As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

No Point In Giving Me Advice, Why Can't You Just [Let It Die]

• Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    Downloading this game today and my PS4 is saying it will take 24 hours to download. Never had a download take longer than an hour. Is this normal for this game? Guess I'm not playing till tomorrow.

Addendum, changed my DNS settings and it went down to 1 hour. Much better.
    I have a For Honor beta download that is called a preload except the download is expected to last 99+ hours, so I guess the PSN store might be a little slow :wink:

It speed picked up later today, so I moght think there might have been a peak moment or so...

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Well, I pushed my way up to floor 21. That floor 20 boss was stupid and bad for multiple reasons.

I immediately died in two hits to the first enemy on 21. I hit him for just about no damage. But beating the boss didn't unlock new fighters like on floor 10. And all of my armor is 2 stars and +4. So...there's no way for me to power up any further as far as I can tell. I could look up where materials drop and grind for different armor, but it won't really be any better than what I already have.

I'm not sure if it expects me to die repeatedly searching for new blueprints or what. Or farm up the invisibility mushrooms to cheese enemies and hope for armor and weapon drops from them? I really have no clue what to do here, I was really expecting it to unlock new fighters so I could up my level to be competitive again.
    I do hope you activated your elevator at floor 21.

I remember my first encounter at F21, it was a screamer with a flaming sword, which sliced me up completely...

I've been going through the lower floors of 20-23 equipped with sword in left hand, iron in right hand, decked out in 2-start +4 armor, hoping not to encounter anyone with swords.

Lances and steel axes are easy to avoid, and claws, well, I have the Poison Master decal :wink:

Even now as a grade 4 defender with 3000+ health, getting ambushed by a screamer with a sword is still quite lethal...

So pray for no-sword guys...

And them for visiting the trap area in Kawabe and praying it will drop a black metal...

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Yeah, I took the elevator down, got equipped, then went up to explore. Immediately died. And had to grind and open all my mail to get the 50k to recover my fighter.

So the plan really is just rush through floors to 25 or whatever opens up new fighters, huh? I assume while spending plenty of cash on revives...

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    There is a floor in the daily rotation where you can go to (with a green elevator), and it went from 22-26-29 or something (I got gruesomely killed on floor 29) but that'll let you unlock a lot of fighters and grade 4 (do have 25k money ready to create your grade 4 defender)...

My grade 3-collector that made that trip is still lying dead on floor 29 (Banzai or something) (carrying two blueprints I found there), but costs 112k to resurrect.

In the meantime I created a grade 4 defender and leveled her up completely (thanks to loads of gold snails to stomp) with which I am slowly clearing the lower floors of 21-25.

I managed to kill F23 Goto with her when someone dropped a pork chopper, and it took a really long time to kill Coen on F26 Oshimi... I haven't even thought about trying to kill F26 Jin-Die, because I am not fond of that woman...

I am really happy with my Poison Master decal (you can get one by trading in the correct shrooms, which you will mostly get from expeditions, the regular Tank decal (I haven't gotten a bigger one) and the Vampire decal (also available with Bronze or Silver skillshrooms...

So it might be a kind if one-way trip once you get in that floor, because things need a lot of hits and I was going through weapons very quickly...

After a while F21 Akimi is okay, but F22 Kawabe is so big, and the trap there is usually very far away...

In the beginning Longsword + Iron were good, now I've switched to Fencing Saber + Iron, together with my 3-star Nail Gun...

It's really the hard bit now, pasr floor 20+...

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    There is a floor in the daily rotation where you can go to (with a green elevator), and it went from 22-26-29 or something (I got gruesomely killed on floor 29) but that'll let you unlock a lot of fighters and grade 4 (do have 25k money ready to create your grade 4 defender)...

My grade 3-collector that made that trip is still lying dead on floor 29 (Banzai or something) (carrying two blueprints I found there), but costs 112k to resurrect.

In the meantime I created a grade 4 defender and leveled her up completely (thanks to loads of gold snails to stomp) with which I am slowly clearing the lower floors of 21-25.

I managed to kill F23 Goto with her when someone dropped a pork chopper, and it took a really long time to kill Coen on F26 Oshimi... I haven't even thought about trying to kill F26 Jin-Die, because I am not fond of that woman...

