As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] Preseason is upon us!

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I feel like League of Legends needs a bot lane melee adc for Wild Turtle's always in the front playstyle....

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    HAI PENTA

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Holy fucking shit that call at the end, and Balls stopping the TP. That was one of the tensest nexus kills I've seen.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    TSM
    Bio's Nami is so clean. Too bad his ADC constantly finds himself out of position.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    TSM
    Bio's Nami is so clean. Too bad his ADC constantly finds himself out of position.
    No, no, see...
    Other teams flank with Nautilus or Maokai. TSM flanks with Turtle!

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    If anyone likes in your face support and you have a bursty bot. Run Sion straight to edge of night. Then pain train your way through the game.

Most fun I have had as support in a long time. Is your bot pushed in too far to your tower and they've extended? Pretend to back off. Smash R and then hold Q for as long as you feel safe. Then when your support fails to secure the kill flash ignite.

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    KorhedronKorhedron Registered User regular
    Ivellius wrote: »
    Koreg wrote: »
    How do you play Illaoi? Her kit looks hilarious.

Mostly it's about landing a kinda slow blockable skillshot in her E and then pounding the tar out of the enemy champion (if they then try to fight you) or their ghost (if they disengage). You also must make sure you're fighting near tentacles you've spawned, which means there's some setup to her gameplay. Given the difficulties in removing tentacles for melee champions, that's where you collect the LP.

I have Mastery 6 on her, but a lot of that has been in support games (partly because I don't play top very often and partly because I enjoy playing support Illaoi).

Oh. Oh! Um... Teach me how to properly play support Illaoi, I guess? She looks so weird and fun, and I've been meaning to try her out. But Top is my least played, so I've not looked to hard on the top laners. And I'm usually on support anyways.
    like; Who would match her as ADC? Same as Lulu? And what the heck do you buy on her? Shield start, i guess? (hint; I'm also as rusty as Trump's manners at this point!)

These are the stories of Dwarf Fortress. Legends have been forged there, and meticulousy gathered in one mighty hub: http://dfstories.com/start-here/
  • Options
    IvelliusIvellius Registered User regular
    Korhedron wrote: »
    Oh. Oh! Um... Teach me how to properly play support Illaoi, I guess? She looks so weird and fun, and I've been meaning to try her out. But Top is my least played, so I've not looked to hard on the top laners. And I'm usually on support anyways.
    like; Who would match her as ADC? Same as Lulu? And what the heck do you buy on her? Shield start, i guess? (hint; I'm also as rusty as Trump's manners at this point!)

It's not exactly good, but I also play with people below my MMR, so it does sort of work. I'll give you what I can think of to make it most effective.

I'm not sure about the Lulu comparison; I'm not super-familiar with how she is at the moment and who pairs with her. The kit also doesn't seem that similar? You're basically relying on spirit pulls to draw them into a fight or just wail on the ghost without penalty. Thankfully, this does happen a decent amount of the time if your ADC is good about returning poke on them. If you can get the vessel debuff on them, you end up zoning them away and can often continue the spirit pulls thanks to that advantage. For best results, you need to be against a melee support or just hope they aren't diligent about killing your tentacles. Getting an ADC with good poke / range will help with that as tentacles are irresistible, so, again, you can pull them into fights they might not actually want. Off the top of my head, I'd probably take Jinx and Caitlyn with her above anyone, though Draven's probably a good contender for hurling axes at the ghost.

Things you absolutely must know if you're doing this: you are not a typical support and have no peel for your ADC. (This is also why I think Lulu is an odd comparison.) This may get on your ADC's nerves, but if they understand that and can play more safely it can be okay. You're basically a poke support who's also decent if the enemy team goes all in. Your job is to be another damage threat and off-tank that eats up enough of their attention to win teamfights. You do have some sustain, but it's all selfish. The best comparison I can think of is probably a more pokey, damaging Braum but who offers a bit less outright supporting and relies on slow skillshots. (And to be fair, my support Illaoi is probably better than my support Braum.) She's pretty bad into enemy assassins just because you offer almost nothing to keep them from killing someone who isn't you, though if you get shield items going it can eventually work.

