As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Please help me find the PA comic about crystalized tears

BriBinBriBin Registered User new member
I simply cannot find this comic through Google or PA search. I believe it was one of the PAX onstage comics and it went basically like this:
Panel 1
An interviewer is talking to Gabe and Tycho and asks them:
Interviewer: "You're both really private people. How do you handle a show like PAX?"
Panel 2
Gabe: "I just close my eyes and try to feel the joy all around me."
Tycho: "I have developed a method of crying that is invisible to the human eye."
Panel 3
Interviewer: "That's incredible. Where do the tears go?"
Tycho: "They crystalize in my abdomen and shred my internal organs."

Any help finding this would be greatly appreciated. We really need a full text search for comics. I can often remember some key words, but since the text isn't indexed I still can't find the comic.

• Options
    xraydogxraydog Registered User regular
    This is a good site for pa comic searches: http://pipefour.org/pa/

It's full text and everything. Give it a shot. I tried a couple searches but couldn't find the one you're referencing.

• Options
    Thanks; that's a great resource. It doesn't seem to find the comic I'm looking for though. I even went through all the Club PA comics I have and it isn't in there either. Does anyone else remember this one?

• Options
    Baron DirigibleBaron Dirigible Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Maybe that site hasn't been updated in a while -- the comic was from last February. "penny arcade crystallize" on Google helped lead me to the strip in question.

Baron Dirigible on
  • Options
    You are my hero. Thank you so much for finding this. It looks like I was off on the text just enough not to find it.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    yeah pipefour seems to have stopped indexing in early 2015

which is sad

and the main archives did get a comprehensive keywording at one point but it doesn't seem like that's being kept up either

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies