As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[YouTube]s to Share With The Class

• Options
    frandelgearslipfrandelgearslip 457670Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    It's 7 minutes of him saying nothing

He might as well not have commented at all, for all that you can read his statements in either direction

Which i suppose is a position to take isn't it

He's not going to destroy his friendship with PDP, no matter how justified he is for doing so.
    A friendship that is only one "You really fucked up this time" from being destroyed isn't a friendship worth keeping

A friendship where one person jumps on the bandwagon to trash you is not a friendship in the first place.

• Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    I wouldn't really characterize it as a band wagon so much as a concerted "What in the everloving fuck made you think this was okay"

• Options
    WeX MajorsWeX Majors 8th Floor, MegashipRegistered User regular
    I just read this big long article about the Mcelroy brothers that was mostly talking about how one of the reasons they've managed to have a podcast go for 300 episodes is that Inclusion seems to be one of their main tennents. It goes on to describe early on in the series how they spent a large portion of an episode going with a bit where they were freaked out about Furries. The Very Next Episode, they were apologizing about how mean they came off and apologized to everyone that was hurt by their joke.

So I guess what I'm saying is these guys figured it out years ago and now they have a fucking tv show. It's not that hard. Just don't be a dick.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK7y7POw0yA

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Problem is PDP doesn't think he is a dick when he does dickish things.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    I'm not sure 'inclusion' is a necessary component of a long running podcast. I mean, it should be, but... it's not.

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    It's 7 minutes of him saying nothing

He might as well not have commented at all, for all that you can read his statements in either direction

Which i suppose is a position to take isn't it

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    This seems like a promising new series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRCVcuA6yZQ

• Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Someday I'm just going to make a playlist of these videos and listen to Ahoy talk about guns and videogames for hours on end
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTh4f7ye1IQ&t=0s

• Options
    edited February 2017
    "With an astonishing rate of fire that earned it the nickname 'Hitler's Buzzsaw'"
    *pit pit pit pit pit pit pit pit*

Yeah, that's not the sound a MG42 makes.

Gvzbgul on
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    WeX Majors wrote: »
    I just read this big long article about the Mcelroy brothers that was mostly talking about how one of the reasons they've managed to have a podcast go for 300 episodes is that Inclusion seems to be one of their main tennents. It goes on to describe early on in the series how they spent a large portion of an episode going with a bit where they were freaked out about Furries. The Very Next Episode, they were apologizing about how mean they came off and apologized to everyone that was hurt by their joke.

See also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl1c8F2-WNY

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    respect starts with recognizing that you should probably respect the jewish people

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I got sucked into listening to old SiIvaGunner rips earlier, I forgot how good this one is
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01cNYos76ZE

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular

So I guess what I'm saying is these guys figured it out years ago and now they have a fucking tv show. It's not that hard. Just don't be a dick.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK7y7POw0yA

Fuck jugglers for real, though

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular

"penultimate"

"substantual"

okay dude

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017

So I guess what I'm saying is these guys figured it out years ago and now they have a fucking tv show. It's not that hard. Just don't do a hit.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    This guy is a copyright attorney and looks at cases in the Youtube world. It's dry stuff, but he makes it interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4bjxGPRB5M

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Oh this is definitely my favorite so far

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Oh this is definitely my favorite so far

Kenshiro > Sanic > Yugi > Yureske > RyuKen

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGcXI09K-qY

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    "With an astonishing rate of fire that earned it the nickname 'Hitler's Buzzsaw'"
    *pit pit pit pit pit pit pit pit*

Yeah, that's not the sound a MG42 makes.

That made me curious, so I dug up this video, 1:40 for them firing it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhOrY88MGbM

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/3cDLflyQ8TA

Yo fuck Bill Maher (even more so than usual) and hell yeah Larry Wilmore.

For reference: Maher had Milo on his show last night, justifying it as "exposing" him to the world and delivered a friendly, softball filled interview with very little pushback from Maher on anything.

