As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] 3 Daily Login Mythril next five Fri-Sat-Sun; Anniversary Countdown!

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    I guess the upside is that there's not really anything must-have or gamebreaking between Raines's BSB and Cloud's USB. A more gradual escalation still would've been much better than this abrupt lurch, especially consider the simultaneous introductions of legend materia and LCSBs. Meanwhile, the other special-mode USB folks got pretty screwed in comparison.

I mean, sort of, this is some megawhale shit since it requires having 4 specific relics to make it go.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Knight_ wrote: »
    I guess the upside is that there's not really anything must-have or gamebreaking between Raines's BSB and Cloud's USB. A more gradual escalation still would've been much better than this abrupt lurch, especially consider the simultaneous introductions of legend materia and LCSBs. Meanwhile, the other special-mode USB folks got pretty screwed in comparison.

I mean, sort of, this is some megawhale shit since it requires having 4 specific relics to make it go.

Not really. You need:
    Cloud's USB (only used once)
    Zack's LCSB (only used once)
    Any enWind SB (or any Cloud enWind if his USB is used natively)
    Any imperil wind SB

And as it turns out, Cloud's USB, Zack's LCSB, AND Cloud's enWind BSB2 are on that banner. As long as you get Zack's LCSB or Cloud's USB (and have one of Cloud's enWind things), you can RW the other. Hell, if you have both, you can RW an enWind. Or you can also get Cloud's enWind jacket off Tyro Select 3, so that's basically a gimme if you care to spend the mythril to achieve native godhood. And even if you have something as 'crappy' as Cloud's enWind SB, that's 5.11/7 instead of 6.64/8, so it's still going to overkill it to a ridiculous degree. From there, just as many wind attacks as you can stack to boost the chain.

And his isn't even the strongest enWind SB out there on entry.

Since I've already got Faris's Imperil Wind, and Luneth's enWind BSB (6.24/8) and Cloud's enWind SB, I'd only need one of Cloud's USB or Zack's LSB to pull off the same thing, just maybe ~20% weaker.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    I foresee a lot of 8* guns when that banner drops (Rufus, Vincent, Barret).

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    looking at the upcoming summoner banner i went through and tallied up what i would hate to pull/dupes vs what i would genuinely want to pull

13 dupes vs 10 'would likes' alone, ignoring the stuff i would instantly rosetta as garbage, is making me hard lean towards 'don't pull'

this thinking made me abstain from the last celerity banner as well so i feel confident that my mythril is better spent elsewhere

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Yeah. < 50% is bad odds.

• Options
    i probably would have pulled if my DU lucky hadn't been such utter wank

• Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    GOOD GOD.

Finally mastered Zidane. Took me 7 different team loadouts and it really came down to a lucky run where he used his single target more than spamming his AoEs.

Even then it took two SSB blinks, including Arc's instant cast, plus Asylum to handle the incoming damage.

That fight was bullshit.

• Options
    I just noticed that Yda's Kaiser Knuckles have +Fire. Fun times.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I wish we could just use percentages on descriptions. Went into Garland Elite with Edgar OSB RW figuring moderate chance of blind/silence is great. After 15 reloads I look up the moderate chance to find its 15%. THAT IS NOT MODERATE!

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    The fact that megawhales can do silly things is not in itself cause for concern. What will be concerning is if large numbers of non-whales start reporting that they can't clear something. But like, OK, Cloud USB lets you break damage cap with anything, which is cool. If you're doing that, it means random individual hits of whatever soul break would have been way over 9999. If that's the case, an OSB on a similarly equipped and buffed character should probably be reaching 99999, right? By that point in the future, you will likely own multiple OSBs. Just putting three OSB hitters plus healer plus support on a team, you should have 900k of damage pre-loaded for a Full Throttle fight, before you even get started on 5* and 6* abilities that will hit for 20k or more an attack. So even that 300 difficulty Bahamut with 825k HP that counters anything with a heal for 9k should be getting blown up pretty easily.

