As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Ghost Recon Wildlands] : Way Too Many Buttstocks

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    the ios and android app is up.... seems like the fo4 pip boy app but im not sure....

It does sync to your game....... it has the full gunsmith in app for free.... you can check that out without logging in btw (no need to be in beta). full list of guns. pd-w r from battlefireld is in as the pdr-c.

the vss counts as a sniper rifle :p. also there is a revolver rifle in the sniper weapons. Lolz.

directed by john mctiernen fresh out of federal prison.... as in hunt for red october... as in preditor and die hard guy....
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBRItGcM9Q

my cat is a sniper early warning cat!!!!!!!!!!

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Are there weight restrictions or will we be able to lug around both a M60E4 and Barrett .50 cal? Rocket Launchers?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Since it doesnt seem like ill be getting a preorder access, if anyone gets an extra pc one I'd love it. <3 corriganx on uplay.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    BloodycowBloodycow Registered User regular
    Torn if I want to give this game a shot or not. I don't want to have to play with AI and it seems the PA pc community will probably be rather small for this one...

" I am a warrior, so that my son may be a merchant, so that his son may be a poet.”
    ― John Quincy Adams
  • Options
    Bloodycow wrote: »
    Torn if I want to give this game a shot or not. I don't want to have to play with AI and it seems the PA pc community will probably be rather small for this one...

seems like more than a few pc bros. I think this games funfactor will depend on coop tho. buyer beware

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    I've got a few XB1 codes, uPlay handle is MechanicalX. Let me know if you want one.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Ew... bleh!

Is the friendly AI bad, or is the enemy AI unfairly balanced against solo play? Down to zero interest in the game if solo play isn't any fun.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    FuriousJodoFuriousJodo Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    edit: Wrong thread

FuriousJodo on
    FuriousJodo on Twitch/PSN/XBL/Whatever else
  • Options
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Ew... bleh!

Is the friendly AI bad, or is the enemy AI unfairly balanced against solo play? Down to zero interest in the game if solo play isn't any fun.

Do you like farcry 3/4? Do you like granular control over your AI mates (the ability to set up syncronized shots/ manuvers)? thats pretty much what single player is.

I think itll do, but all indications are coop is funn-er

• Options
    Oh, well shit... singleplayer sounds rad then.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Mechanical wrote: »
    I've got a few XB1 codes, uPlay handle is MechanicalX. Let me know if you want one.

I'd love one if you have any left

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    Dang, I didn't know they were keeping Sync shot from the last Ghost Recon game. Almost every encounter in Future Soldier was like a fun puzzle game of using the drone to mark targets, and using sync shot to take mooks out without their allies noticing.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Dang, I didn't know they were keeping Sync shot from the last Ghost Recon game. Almost every encounter in Future Soldier was like a fun puzzle game of using the drone to mark targets, and using sync shot to take mooks out without their allies noticing.

thats exactly the mechanic they have shown off. :D

Question- do the devs understand how guns work?

Exhibit A- via ios app
    IMG_0006.png

yeah.... thats a dmr with a master key. ;/ dunno if guns really work that way :D

mojojoeo on
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote: »

thats exactly the mechanic they have shown off. :D

Question- do the devs understand how guns work?

Exhibit A- via ios app
    IMG_0006.png

yeah.... thats a dmr with a master key. ;/ dunno if guns really work that way :D

Scope? who needs that shit, put a grenade launcher up there and get rid of the rifle stock and slap a flamethrower where it use to be.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    So MSGV levels of gun customization eh? Frankenstein guns like the above can exist. They just require many hours from a skilled gunsmith. The real question is why would you want it to?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    So MSGV levels of gun customization eh? Frankenstein guns like the above can exist. They just require many hours from a skilled gunsmith. The real question is why would you want it to?

I'm not here to ask why... Im here to ask.. Why Not?

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    CorriganX wrote: »

its deep... but not uber deep. I think alot of the stuff is locked on the ios app till you unlock in game. Def see scopes in game i dont see in ios.

You can fiddle with gas systems to adjust rate of fire. You can change trigger groups to adjust burst fire stuffs. there's under barrel tasers.

That is what should be on my DMR..... under barrel tasers.

• Options

If you need use a master key to breach a door, a DMR with a long barrel and suppressor tends to be sub-optimal for CQB compared to a SMG, full sized shotgun, or carbine.

Is there a friendly fire mechanic?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular

If you need use a master key to breach a door, a DMR with a long barrel and suppressor tends to be sub-optimal for CQB compared to a SMG, full sized shotgun, or carbine.

Is there a friendly fire mechanic?

I'm just asking for a. . . uh. . . friend.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    i dont like where this thread is going....

• Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    Field promotions for everyone!

Still have the 2-stage trigger mod for SMGs, I wonder?

