As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] 3 Daily Login Mythril next five Fri-Sat-Sun; Anniversary Countdown!

• Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    So I read Dr. Mog's advice on the torment cause it is usually good for a laugh. The asshole recommended abilities he hasn't given up yet. He is taunting me at this point. Its like "check out this super cool skill you totally want for this fight. You want it? TOO BAD! Enjoy getting your genitals stomped! I will be here laughing at you!" Fuck you Dr. Mog, you terrible little troll.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    First attempt at 200 CM:

Holy fucking balls this thing has some HP

Tried to RW Tidus' OSB and laughed at the 32k hit that barely even budged the health bar

It does an obscene amount of AoE so double healer may be necessary

Back to the drawing board

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited January 2017
    I think I can get this, although I'm let down by not having any BSBs to save hones. Tidus was doing about 17k total with Sapphire Shot, and around 57k with his OSB. I just gotta keep his ass alive.

EDIT - shit, doing the math 6 uses of Sapphire along with 4 OSBs is only 2/3rds of his HP. What a monster. I may RW Edge's or Tidus' BSB. That should push the damage high enough to wipe it with just Tidus.

A duck! on
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Gonna try it with Greg and Bartz's BSBs.

• Options
    Mastered 200, but I am retooling slightly for my 250 run. Getting there was painful, and he does not generate near as much SB as those little piggies making some things an actual choice. Think I will have to run Tyro again one way or the other. I love Setzer for being able to apply Full Breakdown and ATK/MAG break and maintain it fairly well thanks to how hard he hits, but thats nothing when you need a third wall to keep running.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I've got the damage, but really need to be spamming Asylums by the end. Terra was doing 20k/round with her C2, Bartz is doing about 35k with his OSB, and Vaan is contributing some. But a regurgitate/AOE Rock throw really hurts

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Shit, I thought the torment dungeons was like the mote dungeons, so I didn't do the first one. Whoops.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Shit, I thought the torment dungeons was like the mote dungeons, so I didn't do the first one. Whoops.

They come back. Or at least, they definitely have in Japan. I think ours are just temporarily fucked up because of the weird schedule.

E:
    Bad news.
    Dungeon lucky draw won't include OSBs. They're explicitly excluded. Will be SSB+ though. I guess better odds if you were chasing something though.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Wow, screw Zidane. I may have to switch to a mage team to beat him, or at the very least stack three hastegas on the team. The constant slow is annoying as crap, but it's positively deadly once he goes under 50% or whatever and starts spamming AOEs. I'll probably swap Y'shtola into Eiko's slot, too - his DEF is low enough that the critga isn't all that useful, and Y'shtola heals for a lot more.

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Oh shiiiii-

ZgzNnYo.jpg

1aDrbMC.jpg

I grabbed an Abe's All Star RW and went in again to see how the damage went. I didn't do any hit and run, I didn't reup my buffs before getting to the boss, and I should have had Rikku use the second RW right away and start spamming damage, but I still pulled through. Thank you Tidus.

EDIT - also, he drops Major Wind if you care to farm that.

EDIT 2 - I also forgot to bring any form of magic break, which is why I'm so fucked up. Everybody had about 800 damage on them before they got hit by a Tsunami.

A duck! on
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Yeah I wouldn't worry about the FFV torment disappearing, I'm sure it'll be back soon.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Oh the Ultimate boss rush of three guys in FF9 drops Dark Crystals. That's nifty.

E: thanks to the folks who came out for MP. Wasn't bad at all with Indom Blade, Gust Ramza, and Vaan BSB.

E2: Ducksteak what was your load out for the Torment FFX CM?

silence1186 on
  • Options
    Rrrrm.

I might have to wait on ol' Geocities, here.

I have no big options for water damage. The only SBs I have that do much Water damage are Light of the Four and Blood of Espers, and then only for the burst commands.

• Options
    Oh the Ultimate boss rush of three guys in FF9 drops Dark Crystals. That's nifty.

E: thanks to the folks who came out for MP. Wasn't bad at all with Indom Blade, Gust Ramza, and Vaan BSB.

E2: Ducksteak what was your load out for the Torment FFX CM?

It's pretty whale-y.

