As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] Age of Triumph: Everything Old is New Again! The Vault of Glass Beckons!

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Peen wrote: »
    I prefer a machine gun, I've got a few filthy silvered dreads and machine gun sprees are da best.

For normal PvP a machinegun is pretty nice, I've taken a liking to Nemesis Star in particular if I have an exotic slot open, I routinely counterkill other MG users with it.

But for Trials? Truth is (was, R.I.P) a good all round weapon.

Just seems weird to nerf Truth now that we only have one Heavy box spawn in Trials.

Now that my Grasp of Malok has been effectively neutered because of those fucking Clever Dragons from IB being sold with a near godroll - I'll probably pick up my Blind Perdition instead... Just sucks I never got an Adept version of it, only got the Handcannon and the Autorifle, I wanted the Pulse Rifle and the Scout Rifle of course.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    So, Vacuum is a perk of rather limited utility, yeah? It seems kinda bad but I've never used it and I've never seen anyone talk about it so I figured I'd check before writing it off.

• Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Vagabond wrote: »
    Weaver wrote: »
    I'm traditionally a PC gamer and only finally got an xbone a few weeks ago, so I don't have a big friends roster to draw from so I haven't actually done a Destiny raid yet. Just last night finished Taken King, working on a bunch of bounties and missions, trying to get faction ranking up before kicking off rise of iron. With a SIVA strike or elders trial thrown in here and there.

Awesome! There's plenty of us who would be glad to run you through raids, even the older ones which are still enjoyable

Did someone say Vault of Glass?

awsimo on
  • Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    Radiation wrote: »
    rndmhero wrote: »
    Is Iron Banner up soon? Squall99x metaghost do you want to get the band back together?

Radiation Can... can I come? Even as, like, a groupie?

I mean, sure? By band back together I mean, I'm that nerdy like...tech guy that thinks the band can't function without him, but in reality like the whole thing really doesn't even need him around or is easily replaced.
    I guess Iron Banner reunion tour next Iron Banner then?

OR whenever you gentlemen want to "get down".

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Machine guns for PVP you say? I have been using this for a while and It is a beast for wiping out groups of people.

3b6o1z73ulpj.jpg

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    The Raging PlatypusThe Raging Platypus Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    Do platypi even have eyebrows?

*pulls out a magic marker and attempts to draw eyebrows as soft tears drip down his beak*

Quid wrote: »
    YOU'RE A GOD DAMN PLATYPUS.
    PSN Name: MusingPlatypus
  • Options
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    Machine guns for PVP you say? I have been using this for a while and It is a beast for wiping out groups of people.

3b6o1z73ulpj.jpg

Holy crap, a 100 stability 88 rof machine gun WITH take a knee? Does it basically morph into a laser-powered rail gun whenever you're crouching?

• Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    awsimo wrote: »
    Weaver wrote: »
    I'm traditionally a PC gamer and only finally got an xbone a few weeks ago, so I don't have a big friends roster to draw from so I haven't actually done a Destiny raid yet. Just last night finished Taken King, working on a bunch of bounties and missions, trying to get faction ranking up before kicking off rise of iron. With a SIVA strike or elders trial thrown in here and there.

Awesome! There's plenty of us who would be glad to run you through raids, even the older ones which are still enjoyable

Did someone say Vault of Glass?

That's what you always say. Also, two-manning the Templar with @Erevar was fun so...

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    So, Vacuum is a perk of rather limited utility, yeah? It seems kinda bad but I've never used it and I've never seen anyone talk about it so I figured I'd check before writing it off.

I've seen plenty of gun avatars in my time but a Harrowed Midha's Reckoning is a first.

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options

I've seen plenty of gun avatars in my time but a Harrowed Midha's Reckoning is a first.
    Four bolt kill, guaranteed to have braced frame, good range, and the best recoil direction of any legendary fusion rifle.

• Options

3b6o1z73ulpj.jpg

Holy crap, a 100 stability 88 rof machine gun WITH take a knee? Does it basically morph into a laser-powered rail gun whenever you're crouching?

Absolutely. And Take a Knee activates on a slide.

• Options

Four bolt kill, guaranteed to have braced frame, good range, and the best recoil direction of any legendary fusion rifle.

