As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

did you forget your scissors, wrestling thread???

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Network is almost caught up with every Raw ever. Second half of 2011 is all there is left.

And I just realized Raw will be 30 years old in January.

Your math is just a wee bit off here.

• Options
    CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular
    So it's now safe to assume the Bucks accepted the invite for Total Nonstop Deletion

I believe Matt said the Rock n Roll Express will be there too, which is clearly the bigger deal.

Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    I think I'm going to have to buy Final Battle.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    So it's now safe to assume the Bucks accepted the invite for Total Nonstop Deletion

I believe Matt said the Rock n Roll Express will be there too, which is clearly the bigger deal.

And a playset from days of the new? Amazing

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Final Battle was amazing. can't even pick a favorite match.

I forgot what it's like to watch that style and especially to be there in person. just so fucking intense oh my God.

also kudos to RoH on the lack of downtime between matches. no time to take a breath and I couldn't have been happier.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Final Battle final thoughts

Show was a lot of fun, definitely better than last year's. I really dug the six-man title match, Castle vs Cabana, tv title match, tag title match, and main event. KUSHIDA had Naomi-style light-up shoes so expect to see those at Wrestle Kingdom. Briscoes vs Young Bucks, even for being a match that I feel like I've seen at least a dozen times, was a hell of a rollercoaster. The main event was really good but followed the already intense tag match and didn't begin until close to 11:30pm, so I probably wasn't as into it as I could have been.

But all in all it was a very fun event. I'd never been to a show at Hammerstein, which was my main reason for making the trip. As a venue it really is incredible, looked like you could see and hear everything from anywhere in the audience.

hailtothekale on
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    TLC
    We gonna creep.

AJ vs. Dean (TLC)
    Becky vs. Alexa (T)
    Miz vs. Dolph (L)
    Heath/Rhyno vs. Wyatts
    Corbin vs. Kalisto (C)
    Nikki vs. Carmella (no DQ)

PLAY USING THIS FORM

FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Man I don't even know.
    Dean beats AJ
    Alexa beats Becky
    Miz beats Ziggler
    Wyatts beat Slater & Rhyno (Randy over Rhyno)
    Kalisto beats Corbin
    Nikki beats Carmella
    3 total title changes
    IC match opens the show, we definitely get blood in the AJ/Dean match and/or Kalisto/Corbin

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    I've read people defending 2009 WWE as overall not that bad, and even great in certain spots.

I'm sure if you dissect any given year in WWE, you'll find some bright spots.

Heck, isn't half the reason people are so often let down by WWE because the company managed to build things up so well beforehand in the first place?
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I have complete confidence in Becky "Suplex Everything" Lynch being able to make it work

Logically speaking, we know that Becky can go through a table. Therefore, it stands to reason that if nothing else, Becky can put Alexa through by going through with her.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    oh

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Of course

• Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    Can't be Super Calo, wrong hat.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    I was just watching a WCW Nitro show from 2000 that consisted of the "best' matches from that year. They included the first blood match between Sting and Vampiro (obviously an oversight because the match was utter garbage) and Sting was still using the drop-from-the-rafters entrance. I could have sworn the whole industry cut that shit out after Owen Hart died but apparently I gave WCW too much credit in hindsight.

• Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    oh

I thought Nakamura was wearing a headband for a moment.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    oh

I am in favor of anything that moves one or both of those dudes up to the main roster. NXT's upper card needs a total overhaul and to not just be two guys like it has been for the last year-and-a-half (or whenever Joe/Finn started).

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Kreutz wrote: »
    I was just watching a WCW Nitro show from 2000 that consisted of the "best' matches from that year. They included the first blood match between Sting and Vampiro (obviously an oversight because the match was utter garbage) and Sting was still using the drop-from-the-rafters entrance. I could have sworn the whole industry cut that shit out after Owen Hart died but apparently I gave WCW too much credit in hindsight.

Oh Jesus no. Less than a year after Owen Hart died, WCW had Mike Awesome throw Kanyon off a steel cage and onto the ramp in the same arena. PPV ended with Tony Schiavone screaming "They broke his back! They broke his back!".

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    oh

Ugh, boring and predictable.

As long as Joe now comes up and chokes out Roman for the US title and turns it into the must have title as an unstoppable monster with a bunch of cool moves.
    EvilBadman wrote: »
    TLC
    We gonna creep.