Fry on
  • Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    I don't think that is quite how it will end up working for this particular fight, with it's ridiculously high defensive stats. The thing that is letting people break the fight is the combination of Cloud's USB allowing for individual hits to break 9999 (along with +30% damage and guaranteed criticals), Zack's Limit Chain giving the huge boost to wind attacks (and also +50% critical damage), Cloud's BSB2 (or similar, Zidane's new wind aura SSB would actually be better for this purpose if you're over the soft cap on attack) giving multiple hits that is boosting the Limit Chain bonus, plus Zack's BSB adding more wind hits to power up the limit chain and adding the stacking imperil. There is a lot of buff interaction there, enough that it is plausible that they didn't consider that this was a possibility.

You could get most of this effect by replacing Cloud's BSB2 with his SB Climhazzard (which is one of the relic choices on Tyro 3) or by calling in the USB on somebody with a wind aura soul break with a lot of hits such as Zidane with his new SSB, Luneth with his BSB or Cid with his upcoming 10 hit wind aura BSB. You could alternatively call in Zack's Limit Chain and use a different imperil wind soul break, the next best option being Zidane's BSB with six hits instead of eight. Either way you need at least one of Cloud's USB or Zack's Limit Chain, and preferably also Zack's BSB. Probably the best option would be to RW Cloud's USB onto Cid (VII) with his BSB, and have Zack's Limit Chain and BSB natively and then one more character with a wind soul break with a lot of hits. It's a fairly specific setup.

You could potentially get much of the same effect by using Cloud's USB as a RW onto Raijin with his BSB and chaining it together with a lightning imperil and Shantotto's Limit Chain, or similar combinations with Warrior of Light or Tidus CSBs. The Cloud + Zack combination is much more convenient, though, since Cloud's USB has wind as an element to add to the chain, but if you're calling it in as a RW you can do the USB before the CSB in whatever combination you are working on and get most of the effect. So really I think the combination of Cloud's USB and a CSB can break the game for several different elements right now.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    For the Summoner nightmare banner I count 15 relics I'd specifically like to get, an additional 8 which are "I'll take it" and 9 duplicates. Of the 9 duplicates, 5 of them would be welcome as stat stick upgrades as 5+/++/+++
    So, total count is 37.5% chance of getting something I actually want, ~57.5% chance of getting something which will expand my options, and a 70% chance of getting a general power boost with a 30% chance to get utter rubbish that I do not care about and are likely to be pure stat sticks.

I'll need to consider taking a pull out of my Fang/Lightning fund for this since caster stuff is something I really really should shore up.

edit:
    On second thoughts, realistically I should be looking at the that would represent an upgrade to a character's status in my composition.
    Terra's OSB, BSB, enFire SSB
    Rydia's BSB
    Rinoa's OSB
    Aerith's BSB
    Eiko's BSB
    Garnet's Enveloping Warmth SSB
    Yuna's BSB2 and Overheal Medica SSB
    Ashe's BSB

That's 11/40 for a 27.5% chance to get something that I really want. So this is going to be a pass. Contrast that to the banner I've got my eye on which is a near 100% of getting something that I'd want.

Takel on
    Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Darklyre wrote: »
    I gotta say, I am enjoying the shit out of this IX greens dungeon. Being able to super-level my IX characters is rather nice. Freya is the only one not yet capped at 80, while Kuja and Zidane have started the trek to 99.

This event is a godsend, even for my non IX guys. I finished out leveling up A team material, and now I'm working on level 99 RM grinds for Sephiroth, Echo, Serah and Balthier (getting Echo and Serah to 80).

• Options
    edited January 2017
    X banner review

Banner 1:
    Jecht OSB: It's an OSB! Unfortunately, it's a blitzball, which is not generally useful as a stat stick.
    Yuna BSB2: Holy boost MAG light armor. Cura medica with a party 30% MAG/MND buff. Command 1 is effectively Maduin/Valefor if you spam it. Command 2 is a standard medica command, or if you use one Command 1 first you get the standard medica plus a sprinkle of AOE damage with each use. The entry is not super powerful at healing (though the MND buff makes the medica command surprisingly good), but that nice stacking MAG buff is great for mage teams.
    Seymour BSB: It's an imperil (dark)! In isolation this is only slightly better than a basic mage burst, because it trades away potency for rarely-useful instant death and slow. However, if you have other Dark attackers, the imperil obviously juices them up a good deal, and the induced weakness charges his meter faster so it's more likely he'll be able to get a recast before the fight is over.
    Seymour SSB: Dark boost MAG light armor. En-dark. If you happen to pull this, you can give him Memento Mori and Dark Zone and drop him into a physical team and he'll do fine, but for an actual mage team you'd prefer almost any burst.
    Braska SSB3: Fire boost MAG staff. En-fire. A bit worse in isolation than Seymour's SSB.
    Braska SSB2: Holy boost MAG robe. A good mage buff (party high regen, quick magic 3, and 30% MAG).
    Kimahri SSB: Lifesiphonable Magic Blink is very good.
    Auron SB: Auron is a little squishy for Sentinel in fights where it'll be pulling magic. Can help you set up Drawtaliate, but there are lots of ways to do that nowadays, so don't aim for this.
    Tidus SB: Surprisingly good damage for a basic SB, a decent consolation prize.

Banner 2:
    Lulu BSB: Ice boost MAG light armor. Standard mage burst, although it does hit three elements where most mages only hit two.
    Jecht BSB: En-dark. Physical dark is still very awkward to take advantage of, though as usual you can do decently with just a bunch of Lifesiphons into repeated casts. Commands are very boring.
    Rikku BSB: It's an imperil (water)! I have this, and it's tough to take advantage because there just isn't much that hits water... unless you already have good stuff that hits water, in which case it's great. Has a Mug Bloodlust command, which is handy for that little extra bit of mitigation/damage boost.
    Yuna SSB2: Contender for best SSB medica. Curaga plus an extra 2000 is a silly amount of healing.
    Lulu SSB: Ice boost doll. En-ice. Not that exciting even if you like Lulu, and if you don't want to field her (or Ice Mage Tyro) this is literally useless.
    Rikku SSB: Mugs ATK/RES, so this is an ATK debuff that stacks with almost everything, so it's pretty good.
    Paine SSB2: En-water. Pretty good damage for an SSB. Combines well with the new double water spellblade in this event.
    Jecht SB: Auto stun is pretty cool when it works, particularly if you have multiple sources, but a lot of the hardest content is immune to it these days.
    Tidus SB: Surprisingly good damage for a basic SB, a decent consolation prize.

Overall:
    The first banner is pretty decent: two good mage buffs, along with Kimahri's magic blink and Seymour's serviceable burst and a total of four element boost items. If you're looking for an armor to equip your Cid Raines with burst, this is a pretty good banner to try on. The second banner is more tepid: Yuna SSB is great, Rikku SSB can be pretty good, the rest is not anything to get excited about. I can't recommend anyone pulling on banner 2, but banner 1 is a reasonable place to pull if those items match up well with your needs.

If you specifically want stuff to blow up the Torment dungeon, banner 2 is probably more relevant (Lulu BSB, Rikku BSB, Yuna SSB, Rikku SSB, Paine SSB), but I'd probably recommend waiting for either of the banners in the next X event instead. And relevant Tidus and Yuna pieces are pretty likely to show up on festival banners in the meantime.

Next X event:
    About four months away. Banner 1 features Tidus' Water chain SB, as well as Yuna USB, Auron BSB2, and Lulu BSB. Banner 2 has Jecht OSB, Paine BSB, Kimahri BSB, and Tidus BSB. Pretty much all of the good items from this event will be back then, along with the usual power creep (no sign of Seymour though, if he's your favorite). Neither of that event's banners are as dense on element boost gear as this event's banner 1, but there are several other upcoming events that have a similar or higher density of element boost gear.

Alternate opinions:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/5od26j/relic_discussion_a_dream_of_spira_ieyui_nobomeno/

eta:
    if you are planning on pulling on the Summoner nightmare banner, you might want to do that before pulling here, as the Yuna, Seymour, and Braska stuff will likely be in that pool.