Larry Willmore tells Milo to go fuck himself.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    This seems like a promising new series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRCVcuA6yZQ

can't be worse than the US government one

• Options
    TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

The ship had the nickname the @Grey Ghost, so that's another person to tag.

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular

For reference: Maher had Milo on his show last night, justifying it as "exposing" him to the world and delivered a friendly, softball filled interview with very little pushback from Maher on anything.

Milo: (paraphrasing) "Trans people are disproportionately involved in sexual assaults", implying trans aggressors.

Rest of the panel: eh, we'll question him once on that and then let it stand completely.

The people on there may be good people, but at that point I closed the video with a "Fuck everyone on that panel."

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    At least wilmore tried to call him on it. There rest of them kinda smiled an nodded while Milo lied through his teeth.

would have been better if this asshole hadn't been given a platform to spread his hateful bullshit at all.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Isn't that the exact same fucking excuse that gets "police brutality is fine, it's black on black crime that's the REAL issue" so much mainstream acceptance? Fuck that.

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    if you invite a neo-nazi asshole on your television show and you don't actually argue with him, what is the point?

• Options
    Psykoma wrote: »

Milo: (paraphrasing) "Trans people are disproportionately involved in sexual assaults", implying trans aggressors.

Rest of the panel: eh, we'll question him once on that and then let it stand completely.

The people on there may be good people, but at that point I closed the video with a "Fuck everyone on that panel."

They call him out on the statistics several times, but it's possible that none of them knew the real stats off-hand to refute it fully with "they're always the victims". Milo also keeps forcing them to redirect by throwing out more and more offensive shit that they then have to redirect towards.

• Options
    TankHammer wrote: »
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »

The ship had the nickname the @Grey Ghost, so that's another person to tag.

I've visited the Queen Mary; I'd have liked to see the swimming pool as an actual pool, not as part of their Ghost Story

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular

They call him out on the statistics several times, but it's possible that none of them knew the real stats off-hand to refute it fully with "they're always the victims". Milo also keeps forcing them to redirect by throwing out more and more offensive shit that they then have to redirect towards.

How about just that there has *never* been a reported case of a trans sexual assaulter in bathrooms, as milo was arguing.

• Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    It's almost like traditional debate formats are really easy to game and don't actually do much to ensure the true argument is seen as the best one

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited February 2017

So the exact thing people who are opposed to giving Milo platforms to speak predicted would happen, happened.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options

How about just that there has *never* been a reported case of a trans sexual assaulter in bathrooms, as milo was arguing.

Yes, you and I and a large portion of the people on this forum know that, but that doesn't mean that everyone is going to know that. They weren't pulling their punches, but at the same time they aren't knowledgeable on the topic so they're all arguing against Milo from their own knowledge bases, and none of the people on the panel are LGBT activists or are likely to know almost any of the stats behind what Milo is lying about. And that was probably intentional on the part of Mahr's production team.

I doubt they were given time to prepare or know beforehand what Milo was going to say, which is usually the kind of thing that leads to real informed discussion on TV programs. Mahr's programs have never had that and tend to involve five to six people sitting there and talking until they stumble over a point that they don't know about or which only one person on the panel has any degree of information about or someone begins to just bullshit about it until they're called on it.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Bill Maher has been a shitty asshole for decades, he was never going to call Milo out for saying shit that he almost definitely agrees with. Wilmore tried to call Milo on his shit, but you can't engage with someone like Milo because he has no shame and does not care about any sort of facts or morality. He is impossible to debate, because he is incapable of doing so in good faith. He's fucking shit awful, and he's a perfect match for Bill Maher's brand of bullshit.

• Options
    Never say never. It's too easy for someone to give just one example.

• Options
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Never say never. It's too easy for someone to give just one example.

Or, more recently, they just make one up and then people have to go "I know nothing about that".

This discussion has been closed.