I am really happy with my Poison Master decal (you can get one by trading in the correct shrooms, which you will mostly get from expeditions, the regular Tank decal (I haven't gotten a bigger one) and the Vampire decal (also available with Bronze or Silver skillshrooms...

So it might be a kind if one-way trip once you get in that floor, because things need a lot of hits and I was going through weapons very quickly...

After a while F21 Akimi is okay, but F22 Kawabe is so big, and the trap there is usually very far away...

In the beginning Longsword + Iron were good, now I've switched to Fencing Saber + Iron, together with my 3-star Nail Gun...

It's really the hard bit now, pasr floor 20+...

I'd say that you're through the worst of it. If you've beat Goto and Coen then you should be able to clear out the rest of the 20s bosses with slowshrooms.

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    My Iron sometimes bugs out; it disappears, which is very annoying, when I suddenly am punching people instead of spraying hot vapor in their faces. The weird thing is, every second punch my hand hisses (or farts) and I do around 4 times regular punch damage; I can't use my Rage Vapor because it is confused whether I am using my fist or an invisible iron...

And after I've gotten the welding gun blueprint, of course the "kill 30 people with lightning weapons" is bugged :sad:

• Options
    ImperatorXXVImperatorXXV Registered User regular
    Been enjoying this game a whole lot. The amount of style it has is off the charts and it is a ridiculously charming game. Only have about 2 hours in and I'm taking it slow. I pretty much punch everything then last hit it with a weapon for the skill up. I have a feeling I'm close to the first boss based on what little I saw on Woolie's stream. I have yet to die once so all my DSouls skills are paying off.

r7r7a0.gif
  • Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    weapon level ups come fast enough as is.

Always punch em out when you can, fists take foreverrr to level up.

No Great Name on
    PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    I wish the Luck stat would increase the chances of mats you actually need turning up

I ran past about thirty iron scraps in my last grind, of which I need one before all of the gear I care about is upgraded into wire mountain territory

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Had a butt-clenching moment today... I wanted to explore floor 27 behind the F26 Coen, and I equipped 3 of my neatest sabers and 3 irons and a dinky nail gun...

So I went up, and up, and when I was near the end of floor 28, most of my weapons were broken... So it was the question of "push on, or go back?"...

I decided to push on, went carefully through floor 29, where I ended in the trap area at the end... My final saber could maybe strike twice or three times, my iron was almost depleted, and I was facing 4 Mk-4 Scratch Tubers (the regular ones)...

Did you know that they need about 20-30 punches a piece to go down?

And the the 4 hovering Mk-4 tubers arrived...

Shooting my final nails at them, I managed to dispatch two. Luckily the remaining two didn't attack at the same time, so I could kite one a bit away, and killed it with my final sword and iron...

I can tell you, the final Mk-4 Hovering Tuber with no weapons and no clothes (luckily I had a "healing" snail nearby) was a fight that took a while...

But I defeated it! So there I was going up the floor 30 escalator praying that the elevator would be close (I still haven't unlocked the central F27 elevator)...

And there was Uncle Death with his "Are you ready for your third challenge?" and I went "Nope!" straight to the elevator down :biggrin:

I needed to relax afterwards a bit :wink:

• Options
    Higher tier hover tubers get more hesitant about doing their dive attack which can make them super annoying

Steam ID
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    I just encountered a new weapon in the hands of a hunter. I went from "maybe I can take her out and steal it" to "nopenopenope" in one blast of electricity.

Rhesus Positive on
  • Options
    Note that tomorrow/this evening there will be a maintenance period lasting 5 hours.

• Options
    Yeah, I just got the warning while playing, so I booked it to an elevator. Being mid-run during a maintenance period seemed like a bad idea. It wasn't that much of a wrench, as for some reason I was getting hammered by level 1 guys - my helmet broke by Floor 2, whereas my last run I was able to make it last until Floor 10.

Finally maxed out my unarmed skill, though, so that was a good use of my time.

• Options
    Yeah, and now a HUUUUGE patch is coming in (as if you're downloading the game all over again...)

• Options
    Man, this patch simply takes hours to get in :bigfrown:

I tried to pause and resume trick, and it basically starts all over again from the beginning :bigfrown:

• Options
    Yay, patch finally finished :biggrin:

And they've fixed the expedition nonsense of giving loads of 1 SPLithium stacks! (everything is in one stack now).