Fry on
  • Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    I know banner 2 is pretty mediocre by any objective standard, but I have exactly one X item (Rikku's Machina Sabotage) and I at least kind of like the array of characters, so I think I'm going to pull once just for the heck of it. Probably dumb (I still doubt I'll be any position to do Cid missions afterwards), but whatever, 350 mythril and I'm skipping Tactics.

I'll have to wait until after the summon nightmare in case something bizarre happens, though.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    pulling 11x tonight to strengthen raines

anything i do get will aid me in the torment cm and one of the bsbs should be enough to get me a clear

• Options
    Still want a healer BSB. That Yuna burst looks good but not ideal. What healer BSBs are there on the Summoner nightmare banner? Which one should I pull on, if any?

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    A steak! wrote: »
    Darklyre wrote: »
    I gotta say, I am enjoying the shit out of this IX greens dungeon. Being able to super-level my IX characters is rather nice. Freya is the only one not yet capped at 80, while Kuja and Zidane have started the trek to 99.

This event is a godsend, even for my non IX guys. I finished out leveling up A team material, and now I'm working on level 99 RM grinds for Sephiroth, Echo, Serah and Balthier (getting Echo and Serah to 80).

It's also catching me up on greens. I've already got all the new time-limited stuff, and I'm working my way up to get the last stamina shard to get a set of 5.

Guessing that all my IX folks will be 80 by the time this is done, and all of my unmastered SBs will be mastered.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    Hm. Looks like my odds on have/don't have for the summoner banner, assuming SSB+, are 12/40. 14/40 if it's could use/don't want.

Fairly ok odds, there. And it contains several healer BSBs. I'm considering a pull. What day does it drop?

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    pulling 11x tonight to strengthen raines

anything i do get will aid me in the torment cm and one of the bsbs should be enough to get me a clear
    Ditto. This banner doesn't have any top-tier relics, but nothing on it is bad (possibly Auron SB, but even that isn't useless), and I reeeeally want some holy and dark boosting gear for Raines.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    Still want a healer BSB. That Yuna burst looks good but not ideal. What healer BSBs are there on the Summoner nightmare banner? Which one should I pull on, if any?

It should have Eiko and Aerith's. Eiko's is pretty darn good, although I don't hear much about Aerith's. I think it's pretty average, but something is better than nothing.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    The kicker about Braska's +fire staff is that Terra can't use it. I would actually consider pulling for it if she could equip Staffs to boost her own capabilities, but I wouldn't actually want it for Braska because he's inferior. :P

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options

It should have Eiko and Aerith's. Eiko's is pretty darn good, although I don't hear much about Aerith's. I think it's pretty average, but something is better than nothing.
    Aerith's is the most generic healer BSB possible. It has no useful side benefits but it heals the things. That makes it utterly unimpressive next to Eiko and Vanille, but it's arguably more useful (or at least more broadly useful) than some of the weird ones like Selphie or Minwu that don't heal on entry or are missing some other expected component.

It's the BSB equivalent of Penelo's SSB medica. It fully fills the need if you have nothing else at the tier but it doesn't really quell the hunger for upgrades.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular

Those are literally the two healer BSBs I have. Aerith's is kinda mediocre. But yeah, better than nothing.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Got Excalibur for Agrias and Kaiser Knuckles (complete with crazy mitigation soul break) for Yda from realm lucky draw.

Everything is coming up Dr. Chaos. Oh yes.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Nice. Forbidden Chakra is fun, and the fists are +Fire to begin with.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    looking at the upcoming summoner banner i went through and tallied up what i would hate to pull/dupes vs what i would genuinely want to pull

13 dupes vs 10 'would likes' alone, ignoring the stuff i would instantly rosetta as garbage, is making me hard lean towards 'don't pull'

this thinking made me abstain from the last celerity banner as well so i feel confident that my mythril is better spent elsewhere

Yeah, I'm leaning in the same direction.

I tallied up the stuff that would either be a dupe or I wouldn't care about, and it's 17 vs the 14 I'd actually want. With the rest being, "yeah, that's fine, I guess."

