As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[EVE Online] Merch Industrial Recruitment Thread - Hellwar 1 year on and still going

BaidolBaidol I will hold him offEscape while you canRegistered User regular
edited July 2022 in Games and Technology
Thread is dead. July 2021: Current Recruitment Director Anehii (Anehiixii in game). Please PM and post below if you would like to join up.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
Baidol on

• Options
    reboot111areboot111a Registered User regular
    We are still terrible at this game, but we have space again!

PAX Prime 2011 [E] 6th Floor Expo XA
  • Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    Its kind of crazy that Merch Industrial has been alive and kicking since 2006. Never thought the little corporation would still be going strong a decade later.

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Its kind of crazy that Merch Industrial has been alive and kicking since 2006. Never thought the little corporation would still be going strong a decade later.

Especially considering it's us. We're dumb

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    TrekkieTrekkie Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

Especially considering it's us. We're dumb

what do you expect, they left me in charge for a while too.

Eve Online: Zareph
  • Options
    NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    Definitely going to send a PM to apply tonight when I get home. Apparently the old account I recovered wasn't my original account, and it seems my character (with the name I want) that I spent a week playing back in 2007 still exists. Going to try and get that one back first

The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Options
    TrekkieTrekkie Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    We've had a number of new people join us, you should too. There was even a terrible poetry reading about Rorquals from one of the new people here: https://soundcloud.com/raearawrawr/morale-poetry

Trekkie on
    Eve Online: Zareph
  • Options
    DrainDrain [E] Tabletop Manager SeattleRegistered User regular
    @Baidol you're a hero to the people, a gentleman and a scholar.

N9pjfAk.png
    "I don't know why people ever, ever try to stop nerds from doing things. It's really the most incredible waste of time." - Tycho
  • Options
    NoxyNoxy Registered User regular
    My character's name is Noxy Night and I'm applying to Merch Industrial.

Ready to engage in drone strikes or idling in a moon's orbit for 46 hours while discussing what types of animals would be functional hats. Ya know, whatever.

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Button pushed. Welcome back! We usually talk about corgis now.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Animals that would make functional corgi hats sounds like a great topic. I'll put it before Anehii for our next committee.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    How much time at these committees is spent working?

• Options
    Depends on your definition of working. Usually its one poor SoB looking for targets while the rest of us wait for our criminal timers to fall off.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    Sounds like you've been holding out on me!

Also, elite MRCHI spreadsheet skills jabber leak:(11:50:41 AM) kael_attrell: i actually had the cap math ready cause a couple weeks ago i made a spreadsheet comparing cost/benefit stuff for our subcap fleets vs a theoretical full carrier fleet

• Options
    SheezSheez Registered User regular
    Howdy, my character's name is Luc en Tilavine and I'm interested in dying while attempting basic flight maneuvers for the cause .

Blame Fonjo. He suggested there's reasonable killaman available for noobs.

• Options
    dragonshardzdragonshardz Registered User regular
    Fonjo wrote: »
    My character's name is Noxy Night and I'm applying to Merch Industrial.

Ready to engage in drone strikes or idling in a moon's orbit for 46 hours while discussing what types of animals would be functional hats. Ya know, whatever.
    Sheez wrote: »
    Howdy, my character's name is Luc en Tilavine and I'm interested in dying while attempting basic flight maneuvers for the cause .

Blame Fonjo. He suggested there's reasonable killaman available for noobs.

These two guys are personal friends of mine and are reliable sorts. Glad to have you!

6XkkSvg.png
  • Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    So what part of space are you guys in these days? I see it's south now? I've been away from the game for years but something drew me back in, I was part of Merch back in the Hoshoun days. Debating rejoining, but don't how long I'll stick around before I get bored again. Amazingly CVA is still apparently a thing?

• Options
    We're back in Delve munching on ore. No one wants to take Providence and CVA typically doesn't involve itself in outside affairs, so CVA continues to exist.

• Options
    OnundrOnundr Registered User new member
    My characters name is Nereus Kable and I'm applying to Merch Industrial.
    I have Fonjo to thank for showing me the light.
    Im ready to join my bretheren in glorious explosions.

• Options
    NoxyNoxy Registered User regular
    Onundr wrote: »
    My characters name is Nereus Kable and I'm applying to Merch Industrial.
    I have Fonjo to thank for showing me the light.
    Im ready to join my bretheren in glorious explosions.

This lad is quality genetics.

May we all suffer through the brilliant pain of failure and poorly planned alpha strikes!