According to their Twitch, this patch is mainly a bugfix patch/UI patch, so apparently a bunch of quests are fixed?
    I'll know later when I try some of the easier quests that earn me medals (it should be easier now with the Kill all enemies quests" apparently...)

• Options
    templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    Yay, patch finally finished :biggrin:

And they've fixed the expedition nonsense of giving loads of 1 SPLithium stacks! (everything is in one stack now).

According to their Twitch, this patch is mainly a bugfix patch/UI patch, so apparently a bunch of quests are fixed?
    I'll know later when I try some of the easier quests that earn me medals (it should be easier now with the Kill all enemies quests" apparently...)

I haven't done any expedition stuff. Is that where someone puts a red-name Hunter in your game?

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • Options
    No, expedition is basically whenever you have spare fighters in your freezer, you can "send them out".

This will result in YOUR fighter that is sent becoming a hunter.

Basically you always set them to go hunting for an hour, and it has no risk to your fighter you send; after an hour they come back and fill your reward box with a a bit of SPLithium, and food items; sometimes you might get money or even a piece of equipment or a weapon.

You can always recall a fighter on an expedition if your currently controlled fighter is killed and you don't have enough kill coins the return the haterfied version back home.

It's a way to get a bit of money and SPLithium and loads of food/shrooms, with no risks attached. You can even send a level 1 fighter away.

Now some people make their hunters as lethal as possible, which is really annoying; yesterday I got killed twice by super-equipped hunters with very lethal weapons. But most of the time you might just have encountered hunters that a naked and fighting with their fists. In a sense, you want to send hunters that not essentially kill opponents, but are strong enough to be able to survive the regular screamers on the level.

But you can't know where they'll end up; I sent a guy on an expedition to hunt someone on level 25, and he ended up on level 35, and suddenly I had a lot of turtles.

If you see people on F13 Okusa, it's always good to send people on expedition there, because the chance is quite big they'll return with a golden snail.

Sending people on expedition on floors between 11 and 19 gives you quite of bit of chance to let them come back with transaparangus, the invisibility shroom.

TL;DR: always send your spare guys (that aren't currently defending your waiting room) on expedition for an hour, you won't lose anything, you'll gain stuff, and it's the game's way of making you log in regularly to empty your rewards box and send them out again.

• Options
    You're far better off sending people on expeditions than putting them on base defence

Steam ID
  • Options
    Raiding wound up being kinda pointless, as everyone just learned to leave no money/SP in the bank when they leave their waiting room or log off.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Raiding can be useful if you need to farm SP. Helps if you hit silver so that you get a bonus 2k gold/sp per run.

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
  • Options
    No, expedition is basically whenever you have spare fighters in your freezer, you can "send them out".

This will result in YOUR fighter that is sent becoming a hunter.

Basically you always set them to go hunting for an hour, and it has no risk to your fighter you send; after an hour they come back and fill your reward box with a a bit of SPLithium, and food items; sometimes you might get money or even a piece of equipment or a weapon.

You can always recall a fighter on an expedition if your currently controlled fighter is killed and you don't have enough kill coins the return the haterfied version back home.

It's a way to get a bit of money and SPLithium and loads of food/shrooms, with no risks attached. You can even send a level 1 fighter away.

Now some people make their hunters as lethal as possible, which is really annoying; yesterday I got killed twice by super-equipped hunters with very lethal weapons. But most of the time you might just have encountered hunters that a naked and fighting with their fists. In a sense, you want to send hunters that not essentially kill opponents, but are strong enough to be able to survive the regular screamers on the level.

But you can't know where they'll end up; I sent a guy on an expedition to hunt someone on level 25, and he ended up on level 35, and suddenly I had a lot of turtles.

If you see people on F13 Okusa, it's always good to send people on expedition there, because the chance is quite big they'll return with a golden snail.

Sending people on expedition on floors between 11 and 19 gives you quite of bit of chance to let them come back with transaparangus, the invisibility shroom.

TL;DR: always send your spare guys (that aren't currently defending your waiting room) on expedition for an hour, you won't lose anything, you'll gain stuff, and it's the game's way of making you log in regularly to empty your rewards box and send them out again.

Yeah, I get that expedition is sending people out. I was wondering if that was what causes hunters to appear in the target's game. I was never a red phantom in Dark Souls, so I'd prefer not to, but if I just send a naked guy in, that's probably okay. Right?

