As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

a Horizon: Zero Dawn thread - now with cold!

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Snagged Tales from the Borderlands for a fiver in the PSN sale. It's very funny!

I've cooled on Telltale's output a bit in the last couple of years, but this is working for me. Turns out comedies are much better than dramas for "a random terrible thing has happened, which kinda-arbitrary shitty outcome do your prefer?"

And the title sequence in episode two was one of the more legitimately badass things I've seen in videogames. That fuckin' music cue ruled.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    That's a funny way of spelling Halo 2

that's a funny way of spelling bmx: xxx

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Snagged Tales from the Borderlands for a fiver in the PSN sale. It's very funny!

I've cooled on Telltale's output a bit in the last couple of years, but this is working for me. Turns out comedies are much better than dramas for "a random terrible thing has happened, which kinda-arbitrary shitty outcome do your prefer?"

And the title sequence in episode two was one of the more legitimately badass things I've seen in videogames. That fuckin' music cue ruled.

pretty much every title sequence in TftB is on point

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I am praying that the Borderlands team is making that Guardians of the Galaxy game

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I am praying that the Borderlands team is making that Guardians of the Galaxy game

they HAVE to be, right?

there is no universe where it makes sense that they aren't

• Options
    you may find that telltale does not have such strictly delineated "teams"

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    The Batman game is also pretty good.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    There are some licenses that I would be dying for in a Telltale game. One of them is James Bond or, if they can't secure that, Archer.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    I just

I want them to make a new engine first

All the cool licenses in the world don't mean shit if they run like absolute garbage

A GOTG game is probably one of the top licenses I would want them to do, and they're doing it, but it's impossible to care about when you've got Batman over here running like a poorly optimized N64 title

Like with every announcement, I just get de-hyped, because the first immediate thought is "man it's gonna run like trash and they're wasting their shot on this"

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Yeah it says something when a game with Minecraft graphics gets juddery and framey on something like the Xbox One or PS4.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Where do I see when my PS+ membership expires?

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular

On the top menu on the home screen there's a ps plus symbol on the far left

Click that then look for a manage membership or subscription option

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Tales from the Borderlands might honestly make it into my favorite games ever list

I love that game so much

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Hermano wrote: »

On the top menu on the home screen there's a ps plus symbol on the far left

Click that then look for a manage membership or subscription option

Neat, OK, thank you

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    I started Bloodborne again and I'm leveling an Arcane character. Kinda slow until you can grab a Fire Gem. Then happy days.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Attack attributes are so meaningless in those early stages of the game that I never really had an issue.

Put all those early blood echoes into Vitality and Endurance.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Early Arcane investment + fire gem does good damage though. End plan will be Kos Parasite + Milkweed

acpRlGW.jpg
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Early Arcane investment + fire gem does good damage though. End plan will be Kos Parasite + Milkweed

That early Arcane investment isn't adding any damage though, or at least not a meaningful amount.

Weapon scaling is based largely on the upgrade stage of the weapon, so until you're in the +7 to +9 range, your attack stats mostly do fuck all.

Maddoc on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Dear Sony, I would like to play 3D Dot Game Heroes on my ps4 please

• Options
    Keith wrote: »
    Dear Sony, I would like to play 3D Dot Game Heroes on my ps4 please

I got excited last night when I saw a game called Trove in free beta on PS4, because I thought it would be an MMO with voxels, and I'll take all the voxels I can get on my PS4

Then I downloaded it and it's a building game

• Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    I tried to start a new 3d dot game heroes playthrough last week but my disc doesn't work anymore for some reason. It looks fine but won't load up. Pretty sad about that.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I didn't finish it when I played it because I found out I missed an opportunity to get a sword and wouldn't be able to 100% the game, so I just got mad and turned it off.

But I loved it and want to play it again

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I wonder how many 'hardcore' Zelda fans have never played 3D Dot Game Heroes, nor Darksiders, nor Okami.

Probably a lot. :(

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Oh, you're a Zelda fan? Have you even played Alundra? Ocean horn? Ittle Dew? Heh. Go home, little girl.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    Oh, you're a Zelda fan? Have you even played Alundra? Ocean horn? Ittle Dew? Heh. Go home, little girl.

Alundra was so good.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Maddoc wrote: »

That early Arcane investment isn't adding any damage though, or at least not a meaningful amount.

Weapon scaling is based largely on the upgrade stage of the weapon, so until you're in the +7 to +9 range, your attack stats mostly do fuck all.

I'm going to disagree. Once I got the first fire gem @20ARC my weapon did quite more damage. I've gotten better gems since then and I'm now @50ARC and my weapon damage has kept up (I just beat the Shadow triplets.) I also got the Executioner's Gloves and it's a great nuke vs Big guys and bosses.

I've basically have been following this guide.

acpRlGW.jpg
  • Options
    Oceanhorn is pretty good

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    Something about the movement in Oceanhorn annoyed me. It felt too sticky.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    Something about the movement in Oceanhorn annoyed me. It felt too sticky.

Still a Zelda clone on my Ipad? Gimme gimme gimme.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    I've only played the PS4 version but I think it controls mostly fine

• Options
    I loved Ocean Horn and Ittle Dew. I need to get Ittle Dew 2

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRQDqurZJNk
    Can't say the story in Horizon looks particularly intriguing, but at least the actual look is still pretty stunning

Also?

Hi Lance Reddick! You just look like yourself in this one!

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Vincent D'Onofrio as the villain as well? Cool

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »

Early arcane does make molotovs hit like a truck though.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    give me all the motorcycle buffalo

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Got some Skyrim faces in Horizon, thankfully the robots look fantastic.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular

Nope

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Do you mean it's not cool or do you mean he's not the villain

Hobnail on
  • Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Nope

It's not him? I thought it sounded exactly like him at first, but you might be right

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Do you mean it's not cool or do you mean he's not the villain

It WOULD be cool
    But that is for sure just some video game voice man