• Options
    edited February 2017

options in base free mode gunsmith- full auto, semi, 3 round and match(better semi)

whats 2 stage?

mojojoeo on
  • Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    So do you have a base that you mod and work out of in this game?

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    edited February 2017

options in base free mode gunsmith- full auto, semi, 3 round and match(better semi)

whats 2 stage?

Some thing about you having to double click / trigger press for full auto.

Probably a carryover from Future Soldier 'cuz you didn't have any buttons in the controller left to switch fire modes.

EDIT: Gosh, the iOS looks exactly like Future Soldier test range. :/

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular

whats 2 stage?

Some thing about you having to double click / trigger press for full auto.

Probably a carryover from Future Soldier 'cuz you didn't have any buttons in the controller left to switch fire modes.

EDIT: Gosh, the iOS looks exactly like Future Soldier test range. :/

To elaborate: some real world assault rifles have a feature whereby half-depressing the trigger fires off a single round (semi-auto fire), but fully pulling the trigger fires the weapon in full-auto. This is referred to as a 2-stage trigger (this is actually the standard trigger setup of the Steyr AUG).

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    Thanks for the clarification.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Well put me on the list if there's any PC beta invites floating, it doesn't look like I got in. My friends and are I wondering if this will be our next coop opus or just another forgettable Ubi open-world game—the first trailer had us hyped.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    canuckontcanuckont Registered User regular
    I think that's the app for future soldier...

I saw a kid get handed a JB poster by who I presume was his parents outside my store today....he tore it in half infront of his horrified parents.....There's hope for our youth yet!
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    canuckont wrote: »
    I think that's the app for future soldier...

totes is :D
    i guess new app isnt out/ updated.

just a day ago his was announced but the page goes nowhere now- https://ghost-recon.ubisoft.com/wildlands/en-US/news/152-282740-16/introducing-ghost-recon-network-and-ghost-recon-hq

mojojoeo on
  • Options
    Anybody have an extra key for ps4? A buddy of mine, not a forumer, didn't get in. I could pm his uplay name. If that's not cool, I understand

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    ...a dmr with a master key...
    I know about DMR's, but what is a 'Master Key' in this instance? Something to do with the safety mechanism?

I get the feeling I'm going to be bumping into people who are hardcore gun enthusiasts, whilst playing this, and I'm not quite up to speed.

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    I know about DMR's, but what is a 'Master Key' in this instance? Something to do with the safety mechanism?

I get the feeling I'm going to be bumping into people who are hardcore gun enthusiasts, whilst playing this, and I'm not quite up to speed.

I assume "Master Key" is a euphemism for the underbarrel shotgun (breaching rounds open all doors, and is thus a "master key").

Erlkönig on
    | Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular

"Master Key" was the nickname for armorer-customized sawed-off underbarrel shotguns first used by, IIRC, SEALS in Vietnam. They're mainly used for breaching doors by shooting out the lock or hinges.

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular

"Master Key" was the nickname for armorer-customized sawed-off underbarrel shotguns first used by, IIRC, SEALS in Vietnam. They're mainly used for breaching doors by shooting out the lock or hinges.
    Ohhhhhhh! That makes sense. :snap: Derp. :P

• Options
    AngryPuppyAngryPuppy Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Edit: Sorry looks like this no longer works.

According to this post on Neogaf there's a reusable beta code (for PS4 I believe from the replies)
    Try this redeem code 92A7XXX8GDJU

Edit: Try it here http://ghost-recon.ubisoft.com/wildl...eem/index.aspx

Edit2: It can be used multiple times.

AngryPuppy on
    PSN: AngryPuppyEsq
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    AngryPuppy wrote: »
    According to this post on Neogaf there's a reusable beta code (for PS4 I believe from the replies)
    Try this redeem code 92A7XXX8GDJU

Edit: Try it here http://ghost-recon.ubisoft.com/wildl...eem/index.aspx

Edit2: It can be used multiple times.

They must have fixed that now. It says the code has already been redeemed.

Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    A quick ten minutes with this before work and I can tell i'm going to love it.

Cleared the first little story spot using the drone to spot and a series of headshots.

The AI partners didn't do anything stupid and stayed in cover.

And the game is beautiful on the xb1. Can only imagine what you guys on high end pc's will get to see

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I have closed beta and likely an invite or two on ps4. PM me and I can try to get you one.

I haven't played yet but my concern is difficulty and death not mattering. I hate coop shooters where you can just Zerg your way through dying s bunch. Makes it get boring super quick.

Does the beta alleviate or confirm that concern?

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • Options
    PC performace is doodoo boys.

i5 4960k, 1070, 16 gb rams, on an ssd.

1440p ultra no AA
    50 fps standing still, 40 fps walking round, like 20-30 driving

tweaking shadows and veg down nets me a whole 10fps.... but its wildly inconsistant.

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    I've got a couple of ps4 beta invites if anyone still wants one, just send a friend request on uplay to AHermano

PSN- AHermano