And here I thought the login bonus, the Uncle Death bonus, the express pass bonus, and the rotating room schedule were the ways the game had of making you log in every day!

• Options
    OK, I just need to farm 3 Copper Wire Mountains and my Cleaver Saber will be a lovel 3-star +4 :biggrin:
    And my Priest Coat 3-star version is also almost +4, so I should be slightly more effective.

I tried out fighting Jin-Die on F26, and I died horribly, because I didn't too enough damage, ran put of slowshrooms and healing stuff, and then she was just shooting at me from above, only appearing seldomly on ground level, which meant that all these melee weapons were reasonably useless...

I might for my next run just chomp up 10 shrooms from the golden snails, so that I am immune for fire and electricity (but sadly, poison too) for 20 minutes or so (I might have around 20 of those in my storage), so that I can ignore her electric bolts...

But hey, she was tough at F6, at F16, at F20 and definitely at F26... I hope that'll be the last time I'll see her...

• Options
    *cough*F38*cough*

Steam ID
  • Options
    I was able to clear three or four of the "kill everyone with restrictions" quests yesterday. Either the patch made them easier or I was just sucking at them previously. I only realised yesterday that "climb to x without doing y and kill everyone" includes the floor that you finish on.

• Options
    I was able to clear three or four of the "kill everyone with restrictions" quests yesterday. Either the patch made them easier or I was just sucking at them previously. I only realised yesterday that "climb to x without doing y and kill everyone" includes the floor that you finish on.

I find those quests conceptually easy, but if enemies start hitting each other (e.g. errant fireworks shot, hater beating up screamers), you just have to start over. I wonder if the patch fixed that!

• Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    Red-name hunters are giving me problems in this game. I'm usually okay against orange-name haters. Occasionally I'll get cocked up and miss a hit or two, or take a hit or two, but it's usually recoverable. But those red-named guys are brutal! I'm getting two-shot by most of them and then last night ended up getting insta-killed by one.

The real frustrating part is that I'm still only at floor 12, leveling up my first two-star fighters, and the game is sending level 49 red-name hunters after me.

26904.png
  • Options
    Yeah, if you're leveling up fighters, and you're not max health/vitality/stamina, RUN!

Even fully leveled, I can easily get murdered by a hunter that is fully armored and wielding VERY nasty weapons.
    If you see a naked one punching people, or one with a buzzsaw or something, then they can be killed.

But red names with machetes/swords/sabers are dangerous and deadly as hell...

As far as I know, the Twitch stream mentioned they fixed the "climb quests" as they call them.
    There are some regular quests that are still broken (Kieran-Jima, collect fish, Reversal Mk1, Lightning weapons)...

• Options
    OK, I just ragequit with F26 Jin-Die...

I have 21 spots in my bag, but you carry at least 6 weapons. You have 3 spots with clothes. I carry 4-5 Lizards for healing, because, well, she will hit me and hurtme plenty. I carried 6 Slowshrooms and 2 Transparunguses.

Sadly, my +4 saber does not enough damage. The 2-star iron, not enough (3 star irons need red metals, above F30). My assault rifles were acceptable (and useful for shooting her afar).

I managed to get her into the yellow, but she still horribly murdered me. At one point she does her puke attack, and say goodbye to your armor and your life then (yep, even my 660+ def +4 3-star priest coat). My pillbug cooked shroom barely saved me.

But then it's a lost cause. You have no armor, you go to your healshrooms like no tomorrow, and she is shooting HOMING projectiles at you at that point.

I hear you saying "use the scorpion shrooms" but hey, when she hits my defender without the -def penalty that those shrooms give me, and I barely survive...

So I died. I had no death metals left, so I decided, you know, I'll try that insurance, so annoying woman, take me to the playstation store.

"Content not found".

Yup, I could not buy death metals at the moment of death.

OK, I'll go to the PSN store by myself, buy a 6 euro pack of 10 metals there.

OF COURSE you need to restart your game in order to get your metals.

At that moment, I pressed "accept death, close application" instead of throwing my controller through my TV.

So yeah, all my transparanguses, a lot of slowshrooms are gone, and I have a 92K corpse resurrection fee.