AJ vs. Dean (TLC)
    Becky vs. Alexa (T)
    Miz vs. Dolph (L)
    Heath/Rhyno vs. Wyatts
    Corbin vs. Kalisto (C)
    Nikki vs. Carmella (no DQ)

PLAY USING THIS FORM
    AJ over Dean, Dean is much better chasing cars than knowing what to do when he catches them.
    Alexa over Becky. On a physical level yes Becky should win, but I think Dunn will fuck her over.
    Miz retains because honestly, well done WWE, you've succeeded in just making Ziggler the most irrelevant person possible
    Wyatts over Heath/Rhyno, they've not had Heath/Rhyno do anything really lately and there's no record to go for so yeah, time to pull the trigger on a Bray title
    Corbin over Kalisto, because I just don't know what else you do with him here if he loses
    Nikki over Carmella, Carmella should win, just like Becky should've been the Survivor Team captain.

2 title changes
    IC title opens

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    oh

I am very okay with this.

There's more heel challengers ready for a shot than face challengers at the moment.

Really not getting the relentless cynicism of some people. It's actually becoming obnoxious.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    wrestling fans can never be happy it's the rules

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    David_T wrote: »
    Kreutz wrote: »

Oh Jesus no. Less than a year after Owen Hart died, WCW had Mike Awesome throw Kanyon off a steel cage and onto the ramp in the same arena. PPV ended with Tony Schiavone screaming "They broke his back! They broke his back!".

To be fair to WCW, whenever Sting came down from the rafters he was completely
    Harnessed safely. When WWE had Owen do his, he had barely anything holding him in and was supposed to "fall out", just not so high up.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Spoiled for big
    GPUfokv.jpg

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    411Randle411Randle Librarian Oook.Registered User regular
    oh

I am very okay with this.

There's more heel challengers ready for a shot than face challengers at the moment.

Really not getting the relentless cynicism of some people. It's actually becoming obnoxious.

Yeah, plus, like, Joe with the NXT title = Joe stays in NXT. It was my understanding that this is not a desirable thing.

Sure, Shinsuke will have to stay there a bit too, but I can't imagine it'll be for much past Mania.

Also,

Spoilers for upcoming NXT stuff:
    Roode's going to be the next challenger at the Rumble. Think of the dueling entrances!

1) Silence 2) Books must be returned by the last date shown 3) Do not interfere with the nature of causality
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    I guess next week's show at freelance is mustafa Ali's last indie show? And it has SUGE D in a career vs career match

So now I have tickets for that

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular

Show was a lot of fun, definitely better than last year's. I really dug the six-man title match, Castle vs Cabana, tv title match, tag title match, and main event. KUSHIDA had Naomi-style light-up shoes so expect to see those at Wrestle Kingdom. Briscoes vs Young Bucks, even for being a match that I feel like I've seen at least a dozen times, was a hell of a rollercoaster. The main event was really good but followed the already intense tag match and didn't begin until close to 11:30pm, so I probably wasn't as into it as I could have been.

But all in all it was a very fun event. I'd never been to a show at Hammerstein, which was my main reason for making the trip. As a venue it really is incredible, looked like you could see and hear everything from anywhere in the audience.

I was in the balcony and when they were outside of the ring opposite the entry way I had to stand up to see. But I was in the very back and standing up wasn't a problem so it's not a big complaint, just adding detail.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    I guess next week's show at freelance is mustafa Ali's last indie show? And it has SUGE D in a career vs career match

So now I have tickets for that

wait, what!? sugar dunkerton can't retire until him, touchdown, and dasher all win king of trios damnit!!!!

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »

I was in the balcony and when they were outside of the ring opposite the entry way I had to stand up to see. But I was in the very back and standing up wasn't a problem so it's not a big complaint, just adding detail.

Oh yeah, same here! But also the crowd was out of their seats all night so I didn't even consider that.

• Options
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    I really wish Rev Pro would stop running in York Hall, place really spoils their atmosphere and it's not like Progress and ICW haven't both shown the correct type of venue that you should be using.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

(this is where I would put multiple of the sideways-looking eyes emoji if they worked here)

• Options
    EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular

You know, I think I've seen this paperback on the rack at the grocery store.

• Options
    edited December 2016

Kinda want it to stay at 69 retweets forever

ed: at 70 the second I hit Post :'[

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    My boyfriend is a handsome boy. :tell_me_more:

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie