As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny] Age of Triumph: Everything Old is New Again! The Vault of Glass Beckons!

• cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I like the Warlock KF set.

• Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    The helmet is a bit of a marmite thing for sure, but the rest of the set is really nice. Even hunters don't come off that badly really provided the hood of that cloak comes down.

Dyvim Tvar on
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Finally good, affordable Destiny figs and the hunter is uggo as hell. If I can take the cloak off that would be something, maybe.

I have a PDX45 I haven't messed with much but it's a good roll, gonna have to test it sometime

• KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Upcoming Regen changes from Cozmo...

Upcoming Health Regen Perk Corrections

There were some unintended changes applied to Health Regen Perks due to a change to Hungering Blade. You can read the full Patch Notes here and the further Explanation of what happened here. In the last 3 days since the Hotfix we have been listening to the feedback from the community and been working on some corrections . Our current plan is to roll back most of the unintended changes like Ward of Dawn cast, and Embrace the void. You can read the full list of rollbacks below. The other affected Perks are getting different changes that the Sandbox design team believes will be more beneficial to the game rather than simply rolling back to the old settings. Here is Sandbox Designer Josh Hamrick with an explanation of the changes.

Josh Hamrick: When we talked about Regen earlier in the week I ambiguously talked about what and when we would be making changes because I wasn’t entirely sure. The majority of the change wasn’t intentional, but when I looked at the problem from afar, I could see how it may be beneficial in some ways after hearing feedback from the community following the Sandbox preview stream. For example, some of you had concerns that Hungering Blade was changing while other similar perks, such as Cauterize, were not. This unintended change was going to give us the ability to see what that would look like to make both of those changes. I wanted to make it clear that it was possible that we could find something that we wanted to keep. I didn’t want to say that we’d put it all back, when we might not.

Having an enemies ability or attack be able to completely erase any progress you've made and completely reset an encounter feels bad. Also, when 1 hit kill weapons are less dominant those abilities and attacks become more dominant, as they are much harder to stop. This change allows those abilities and attacks to still recover large portions of health and buy themselves more time without completely resetting the encounter and negating all cumulative damage that had come before.

We have watched and listened all week and this is the current plan moving forward. I’m going to give numbers so that you have all the info, but THESE NUMBERS MAY CHANGE:

For each of the elements below we are going to keep the change, but buff the amount of health you get back (+58%)
    - Hungering Blade
    - Red Death
    - Lifesteal
    - Transfusion (we are also removing the cooldown)
    - Cauterize (we are also removing the cooldown)

For all the rest, we will be reverting the change entirely
    - Suros Regime
    - No Backup Plans
    - Ward of Dawn cast
    - Apotheosis Veil
    - Embrace the Void

We do not have a date that these changes will take place but are currently working on them and conducting tests. It is early in the process, so all of this is subject to change. But as of now, this is the plan. We will give you more details about when you can expect to see these changes in the game as soon as we can.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    ALL CAPS FOR EMPHASIS
    PLZ STOP SENDING DEATH THREATS VIA DM

• Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    "NUMBERS MAY CHANGE" read as "WE MIGHT FUCK SOMETHING ELSE UP AND NEED TO COVER OUR ASSES LATER".

Seriously though I think this could all end up working out pretty well.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
    Honestly very happy with those changes, before I was very worried about how they'd react but good on them

• ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Honestly very happy with those changes, before I was very worried about how they'd react but good on them

I'm pleasantly surprised by both how quickly they declared to the community that they're going to change it back, and that they're doing it in a more targeted manner. I think I'm okay with the way they're implementing those changes.

Anyways, I'm hopping online to play now, feel free to join me.

ElementWrath on
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Isnt this still a nerf in the end to all those other things than Hungering Blade that wasnt even meant to be nerfed?

58% HP back =/= Full HP regen.

Sirialis on
    edited February 2017
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Isnt this still a nerf in the end to all those other things than Hungering Blade that wasnt even meant to be nerfed?

58% HP back =/= Full HP regen.

But it's instant and the cooldown is removed for Cauterize, Lifesteal, and Transfusion. I think it's a fair trade off. This game is all about time in PvP, who can kill the opponent faster? If you recover health instantly regardless of damage you can survive even under sustained fire when you proc healing perks, but it doesn't initiate regen so it doesn't reset the encounter. I think it's a great trade off.

ElementWrath on
    edited February 2017
    If the internal cooldown for Lifesteal is shorter than the time it takes tier 5 melee (most people will probably have a Voidwalker at 1-2 Melee?) to regen a charge, it wont matter though.

Granted, I'm not sure what the internal cooldown time is.

Sirialis on
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I read that as +58% of the current amount that you get back, not 58% of your total health. Am I crazy?

edited February 2017
    Peen wrote: »
    I read that as +58% of the current amount that you get back, not 58% of your total health. Am I crazy?

Guess I read it wrong, then it still sounds like a huge nerf compared to full regen, that would land it around a 10-20% hp back (assuming I'm right about the current being 5-10%), no cooldown doesnt seem to matter that much when you need a melee charge for it to work.

I sure as fuck dont see the gain here - Bungie fucked up and now they are cherrypicking what abilities gets to have the nerfs reverted... Nerfs they didnt even mean to do in the first place? Fuck that.

They'll probably fuck it up again anyway.

Sirialis on
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Yeah, no thanks. They should revert all the changes.

EDIT: I really with the live team wasn't so compelled to make tons of arbitrary little changes, and sweeping changes like with special ammo, so late in Destiny's life.

Arteen on
    I take it nobody's coming online to join me, then?

• skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2017
    Currently those effects give back about 50 HP. It sounds like they're buffing it to 100ish HP and removing the 5s cooldown from things like cauterize.

skyknyt on
    Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
  • DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular
    Cauterize's cooldown matters because there are situations where you can punch your way through herds of small mobs, instantly regaining your fisting power (and now, your HP). Which is great for me, I love punching people.

steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »
    Yeah, no thanks. They should revert all the changes.

EDIT: I really with the live team wasn't so compelled to make tons of arbitrary little changes, and sweeping changes like with special ammo, so late in Destiny's life.

I'm okay with them using Destiny 1 as a test lab if the data makes launch Destiny 2 amazing.

I have a feeling D2 will be wildly different in terms of classes, balance, weapons and abilities

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I have a feeling D2 will be wildly different in terms of classes, balance, weapons and abilities

Sure, but the data about player behavior to different types of perks is useful regardless I imagine.

I agree (I hit the button) but I think part of the restart in development was to re-do a lot of stuff that kinda broke Destiny's sandbox overtime.

I take it nobody's coming online to join me, then?

I'll be on around 11!

• Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    edited February 2017

It shows that the Live team is trying. Crucible and Trials is a picky critter to balance. D2 is looming on us this year but they are still tweeking and fixing the meta of the 1st game. How many companies do that these days?

And well, I'm new to Destiny and just did my first Trials/Vault this weekend. And man, it was an experience. The game changes slowly, but it does change over time and I appreciate that.

Mostlyjoe13 on
    PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • BookerBooker Registered User regular
    Those changes will make a Falcon Strike into a group... interesting.

Palindrome with Spray and Play, Smallbore (slower reload and reduced magazine size) and Luck in the Chamber.

Decent PvP roll?

Sounds pretty terrible to me. LitC is only good when it procs.

edited February 2017
    I dont really use Handcannons much but thought the combination of reduced ammo size and LitC was supposed to be good.

"No Land Beyond is a joke weapon", "Sidearms are useless"

Everything else gets nerfed and this happens, which anyone could have guessed to be honest.

zp170uiouylz.png

I wonder how long it will be for them to get nerfed, not because they are too strong, but because everything else is weak and these guns will be gaining a lot more popularity soon.

EDIT: Sidearm usage up by 50%+, shotguns down by 45%+ for a paltry 3%+ shotgun usage, hahaha, they have no idea what they are doing.

Reddit even has this thread already. https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/5uxjfz/calls_to_nerf_no_land_beyond_are_the_exact_reason/

Sirialis on
    Oof, only ~10% of people going flawless is rough as hell. Not to mention a lot of those were likely carries so two guys who've been flawless already got paid to bring one guy along, and thus denying more than a handful of actual 3 man teams a Lighthouse vacay

Fuck carries, both the people who do it and the people who pay for them.

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Pulling zee stats after a week of a change doesn't really say much. It's a single point of data after an emotionally traumatizing event for some.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    Figures now is when I get the full auto/rifled barrel/rangefinder Matador. Still keeping it though.

This chaperone quest is exactly as much nonsense as everyone said. I'm going to try to cheese it with mayhem clash, play defensively and try to go on sprees, but geez.

Tried just playing with the last word last night and it's weird. Oldest news to you OG guys but figuring out how to accurately hip fire and where the effective range on this thing stops is very strange.

• VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Peen wrote: »
    Figures now is when I get the full auto/rifled barrel/rangefinder Matador. Still keeping it though.

This chaperone quest is exactly as much nonsense as everyone said. I'm going to try to cheese it with mayhem clash, play defensively and try to go on sprees, but geez.

Tried just playing with the last word last night and it's weird. Oldest news to you OG guys but figuring out how to accurately hip fire and where the effective range on this thing stops is very strange.

Full Auto increases your pellet spread, reducing your OHK distance

Vagabond on
    vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
    Fuck carries, both the people who do it and the people who pay for them.

I didn't want to add this to my monster post but would you feel this way if two or three times as many people total were in trials? Is it along because those people don't deserve lighthouse trips or is it because it's making it too hard for the normal people? I honestly don't have an opinion so no judgment here either way.

edited February 2017
    I have a problem with it mostly because there is money involved.

But the people paying for carries also missed the point of the Lighthouse completely.

Sirialis on
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    I have a problem with it mostly because there is money involved.

Aye, It's technically against the terms of use to exchange real world money for services like this.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    There's a really shady looking site called "The Wolves of Destiny" or something that offers paid services for everything. I stumbled upon it as a paid ad on my phone when I searched something Destiny related the other day.

When I say everything I mean everything. You can pay for them to join you in Patrol or complete story missions and raids. Or you know, the standard Lighthouse trip.

Some people...

Ever since I followed the Destiny IG account I get tons of accounts following me that are pay2win and advertise carries

Ever since I followed the Destiny IG account I get tons of accounts following me that are pay2win and advertise carries

Gross. I really dislike that culture that surrounds Trials of Osiris. Paid carries are missing the point of the game mode.

Just like 50s in Halo 3 where people used to buy them. What satisfaction can someone possibly get from being ez-mode carried to the Lighthouse?

edited February 2017
    I recall Booker saying he was trying to get a Crow's Eye quite a while ago, then I got the exact same rolls he talked about on a Crow's Eye about 30 minutes later.

TVbD0sxl.jpg

Any good now? ... Possibly better than the Wormwood?

EDIT: Updated the image with a fully upgraded one.

Sirialis on
    Dang I like that look

This discussion has been closed.