As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Problem with... Powerpoint? Office? OneDrive?

ThirithThirith Registered User regular
So, the following weird thing happened: someone sent me some Powerpoint presentations to revise. I put them on my OneDrive, revised them and sent them back as e-mail attachments...

... except what they received were older versions of the same presentation. I thought I'd made some mistake, but no: the file on OneDrive is the latest version, but when I attach it what gets there is an older version. Even weirder: I then copied the file from OneDrive to a USB drive, but when I opened the two versions side by side, the one on OneDrive was the current one and the one on the USB drive (same size and everything) was still the old one.

Anyone have any idea what's going on? I imagine it must have something to do with versioning or that OneDrive's synchronisation is borked - but it is freaky as fuck and totally illogical. Any help would be much appreciated!

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
"Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods

• Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    Which version is on Web interface one drive and which is on folder interface

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    The one on the web interface is the older one. The really strange thing, though, was that I could open the version from the folder interface and it'd be the more recent one; then I'd copy that version onto a USB stick, but when I opened the one on the USB stick, it was the older version. Which makes absolutely zero sense to me and convinces me I must've done something wrong, but I reproduced it several times and each time got that utterly nonsensical result.

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Thirith wrote: »
    The one on the web interface is the older one. The really strange thing, though, was that I could open the version from the folder interface and it'd be the more recent one; then I'd copy that version onto a USB stick, but when I opened the one on the USB stick, it was the older version. Which makes absolutely zero sense to me and convinces me I must've done something wrong, but I reproduced it several times and each time got that utterly nonsensical result.

You are desynchonized. Find some way to update the web version using the standard methods. One drive takes over a lot of file functions using the cloud service instead of local file folders. Also one drive is buggy and servers crap out a lot.

Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    Thanks, will do that.

webp-net-resizeimage.jpg