Even with Braced Frame the stability is low. Compare with Saladin's Vigil with Braced Frame:

(Stat: Midha's / Vigil)
    Range: 43 / 44
    Stability: 47 / 98
    Reload: 45 / 61
    AA: 39 / 65
    Equip Speed: 49 / 39
    Recoil Direction: 100 / 93

I suppose it's alright if you haven't been #blessed with a Braced Frame Vigil but when I played around with it I was having serious issue getting all 4 bolts to connect.

vq2TEKC.png
  • Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    So, is anyone interested in a PS4 Wrath HM run this Sunday morning? I've never beaten it and my journal raid team seems to be falling apart. I can probably get 2 or three people in addition to myself if others are interested.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options

Even with Braced Frame the stability is low. Compare with Saladin's Vigil with Braced Frame:

I suppose it's alright if you haven't been #blessed with a Braced Frame Vigil but when I played around with it I was having serious issue getting all 4 bolts to connect.
    Well, you just gotta make use of that higher recoil direction.

• Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    I converted to the Church of Sleeper Simulant in the raid. Sunday was a good day.

Also, unlike some people, I didn't shoot anyone in the back of the head killing myself with the ricochet.

• Options

You're both right! Midha's Reckoning was one of those low key great FR's that required some real skill to utilize properly. Besides the perfect recoil stat, it was one of the very few FR's that came with barrel mods, which basically allowed to hit as nearly as hard as the Hitchhiker FR4 while still retaining the faster charge rate of a Vacancy. The main drawback, as you pointed out, was that the stability was total butts, but that was less of an issue if you had good thumbskill for manually controlling the recoil - since the recoil direction was perfectly vertical (again, due to barrel mods), all it took was some downward pressure to get a really nice tight burst.

Of course, Rise of Iron gave us the Vigil, which does takes all of Midha's advantages (barrel mods, charge rate, impact, recoil stat) and juiced it up with better AA and stability, making it far more friendly for novice FR users. Moreover, the Vigil could roll Rifled Barrel, giving it top notch range which jived with voopers less reliant on stability for overall consistency. The difference in recoil stat is pretty negligible, since anything about 85 will give you a vertical recoil pattern.

That said, the Midha's is still a very nice FR, and the Cocoon perk is fairly useful in today's new special ammo economy.

/endfusionwordvomit

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Speaking of, I had a just lovely time with my Saladin's Vigil last night. Pantheon can be a great vooping map, it turns out. Plus people just don't pay attention to their flanks in Rift the way they should, you can just farm and farm.

If your team is bad and playing the spark is an exercise in futility, that is, I wouldn't farm just to do it.

• Options
    BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    squall99x wrote: »
    Is Iron Banner up soon? Squall99x metaghost do you want to get the band back together?

I mean, sure? By band back together I mean, I'm that nerdy like...tech guy that thinks the band can't function without him, but in reality like the whole thing really doesn't even need him around or is easily replaced.

I miss you guys. I just can't convince myself to log on though. Keep lurking the thread hoping for some good news and it only seems to be "we made this thing worse". I'll try to come back for the next IB. Should probably work on getting the book fully fleshed out too, huh?

Playing other games and (mostly) not buying new ones to add to the backlog has been nice though. Got through two.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Bolthorn wrote: »

I miss you guys. I just can't convince myself to log on though. Keep lurking the thread hoping for some good news and it only seems to be "we made this thing worse". I'll try to come back for the next IB. Should probably work on getting the book fully fleshed out too, huh?

Playing other games and (mostly) not buying new ones to add to the backlog has been nice though. Got through two.

I think I was telling rofl or squall that, in the absence of interest in Destiny, we should team up for Mass Effect multi when that drops. Unless of course all y'all goobers pick it up on PC. (I'm assuming there's significant overlap between the Destiny and ME audience.)

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

I think I was telling rofl or squall that, in the absence of interest in Destiny, we should team up for Mass Effect multi when that drops. Unless of course all y'all goobers pick it up on PC. (I'm assuming there's significant overlap between the Destiny and ME audience.)

Yea, I spent over a week of actual playtime in ME3 multi. Assuming they don't massively screw it up I'll be around there.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    jefe414 wrote: »
    I converted to the Church of Sleeper Simulant in the raid. Sunday was a good day.

Also, unlike some people, I didn't shoot anyone in the back of the head killing myself with the ricochet.

...blast yourself in the face with a high-energy weapon's ricochet and people judge you for the rest of your life!

:rotate:

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    Use the wrong super once and you're a member of the Gorgon Defense League for life :P

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Yeah, and gently nudge a floofing warlock only 186 times and you get booted from the party

so unfair

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    NATBurn could use a fill-in for tonight's HM WotM run starting at 7:30 Pacific

PM me if interested.

• Options
    So I am coming off a Destiny Hiatus. Looking at my gear on my Titan its all 390+ except for my Artifact which is still 385 and its really dragging my gear score down. Is there anywhere to grab an artifact that I can infuse to boost my score up right?

• Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular

This will absolutely be a thing. I think I spent more time on the ME3 multiplayer than I did beating the game itself with little issue.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    So I am coming off a Destiny Hiatus. Looking at my gear on my Titan its all 390+ except for my Artifact which is still 385 and its really dragging my gear score down. Is there anywhere to grab an artifact that I can infuse to boost my score up right?

Archon's Forge will hand them out after finishing events occasionally.

You also have a decent chance of getting high level artifacts from using a Skeleton Key on Strike Chests, remember that these artifacts are of blue rarity, so look at the light level before you dismantle them.

Sirialis on
  • Options

Archon's Forge, Strike Hoard Chests

vq2TEKC.png
  • Options
    All of the Shiro bounties this week are Forge bounties so it's probably a good time to play, especially early in the week. People might actually be in there.

• Options
    edited February 2017

You're both right! Midha's Reckoning was one of those low key great FR's that required some real skill to utilize properly. Besides the perfect recoil stat, it was one of the very few FR's that came with barrel mods, which basically allowed to hit as nearly as hard as the Hitchhiker FR4 while still retaining the faster charge rate of a Vacancy. The main drawback, as you pointed out, was that the stability was total butts, but that was less of an issue if you had good thumbskill for manually controlling the recoil - since the recoil direction was perfectly vertical (again, due to barrel mods), all it took was some downward pressure to get a really nice tight burst.

Of course, Rise of Iron gave us the Vigil, which does takes all of Midha's advantages (barrel mods, charge rate, impact, recoil stat) and juiced it up with better AA and stability, making it far more friendly for novice FR users. Moreover, the Vigil could roll Rifled Barrel, giving it top notch range which jived with voopers less reliant on stability for overall consistency. The difference in recoil stat is pretty negligible, since anything about 85 will give you a vertical recoil pattern.

That said, the Midha's is still a very nice FR, and the Cocoon perk is fairly useful in today's new special ammo economy.

/endfusionwordvomit
    That's true, but if you take the MIDA, the Midha, and the IF Materia you can get a bit of weak alliteration among your weapons, which carries numerous tactical benefits.

cB557 on
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Think I prefer my Ironwreath-D over my Crow's Eye, just been messing around with it in Strikes for now, actual PvP experience with them might differ a bit.

Ironwreath just feels... Snappier? Also more ammo.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    I'm super bummed that I can't get the old tacticool iron banner guns.

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    As a preeminent authority on both tactical swag and alliteration I'm afraid I have to inform you that no form of alliteration provides any kind of tactical benefit.
    You can't keep Skittles in your wordplay fam.
    Peen wrote: »
    I'm super bummed that I can't get the old tacticool iron banner guns.

Destiny 2 needs item trading. It makes me sad to think that somebody out there doesn't have an Ironwreath when I've got like five of them. I don't even need that many Skittles stashes, I should be able to spread the wealth.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    The old Iron Banner weapons were awesome as shit.

The new ones are like the aftermath of a meth addiction and a roll through a scrapyard and thrift store.

ElementWrath on
  • Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    Yay, finally opened up the Plaguelands for patrol. Now, is it me, or do public events happen all the damn time there? In the hour or so I was screrwing around there I participated in three Walker kills, some Servitor fight with axes, and a Satellite dropped that I ignored because I was in the middle of a secret patrol mission. There have been times where it's been a half an out before that stupid Walker drops in the Cosmodrome.

• Options
    Krieghund wrote: »
    Yay, finally opened up the Plaguelands for patrol. Now, is it me, or do public events happen all the damn time there? In the hour or so I was screrwing around there I participated in three Walker kills, some Servitor fight with axes, and a Satellite dropped that I ignored because I was in the middle of a secret patrol mission. There have been times where it's been a half an out before that stupid Walker drops in the Cosmodrome.
    Looking at http://destinypublicevents.com/ it doesn't seem like they happen more often there.

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Krieghund wrote: »

The servitor ax fights are from quarantine patrol beacons that any player in the instance hits, so they're not really Public Events

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular

Marry me.

PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • Options
    After a buuunch of false starts I had three really good control matches and got my chaperone quest up to 41%. I will get this thing by the end of the week if it kills me.

• Options
    Am I pretty now?

NsM4450h.png

vq2TEKC.png
This discussion has been closed.