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Summoner lucky draw coming up around 1/27

Theoretical relic pool:
    OSBs: 4 Terra, Rinoa, Hope, Tyro
    BSBs: 14 Rydia, Krile, Terra, Aeris, Rinoa, Garnet, Eiko, Yuna1, Yuna2, Seymour, Ashe, Hope, Alphinaud, Tyro
    SSBs: 22 Arc1, Arc2, Rydia, Krile1, Krile2, Terra1, Terra2, Aeris, Rinoa, Garnet1, Garnet2, Eiko, Yuna1, Yuna2, Seymour, Braska1, Braska2, Braska3, Ashe, Hope, Alphinaud, Tyro

Rough rating of items:
    Instant A-team include: Eiko BSB, Yuna BSB2, Alphinaud BSB, Krile SSB2, Garnet SSB2
    Pretty good: Terra OSB, Rinoa OSB, Hope OSB, Aeris BSB, Rydia BSB, Krile BSB, Ashe BSB, Hope BSB, Arc SSB2, Yuna SSB2, Braska SSB2, Seymour BSB, Alphinaud SSB
    Usable: Tyro OSB, Terra BSB, Rinoa BSB, Garnet BSB, Seymour SSB, Tyro BSB, Terra SSB2, Garnet SSB1, Braska SSB3, Ashe SSB
    Bleh: Yuna BSB1, Arc SSB1, Rydia SSB, Krile SSB1, Terra SSB1, Aeris SSB, Rinoa SSB, Eiko SSB, Yuna SSB1, Braska SSB1, Hope SSB, Tyro SSB

(Some of these divisions are a little arbitrary, and I don't want to argue about them. Aeris BSB is "instant A-team include" if you don't have a healer BSB yet, but if you do, she's probably not going to displace anyone, etc.)

Comparison to a normal banner, with regard to my own account:
    Regular banners have fourteen percentage points of items on them: OSB/BSB slots are 1%, SSB slots are 2%, and basic SB slots are 1-2%. This banner is expected to have 40 items on it, so you can bundle them up in groups of 3 or 6 to make slots that are comparable to a normal banner. Here's what that looks like for me:

1% OSB slot: Terra, Rinoa, Hope
    1% BSB slot 1, healers: Aeris, Eiko, Yuna2
    1% BSB slot 2, en-mage: Rydia, Krile, Ashe
    1% BSB slot 3, more magey stuff: Alphinaud, Hope, Seymour
    1% exceptional stuff: Garnet SSB2, Yuna SSB2, Braska SSB2, Krile SSB2
    1% decent stuff: Garnet BSB, Arc SSB2, Terra SSB2
    1% meh: Tyro OSB, Tyro BSB, Garnet SSB1
    2% junk: Yuna BSB1, Krile SSB1, Rydia SSB, Terra SSB1, Aeris SSB, Rinoa SSB
    2% junk: Tyro SSB, Hope SSB, Braska SSB3, Seymour SSB, Yuna SSB1, Eiko SSB
    2% dupes: Terra BSB, Rinoa BSB, Arc SSB1, Braska SSB1, Ashe SSB, Alphinaud SSB

This is about equivalent to a 6% usable/good stuff banner for me, which is about my threshhold for a pull. I give this a few extra points for being exceptionally unlikely to have duplicates, and also because I'm really hurting for caster sticks in many realms.

Overall, there's a moderate amount of junk on the banner, but not significantly more unusable stuff than most modern banners. I encourage you to look at which items you already have and weigh accordingly. I have none of the legitimately strong items other than Alphinaud's SSB, very few dupes, and a pretty serious deficiency in mage sticks in general, so I'll probably do a pull here. Be sure to check whether the banner differs from the expected - if the new stuff from tonight's X event isn't on there, I think that hurts the banner a bit.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I'm debating for saving up for Summoners pull, or something with a solid Break stacking option. Is there a better option than the potentially 2 Rikku relics? I'm not even sure if the BSB would be that helpful combined with Minfilia's BSB.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    As someone who cried wolf on breaks, right now they're still in the "nice to have" category. It's only recently that Japan's content has started pushing the real BS, so there's still several months of banners to get through. It's just something to keep in mind if you're evaluating banners on content.

