As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Games Done Quick: See You Next Mission

• Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    I've begun adding recommendations to the OP! Gimme your suggestions if you have any.

The Sunshine race is a must.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Your stuff came in?

My coin is hopefully coming in next week. Cannot wait to add it to the collection.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I haven't gotten mine yet.

• Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    I just got my AGDQ shirt in today (along with my Rowlett shirt).

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    I want to nominate the wind waker HD run. The commentary is good the entire run, the donations are funny, the crowd is involved,and I think it is a really good run as well. 4 hours is a long time but I highly enjoyed it.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »
    I want to nominate the wind waker HD run. The commentary is good the entire run, the donations are funny, the crowd is involved,and I think it is a really good run as well. 4 hours is a long time but I highly enjoyed it.

If nothing else, it's worth watching Link put Michael Phelps to shame.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    UGH! The Yetee sent me the wrong shirt. I already sent an email over to customer service, but I'm pretty upset given the (obvious) wait of the shipment. Now I have to wait and see if they have extra inventory of the shirt I wanted. Pretty sad.

Coin is rad though. Thing gloooooooooooows. Had it under my phone flashlight for only 10-15 seconds and it's very vibrant.

k1ggjmjihj40.png

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    UGH! The Yetee sent me the wrong shirt. I already sent an email over to customer service, but I'm pretty upset given the (obvious) wait of the shipment. Now I have to wait and see if they have extra inventory of the shirt I wanted. Pretty sad.

Coin is rad though. Thing gloooooooooooows. Had it under my phone flashlight for only 10-15 seconds and it's very vibrant.

k1ggjmjihj40.png

Awesome for the coin,not the shirt.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
    Damn. Games Done Quick has sold me on Yetee. Their designs + shirt quality are the best I've gotten from any online 'shirt of the day' site, to the point where basically everyone else's shirts are getting rotated out. And now I really regret not getting that coin.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    If anyone was thinking of going to SGDQ they already have the venue listed and information available for attending. The deadline for game submissions is coming up before mid-March; that's how in advanced they're working out the schedule.

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    I got my shirts 2 weeks ago and they're surprisingly comfy for the price. Not quite Red Bubble but not far off.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    I got my shirts a while back too. Ordered a L of the Final Fantasy 1 shirt, and a second non-charity shirt because the price was discounted anyway.

The large feels like an XL on me, which I don't mind one bit. I used to get shirts from ShirtPunch, TeeFury or Jinx and they would always feel a little snug. Nice to know I can fit into this shirt and it'll still be fine if I gain a bit of weight. :P

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options

Update on this from Good Guy Yetee, they're sending me my Cinders shirt and letting me keep the logo one they sent by error.

So yay, free shirt! Boo, more waiting.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    My coin was apparently eaten by the mail system. Also, I don't know who I'm talking to over there, but they seem to be fucking with my address.

I give them the work address (suite 300), they ask me to confirm my address which says Suite 500. Nope, I explain as much. They say that another coin will be sent out, reiterate the address, but this time the postal code has gone from ___ 3R4 to ___ 3R3.

Like, these are little things, but it feels like typos involved in what should be a simple copy/paste.

Order was placed Jan 9th.
    Shipped Jan 19th.
    6 weeks later, still no coin. :-(

They've said another will go out, which is appreciated, and I told them that if both manage to arrive somehow that I'd happily pay for the second (I'm not looking to get one free), but especially having seen the pics on that one above, I really hope at least one arrives eventually.

So I'm generally content with the service they're striving to give me, but as someone who got into selling and shipping challenge coins last year, it's a little funny to see all this play out.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    Hell yes! Okay things I'm looking forward to.

Castle of Illusion - Merely because it's the Genesis version which is the one I had available to me as a kid.
    Castlevania 3 - Trevor Only - 'Nuff said.
    Crypt of the Necrodancer - Just so I can be jealous of how fast they move through shit.
    Dark Souls 3 - woooo pro as fuck fighting.
    Dynamite Headdy - OH MY GOD THIS GAME <3
    Half-Life - Wonder how fast they've managed to cut it down to.
    MDK - Huh, curious to see how that game can be made short.
    Mega Man X2 - looks like a race.
    Metroid - duh
    Metroid Prime - see Metroid
    Mirror's Edge - Prime candidate for wtf.
    Shantae Half-Genie Hero - What the hell this just came out. Oh well, it'll be amazing.
    Startropics - This game is rigid as shit so how do you make it faster?
    Super Mario etc - I mean, it's Mario.
    TLoZ Link's Awakening - Races!
    Zelda 2 - No scroll lock, good, let's see some skill applied.

