As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. [MOVIES]

• FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Fawst wrote: »
    Javen wrote: »
    I love Tracy Morgan in 30 Rock. I'm not sure I like him in anything else though.

I want to see the fake movies that his character in 30 Rock was in, more than the movies he's actually been in.

Honkey Grandma Be Trippin' is a guaranteed box office phenomenon.

I'm all about Who Dat Ninja? personally. Probably the only thing that ever made me laugh to come out of 30 Rock.

What?

To be fair, it didn't interest me at all. I was way into Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, and when it got cancelled and 30 Rock got renewed, I was irrationally annoyed. And that's not true about being the only thing, but it's the first thing I think of when I go for "things about 30 Rock that I have ever enjoyed." The only other one I can think of is Alec Baldwin ripping into Chloe Moretz with "the ocean's awesome, and for winners, YOU'RE for tools!"

what on earth are you talking about

He was asking about "the dog thing"

You do realize I quoted him about Tracy Morgan fake movie posters in 30 Rock in that post that he replied to? I assumed that's what he was saying "What?" to. Seems like the logical conclusion to me.
    also Studio 60 was terrible

You're terrible! (Am I doing that right?)

Fawst on
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I have a problem with that high school fight movie because as a high school teacher it seems like it is saying that it is totes okay to have fights at school.

That is a super not okay thing to be telling students and those are incredibly bad role models. Like everyone there should be fired up to an including those 911 operators.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    Didn't manage to crack a smirk during that Baywatch trailer

• existexist Registered User regular
    I have a problem with that high school fight movie because as a high school teacher it seems like it is saying that it is totes okay to have fights at school.

That is a super not okay thing to be telling students and those are incredibly bad role models. Like everyone there should be fired up to an including those 911 operators.

it's a movie brah

UmPiq.png
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I love Tracy Morgan in 30 Rock. I'm not sure I like him in anything else though.

I want to see the fake movies that his character in 30 Rock was in, more than the movies he's actually been in.

I'm all about Who Dat Ninja? personally. Probably the only thing that ever made me laugh to come out of 30 Rock.

What?

To be fair, it didn't interest me at all. I was way into Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, and when it got cancelled and 30 Rock got renewed, I was irrationally annoyed. And that's not true about being the only thing, but it's the first thing I think of when I go for "things about 30 Rock that I have ever enjoyed." The only other one I can think of is Alec Baldwin ripping into Chloe Moretz with "the ocean's awesome, and for winners, YOU'RE for tools!"

You do realize I quoted him about Tracy Morgan fake movie posters in 30 Rock in that post that he replied to? I assumed that's what he was saying "What?" to. Seems like the logical conclusion to me.

he was asking you "what" about your chris pratt rant

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    http://www.avclub.com/review/contract-kill-isnt-just-badits-steven-seagal-bad-246948
    Here are some relevant facts about Contract To Kill: It was made in Romania; its cast is composed mostly of Romanians; it takes place in Mexico and Turkey. The Turkish and Mexican locals are played by Romanians, and it’s truly something to see a thin, pasty guy who looks like he was just let go of his cashier position at Mega Image yell, “Move it, gringo!” or “Hey, ese!” at an American sort-of star with a printer-cartridge dye job. Seagal’s character—named John Harmon, though not like that matters—is both a retired DEA agent and a retired CIA agent, and he has been brought back to fight a secret alliance of cartels and terrorists by a CIA handler who is also definitely Romanian. The script is ludicrous; this is a given. The acting is laughable. One might, as always, point out Seagal’s reliance on stunt doubles for everything that doesn’t involve sitting or walking at an unhurried pace. In a car chase scene, the driving is done by a double poorly concealed behind heavily tinted windows, with cuts to the green-screened Seagal whenever the car comes to a stop. There is an excruciatingly long early scene in which Harmon is menaced by a remote-controlled drone with a plastic assault rifle glued to the bottom.

this sounds kind of amazing

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    You cut the best line
    Overall, he gives the kind of performance traditionally associated with stars who died during filming. And yet, Seagal is in almost every scene.

6F32U1X.png
  • Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    Steven Seagal getting fat, old, and running off to Russia where people treat him like some kind of Western rock star is the weirdest damn thing to me

What?

he was asking you "what" about your chris pratt rant

I have to ask: why are you so certain that's the case? I've already explained my logic. What's yours? I'm truly curious. Are you a Raijin alt?

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    fawst you are acting kind of weird here buddy

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I wish I was a Raijin alt.

• HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    I wish I was a Raijin alt.

Nice try, Raijin. I'm onto you

PSN- AHermano
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Aren't we all just Raijin alts, if we really think about it?

edited December 2016
    fawst you are acting kind of weird here buddy

Zero hostility/snark intended here: how am I acting kind of weird? I'm just asking how Chincy knows, and will apparently brook no argument, what part of my post Raijin was replying to. My asking is the weird part of this? Anyone who agreed with your post, feel free to respond. Maybe I am being weird and I'm not seeing it. Hell, the only confrontational part of anything I wrote was the joke about being a Raijin alt.