Yuna: Memento of Prayer/Curaja - Miracle Veil (Curaga + HP Stock)
    Wakka: Full Break/Power Breakdown - Shared Shellga
    Auron: Draw Fire/Retaliate - Banishing Blade (50% Atk/Def Break)
    Rikku: Enveloping Etude/Thief's Revenge - Master Thief (50% Atk/Res Break)
    Tidus: Full Charge/Sapphire Shot - Energy Rain (OSB)
    RW: Abe's All Star (Tidus BSB)

Completely whiffed on bringing any form of magic break, which I would not recommend. If I ran it again I'd probably run Etude/Steal Power on Rikku and Magic Breakdown on Wakka.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Mastered the 200 (the CM is firmly megawhale territory, waiting until the X event after the upcoming one to get geared for it)

250 can wait until tomorrow

• Options
    DaffyddDaffydd Registered User regular
    Finally beat - and mastered! - Apoc Bart, less than an hour before it closed. With a PUG! An awesome PUG. Onion Knight and Tyro w/BSB (magic blink spam!), Ramza and BSB Refia, Minfilia (Guts ftw!) and Penelo (Evanescence), and I brought OSB Lightning and Wall Y'shtola. And Y'sh was the only cat who died. Spamming OSBs in phase 3 rocked. Whew, didn't think I'd pull it off, and being too sick to feel like playing last week didn't help. Better now!

• Options
    Beasteh wrote: »
    the CM is firmly megawhale territory

feelsbadman.jpg

• Options
    Insta-1 health attack in a fight where they inflict sap is just evil.

• Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Mastered the 200 torment. Not going to bother with the CM because I don't have any of the good stuff to let me even think about attempting it.

Did clear it fairly well which has me thinking about how I want to approach the 250.

The lion's share of the damage I was taking was from the Regurgitates. Wall isn't really necessary if at all, and I didn't see a single Tsunami. Power Breakdown, Full Break + Mug Bloodlust did a decent job of reducing the piercing damage so now I'm contemplating how to deal the damage I need to clear the 250. So with that in mind, my plan is probably going to be along the lines of:

Y'shtola as the healer
    Vaan as the persistent damage dealer and magic/defence breaker + tertiary physical breaker
    Ramza as the physical booster, Tailwind healing support and Full Break carrier
    Minfilia as the physical breaker and taunt tank for the Stone Punch (she'll have the Soft bracers). At least I hope that damn thing is tauntable
    And then one more physical DPS.

Firion is a contender because he can magic blink or I could bring in PCecil for Paladin Force and enHoly it up. I'm really reluctant to use Thancred because this boss is all about spamming physical AoEs and the shadewalker won't last long enough for me to use Duality with any degree of reliability. At worse, he'll take piss all damage because of blinking through all the physical damage and he'll do 2.6/2 instead of 4.3/6 damage with the 10% imperil bonus damage from kassatsu katon + NIN damage RM.

Something I'm curious about Firion is his chain strike command. It's 4.16/8 when fully stacked, and I wonder if that stack persists if I re-burst before the 25s duration expires... If I can perpetually keep that rolling, it may be worth bringing him in since it will be a long fight and the magic blink on his BSB entry would be a nice help to further dull AoE damage.
    RW Tidus' BSB and use it on Ramza for more damage because I want to conserve his hones as he's the only one without a BSB in the group.

Basically, I want to use anyone in my arsenal with an en-element where possible because I have limited water damage options, and the en-element is as good as hitting weakness in my books for torments.

I'm highly reluctant to bring mages simply because if they get swallowed, it's a huge kick in the nuts for them because they're going to be relying on getting constant attacks in to keep their SB meters filling. Even though I went through the 200 using Alphinauld popping Deployment before the boss wave, then RW'ing Cid Raine's BSB for some yolo fun before using his own BSB to finish the fight.

Takel on
    Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Beasteh wrote: »
    Mastered the 200 (the CM is firmly megawhale territory, waiting until the X event after the upcoming one to get geared for it)

250 can wait until tomorrow

I feel like I can handle it, but I did pull on the last FFX banner and made out like a bandit.

Tidus OSB
    Yuna overheal SSB
    Paine Hastega
    Rikku Mug Atk/Res
    Wakka BSB

Plus Tidus's powerchain thingy, all from two 11x pulls.

