As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's a Brand New [CHAT]!

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    my last chat was november 9th.

I remember that one fairly well.

That whole fucking day.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    The Witcher 3 has some weird falling mechanics.

I walked off a cliff not very high. Instant death.

I walked off the same cliff maybe 1 foot lower, took like 100 hp worth of damage. I have 3700 hp.

yeah, the damage scaling for falls is janky

pro-tip if you time a roll right on your landing you take 0 damage

just hold the roll vaguely before landing and it's fine

oh really? I guess I made my playthrough more complicated than it had to be

• Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Yeah to be honest Texas was p nice. It was me that was the problem

Oh well.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
  • Options
    Nova_C wrote: »
    I did not get to make a chat for 4.5 years, Shark! But I made 4 in April-July 2012.

They were all awesome.

I had a draft of a Kubo and the Two Strings chat I made last week cause I COULD FEEL MY TIME COMING. But I don't know how to access draft threads you save.....................................

My last [chat] was May 2008.

Nov 2012.

And a string in 2011, but that was pre-Geth

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    bitches love my [chat]s

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    call me crazy but i miss the snipe system

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    It's not even 10am and I am already overcome with THE HUNGER.

Down with this fascist lunch system.

• Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    congrats, Castle. Very proud of you and your chat.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    As we were talking about the other day...

Y1Ueqrh.jpg

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    congrats, Castle. Very proud of you and your chat.

*holds it together until alone and begins sobbing joyfully*

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    my last chat was afro futurism chat

the one before that was about songs about cough syrup

most of the ones before that were bad though and done in a panicky haste

poo
  • Options
    syndalis wrote: »

That whole fucking day.

i did not look at chat that day

i barely looked at the internet

mostly i looked at the floor

poo
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I slept. Still wish I was

• Options
    afrofuturism is p cool

tanehisi coates' black panther run has been playing with its themes

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Seriously though, I should go find a snack. A hot pocket is not a sufficient breakfast.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    So When Dylann Roof is not convicted, we just burn the whole thing down right?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    one of my friends from my applied math major who i have not talked to in forever sent me a linkedin request

first, he is smart as fuq and i guess a hard worker because he is 3/4 done with his MD/PhD at a top university

also the PhD is in synthetic biology - does this mean he is going to create androids

poo
  • Options
    one of my friends from my applied math major who i have not talked to in forever sent me a linkedin request

first, he is smart as fuq and i guess a hard worker because he is 3/4 done with his MD/PhD at a top university

also the PhD is in synthetic biology - does this mean he is going to create androids

No that means he's going to turn us into androids.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
  • Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    Just arrived at Nargirl's house - she told me to come over ASAP after my groups today -, and we passed each other in the doorway. She's headed to visit her grandma with her dad last minute.

Which a) probably isn't great news for grandma :( and b) ... *hesitates, lays down in Nargirl's bed. Takes off shirt. Takes off pants, socks. Wraps in a blanket burrito*

I'm pretty sure this is what I'm supposed to be doing right now.

• Options
    Ludious wrote: »

So they were dead before they got frozen and people got their panties in a bunch about food?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Oh man Deep Space Nine is so good.

the best star trek

simply the best

better than all the rest

I will agree it edges out TNG slightly. I don't like the episodes that focus on Jake or Nog, although I am only into season 2 and they may get better.

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Japan just didn't go all the way and put a dead body in there

Maybe posed in the act of fighting a polar bear

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Preacher wrote: »

So they were dead before they got frozen and people got their panties in a bunch about food?

Frozen fish in a supermarket is a bit different than ice skating over top of dead sea creatures.

One is food the other is definitely wasteful and probably morbid to most people

Ludious on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    afrofuturism is p cool

tanehisi coates' black panther run has been playing with its themes

I liked Alastair Reynolds' Poseidon's Children books. Scifi where Africa was the next major world power after the Western world collapsed.

Still written by a white western guy though. I've been actively looking for good stuff to read that's not by white male western authors.

• Options
    So for you older technology people, did any of you watch laserDisc movies, and if so were they worth the cost over VHS?

• Options

the best star trek

simply the best

better than all the rest

I will agree it edges out TNG slightly. I don't like the episodes that focus on Jake or Nog, although I am only into season 2 and they may get better.

they have a couple good episodes later

honestly the whole series steps up significantly starting in season 3

• Options

Frozen fish in a supermarket is a bit different than ice skating over top of dead sea creatures.

One is food the other is definitely wasteful and probably morbid to most people

Food is food man, I don't see why its direspectful to ice skate on top of it. If anything its probably a better view.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    So for you older technology people, did any of you watch laserDisc movies, and if so were they worth the cost over VHS?

laserdisc
    video
    for audio lovers

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    As we were talking about the other day...

Y1Ueqrh.jpg

I'm still laughing over "Count Trackula"

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    TTODewback wrote: »

laserdisc
    video
    for audio lovers

So it had much better audio then VHS? How was the video?

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    i mean

the fish at the supermarket are still dead animals being displayed for your consumption/pleasure, as you don't need to eat fish, so

it's just context and novelty that change the reaction

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular

laserdisc
    video
    for audio lovers

I have no idea.
    Someone just posted that commercial a couple of chats ago

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Does anybody want a promo code for Gears of War 4 for PC?

I got it as a free game with a video card and I don't want it.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options

the best star trek

simply the best

better than all the rest

they have a couple good episodes later

honestly the whole series steps up significantly starting in season 3

Preferred TNG to DS9, if only because TNG didn't have Ezri.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

the best star trek

simply the best

better than all the rest

You're only in season 2?

Oh, man.

The Jake/Nog episodes don't get much better, but everything else does.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »

That whole fucking day.

My first day after death

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    "

• Options

laserdisc
    video
    for audio lovers

Laserdisc was significantly better than VHS.

They were still sought after well into the DVD era by people who wanted to watch movies on projector because when you blew up early DVDs to 10 feet or so, you could see the MPEG compression artifacts.

And a lot of the early bootleg DVDs (for example, the bootleg non-special-edition version of Star Wars) were transfers from Laserdisc.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular

Honestly it's almost like a thing absolutely designed to outrage Japanese people specifically.

There is a deeply ingrained culture that abhors wastefulness combined with both Buddhist views on the sanctity of all life and Shinto animist sentiments.

And seafood is a major component of the Japanese diet to boot

fuck gendered marketing
This discussion has been closed.