Other thing you must know: you're still Illaoi. You're still a lane bully if you get the vessels going and have surprisingly high damage built into your kit. Once you hit level 6, you want the enemy team to jump you, because even a support Illaoi gets a lot of damage from her tentacle party. I guess that may work as a kind of peel in the sense that they really won't enjoy engaging on you, but you're as likely to pick up kills as your team. You can also push waves with some effectiveness if you get stuck with it, so that's nice.

I've been running Relic Shield into Face of the Mountain because you need to be able to offer something to your allies, Locket, and then usually Redemption anyway because it's pretty busted. If you get past that, probably Deadman's, maybe Knight's Vow to round out the build. Black Cleaver would be cool, probably, but I've never really gotten it on a support budget. I would say grab Swiftness, Lucidity, or Treads on boots depending on needs. Skill order is R->E->Q->W, I think; I honestly haven't tried anything else because of how much you need Test of Spirit pulls.

My successful games with her have been where I can get Test of Spirit going and start zoning them away and then stay ahead thanks to lane pressure. My unsuccessful games are where my ADC doesn't punish them for killing tentacles and I miss all of my pulls.

Having said all of that, I do have fun with it a lot of the time, and I think it's worth trying if it interests you. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Me elsewhere:
    Steam, various fora: Ivellius
    League of Legends: Doctor Ivellius
    Twitch, probably another place or two I forget: LPIvellius
  • Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    I play with all chat turned off. In post game lobby after a really good Garen game the enemy Ryze says, "u still havent answered my question," then asks me if I play Garen because I have a small dick or because I want one. I refrained from asking if he was offering me his and instead silently reflected on how much time he must have wasted flaming me in the all chat I couldn't see (meanwhile, he's ranting about how his champion is one of the highest skill cap champs).

I think being flamed by your crushed enemies for doing well with an easy character is one of the best feelings in gaming.

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    I like having All Chat on so that I can participate in the same joke every time somebody uses a 'Definitely Not ______' Skin.

That's the actual reason.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Red Raevyn wrote: »
    I play with all chat turned off. In post game lobby after a really good Garen game the enemy Ryze says, "u still havent answered my question," then asks me if I play Garen because I have a small dick or because I want one. I refrained from asking if he was offering me his and instead silently reflected on how much time he must have wasted flaming me in the all chat I couldn't see (meanwhile, he's ranting about how his champion is one of the highest skill cap champs).

I think being flamed by your crushed enemies for doing well with an easy character is one of the best feelings in gaming.

I ruined a Teemo on Pantheon last night. Dude was rocking the Little Devil skin, flashing mastery emotes at me, the whole nine yards. I nearly Flame Horizon'ed him, he was SO MAD. The best part: he was last pick.

• Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    I leave all chat on so I can go "RAWR IMMA DRAGON!" at regular intervals. Actually playing Shyvana is optional at this point.

Though I might change it to "YOURE ART NOW!" since I'm only playing Jhin.

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    I am playing this game again and having fun.

God help me.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Playing ARAMs with my husband and I carry with a Draven S

him: "aw, I would have gotten a box if I weren't stuck on a free week champion!"
    me: "too bad your champion collection is so small then...how many IP do you have?"
    him: "120K"
    me: ...

why

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    credeiki wrote: »

him: "aw, I would have gotten a box if I weren't stuck on a free week champion!"
    me: "too bad your champion collection is so small then...how many IP do you have?"

why

It collects interest right?

• Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    Roz wrote: »

God help me.
    What have I doooooooooooooone

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular

Junglers should always play with all chat turned on. You need to know if someone on the enemy team is close to tilting.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Junglers should always play with all chat turned on. You need to know if someone on the enemy team is close to tilting.

And then you ask why the other jungler isn't ganking for them.

Me elsewhere:
  • Options
    KorhedronKorhedron Registered User regular
    @Ivellus
    Thanks man. I'm going to smack some guys with a massive tentacle.
    I was really just thinking Lulu because my plays with her are so focused on discouraging and wrecking enemy all-ins. But managing enemy aggression for my team is what I love doing in support anyhow.

These are the stories of Dwarf Fortress. Legends have been forged there, and meticulousy gathered in one mighty hub: http://dfstories.com/start-here/
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

why

This is extra great if it's because of decision paralysis and not because he just doesn't care.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    JAEF wrote: »

God help me.
    What have I doooooooooooooone

I had 9/10 great games last night that were fun and competitive.