Actually, fuck it: @Raijin Quickfoot for my own edification, were you replying about the dog thing or my opinion on 30 Rock?

Fawst on
  • DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    exist wrote: »

it's a movie brah

Nah, I'm a teacher too and I'm the same way. That one with Cameron Diaz? I hated it, couldn't finish it.

I also have a super hard time watching anything that has a little shit of a kid running wild. An episode of The Office and Always Sunny are the ones that come to mind.

And I am a huge Office and Always Sunny fan.

Deadfall on
    7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

I know I am!

Wait.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

Dear god I hope not.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    i want to know about this dog thing and chris pratt!

• GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular

Dear god I hope not.

Could be worse. So much worse.

We could all be AJ alts.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »

Dear god I hope not.

We could all be AJ alts.

Yeah, not that Raijin's a bad guy or anything--I'm just not ready to have kids.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    You know what... I'll never tell. I'm taking it to my grave

And you all WISH you were my alt.

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular

Dear god I hope not.

We're all Bizarro Stormy alts.

You know what... I'll never tell. I'm taking it to my grave

And you all WISH you were my alt.

The hero we deserve.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    i hanjo

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Mr. G wrote: »

Chris Pratt was most definitely not ready to hear this story and is working overtime to hide his abject horror on national TV

chris pratt's best performance in years, dang

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    From everything I have gathered, interviews & such, I dare say someone like Chris Pratt would severely dislike someone like Jennifer Lawrence.

Just two personalities that don't gel together.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »

Dear god I hope not.

We're all Bizarro Stormy alts.

But who's regular Stormy?

[IMG][/img]
  • pookapooka Registered User regular
    i'll let it drop after this, because this many words makes it seem like i am really in to an argument about an actor, when i am really talking about empathy. (i am super in to empathy.) forgive me; i woke up this morning thinking on philosophy and pragmatism.
    (i get real up my own ass in this spoiler, but whatever, it's where my thought process started...)
    in my more sentimental times, i am a bit of an animist, and i offer smoke and prayer. but i am an Oklahoma Choctaw and a military brat, so my sacred spaces are largely self-identified by necessity. i am not tied to a particular site with and of my tribe, so i cannot fully relate to the strength of a continuous, ancient bond. i think partly because of that unrootedness, i recognize that i don't need others to understand that connection or that space, merely learn to give way.

Indian history within the US is, in the main, a series of broken treaties, with peaceful and violent defense of people, ancestral lands, and traditions. we keep trying, because what else can you do? part of that is literally choosing your battles. and allowing others to save face.

i think it's why Taoism, and the serenity prayer, make sense to me. no person is ever complete, or without possibility; mistakes of the past are no guarantee of future mistakes (or improvement.) i have been... SUCH a jackass, and probably will be multiple times over again, and that awareness means there are relatively few things i find unforgivable, because i learned through failing. everyone has different limits. but everyone fucks up. it is part of being alive.

a sincere apology and owning a mistake are appropriate. amending things as you can. having someone grovel or act overwrought if the error is ever discussed again rings false to me. think on: acceptance, forgiveness, justice, fairness, equality, reformation, punishment.

but we treat celebrities as heroes and role models when, by and large in the US, they are entertainers. so their very human mistakes and learning opportunities are crystallized as choices that represent them eternally... because that is entertaining. any subtlety and private realization is likely to be overshadowed in favor of the next attention-grabbing headline because that is the (apparently profitable) business model. it markets people as Ideals or symbols to praise or vilify.

it encourages snap judgments from limited information, and as i said, i am not sure how much people are compartmentalizing those mental processes. especially younger people who have only known 24/7 news and omnipresent social media. mistakes occurring is a necessary part of learning from them; what does it do to a person when every mistake is immortalized, and every experience has to be catalogued?

...whoof, think it's out of my system. thanks!

lfchwLd.jpg
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    From everything I have gathered, interviews & such, I dare say someone like Chris Pratt would severely dislike someone like Jennifer Lawrence.

Just two personalities that don't gel together.

Yeah its weird in that while she's talking he's not really saying anything. He's like giving the face I make when I'm stuck next to my mother in law.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • pookapooka Registered User regular
    TL;DR

English Culture theory majors

lfchwLd.jpg
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Most of the time when I hear Jennifer Lawerence in interviews I'm reminded of the Amy Schumer bit about celebrity interviews.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

Dear god I hope not.

We could all be AJ alts.

what a horrible fate

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    edited December 2016

so that's why i wanna die so badly

edit:

Dear god I hope not.

We could all be AJ alts.

GODDAMNIT

Rorshach Kringle on
    6vjsgrerts6r.png

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular

so that's why i wanna die so badly

Psh, like being a raijin alt is the only reason I want to die

look i'm not talking about why you want to die

why you gotta always make everything about you, mori

6vjsgrerts6r.png

I'm a cis white male, of course everything is about me

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I'm a cis white male, of course everything is about me

I thought you were an octopus

Nope, just a perfectly normal human father.

kill whiteopus

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Why are we talking about octopi with the normal human father?

pHWHd2G.jpg
This discussion has been closed.