As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Come post pictures of your [Gunpla] & other scale models in this thread

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    They had that online questionnaire that I think mentioned P-Bandai. They're at least aware that their fanbase outside of Japan wants access to P-Bandai stuff.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Huh, they have an official page dedicated to telling you how to use buying services: http://p-bandai.jp/bc/images/net-s_tokushu/international_delivery.html?utm_source=cb_guide

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    8gGjdGl.jpg

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    I am finishing the Bandai Red 5 X-Wing.

Not sure if I would recommend it to most. Unlike the other rebel fighters, this one relies way more on decals/stickers for colors and it you use the stickers they do not work very well. The stickers for the tiny R2 straight up just do not work.

You pretty much need to paint/weather everything to make it look good.

The A-Wing and Y-Wing are way better.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    I am finishing the Bandai Red 5 X-Wing.

Not sure if I would recommend it to most. Unlike the other rebel fighters, this one relies way more on decals/stickers for colors and it you use the stickers they do not work very well. The stickers for the tiny R2 straight up just do not work.

You pretty much need to paint/weather everything to make it look good.

The A-Wing and Y-Wing are way better.

The blue one is the same. It comes with both stickers and waterslides though, so you could use the waterslide set. Personally, I think they are great if you plan on painting. I wish they had a 1/36 scale x-wing.

Heffling on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Oh god I lost a tiny vernier thruster from this RG kit. There is no way I'm finding it : (

Edit: is there any chance I can get a replacement in any way?

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    NSDFRandNSDFRand FloridaRegistered User regular
    I think if you got it through Bluefin they will order you a replacement runner. But their order form might be down due to back orders. I lost a polycap for a kit and had to rebuy the entire kit.

• Options
    HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    So that gunpla a few pages back. Gaddess, is that her name?

Steam: poetic_gecko.
    2DS/3DS Friend code 0361-7385-2366
    Twitter: @PoeticGecko
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular

Yep.

Sadly, it's been a while since the last print run, so it's kind of expensive at the moment. Probably best to wait for it to come around again unless you find a deal in person.

They always come around again.

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Starting on the decals now...might take a while

• Options
    HyperBalladHyperBallad A ball of vivid colour and barely contained emotions Sydney. Lost in time and space.Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

Yep.

Sadly, it's been a while since the last print run, so it's kind of expensive at the moment. Probably best to wait for it to come around again unless you find a deal in person.

They always come around again.

She will go on the list I will give to my local gunpla shop owner who I'm on first name-Facebook friends basis with.

Steam: poetic_gecko.
    2DS/3DS Friend code 0361-7385-2366
    Twitter: @PoeticGecko
  • Options
    NSDFRand wrote: »
    I think if you got it through Bluefin they will order you a replacement runner. But their order form might be down due to back orders. I lost a polycap for a kit and had to rebuy the entire kit.

I think I will just sculpt a replacement. I have three other examples to work from and it's hardly a complex piece. Color matching will be a bitch though. They are easily the smallest individual pieces I have ever worked with tho. And I've done micro armour

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »

I think I will just sculpt a replacement. I have three other examples to work from and it's hardly a complex piece. Color matching will be a bitch though. They are easily the smallest individual pieces I have ever worked with tho. And I've done micro armour

You can always check the carpet again. I've found similarly tiny parts with a bit of a look. It's not easy, but giving up hope too soon makes me feel like an idiot if I find the part later.

• Options
    chiasaur11 wrote: »

You can always check the carpet again. I've found similarly tiny parts with a bit of a look. It's not easy, but giving up hope too soon makes me feel like an idiot if I find the part later.

It's lost on hardwood. Under a bed.

Even odds that my sweeping has just pushed it between the boards or it's stuck in the bed frame somewhere or founds its way into one of the dust bunnies that are no joke 10x its volume.

I haven't given up hope but am already thinking through how to replace it. I could quite possibly carve a half decent replacement out of the sprue if I make a tiny lathe

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    They also sell a Vernier set.

51aRQxb66SL._SL1000_.jpg

• Options
    NSDFRandNSDFRand FloridaRegistered User regular
    I recently watched the newest Origin OVA episode. So it made me think I should go back and finish the comic.

Now I want to try scratch building a 1/160 (roughly) scale Zanzibar for my MSIA display. But the shape is going to take vacu forming and I've never done that before.

