on the way home.

I already have a mini fridge of milwaukee's best light in the event of a trump win

For everything ME3 does wrong, it has one spectacular bit of storytelling where your choices really do matter:
    Rannoch

I hope Andromeda has more moments like that.

desc wrote: »
    hello voters

what did you call me!?

the man handed me a ballot. I THREW IT ON THE GROUND

I'M NOT GONNA BE PART OF YOUR SYSTEM

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    polling place had 2 obvious trumple "poll watchers"

and 2 equally obvious cops in suits staring at them unblinking from folding chairs

• MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Querry suggested drinking and topless video chatting as an election night activity

I'm.. I'm ok with this

I'm up for this.

Are we doing Google Hangouts or Skype?

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    my polling place had a poll watcher who was a really cute girl

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    polling place had 2 obvious trumple "poll watchers"

and 2 equally obvious cops in suits staring at them unblinking from folding chairs

Who watches the watchmen watching the watchmen?

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular

the poll watchers at mine were old white dudes with beards, to see what they look like just picture what a "racist truck driver" looks like and youll be in the ball park

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

this sounds like a trap

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Unfriended a person on facebook for continuing to share doctored images and fake quotes and shitty political forwards. Just a literal Andy Borowitz quote with every instance of "Trump" replaced with "Hillary" to totally fuck with the message. Just awful.

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Feral wrote: »
    For everything ME3 does wrong, it has one spectacular bit of storytelling where your choices really do matter:
    Rannoch

I hope Andromeda has more moments like that.

I feel like Bioware is pretty good about learning from their mistakes and trying new things. I bet whatever Andromeda screws up, it will at the very least be something new.

rRwz9.gif
  • ChelleYeahChelleYeah Mrs. Ludious Living it up in Cinderella's CastleRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

They legally have to accommodate you. Make them pull out a chair and take it around with you.

i know but mazzy

social anxiety and being judged

I post Makeup stuff and Schnauzers on instagram.

Ludious wrote: »
    I react like a dyslexic crash test dummy. Hit the wall then the brakes.
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    there was a very pretty lady a few ahead of me in line this morning who had that perfect "i don't care about you" look on her face that i think @Eddy would have appreciated

• CasualCasual Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle Flap Flap Flap Registered User regular
    i don't know why i'm invested in this

what could a trump victory possibly do to make my situation worse?

the UK is fucking itself up quite nicely on its own thank you very much

Chanus wrote: »

this sounds like a trap

the girl is the lure at the end of a tentacled maw, like an angler crab

rRwz9.gif
  • KanaKana Registered User regular

Tell her your name is chad, and ask if she wants to hang out

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »

oh ho ho

ye who lacks imagination

• Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    election usa results got me a google map thing!

Hooray for me

• BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »

Spoken like someone who can't envisage a "special relationship" between Trump and May.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Unfriended a person on facebook for continuing to share doctored images and fake quotes and shitty political forwards. Just a literal Andy Borowitz quote with every instance of "Trump" replaced with "Hillary" to totally fuck with the message. Just awful.

i think the worst part about this is someone was dumb enough to think anyone cares what andy borowitz says

This discussion has been closed.