As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ME Andromeda: Early Impressions Out, Divert All Power To Spoiler Tags

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Well...I am curious about what Lance does.

It sounds like it could be the new warp.

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    In the market for a new wall poster, possibly a Mass Effect one. If any of you guys know of a good site to order those, suggestions would be great.

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    I just realized...you can combine charge and tactical cloak...

My God.

But... why?

Charge thing -> Shotgun thing to death -> Cloak away so you don't die

Close but it'd be.

Charge -> Shotgun -> Cloak -> Shotgun again

Then Charge.
    Actually it's

Cloak -> Charge -> Spooky Ghost!

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I've got a prime membership on amazon, so the deluxe edition on the xbox one ended up being the regular price for the standard edition so

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular

The alternate URL for this is "totallyfuckablealiens.com"

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    I've got a prime membership on amazon, so the deluxe edition on the xbox one ended up being the regular price for the standard edition so

Yea I was just talking about how I was probably going to skip the deluxe edition then looked at my orders the other day only to see that I had already pre-ordered the deluxe edition at that price... whelp... I guess I was wrong!

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

The alternate URL for this is "totallyfuckablealiens.com"

I don't even really like CAH, but I'm tempted to buy this because A. it's $1, B. I have to know what they actually made cards about, and C. I'm a shameless consumer.

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    All Around Turian Bad Boy is my DJ name

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Preview embargo lifts in 40 minutes

Wonder what we'll see

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3q_Nd5arZM

You can swap between power loadouts in the field eeeeeeeeeee

That really kicks the knees out of my concerns about having 3 active powers on the UI

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Cora is a Vanguard

*swoon*

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Ohhh...the profile bonuses are more interesting than I thought they would be.

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erJhJEewCgM
    and now your stunt casting is rolling in

give me all of it

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I do like how either they had her wearing an n7 hoodie while she voiced her lines, or she decided to do that on her own.

And the favorites thing looks sweet. Like you can take all these powers and then use them on the fly to adjust to the situation. Which is just awesome, so many times in OG ME I'd be like "God damn it I wish I had *blank* to take these bastards down" and now with a cooldown I totally can.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    I do like how either they had her wearing an n7 hoodie while she voiced her lines, or she decided to do that on her own.

I just assumed she was cold, so they gave her one

• Options
    Ohhh...the profile bonuses are more interesting than I thought they would be.
    Preacher wrote: »

And the favorites thing looks sweet. Like you can take all these powers and then use them on the fly to adjust to the situation. Which is just awesome, so many times in OG ME I'd be like "God damn it I wish I had *blank* to take these bastards down" and now with a cooldown I totally can.

On my Infiltrator run I'm totally gonna have a sniper/shotgun setup similar to the video.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

Javy was a skeptic going in, walked away fairly optimistic

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Anyone talking about Jaal in these previews? I wanna know what he's like.

• Options
    I didn't even think about stepping outside the realm of classic sci-fi shows for their stunt casting

There's a lot of genre TV now

How many Game of Thrones people will be in this cast

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    I think I'm gonna try to keep my classes as pure as possible ability wise.

Only biotic/combat for my Vanguard

And only tech/combat for my Infiltrator.

Though I might not count passives in that as some of them seem general use.

But I might give Infiltrator charge just cause.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Weirdly enough, the most exciting thing in all of this is one line in the Natalie Dormer video where clearly you're talking to her character about some books

Give me that sci-fi minutae

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I'm not watching any new media I think but has there been any sign of the holo orb

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    QuirkyLittleTyrantQuirkyLittleTyrant A Mug Featuring Pichu On A Cloud Registered User regular
    Ahaha that Natalie Dormer video line
    "Sorry, that's the last book in the series. The author died before he could finish."

PSN ID: Khrysocome
    Steam: ZappRowsdower
  • Options
    I think I'm gonna try to keep my classes as pure as possible ability wise.

Only biotic/combat for my Vanguard

And only tech/combat for my Infiltrator.

Though I might not count passives in that as some of them seem general use.

But I might give Infiltrator charge just cause.

I imagine that there will be a lot of points to go around so if you're going a more pure build and not looking to make big swaps then you'll probably end up dabbling in passives from other realms just to spend points.

I'm also going strictly Vangod and not even looking to swap around biotics so I imagine I'm going to have to grab a lot of passives.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I didn't even think about stepping outside the realm of classic sci-fi shows for their stunt casting

There's a lot of genre TV now

How many Game of Thrones people will be in this cast

Bring back Jassiba Chabitz

Hobnail on
  • Options
    Something I noticed. When the tech/biotic class was getting shot in the video you saw the Tech Armor animation.

So its probably the Sentinel profile ability like people thought.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Ahaha that Natalie Dormer video line
    "Sorry, that's the last book in the series. The author died before he could finish."
    Natalie Dormer turns to the camera, and whispers: "Write, George RR Martin. Write like the wind."

• Options
    Something I noticed. When the tech/biotic class was getting shot in the video you saw the Tech Armor animation.

So its probably the Sentinel profile ability like people thought.

Yeah, it's when he switches to the second loadout

Which has Charge

Sentinel with Charge sounds exactly like what I want to play

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    hashtagwewantchabitz

• Options
    I feel like Rock Paper Shotgun is definitely the place most aligned with what I want out of Mass Effect, so if they're totally on board, I can be completely excited

It seems like Giant Bomb is pretty cool on it, but they're really weird about Bioware stuff

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Javy's preview is definitely heartening because that's a dude I respect and have similar tastes to

• Options
    The part that made me completely lose sync with Giant Bomb on this game is when they talked about how they thought (and wanted?) a new start to Mass Effect being the same cast in a new situation

Like, is that what ANYBODY wanted from this?

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Giantbomb are so negative and condescending all the time

It's super annoying when they just assume the worst about something that you know is not true

I simply can't watch them do videos on franchises that I know a lot about

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    I am going to miss Liara and Wrex and Samara and errybody

But I'm very excited to meet this new cast

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Wasn't that so much as that would be the logical "traditional" way to do a sequel. I thought that a ME4 would be a prequel more than anything else, maybe first contact war period or something, but Andromeda has a lot more potential to go somewhere interesting than that.

I did chuckle at Brad mentioning the new setup and detonate system with powers, clearly forgetting that you've been able to do that with Biotics since 2.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    The part that made me completely lose sync with Giant Bomb on this game is when they talked about how they thought (and wanted?) a new start to Mass Effect being the same cast in a new situation

Like, is that what ANYBODY wanted from this?

Yeah, there were some people who wanted more adventures of Shepard & Friends. But I'm glad they're moving on to a new group of people.

Dragkonias on
This discussion has been closed.