Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

How to read this Hawkeye series (Marvel NOW by Matt Fraction)?

jclastjclast Registered User regular
edited January 4 in Graphic Violence
I've heard that this is a good (and hopefully self-contained) story. Volumes 1 and 2 make sense (mostly) but 3 and 4 are vexing me. If I pick this up (it's looking good), how do I know what order to read stuff in? Why would volume 3 randomly have an issue from another set in it and skip issues 12, 13, 15, 17, 19, and 20? Volume 4 has those in it but lists #17 before #12. And what's up with Young Avengers Presents? Why would I get or want issue #6 without the others?

Is the intended reading order going by the issue numbers? Or is it front to back volume 1-4?

Listing is spoilered in case folks don't want to go to amazon.
Volume 1:
  • Hawkeye #1
  • Hawkeye #2
  • Hawkeye #3
  • Hawkeye #4
  • Hawkeye #5
  • Young Avengers Presents #6
Volume 2:
  • Hawkeye #6
  • Hawkeye #7
  • Hawkeye #8
  • Hawkeye #9
  • Hawkeye #10
  • Hawkeye #11
Volume 3:
  • Hawkeye Annual #1
  • Hawkeye #14
  • Hawkeye #16
  • Hawkeye #18
  • Hawkeye #20
Volume 4:
  • Hawkeye# 17
  • Hawkeye #12
  • Hawkeye #13
  • Hawkeye #15
  • Hawkeye #19
  • Hawkeye #21
  • Hawkeye #22

steam_sig.png
jclast on

• ZavianZavian Senātus Populusque Rōmānus Registered User regular
    edited January 4
    Vol. 3 focuses on Kate Bishop, Vol. 4 picks up with Clint again (they were alternating story lines every month, so like 16 was Kate, 17 was Clint, 18 was Kate's story again, etc.). Young Avengers Presents #6 is a standalone issue about Kate Bishop, you don't need to read any of the other issues. You'll be fine reading them in order by Volume. A lot of the issues are stand-alone one-shots so you don't need to read them chronologically. Like, #17 is a holiday special.

Zavian on
    steam_sig.png
    Bobby DeriejclastDouglasDanger
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Wonderful - thank you!

steam_sig.png