As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] Mean Streets of Gadgetzan arrives Dec 1st!

• Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    Oh you discarded 2 golems with it. Neato

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    bwanie wrote: »
    Coinage What am i missing?

Thats seven dmg on his 21 life, i guess since he dropped a wasted edwin means he doesnt have much spells but other thant that?

He pulled both Silverware Golems with it.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    Yeah i managed to save myself see post above.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    @Coinage What am i missing?

Thats seven dmg on his 21 life, i guess since he dropped a wasted edwin means he doesnt have much spells but other thant that?

5 mana 5/7
    Charge. Summon 2 3/3s. Draw 2 cards.

It's a nice play.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    @Coinage What am i missing?

5 mana 5/7
    Charge. Summon 2 3/3s. Draw 2 cards.

It's a nice play.

Better if you had two Fist of Jaraxxuses, and they both went face for exact lethal.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    hippofant wrote: »
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    *PM me, Roz, to get added to the list*

Dover, are you okay? How are you feeling?

You've never seen dover and me in the same place

• Options
    The OP has been de-Roz'd.

Like the old Gods my taint is everywhere

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    Grobian wrote: »
    Lucedes wrote: »
    only 20 wins away from gold Mage!
    i only wish it was good on either ladder :D

All three of tempo, freeze and Reno are perfectly fine in standard imo. Freeze is viable in Wild and tempo is one of the top decks.

Yeah, I've suddenly been having success with tempo mage in standard.
    It burns through everything until you reach the shamanosphere.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzzMTBKs5Ck
    Watching this was awesome yet so stressful.

Coinage on
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016

All three of tempo, freeze and Reno are perfectly fine in standard imo. Freeze is viable in Wild and tempo is one of the top decks.

Have you guys ever wished there was someone you could blame for the shamanosphere? Well, I was bored and looking through one of the old threads when OG cards were being spoiled...
    33OFBTc.png
    this is edited, but that line did exist in its exact form! The rest of the post was talking about Eternal Sentinel being cool.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options

Have you guys ever wished there was someone you could blame for the shamanosphere? Well, I was bored and looking through one of the old threads when OG cards were being spoiled...
    33OFBTc.png
    this is edited, but that line did exist in its exact form! The rest of the post was talking about Eternal Sentinel being cool.

Dibby, truly history's greatest monster.

• Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tdR9OptZtk

Disguised Toast reveal was Madam Goya.

6 mana 4/3. Battlecry: Choose a friendly minion. Swap it with a minion in your deck.

Edit: I wonder what the interaction is like with Brann?

Muffinatron on
    PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    That sounds like a ton of fun.

• Options
    Whoa that card is really cool!!!

Those stats are atrocious, I mean, but that's kind of a really powerful effect! Kind of like a combination of not-quite Shadowstep+Y'Shaarj.

Being able to re-use important battlecries or using it on a token to cheat out a bigger minion sounds really cool.

Looking forward to this one.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    The "Choose" doesn't really seem that choicey.

• Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    This is the first card that lets you put a card you've drawn back into your deck, right? I've been wondering if we would see one of those.

• Options

33OFBTc.png

wHAT HAVE I DONE

I'M A HORRIBLE MONSTER!!!!!!!

is this what oppenheimer felt like when he created the nuke

oh nooooooooo

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I was like infinitely not interested in Madam Goya until the moment he mentioned shadow madness.

(side note: shadow madness + moat lurker????)

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    When I read Madam Goya's text, I was like HOLY SHIT THIS IS BROKEN IN DRUID ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Then I saw it was random, and the excitement plummeted quite a bit.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Just to give context - beast/ramp druid can play a lot of minions in stealth and devote toolkit slots to Rag/Sylv/Fandral/etc. Getting to attack with the minion and the put a 4/3 and an cairn or something on the board is pretty legit. Especially if you can do it on turn 4.

Roz on
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    WHAT IF

Weapons didn't withdraw when it wasn't your turn. Enemy minions attacking your weapon would take damage and eat a charge.

WHAT IF?

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    WHAT IF

Weapons didn't withdraw when it wasn't your turn. Enemy minions attacking your weapon would take damage and eat a charge.

WHAT IF?

very early on I remember being CERTAIN that this was the case. I must have thought about it and dreamt it or something

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    No matter what cards are in Standard, Priest will always have a tool to YOINK an enemy minion into your deck

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i don't think madame goya is playable, but i think it's a great card for Fun Decks like alarm-o-bot and astral communion
    WHAT IF

WHAT IF?

yeah i like duelyst too

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Variable wrote: »
    WHAT IF

WHAT IF?

very early on I remember being CERTAIN that this was the case. I must have thought about it and dreamt it or something

Misdirections that make enemy minions hit their owner's face will take weapon damage. I do not remember if it also consumes a weapon charge.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    WHAT IF

WHAT IF?

