As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] Patches is a good card

• DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited January 2017

i try to make decks that give my opponent that very feeling. daring report? so much fun.

but of course this also means I ain't breaking 16. . .

alternatively dropping down to 1 HP with a mill deck and activating reno feels amazing.

edit: or when up against a reno kaz warlock your draw your beneath the grounds as your 29th card.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Just because Dirty Rat is 2 mana doesn't mean you should play him on turn 2: https://hsreplay.net/replay/NqRM9G9KZP84LHfqt9xr6B

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I'm going to start streaming now. Tune in and chat me up or suggest decks.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited January 2017

not sure what's happening here ( no sound but maybe thats not needed)

he concedes before the pyro interacts, but other than that he still seemed pretty fucked?

edit: or is it that he thought she had lethal left while she was 1 short?

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    bwanie wrote: »

not sure what's happening here ( no sound but maybe thats not needed)

he concedes before the pyro interacts, but other than that he still seemed pretty fucked?

edit: or is it that he thought she had lethal left while she was 1 short?

She was 1 off lethal and he was playing aggro shaman with 4 damage on board/hand (plus 0-2 from hero power depending on which it is) so he just needed to topdeck 1-3 damage which isn't even unlikely.

• bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    yeah he probably counted the bluegills and forgot about pyro taking them out

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    It is pretty funny to be able to see the reaction of both sides there. I always wonder what the other person is thinking when I top deck something perfect (or more likely hero power for 4 turns then concede).

PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    I never realized how annoying/good Reno Priest can be. Sometimes they have the answer for everything that comes their way.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
    I got 5 new, and completely random, viewers last night. One guy told me he just jumped into the stream because he was drunk. OK, lol! Played a bunch of very random decks and even a few matches against the chat. Pretty cool to have some non-PA viewers.

Gonna stream sometime today, which you should all tune in for since it's my 41st birthday. Man I'm old...

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    lwt1973 wrote: »
    I never realized how annoying/good Reno Priest can be. Sometimes they have the answer for everything that comes their way.
    I played against a Reno Mage today and played 3 10 mana Kazakus spells. It must be depressing for them to play games where their Ice Block will literally never activate.

• MMMigMMMig Registered User regular

Apparently, having 2 rags on your board can be very good!

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Another month of a frustrating grind at rank 16. A turn 0 loss for every win. I just want my rare, godammit.

Update: No, 2 turn 0 losses for every win. Down to rank 17-0 now.

forty on
    so how do you beat jade decks? do you want to race to the face or keep their board clear or what is the deal there

steam_sig.png
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    so how do you beat jade decks? do you want to race to the face or keep their board clear or what is the deal there

Tempo and a wide, high health board if you can swing it (since Druid doesn't really have AoE).

• BreakfastPMBreakfastPM Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I got 5 new, and completely random, viewers last night. One guy told me he just jumped into the stream because he was drunk. OK, lol! Played a bunch of very random decks and even a few matches against the chat. Pretty cool to have some non-PA viewers.

Gonna stream sometime today, which you should all tune in for since it's my 41st birthday. Man I'm old...

I've enjoyed your streams the times I've caught them but usually they're soooo late for me.

• djFindusdjFindus Registered User regular

Depends on what you are playing but mostly board precense and hitting their face unless there is a good trade to be made. Prioritize a wide, high health board and force him to play removal instead of ramping/developing his jades. Save some burn for reach because he had some fat ass taunts.

• Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    My cringe play of the week:

I'm playing a dragon priest variant that includes Ysera. I'm facing lethal with a lone Ysera on my side of the board but I'm not worried because I have Ysera Awakens in hand and that plus Ysera was exactly lethal. All I had to do was heal myself first because I was at 5 health.

I forgot to heal myself first.

So that'd have been a tie. But there's more. I wanted to show off and give my opponent a moment to realize they're about to lose. So instead of going face with Ysera, I played Ysera Awakens first. Yeah.

MSL59.jpg
  • Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    man i just started playing dragon priest this weekend

i love it

i don't know if i have all the cards i need, but i threw in divine spirit and inner fire just to give myself two win conditions

very nice, i like this

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular

holy bananas dude, you look freaking amazing for 41! I wouldn't have put you a day past 33.

Whether I keep that card in my mulligan or toss it, it sure as shit is gonna be in my hand turn 1 anyway.

• Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    paladin lays down some shit on turn 2

i kill it

he concedes

what

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    Whether I keep that card in my mulligan or toss it, it sure as shit is gonna be in my hand turn 1 anyway.

This just drives me up the wall.