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Happily surprised they're already going to have a Nier Automata run. One handed even!

Was hoping for a Breath of the Wild race, but oh well.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    Yeah it's a little too soon for BOTW I think. It will for sure be at the next AGDQ for sure though.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Is it though? With Nier Automata on the list as well?

I mean, you can already youtube a bunch of BotW speedruns anyway, but may as well have it look official on a charity stream.

• Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    Tetris: The Grand Master is back! woo!

76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    The scope of BotW is different than Nier, and the latter is also a niche title.

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Breath of the Wild is a bonus run.

...There's a bit of controversy with it, though, since a lot of runners also thought it was a little too soon and decided to abstain but then one runner decided to submit anyway.

Eh, it's a big enough name that if the run evolves enough (which it probably will) I could imagine seeing it at AGDQ 2018 as well.

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    lost levels relay race

once again no mario maker

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    The SquareEnix representation this year looks a little slimmer than usual, too. There's almost always a charity shirt design based on a Square game though, so I'll happily take another Chrono Trigger inspired shirt to go with the Omega Flare shirt I picked up a while back, or as long as the FFVII one is decent, I'll grab that. Maybe both if the design gods are willing!

• Options
    Oh yeah, confirmed, Breath of the Wild is in as a bonus game. This is them responding to someone about it.

• Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    lost levels relay race

once again no mario maker

ALL the 2D Marios relay race, it looks like. That should be the hypest.

And finally we get to see a Ys speedrun on GDQ. I'm probably the only person who can't wait for that one.

• Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Excited for Actraiser and Gunvolt 2.

• Options
    All the bonus runs can be found here.
    • Breath of the Wild Any% by Orcastraw
    • Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment Any% by MunchaKoopas
    • Portal 2 Solo Coop by Azorae
    • Mega Man X Any% Buster Only by ColonelFatso
    • Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix LV1 Data Org RTA by Bl00dyBizkitz
    • Dark Souls Any% (Kiln Skip) by BubblesDelFuego

• Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Neveron wrote: »
    All the bonus runs can be found here.
    • Breath of the Wild Any% by Orcastraw
    • Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment Any% by MunchaKoopas
    • Portal 2 Solo Coop by Azorae
    • Mega Man X Any% Buster Only by ColonelFatso
    • Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix LV1 Data Org RTA by Bl00dyBizkitz
    • Dark Souls Any% (Kiln Skip) by BubblesDelFuego

Oooh, Shovel Knight

EDIT: Meant sincerely, not sarcastically

Nightslyr on
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Gonna pay to see ColonelFatso break his hand for charity

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Oh cool, Assault Android Cactus co-op is on there. That'll probably be quite the spectacle.
    Probably gonna try to tune in for Halo CE, nuDOOM, and TF2 as well.

• Options
    The one-handed Nier Automata Ending A run Halfcoordinated is doing will probably be pretty interesting, I think.

• Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    No Undertale this year? I figured it would be a staple for a time.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »

Scroll lock? Do you mean using the Fairy spell to get through locked doors?

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    I realize I'm missing the point, but runs which don't depend entirely on glitches are far more entertaining.

• Options
    Marty81 wrote: »

No, there's a trick where if the game receives left and right inputs at the same time, Link goes flying super fast. It's a means of getting through long rooms fast.

• Options
    Marty81Marty81 Registered User regular
    Marty81 wrote: »

No, there's a trick where if the game receives left and right inputs at the same time, Link goes flying super fast. It's a means of getting through long rooms fast.

Man the last time I paid attention to Zelda 2 speedrunning was like 2006. I used to run the game for fun. Apparently a lot of new stuff has been found since then.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Oh damn, they're leading off with a one-handed run of Nier?

Gotta make sure to catch that.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
This discussion has been closed.