Really, it's Wakka's BSB that I think will be the hugest, as it gives me the jumblies to effectively have Full Break, Power Breakdown, Magic Breakdown, AND pull Wrath/Entrust shenanigans to overfuel Tidus's OSB. RW an enWater onto that, and nuke away. I fully expect the trash to be the biggest pain in the ass imaginable though. It very well could be worth kicking Rikku or Paine out for Auron's drawtaliate.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    250 down. Man that guy just has a shit ton of hps. Special shout out to Alphinaud's hilarious damage reflect. Ran the same team as last time with Terra, Krile, OK, Tyro, and Vanille. The trash was especially obnoxious as well. I like the ability to stretch my legs so to speak and really let loose with my A team, but man do these fights just take forever. Oddly I think SB generation RMs might completely blow Mako Might out of the water in terms of raw generation power. BSB or bust is also sad in how severely it limits you. I might still take a physical team through just to see the difference once we get the Engulfing Twinstrike ability we were told to use.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Takel wrote: »
    Something I'm curious about Firion is his chain strike command. It's 4.16/8 when fully stacked, and I wonder if that stack persists if I re-burst before the 25s duration expires... If I can perpetually keep that rolling, it may be worth bringing him in since it will be a long fight and the magic blink on his BSB entry would be a nice help to further dull AoE damage.
    Yes, you can keep building up Firion's command on subsequent bursts, you have 25 seconds to use the next command before it resets, so it's pretty generous. Torment dungeons are pretty much the only case where buildup commands like Firion's can be better than the alternatives.

• Options
    Fry wrote: »
    Takel wrote: »
    Yes, you can keep building up Firion's command on subsequent bursts, you have 25 seconds to use the next command before it resets, so it's pretty generous. Torment dungeons are pretty much the only case where buildup commands like Firion's can be better than the alternatives.

Even at full power, it's dubious whether you want to be doing that or spamming powerchains for the meter so you can, in turn, spam MBlinks WITH the reentry nearly twice as often. At just shy of Full Charge damage, it's certainly a thought, but it's probably just better/easier overall to stick with C2 and enjoy all the missed magic.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Woof.

Yeah, I need more native Water power or a native healer BSB. I got by on the piggies because I'm rather good for Fire and Earth.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    Woof.

Yeah, I need more native Water power or a native healer BSB. I got by on the piggies because I'm rather good for Fire and Earth.

Truthfully, the half weakness stuff they do on Torment seems questionably worth it to me. Generating SB meter isn't overly hard, and the damage increase is nice, but hardly amazing. Any en- skill matches the damage boost and has the benefit of boosting recast damage even more. Plus it is easier to stack gear for since it will follow you around.

• Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    250 Mastered

ooof, yeah it's a bit of a pull between using C1 or C2 on Firion but I had just enough meter to put up Weaponsmaster after every time the mblink goes down even using the C1. Very very rough maths would point to C2 spamming and more entry spams to be a little bit more damage but I reckon with this kind of stuff where there's a lot of AoE damage to help build meter it's about a wash. The mblink though... hilariously, Regurgitate is a magic attack so the mblink cancels out that damage. Add Minfilia's Blessing of Light guts effect to that, and the poor boss needs to deal two killing blows to down anyone before Y'shtola gets in with an Asylum/Tetra or Ramza with a Tailwind.

The second Torment 250 veteran team consists of four newbies:
    Minfilia
    Vaan
    Firion
    Ramza

Y'shtola tutors the young blood how the thing gets done but a full physical party was able to chew through that HP bar. Firion can pack Shooter 5* abilities so... yeah... I got some use out of Sapphire Shot but it was barely more damage than a fully buffed C1.
    This is overall, a lot less insane compared to the three piggies. Either that or I'm more hardened after getting through the first one...

e:
    Actually, I'm thinking whether or not Firion's C1 is supposed to be used as a 'finisher' before he re-enters the Burst.
    C2 spam until you have a meter, C1 for a 8 hit at 4.16 then re-enter the Burst because you'll be wasting the instant cast from the C2 if you use it with the already instant entry.

Takel on
    Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    Right, then the healer BSB is the more important thing. I just ran out of healing steam with Asylum RW.

• Options
    The only change needed to push my team past Zidane was putting in Y'shtola instead of Eiko.

Asylum is a ridiculous amount of healing. I completely skipped Protectga in the second half of the fight and it was unnecessary due to me being able to alternate Asylum and Ruin Impendent.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    Right, then the healer BSB is the more important thing. I just ran out of healing steam with Asylum RW.

Oh a healer BSB is just this side of required honestly. I can imagine a world where you don't need it, but man I wouldn't want to try. Healer BSB just makes such a huge difference in a marathon battle like this.

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Darklyre wrote: »
    The only change needed to push my team past Zidane was putting in Y'shtola instead of Eiko.

Asylum is a ridiculous amount of healing. I completely skipped Protectga in the second half of the fight and it was unnecessary due to me being able to alternate Asylum and Ruin Impendent.