I'm running out of walls.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
    Bliss 101 wrote: »
    My cringe play of the week:

I'm playing a dragon priest variant that includes Ysera. I'm facing lethal with a lone Ysera on my side of the board but I'm not worried because I have Ysera Awakens in hand and that plus Ysera was exactly lethal. All I had to do was heal myself first because I was at 5 health.

I forgot to heal myself first.

So that'd have been a tie. But there's more. I wanted to show off and give my opponent a moment to realize they're about to lose. So instead of going face with Ysera, I played Ysera Awakens first. Yeah.

i want to thank you for this post.

i probably would have just killed my own minions and missed lethal with Ysera Awakens if I didn't read this.

steam_sig.png
    MMMig wrote: »

This just drives me up the wall.

I'm running out of walls.

i did this earlier today because I realized I had a headache and didn't want to sit through a game.

coincidentally I was also playing paladin.

steam_sig.png
    edited January 2017
    Actual situation that just played out for me:

Savannah Highmane in my mulligan. "No thanks. I don't need a 6 drop in my opening hand." Toss Savannah Highmane. My mulligan gets replaced with Sylvanas. My turn 1 draw is Savannah Highmane. My turn 4 draw is the other Savannah Highmane.

Seriously, Blizzard. Just save me the time and take a star away before even throwing me into the "game."

forty on
  • djFindusdjFindus Registered User regular

Savannah Highmane in my mulligan. "No thanks. I don't need a 6 drop in my opening hand." Toss Savannah Highmane. My mulligan gets replaced with Sylvanas. My turn 1 draw is Savannah Highmane. My turn 4 draw is the other Savannah Highmane.

Seriously, Blizzard. Just save me the time and take a star away before even throwing me into the "game."

Clicking ranked play should simply award or take a star from you at random

djFindus wrote: »

Now we're talking! That'd save a lot of time and be the exact same experience at the rank I'm at.

• CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    I honestly don't remember ranked being this brutal even at the shitty ranks this late in the month.

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    djFindus wrote: »

Now we're talking! That'd save a lot of time and be the exact same experience at the rank I'm at.

play a different deck? no one should be having that experience and it's unfortunate to me that that would be anyone's perspective on the game.

not sure why you'd keep playing a game where you don't feel like your input means anything. you can't even enjoy your wins.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017

Welcome to the old farts club. Your AARP card and Hearing Aid mailers should be in the mail shortly.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
    edited January 2017
    Cog wrote: »
    I honestly don't remember ranked being this brutal even at the shitty ranks this late in the month.
    Besides just horrible luck, my only guess is that new/incomplete collection players are becoming more and more scarce on the ladder, bringing the average match difficulty up and in general deflating ranks. The game tells me that rank 15 is now top 30% for the season.

Oh, and I finally just hit 15 thanks to getting matched against 3 druids in a row that I was able to run over with face damage before they became impenetrable. I'm sure I lucked out in them not having the right removal, and one game I won a coin flip Deadly Shot on the Ancient of War over an Azure Drake.

I think my Elekk joust win rate was 1 out of 10 today.

forty on
    I'm gonna stream in about an hour or so when the kiddo takes her next nap. Will post when I go live.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • KetherialKetherial Registered User regular
    Oh, and I finally just hit 15 thanks to getting matched against 3 druids in a row that I was able to run over with face damage before they became impenetrable. I'm sure I lucked out in them not having the right removal, and one game I won a coin flip Deadly Shot on the Ancient of War over an Azure Drake.

even without yogg, there really is so, so much rng in this game that is dumb.

i'm crushing my opponent and have lethal on the board including a 14/9 jade reporter with taunt (shield of argus) with 2 other minions. opponent dirty rats out something, then mct -> of course he gets the huge jade reporter and wins the game off her back.

sometimes i just shake my head and wonder how anyone at all can take this game seriously.

doesn't mean it's not fun. it is fun! but it's impossible for me to consider skill the main win condition in this game.

• ShenShen Registered User regular
    Hearthstone keeps getting stuck on finding opponent on PC for me. Reinstalled, tried Fix and Repair. Any suggestions?

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
    Light googling suggests that is generally a connectivity issue of some sort. May be some internet issues due to the ice storm going on in the Midwest. You might just be boned and have to wait? Otherwise try on your phone/tablet if that's an option?

• Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    Yesterday my Patches survived for five turns and also enabled a turn 3 Bloodsail Cultist on a 2-durability rusty hook, effectively doing 9 damage over the course of the game.

But he's really not all that impactful, right?

As I promised, my birthday Hearthstone stream is live! Drop in, say hi, and make deck suggestions.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    edited January 2017
    hungry dragon pulling a pit snake

thanks buddy.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
    As I promised, my birthday Hearthstone stream is live! Drop in, say hi, and make deck suggestions.

I talked him into playing a crazy deck, watch him hemorrhage ranks!