Only one game went south and the guy mercilessly flamed me and went into death threats.

The community is improving!

• Options
    I was repeatedly called autistic, mentally deranged, and possibly 2 years old the other day. Despite dying to jungle creeps 3 or 4 times in the first half of the game.

• Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »

I conspired with a teammate who made false flag salty complaints in all chat to bait a bad 3 man tower dive that I counterganked.

All chat is power, be careful how you use it!

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    Match history website working for you guys? It's been the blank white box for me across multiple devices for a few days now.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Necessary "correlation does not equal causation" disclaimer aside, this is pretty interesting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJgNg9_amKc

Now if he can figure out a way to get toxicity data, that would be cool.

Ivellius on
    Me elsewhere:
  • Options
    Playing nothing but support is going super well.

Janna remains as bonkers as ever. The metagame seems awesome? I mean maybe I'm not high enough yet to actually see the cracks, but overall I'm seeing a lot of champions and nothing feels really broken, just a lot of really strong champs and compositions.

People seem to be having a lot of fun, and there's only been one really bad game with an emotionally stunted child.

Other than that, the game seems to be in one of the better states it's ever been in. The new items are super interesting and I find myself building just a bit different each game.

• Options
    Is Kled bottom a thing? Now that I think about it, I want to play a Sion/Kled bottom lane and just run people over all game with them.

• Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    I really like Frosk's new brunette look. I'm also glad Dash got the silver hair out of his system.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    Playing nothing but support is going super well.

Janna remains as bonkers as ever. The metagame seems awesome? I mean maybe I'm not high enough yet to actually see the cracks, but overall I'm seeing a lot of champions and nothing feels really broken, just a lot of really strong champs and compositions.

People seem to be having a lot of fun, and there's only been one really bad game with an emotionally stunted child.

Other than that, the game seems to be in one of the better states it's ever been in. The new items are super interesting and I find myself building just a bit different each game.

Weird. Lethality is overtuned to the point of being meta-warping, though I'd otherwise kind of agree with you.
    Is Kled bottom a thing? Now that I think about it, I want to play a Sion/Kled bottom lane and just run people over all game with them.

It's not, but you should totally do that combo.

Me elsewhere:
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    I wonder how a max attack speed Kled would work. I mean theoretically you should be re-mounted within moments. The issue is that due to the Frayed Nerves debuff, after the first remount if you get dismounted again in short order you won't be able to accumulate Courage for a short while no matter how fast you attack.

Still, it bears some thought...

Related note I have been doing quite well with Kled in top, esp vs Rivens.

Hiryu02 on
    Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    Anyone who Kleds wanna try this tonight at ~7-730 pm EST??

• Options
    Anyone who Kleds wanna try this tonight at ~7-730 pm EST??

Like a Kled ADC? Uhhh...I do KLED!!!, but I stay far away from bottom lane.

• Options
    I don't own Kled but I wholeheartedly endorse you two surprising some poor bot lane tonight. Looking forward to the report*.
    *on my desk** tomorrow
    **this thread

• Options
    I don't own Kled but I wholeheartedly endorse you two surprising some poor bot lane tonight. Looking forward to the report*.
    *on my desk** tomorrow
    **this thread

I was watching an Anklespankin video and they had a Kled bot lane that kept bear trapping/nuking the ADC. It was hilarious, which means it can only be funnier if you have two champs who can chase down unfortunates

• Options
    I guess there is no harm in trying in a normal lol.

• Options
    Hiryu02 wrote: »

I would never put that on my team mates in a ranked without trying it out a few times!

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular

...I just want to play a meta botlane against another meta botlane

I am greviously harmed by kill lanes even in my normals :(

...because I always feed even though my goal is to not feed and I know damn well that I should be able to just stay safe AND YET

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options

...I just want to play a meta botlane against another meta botlane

I am greviously harmed by kill lanes even in my normals :(

...because I always feed even though my goal is to not feed and I know damn well that I should be able to just stay safe AND YET

Meta is so boring though.

Give me more top AP Soraka. Give me more Urgot mid.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Aatrox rework in PBE now.

Edit. Sorry, not a rework per se but a change to his passive and how his abilities interact with it, as well as a new buff state from passive.

Hiryu02 on
  • Options
    Losing a close series 2-3 sucks so bad :(