As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFBE] Happy FREE 10+1 pull! Great time to start playing! No more troll 5* units!

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    If you have more people alive than your opponent, then they will end up casting more LBs because all of the LB crystals they generate are split among fewer people, assuming their dead people aren't characters with significant LB generating abilities.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    I love Gilgamesh but he doesn't seem to be worth the low drop chance. Am I missing something?

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    His TM is Dual-Wield on a Hero's Ring.

Characters
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    My body is ready to endlessly craft 10% attack materia

• El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    He also got some upgrades in JP recently, though that's moot for us for the time being. They help lift his 5* base status and rank up a bit among the existing units a considerable deal, with his Passive becoming incredibly useful since it equalizes all of the weapon types.

Base: Weapon Collector - +40% ATK when equipped with Katana & +30% ATK when equipped with Sword & +20% ATK when equipped with Greatsword
    Rnak 1: Weapon Collector - +40% ATK when equipped with Katana & +30% ATK when equipped with Sword & +20% ATK when equipped with Greatsword & +20% ATK when equipped with Dagger & +20% ATK when equipped with Lance
    Rank 2: Weapon Collector - +50% ATK when equipped with Katana & +50% ATK when equipped with Sword & +50% ATK when equipped with Greatsword & +50% ATK when equipped with Dagger & +50% ATK when equipped with Lance
    Base: Sextuple-wield - 100% ST 3 Hit Physical Attack (x3 Damage)
    Rank 1: Sextuple-wield - 100% ST 6 Hit Physical Attack (x3 Damage)
    Rank 2: Sextuple-wield - 100% ST 12 Hit Physical Attack (x3 Damage)
    Base: Setsugekka - 180% AoE 1 Hit Physical Attack + Ignore 50% DEF
    Rank 1: Setsugekka - 180% AoE 1 Hit Physical Attack + Ignore 50% DEF (reduces MP cost)
    Rank 2: Setsugekka - 200% AoE 1 Hit Physical Attack + Ignore 65% DEF

El Fantastico on
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

How does six hit -> twelve hit but still 3x damage work?

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Magus` wrote: »
    How does six hit -> twelve hit but still 3x damage work?

He hits softer.

I'll hit you softer.

Magus` wrote: »
    I'll hit you softer.

winky.mp4

• TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Even if the solo damage is the same, having more hits means Twin Genjis are easily going to get their hot 3x chain damage sex party rolling and everyone's invited.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • ElementalorElementalor Registered User regular
    Ugh finally got Maxwell with the Diabolos. Killing him wasn't a problem before, just getting the orbs for the esper and his weird turn changing mechanics if you get him to threshold on a Sacred Song/Rune barrier was really messing me up.

I also charged through the story this weekend to get to Kolts so I could buy a black belt and make some SPR 10%, but I don't think those helped much. Didn't get anything from the black belt counters.

All in all, much PTSD from the original BF Maxwell fight. I'll go for the 15% dark resist next, but will probably skip the karma.
    Bunch of tickets/draws and dailies on BF banner gave me Seria and Karl so getting karma isn't really a problem.

I'm still really really hurting for a Refia and a Tilith. Blew pretty much everything I had trying to get them. orz

Marvel Future Fight: dElementalor
    FFBE: 898,311,440
    Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/dElementalor
    I feel like if I put Refia and Cecil in the same party I'm kinda killing the point of Cecil. I know he's a tank/healer but really he doesn't do any good melee damage. I swapped out Tellah for CoD (now that I have her up to level 93) and it's made the hardest event level a lot easier... I still can't bring in a useless unit but I don't need to have a buffed out Lightning/CoD to do it.

edited November 2016
    Refia and Cecil are perfectly fine together. They also allow for flexibility in that Cecil can Curaja, allowing Refia to Embolden when you still need to heal, or Cecil can Curaja when Refia needs to Full-Life someone.

You can never have too many Curajas. I beat Maxwell with 3 Curajas and 6 people still died during the fight.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    So any idea what the boss is that will drop that mace? I need to start prepping.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
    Oh, well that was much easier than summoning Diabolos. Used Aegis' Elza and happened to get the LB kill while going for the no deaths.

So finally done with the nightmare Maxwell! Feelsgoodman.jpg

azith28 wrote: »
    So any idea what the boss is that will drop that mace? I need to start prepping.

Antonella is a Plant boss with multiple segments, kind of like the ocotopus that has multiple parts. You do not want to kill the main body first, since all of the other parts will explode and wipe you, so you have to whittle each individual part down. There's some status effects like I think poison, sleep, blind, confuse and the like and each of the plant parts have overlapping resistances so only one part of the plant is likely going to be vulnerable to any individual spell.

Unless they buff it, it shouldn't be all that hard, particularly since this Trial is very late for us.

Characters
  • ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »

Antonella is a Plant boss with multiple segments, kind of like the ocotopus that has multiple parts. You do not want to kill the main body first, since all of the other parts will explode and wipe you, so you have to whittle each individual part down. There's some status effects like I think poison, sleep, blind, confuse and the like and each of the plant parts have overlapping resistances so only one part of the plant is likely going to be vulnerable to any individual spell.

Unless they buff it, it shouldn't be all that hard, particularly since this Trial is very late for us.

Yeah. A friend whale Lightning/Luneth should be able to obliterate it with AoE attacks.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Cool! I got back up to a 74 streak in the arena and my app crashed. Guess I'll try again next week.

Rius wrote: »
    Cool! I got back up to a 74 streak in the arena and my app crashed. Guess I'll try again next week.