• Options
    Heffling wrote: »

51aRQxb66SL._SL1000_.jpg

Those are way bigger. This is seriously a 1mm diameter thruster from the ankle of a zaku ii

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

51aRQxb66SL._SL1000_.jpg

Those are way bigger. This is seriously a 1mm diameter thruster from the ankle of a zaku ii

In that case, good luck finding it, or making your own replacement. I lost one of those tiny thrusters and some of the tube beads from my Zaku II and it took me the rest of the evening to find them. And that was on carpet in the relatively small area under my desk.

So many tiny pieces.

• Options
    see317 wrote: »

51aRQxb66SL._SL1000_.jpg

In that case, good luck finding it, or making your own replacement. I lost one of those tiny thrusters and some of the tube beads from my Zaku II and it took me the rest of the evening to find them. And that was on carpet in the relatively small area under my desk.

So many tiny pieces.

The tube beads are at least a nice light green.

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    at least its a thruster and not a forehead gem.

those things have a tendency to go flying and I basically superglue the dang things now.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    LogicReasonLogicReason Registered User regular
    High Mobility Zaku II complete!

tykyshg3n47n.jpg

Now a short break as I await replacement godhands.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Finally had some time to relax and put together the Kimaris Trooper this weekend.

It came with its own stand! More kits should do that.

• Options

I haven't felt this alive in a long time

• Options
    We are not worthy

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2017
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I love that zaku looking one

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    driftwood and Dra-C parts, i approve

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    How do decals work? I've never attempted them.

• Options

Depends on what kind. The above are stickers, which behave like, well, stickers.

Then there are waterslide decals and dry transfer decals. Those require some more work and care, but are generally "better" than stickers once applied properly. Layman's Gunpla Guide has nice info on both waterslide and dry transfer.

• Options
    So I got an award for a big project I finished last year, and soon will have the PG GP01FB. *squee*

• Options
    Renzo wrote: »

Depends on what kind. The above are stickers, which behave like, well, stickers.

Then there are waterslide decals and dry transfer decals. Those require some more work and care, but are generally "better" than stickers once applied properly. Layman's Gunpla Guide has nice info on both waterslide and dry transfer.

I'm working with waterslides, actually! Even though the RG Sinanju comes with stickers, I bought the decals produced for the HG since they're the same scale

• Options
    Oh, awesome. Then salvaging that decal is even more impressive!

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    As a sign guy, I often wonder about doing my own little decal sets.
    Or maybe doing some proper wraps.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    how do waterslides and dry transfers work anyway
    are they like a special paint on a clear film?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    how do waterslides and dry transfers work anyway
    are they like a special paint on a clear film?

They are just different sorts of adhesive really

Waterslides are water activated and dry transfers are pressure activated

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    If I do a graze open hatch build could I name it Graze Anatomy

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    If I do a graze open hatch build could I name it Graze Anatomy

ugh

yes

• Options
    Here are my most recent builds, the MG Strike Rouge with Otori Pack and the Double X. The Strike Rouge took almost 3 weeks as I did a lot of painting on the Otori pack and panel lined the entire kit in brown to really capture the pinkish tone.

The Double X only took a week. It's an easier build, with much less detail work required. I will say if you like the look of a decalled kit but hate how many tiny decals you normally have to deal with, then you will love the Double X. It uses a moderate number of large decals to really good effect.

MG Strike Rouge with Otori Pack:

[img][/img]QwaJUjx.jpg
    Ns1OWrz.jpg

MG Double X:
    FmdwIRp.jpg
    2UvNHz9.jpg

As always, comments and feedback are welcome. I'm always looking to improve.

• Options
    And that will be the last anyone ever sees of the Gundam Double X. I placed it up high with my other "big wing" sets, and it decided it was a man of action, not made for standing around. So it lept 6 full feet to it's death.

Broke the v-fin in two locations, lost two of the golden reflector panels, snapped a pin that holds in one of the sattelite killer guns, and several other parts have issues that would have to be repaired.

:(

• Options
    LogicReasonLogicReason Registered User regular
    And that will be the last anyone ever sees of the Gundam Double X. I placed it up high with my other "big wing" sets, and it decided it was a man of action, not made for standing around. So it lept 6 full feet to it's death.

Broke the v-fin in two locations, lost two of the golden reflector panels, snapped a pin that holds in one of the sattelite killer guns, and several other parts have issues that would have to be repaired.

:(
    No :bigfrown: big enough.

:bro:

This discussion has been closed.