• Options
    SithadiusSithadius Registered User new member
    My characters name is Sithadius and I'm applying to Merch Industrial.
    I am a lifelong friend of Onundr and have played many other games with Onundr and Fonjo and hope to continue to do so in the future.
    I would also like to join your corporation.

• Options
    OnundrOnundr Registered User new member
    I am sponsering this Sithadius guy above. More fresh meat for the grinder

• Options
    ArasakiArasaki Registered User regular
    My character name is Vandred Sakissian, I have submitted an app. Been playing on and off for a while, started a new toon so I could go Amarr and relearn the game a bit. Currently pootling around in a Confessor doing boring PvE while I wait for my skills to level.

• Options
    Button pushed. Welcome to the corp!

• Options
    ArasakiArasaki Registered User regular
    :D Will accept once I get back to a station

• Options
    DrainDrain [E] Tabletop Manager SeattleRegistered User regular
    Arasaki wrote: »
    My character name is Vandred Sakissian, I have submitted an app. Been playing on and off for a while, started a new toon so I could go Amarr and relearn the game a bit. Currently pootling around in a Confessor doing boring PvE while I wait for my skills to level.

Never say "toon", it's in your best interest.

N9pjfAk.png
    "I don't know why people ever, ever try to stop nerds from doing things. It's really the most incredible waste of time." - Tycho
  • Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    Hi recruitment thread, my character name is Bendery Abriel and I will submit an app when my toddlers reign of terror has ended for the night.

• Options
    Button pushed!

• Options
    BradicusMaximusBradicusMaximus Pssssssssyyyyyyyy duckRegistered User regular
    Greetings thread, my character is Menoc Gerivian - I'm actually hopping on now to submit the app.

I've been playing off an on for a couple months now but practically all carebear related things so I'm hoping you guys can help remedy that!

• Options
    Button pushes. Welcome to the corp!

• Options
    MordarionMordarion Registered User regular
    Apparently I am an ancient member of the Penny Arcade forums which means I'm not a spy. OpenDL resubbin'

• Options
    Well, no, you are always a spy, but welcome back!

• Options
    WenD'lWenD'l Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Returning space semite and all around shit poster (not a spy -OR- am I?).

Character is WenD'l ; re-applying to Merch I (Reason I'm special? Non PA resident that joined PA to creep into Eve via Merch-I; won my way in because Courthouse wanted to watch me self destruct in front of the Mittani AKA Mittens.)

WenD'l resubbing as fast as steam will D/L, after all who can beat being bad at a 'FREE' game...

WenD'l on
    Eali wrote: »
    I can't text-fuck my way in like Wend'l,
    2nis1t0.jpg
  • Options
    WenD'l wrote: »

Character is WenD'l ; re-applying to Merch I (Reason I'm special? Non PA resident that joined PA to creep into Eve via Merch-I; won my way in because Courthouse wanted to watch me self destruct in front of the Mittani AKA Mittens.)

WenD'l resubbing as fast as steam will D/L, after all who can beat being bad at a 'FREE' game...

I remember you! You were cool and a good poster. A spy, obviously, but a shitty one so it's okay.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options

I remember you! You were cool and a good poster. A spy, obviously, but a shitty one so it's okay.

Lol, a good poster?!? Uncle Ment must be sharing the good hootch again; I have reviewed my posts. The best is usually cringe worthy the worst has my wife stealing the batteries from my wireless keyboard.

2nis1t0.jpg
  • Options

Lol, a good poster?!? Uncle Ment must be sharing the good hootch again; I have reviewed my posts. The best is usually cringe worthy the worst has my wife stealing the batteries from my wireless keyboard.

Well I am a fan of shit posting, which is why I think your posts are good.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    *If* you want a trip in the way back machine and want to rehash some terrible posting on my part I shall endeavor to link to my first attempt at joining MerchI https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/17080950#Comment_17080950 .... now that was some quality shit posting.

2nis1t0.jpg
  • Options

Button pushed. Welcome back!

• Options
    In corp now, but still can't see our corp website. If someone could push the button there as well I have a burning desire to "never stop posting" and the quality will be what you've come to expect. (No need to make the good ppl of PA's eyes bleed; welcome me back to a forum where people can shoot me for my posts w/o a criminal investigation).

2nis1t0.jpg
  • Options
    You've been approved.

• Options
    Baidol wrote: »
    You've been approved.

To be clear, access has been approved, your posting is still terrible.