When I look at Youtube movies about that fight, everyone is using the Pork Chopper, which is very nice but I don't have that plan yet... And as soon as I have a bit of money I get raided, so I am pretty sure that if that's a blueprint that is sold in a shop, it's a 120k blueprint. And my bank is currently limited to 120k.

Oh yes, and most of the time, as soon as you've gotten through Kaine and Shimenomo to the spot where she resides, one or more weapons will already be broken...

Grrrrrrrrrr....

I dare not think how F30 will be, probablya bigger bullet sponge (I saw that it's a GOTO variant)...

Sorry, I had to vent a little. If you have any suggestions how a defender with 21 slots can tackle her, and if you know which weapons melt her, feel free to give tips.

TL;DR: This game has made me very angry.

• Options
    edited January 2017
    I wish I could offer you better advice but I don't actually recall having much difficulty with that fight. Just did it with a +2 or 3 saber and a couple slow shrooms. Are you using a Striker? 'Cause if not you're leaving a lot of damage on the table. Also if you're willing to burn through some sabers you could go in with full rage and just repeatedly do saber rage attacks while in slow mo for massive dps

edit: oh yeah, also damage buff shrooms (sting and crush), always damage buff shrooms. After floor 20 taking damage from bosses doesn't have to be a thing unless you get desperate, slow shrooms, or invincibility after 30, negate boss damage (invisibility too I guess, but I never used them because they were hard to find so I never got them until I discovered Okusa expedition farming late game). In case you don't know you can eat multiple of the same type of shrooms and it will stack the duration, so you can just eat a bunch of all your buffs before triggering the boss (cut scene won't drain duration).

double edit: don't use defenders, a class based around getting hit is bad. I think the only classes worth bothering with are strikers for getting shit done or collectors for... collecting (unless you want a gun primary class which I never bothered with, in which case go for shooter). You might have to slap a dex discount on a striker to use the saber but those are cheap and the your higher str will more than make up for the lost decal slot (that might only be for the 4* saber, I forget)

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
  • Options
    Your plan to give them a lot of money for continues is probably what the developers want, and any other way to cheese the fight and make it actually winnable will likely take a ridiculous amount of setup and grinding.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Your plan to give them a lot of money for continues is probably what the developers want, and any other way to cheese the fight and make it actually winnable will likely take a ridiculous amount of setup and grinding.

Death metals aren't actually all that helpful for later bosses, nor do they really provide shortcuts for progression.

Steam ID
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Basically if you go into that fight with the same weapon but a leveled up Striker instead, while hopped up on string and crush shrooms, you'll probably be doing something like 4 times the damage you were. She shouldn't last more than a couple slowshrooms, healing items shouldn't even have to come into the picture. Same with the F30 boss.

Obviously bring extra shrooms just in case

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
  • Options
    Ok, off to level a striker then. Thanks for the advice!

• Options
    Dogbone33Dogbone33 I bleed Red and Gold! State of ConfusionRegistered User regular
    So I was raiding as Illinois is in a fight with California and it gave me the option to fight a rank 1 person. I thought great easy points. I'm using +2 hammers and couldn't even destroy the bank. This person dumped everything into bank and tank defense. It was nuts. I timed out at a combined 48%

Play Diablo 3 RoS with me. PSN-Dogbone19

Play Fanduel. One Day Fantasy Leagues use my referral

Be my friend on Magic Online! Dogbone19 is me.
  • Options
    That's my strategy now that I've maxed out my character bank: attrition. A full complement of fighters in defence, to whittle down the time before anyone gets to the central room, and I upgrade my bank and tank whenever possible. If I can't stop a raider, I can at least make it annoying.

I lose out on having Fighters run errands for me, but I enjoy the grind so I don't mind. Last night I found two skillshrooms growing next to each other, which allowed me to pick up a Poison Eater decal for the first time. You don't get that kind of thrill when you send Haters out to do your work for you :P

• Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    There's a dude on my revenge list with 8 defenders. I can kill them all, but that only leaves me with about 60 to 45 seconds to kill the bank/tank. I can usually get one, but not the other. Must. Go. faster!

26904.png
  • Options
    I have to admit, I haven't raided yet (besides the tutorial mission)...

• Options
    Being on the winning side in a fight gets you a decent amount of currency, plus the currency you get for winning each raid.

You know, assuming that you don't die instantly to a bullshit defender with a sniper rifle and three star iron