As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wireless Woes

GlorfindelGlorfindel Registered User regular
edited April 2007 in Games and Technology
I connected a wireless router to my modem about a month ago (using a D-Link DI-524 or something like that - I know, D-Link is shit, but it's all I have for the time being). Now, up until the last couple of days, everything has been fine. However, a few issues are cropping up, namely:

1) Internet - I often get "server cannot be found" errors.
2) Wireless Manager - I use the Inter(R) PROSet/Wireless manager on my laptop. It gives me an error, stating that my laptop is connected to a network with a default SSID with all the default settings, and this is a security issue.
3) People stealing my Internets - I live in a apartment complex, and I am fairly sure people are connecting to my wireless. I need help in putting a password on the network.

Please note: I am a total newb at this sort of stuff. Any help would be greatly appreciated :P

Glorfindel on