Misdirections that make enemy minions hit their owner's face will take weapon damage. I do not remember if it also consumes a weapon charge.

It does not.

• Options
    WHAT IF

WHAT IF?

This would probably be a much healthier system overall. In general, cards should generate card advantage or tempo - but not both. Having a class of cards that does that as it's sole purpose creates problematic challenges. Not insurmountable ones, but as we've seen it's very hard to stop good weapons. Harrison/Ooze simply aren't punishing enough

• Options
    KetherialKetherial Registered User regular
    WHAT IF

WHAT IF?

wait, what?

sometimes this game makes no goddamn sense

• Options
    I'm glad Goya is random because otherwise wed be seeing turn 6 Ysera's and whatnot.

• Options
    Ketherial wrote: »
    WHAT IF

WHAT IF?

wait, what?

When it's your turn, and you have a weapon equipped, your hero is displayed as having so much attack (like warrior with fiery war axe equipped will have 3 attack). That number in the yellow bubble tells you how much damage your face does (and there's more ways to get it, such as druid's hero power and spells like heroic strike). If one of your minions is misdirected into your face, the game sees that your hero has so much attack, so the minion takes that much damage from hitting it. But you only lose weapon charges when your hero is attacking, so if a minion runs into the weapon the durability isn't effected.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Ketherial wrote: »
    WHAT IF

WHAT IF?

wait, what?

Weapons work by giving your hero +attack but only during your turn. That's what the little shuttering animation on the weapon is supposed to indicate. Heroes, like minions, can attack so long as they have >0 attack.

It's consistent but there's not enough play with the mechanic to really get you to consider the full scope of the rules.

Garthor on
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Roz wrote: »
    WHAT IF

WHAT IF?

This would probably be a much healthier system overall. In general, cards should generate card advantage or tempo - but not both. Having a class of cards that does that as it's sole purpose creates problematic challenges. Not insurmountable ones, but as we've seen it's very hard to stop good weapons. Harrison/Ooze simply aren't punishing enough

Wouldn't weapons generate even more tempo if they worked like this? Right now, they're sorta limited by the fact that you can only attack once. If they worked on defense too, you'd get more out of a weapon faster!

The trade-off would be that you wouldn't get control over what your weapon hit. So if your opponent had Argent Squires, they could eat up your charges.

In particular, Death's Bite wouldn't be nearly as huge a tactical advantage. The card was fucking hard to deal with.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I'd like to see a minion with weapon destruction when it takes damage.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Wasn't one of the Naxx adventure cards a 4/4 with deathrattle: Destroy the enemy weapon?

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Wasn't one of the Naxx adventure cards a 4/4 with deathrattle: Destroy the enemy weapon?

Skeletal_Smith%287890%29.png

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Illustrated: the moment the Nightmare Difficulty RNG finally relented and let me hit Rank 10:
    Hearthstone%20Screenshot%2011-13-16%2020.47.47_zpsnkedcueg.png

Which normally I wouldn't brag about, but surviving that game to have his Yogg whiff and let me win it was an achievement.

I guess I wouldn't properly appreciate this otherwise:
    Hearthstone%20Screenshot%2011-13-16%2020.48.06_zpsj7ouiptm.png

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Roz wrote: »
    WHAT IF

WHAT IF?

Wouldn't weapons generate even more tempo if they worked like this? Right now, they're sorta limited by the fact that you can only attack once. If they worked on defense too, you'd get more out of a weapon faster!

The trade-off would be that you wouldn't get control over what your weapon hit. So if your opponent had Argent Squires, they could eat up your charges.

In particular, Death's Bite wouldn't be nearly as huge a tactical advantage. The card was fucking hard to deal with.

I'd be ok with the attacking player getting to choose whether to attack the hero, or attack the weapon. The problem is that there is no analogue to that in WoW. So it sucks from a gameplay/lore interaction perspective.

I'd love to see minions with deathrattles that destroyed weapons, and maybe ghosts or something that couldnt be attacked by weapons.

Roz on
  • Options
    deathrattle: destroy a weapon is one of the most useless effects I can think of tbh

the whole point of weapons is that they have charge so at best you're looking at eating the second half of a normal 2 charge weapon if you have a way to suicide your minion that you already played (god forbid it still be in your hand when they play a weapon) (oh and if it's already on the field they also have the option to kill it through other means and then equip the weapon later?)

maybe you're seeing something I'm not, but I don't know how that'd be useful.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

Skeletal_Smith%287890%29.png

Was that.... was that a real card? I don't think I ever remember seeing it. Ever.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
This discussion has been closed.