As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NFL] thread: Say Goodbye to Oakland. Say Goodbye to a fanbase. Say Goodbye to the thread.

Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho HoDisconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
edited January 2017 in Debate and/or Discourse
We talk about the No Fun League here. (Fifteen-yard penalty for celebration!)

Fitzpatrick.jpg

I thought about posting the Cleveland QB Hyrdra. Now you can think about it, too!

Santa Claustrophobia on

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Weak 10 Broadcast Maps

Dallas gets 'lucky' and is not saddled with the Houston game on CBS. Dallas gets fucked and is saddled with Phil Simms.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Do I start drew Bree's against Denver or Rivers against Miami?

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    this is kind of nice

i already got the Browns lost out of my system. . .just a relaxing sunday.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    Ugh Atl why is your o-line cut blocking LBers? They are half your weigh just block them like normal.

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Nice interception for the Texans, making Bortles give up on trying to stop Jackson from running it in.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Has GB just given up this season?

• Options
    no idea what game to watch or who to root for. i need to pick a post season team. . .hm.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Heading to Foxboro shortly to see SEA @ NE including the return of (mute it)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcSMUokb6mQ

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Has GB just given up this season?

Probably the players just want a new coach.

• Options
    no idea what game to watch or who to root for. i need to pick a post season team. . .hm.

Dallas is right there waiting for you so they can fuck up in the first round.

• Options
    edited November 2016

oh yeah i'm actually pretty excited about their game against the Steelers. Maybe i'll be rooting for The Boys this season.

is that what you're supposed to call them?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options

oh yeah i'm actually pretty excited about their game against the Steelers. Maybe i'll be rooting for The Boys this season.

God, I hope not.

But the correct syntax would be The 'Boys with a substituting apostrophe.
    What you're really supposed to call them is America's Team.
    Not really.
    But really.
    Only to annoy people who still give a shit over a nickname given to them by NFL Films that has a reasonable origin and by that origin could still be accurate today.
    Even though it's a really, really, really dumb thing people hang their hat on.

• Options
    Is this Atlanta/Philadelphia game as bad as the score suggests?

• Options

God, I hope not.

But the correct syntax would be The 'Boys with a substituting apostrophe.
    What you're really supposed to call them is America's Team.
    Not really.
    But really.
    Only to annoy people who still give a shit over a nickname given to them by NFL Films that has a reasonable origin and by that origin could still be accurate today.
    Even though it's a really, really, really dumb thing people hang their hat on.

The 'Boys of America.

Got it!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Is this Atlanta/Philadelphia game as bad as the score suggests?

Yes, yes it is.

• Options
    edited November 2016

I feel like for a backup team you go with one outside of conference who is routinely in the playoffs but not obnoxious that way you don't have them crushing the browns twice a year.

For you, I would go with the packers or the Seahawks.

Maybe not the packers this year.

zepherin on
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »

I feel like for a backup team you go with one outside of conference who is routinely in the playoffs but not obnoxious that way you don't have them crushing the browns twice a year.

Seahawks and packers on the not obnoxious list? Why not just say the patriots

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    (I don't care about conferences, we only beat the browns once every 4 years)

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    zepherin wrote: »

Seahawks and packers on the not obnoxious list? Why not just say the patriots
    Lesser levels of obnoxious. I mean pats steelers phili ravens and cowboys. Are all the most obnoxious teams on the list. Who else do you got. Vikings? Maybe Arizona. And both of those teams have consistency issues.

zepherin on
  • Options
    PantsB wrote: »

Since he was so good last season Patriots Law dictates that he gets used as little as humanly possible.

• Options
    Drew Brees is good, yo.

• Options
    And Denver just hopped the line to return it for two.

There's something fundamentally wrong with that play.

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Lions are leading the division!

• Options
    LeTwigLeTwig Registered User regular
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    Lions are leading the division!

Queue GB comeback...

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Denver New Orleans game was crazy.

Let's look at the rest of servers schedule, maybe it's going to be an easy run to the playoffs.

Jacksonville :)
    Tennessee:|
    Patriots KC twice and the raiders
    :(

zepherin on
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    KC v. Carolina game was also crazy.

We outscored Carolina 20-0 from the 0:10 mark remaining in the 2nd quarter, including making them stall a 20 play drive without even a FG attempt (Cam was sacked on back to back plays to loose almost 20 yards), Eric Berry had a 42 yard pick-six, and a hobbled Marcus Peters ripped the ball out of Kelvin Benjamin's hands with like 20 seconds left to get us the ball in FG range and the Panthers were out of time outs.

Last 5 minutes of the game were amazingly stressful but also awesome.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    PantsB wrote: »

How dare you mute fetty

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    Ugh fucking fantasy hero Marcus Mariota, why are you sitting on my bench

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    So in continuing apocalypse news, the Lions are in first place.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    Ugh fucking fantasy hero Marcus Mariota, why are you sitting on my bench

Don't worry. You still got this

• Options
    Will Mia learn to cover Gates before the game ends, stay tuned to fine out.

• Options
    Roughing the Passer outside the pocket. Why not?

• Options
    Oh Mia why do you never change.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Some cameraman at the SF/AZ game loves some cheerleader booty.

• Options
    Woooow what incredible hall of fame worthy play
    Amazing comeback
    Championship road here we go
    #sp00ns

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    KC v. Carolina game was also crazy.

We outscored Carolina 20-0 from the 0:10 mark remaining in the 2nd quarter, including making them stall a 20 play drive without even a FG attempt (Cam was sacked on back to back plays to loose almost 20 yards), Eric Berry had a 42 yard pick-six, and a hobbled Marcus Peters ripped the ball out of Kelvin Benjamin's hands with like 20 seconds left to get us the ball in FG range and the Panthers were out of time outs.

Last 5 minutes of the game were amazingly stressful but also awesome.

Marcus Peters doesn't care if the ball's in the air or cradled against your bosom: he's stealing that shit.

Forget Kansas City Thief, Peters is KC Lupin III.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Fake spike for a touchdown. Wow.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    lol @Elki and @Senjutsu coming down to a Sunday night battle of Tight Ends and Kickers

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options