Memu is killing me with that. Aside from Arena, I swear once I go to sleep with the TM macro running, it crashes. Haven't been able to farm that junk in weeks.

• WaveformWaveform Registered User regular
    When I got to 70+ with my Arena streak I started manually closing and re-starting the app before using my orbs to prevent crashes. Wish I could help with emulator issues - I'm on iOS and macro with Switch Controls.

So I got something to decorate my office and it's FF related:

EUbZrj3.jpg

The background, the Falcon, and the characters are all on separate layers (Falcon about 4 cm in front of background, characters on top of ship) but it's kind of hard to appreciate off a phone camera photo as the 3d effect is more pronounced in person.

I got 3 of them actually:
    BGsHsyl.jpg
    u2k6W9O.jpg

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    Re: Emulators

Yeah, not sure what it could be really, I might just end up trying to make a new nox macro since I think it crashes a little less, but still crashes.

• CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Talith wrote: »

EUbZrj3.jpg

The background, the Falcon, and the characters are all on separate layers (Falcon about 4 cm in front of background, characters on top of ship) but it's kind of hard to appreciate off a phone camera photo as the 3d effect is more pronounced in person.

BGsHsyl.jpg
    u2k6W9O.jpg

Where did you get them? I'd pay good money for a Secret of Mana version.

Cruor wrote: »
    Talith wrote: »

[ig]http://i.imgur.com/EUbZrj3.jpg[/img]

BGsHsyl.jpg
    u2k6W9O.jpg

Where did you get them? I'd pay good money for a Secret of Mana version.

I got it on Etsy. The seller I purchased it from doesn't have any Secret of Mana ones, but I know others do. Search for Shadowboxes, prices and build quality depend on who is making them.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    finally got my 100 wins. what a relief, now back to always selecting a 1.5 opponent.

• ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Dunadan019 wrote: »
    finally got my 100 wins. what a relief, now back to always selecting a 1.5 opponent.

You should know that I slaughtered your two Lightnings the other day.

ztrEPtD.gif
    I simply cannot keep up with Maxwell's damage to survive long enough to evoke Diabolos. The fourth turn onwards is a war of attrition I'll never win without a Dual Cast for Refia.

If I had 6* Agrias and 6* Exdeath I might be tanky enough. Just not gonna happen, even after getting the other two Guardian's materia.

• ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    I'm assuming Cecil and WoL together aren't an option for you?

Yeah, I haven't got WoL. My only other tank is Charlotte and she's still at 4*. I think not having 2* Golem for Provoke is another big deal.

When Thursday comes along I'll have Cecil, Refia, CoD, Bartz, Exdeath all at 6*. And soon enough I'll feel comfortable burning Lapis on TM farming to pick up a Dual Wield, Doublehand, Dual Cast, 30% MAG and Barrage. Though i suppose I need Barrage less, and should maybe put my other Zidane in that slot?

No metal god spawns since I've had event units. Gumi troll lives!

• WaveformWaveform Registered User regular
    Yeah, I haven't got WoL. My only other tank is Charlotte and she's still at 4*. I think not having 2* Golem for Provoke is another big deal.

When Thursday comes along I'll have Cecil, Refia, CoD, Bartz, Exdeath all at 6*. And soon enough I'll feel comfortable burning Lapis on TM farming to pick up a Dual Wield, Doublehand, Dual Cast, 30% MAG and Barrage. Though i suppose I need Barrage less, and should maybe put my other Zidane in that slot?

Definitely replace Barrage with Zidane. You don't have a native Dual Wielder, and the good DPS units are all going to come with a competitive DPS ability to Barrage.

should maybe put my other Zidane in that slot?

YES

Characters
    edited November 2016
    TBF, I really wished I had a barrage TM on my Luneth for this event. Are there any other silly challenges coming up that was benefit from the drop checks?

Edit: But yeah, Zidane definitely trumps Luna.

Elementalor on
    edited November 2016
    I think most of the "proper" Trials have some kind of Esper invocation requirement for one of the quests, but they're also very long fights where you're bound to fill up your gauges just by trying to survive. Maxwell was kind of the first proto-version of this, and was very hard specifically since at this point in the game, you would have needed to pull rather well in order to have the support and healing requirement to be able to survive an attrition situation.

Aegis on
    Characters
    Hmm ok, I guess I can backburner the Barrage for now and just 5x to get one speedily.

Banner's announced. No Mercedes, sad day. But also no Krile or Galuf to clog the pulls, so I guess it balances out.

Characters
  • Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

You should know that I slaughtered your two Lightnings the other day.

only having wol and lenna while I wait for refia to level up and cecil to get a better lb really hurts.

also, my streak lasted right until the very first arena match today where my opponent got first both turns and had his refia embolden, lightning dual electric blitz and ramza ultima..... followed by almost the exact same thing the next turn.

I almost got the LB mission on Maxwell, but the party wiped at ~2%. I had half a summon gauge.

This was with a party designed to generate as many hits as possible while my ultra Darkbringer Elza whale smashed Maxwell through her scripted events. Really lamenting the lack of Provoke or Dual Cast, it's so easy to lose my 3.5k HP people even when they're geared for survivability.

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Aegis wrote: »

Yeah. A friend whale Lightning/Luneth should be able to obliterate it with AoE attacks.

Wouldnt aoe attacks hit the main body, causing an explosion? sounds like you need to focus down the segments before you can attack the body.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Finally took the time to grind out enough Fire Megacrysts for my first Hero's Ring. In the three days it takes to make I should have enough time to grab enough for another (I already have a stockpile of Water Megacrysts from Maranda Coast grinding). Hooray small accomplishments!

This discussion has been closed.