Well, honestly, Protectga lasts so long that you don't need to refresh it in most fights, and Zidane is an especially short fight given his low defenses and HP. Just as a baseline, if you use Memento Mori and cast Protectga with a white mage at the same time, the doom timer is more or less equal to Protectga's timer. It's 35 seconds plus 3 per 100 Mnd of caster.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I really need this torment boss to stop doing his aoe rock throw, followed by eating a party member, followed by yet another rock throw

• Options
    Just mastered 200 raid with some pubs. Went well, but I'm afraid I've found a problem.

So ever since I went to my Nexus 6P, FFRK performance has been...not great. Lagging with enough frequency that I can't call it occasional. Single player, whatever - the whole thing lags. Multi? Yeah, it seems to lag a ton, and it matters a lot more :-/ to the point where I kinda feel guilty.

Anyway, don't forget to bring a person with slowga, and I'd have someone bring esuna, too, just in case sleep hits your healers. Also, indomitable blade is as useful as you'd think.

• Options
    Alphinaud with Tiamat against the Black Waltzes is as lulzy as it sounds.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Holy shit Zidane U++ is a garbage fight. Stellar circle into shift break into shift break oops the whole team is dead. With Wall, protect, power breakdown, and full break.

To say nothing of the constant slows, and timely interrupts that prevent tauntaliate from going up.

• Options
    Holy shit Zidane U++ is a garbage fight. Stellar circle into shift break into shift break oops the whole team is dead. With Wall, protect, power breakdown, and full break.

To say nothing of the constant slows, and timely interrupts that prevent tauntaliate from going up.

His first three turns are all non-damaging steals. He can't interrupt you from getting it up (*snicker*) until his fourth turn at minimum. What are you doing? Relying on Gilgamesh's BSB or something?

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    It's not the opening mitigation that's a problem with the Zidane fight, it's that he slows 3-4 members of your team before you can get another hastega charged up, then you're so behind on meter and your turns take so long that in the time it takes you to put your mitigation back up he's already annihilated your team.

If you have Basch's Ruin Impendent, stick Draw Fire on him (no Retaliate), and Knight's Charge/Lionheart. Spam that blinkga for all it's worth.

• Options
    ArcTangent wrote: »

His first three turns are all non-damaging steals. He can't interrupt you from getting it up (*snicker*) until his fourth turn at minimum. What are you doing? Relying on Gilgamesh's BSB or something?

It's sub-50% when he can ranged AoE every turn on back row squishies.

After 4 hours of various mage teams failing, I said fuck this, brought Shout meta and RW Asylum, and killed him no problems, without taking any damage, despite juggling Slows.

If I ever try to get cute and run a mage team again, someone please slap me and tell me what a garbage idea that is.

• Options
    Well, that's something completely different from what you were complaining about!

And I took him down with a mage team plus one drawtaliator. The issues I had was 100% the slow spamming, even with RW Vessel of Fate, Mako Might hastega, and 3/5 people using either a hastega or BSB for haste.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    I just had the most hilarious success with a group of randoms against the Apocalypse Black Waltzes.

All we had for mitigation was Stoneskin, Multi Break, Heathen Frolic Sarabande, and Keeper's Tome...and the last three were on Tyro, who bit it about halfway through, with two Waltzes left with 80% HP on both. Curaise was enough to let Tyro drop a second Keeper's Tome, and he promptly got shredded with a 9999 Firaga that went through right before my Grand Cross.

The second half of the fight was us getting nearly one-shot through Asylum and Aerith spamming Pulse of Life. If a spell hit and Stoneskin wasn't up, that character was dead. Reraise must've went off 3-4 times, but we somehow ended up with full medals, despite having only Stoneskin for mitigation for the second half of the fight.

• Options
    mercurialchemistermercurialchemister Registered User regular
    Darklyre wrote: »
    It's not the opening mitigation that's a problem with the Zidane fight, it's that he slows 3-4 members of your team before you can get another hastega charged up, then you're so behind on meter and your turns take so long that in the time it takes you to put your mitigation back up he's already annihilated your team.

If you have Basch's Ruin Impendent, stick Draw Fire on him (no Retaliate), and Knight's Charge/Lionheart. Spam that blinkga for all it's worth.

Wait until after his third opening Steal to use your Hastega? That's what I did and I didn't have more than 1 or 2 characters slowed at any one point for the rest of the fight. I made sure to bring 2 sources of Hastega (and RW'd a third) just in case.

This discussion has been closed.