• Options
    My only stacking debuff options are R1 Mug Bloodlust on Faris (with BSB) and Tyro's BSB commands, so I'm a little worried about that. Unless I luck out and get Fang's -ATK/MAG SSB or Fran's BSB I might be pretty screwed.

• Options
    Brody wrote: »
    I'm debating for saving up for Summoners pull, or something with a solid Break stacking option. Is there a better option than the potentially 2 Rikku relics? I'm not even sure if the BSB would be that helpful combined with Minfilia's BSB.

The command on the burst is basically just Mug Bloodlust, which you could give to any Thief (provided you have Thief motes). I don't think that banner is worth pulling if you're just looking for stacking breaks.

There aren't too many upcoming banners with multiple chances for a multibreak, although many banners do have one somewhere among them that you can hit. The best chance might be TG Cid banner 1, which is our next event after X. That has Mustadio's pentabreak SSB and Agrias' Cleansing Strike (ATK/MAG break), as well as a small ATK/DEF break on one of Orlandu's burst commands.

• Options
    I'm opting out of the Summoner banner. My mage team at the moment is Alph (BSB), Raines (BSB), Vanille (BSB), Tyro (Wall), Serah (Haste/Mag+Mnd boost) with RWing Vessel for yet another boost and to get the self-sustaining power chain online. Possible to marginally improve in a couple spots, sure, but it's pretty damn spectacular. The A-team includes that I don't already have wouldn't make the cut, and in most realms, I'm far more able to support physical teams, even with Vessel now being a thing. Summoner equipment is also chock full of whips and throwers, which aren't functional for that crew even as stat sticks. I'd basically be chasing for missing elemental coverage (eg Ashe's BSB), or something like one of Arc's medicas.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    As someone who cried wolf on breaks, right now they're still in the "nice to have" category. It's only recently that Japan's content has started pushing the real BS, so there's still several months of banners to get through. It's just something to keep in mind if you're evaluating banners on content.

Not sure I agree. Damage on ultimates and even +++ is way way up compared to a few months ago when we got u++

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    I've beat everything over the last several months without any dual breaks. I have some options for them, but haven't felt the need to squeeze them on to my A team lately.

Right now with my new mage team I RW wall, get Pro/Shell from cat girl, and use full break on OK. Sometimes I add in power or mag break on him, or on cat girl. That has worked fine for everything in the last several weeks. Of course Asylum and just high DPS from Raines and Maria BSB is helping a lot. Still depending on your DPS and whether you have access to things like Asylum regularly, dual breaks are not necessary for current content. I'm sure they can make them a bit less stressful at times though.

Not counting torments since those are a very different beast.

If more and more piercing attacks show up I'm sure that will have to change.

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »

Not sure I agree. Damage on ultimates and even +++ is way way up compared to a few months ago when we got u++

It depends on how much damage you can bring. Anything below ultimate is usually killed by or very soon after whatever dual break I use. Ultimates are another beast, but anything people have been doing with no wall strats can be done with wall and no dual breaks.

It probably looms large in our memories because of that dang ultimate we had just recently.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Hmm, the Steiner/Beatrix CM is proving kinda tough without a native Medica. I've got Divine Guardian and Beatrix/Zidane BSBs but it's proving tough to deal with their incoming damage and also react to Ultimate Climhazzard.

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Hmm, the Steiner/Beatrix CM is proving kinda tough without a native Medica. I've got Divine Guardian and Beatrix/Zidane BSBs but it's proving tough to deal with their incoming damage and also react to Ultimate Climhazzard.

Are you using Raines's BSB to tear them a new one? I did it effectively without a medica because I used it literally half a second before Climhazzard went off.

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/36787146/#Comment_36787146

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular

Are you using Raines's BSB to tear them a new one? I did it effectively without a medica because I used it literally half a second before Climhazzard went off.

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/36787146/#Comment_36787146

Gonna shift to that and just hope that I can get the timing down of using a shared medica right after the first Climhazzard.

• Options
    edited January 2017
    If you push enough damage fast enough, which isn't hard at all given how disgusting Raines's BSB is, then you'll probably want to want until after the second because she'll use it twice in a row.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
This discussion has been closed.