Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[US and Russia] Talk about Trump connections to Russia here.

1798082848598

Posts

  • CogCog Registered User regular
    a5ehren wrote: »
    JoeUser wrote: »
    Comey confirms Republican servers were hacked but no information released.

    That's not exactly what he said, though. He said there were "efforts" to attack both parties during the election.

    You can assume that they succeeded against the Republicans as well (because, come on), but he didn't actually say that they did.

    There was a followup question that clarified that Republican targets were hacked. I don't remember if the RNC was specified, but there were republicans hacked for certain.

    JoeUser
  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    this rep trying to sound like he is Totally Hip by using the phrase 0 day exploit in regards to the Russians

  • SelnerSelner Registered User regular
    JoeUser wrote: »
    Comey confirms Republican servers were hacked but no information released.

    So... they've got blackmail material, right? That's like really, really bad.

    Emerlmaster999NightslyrMrVyngaard
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Mr Khan wrote: »
    Nixon "got us out" is an... interesting interpretation of Nixon's policy in SE Asia.

    From a position of Realists who don't really care about the human toll, the result is all that matters. I'm not trying to defend Nixon's policy, just saying why the Soviets might have preferred it.

    Especially since punching the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia would've been something Moscow liked anyway. There's a reason Vietnam went in and stomped on them later.

    From a position of events that actually occurred in real life Nixon sabotaged peace talks to keep the US in SE Asia.

    MvrckBullheadGnome-InterruptusBucketmanPLAMan in the MistsGiggles_Funsworthemp123
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User, Moderator mod
    shryke wrote: »
    Mr Khan wrote: »
    Nixon "got us out" is an... interesting interpretation of Nixon's policy in SE Asia.

    From a position of Realists who don't really care about the human toll, the result is all that matters. I'm not trying to defend Nixon's policy, just saying why the Soviets might have preferred it.

    Especially since punching the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia would've been something Moscow liked anyway. There's a reason Vietnam went in and stomped on them later.

    From a position of events that actually occurred in real life Nixon sabotaged peace talks to keep the US in SE Asia.

    Not on topic.

  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    BlazeFire wrote: »
    Wasn't the hacking of Republican servers known during or just after the election? The details were that it was an old server and not the one currently being used?

    It was known but denied by the GOP. Now it's on the record.

  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    this current line of questioning is actually really good, about the DNC and how they handled the Russian hack/the timeline on it. They're legitimate questions.

  • JoeUserJoeUser Registered User regular
    This is a long hearing!

    PSN: JoeUser80 Steam
    Bucketman
  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    i'd love to know who was just speaking that asked about the timeline of the DNC hack, Comey was actually answering questions and it was interesting.

  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    BlazeFire wrote: »
    Wasn't the hacking of Republican servers known during or just after the election? The details were that it was an old server and not the one currently being used?

    It was known but denied by the GOP. Now it's on the record.

    And if Spicers press conference from today is any indication, the WH will continue to deny it regardless of any statement from the FBI.

    Dumb Hero wrote: »
    "Okay, you take 2d4 damage from the ogre's dick impaling your 2inch anus"
    Satan! Look here!
    Commander Zoom
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Man, I kind of wish the Switch had always-on internet via LTE - I think I would be down for destiny in a mobile context, and the Switch clearly has enough muscle to run that title.

    ElkiTNTrooperOghulkKetBraHonkShadowfireGnome-InterruptusGarthorBluedude152Nightslyrkimedispatch.odavidsdurionsKhavallSleepBucketmanSo It GoesPLATheRoadVirusKanaElldrenBlackDragon480
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Marathon wrote: »
    shryke wrote: »
    BlazeFire wrote: »
    Wasn't the hacking of Republican servers known during or just after the election? The details were that it was an old server and not the one currently being used?

    It was known but denied by the GOP. Now it's on the record.

    And if Spicers press conference from today is any indication, the WH will continue to deny it regardless of any statement from the FBI.

    Sure but now the press can talk about it without caveats.

    MarathonJoeUserGennenalyse RuebenBucketmanMan in the MistsMegaMekElldren
  • JoeUserJoeUser Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    i'd love to know who was just speaking that asked about the timeline of the DNC hack, Comey was actually answering questions and it was interesting.

    I think that was Joaquin Castro?

    PSN: JoeUser80 Steam
    cursedking
  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    JoeUser wrote: »
    cursedking wrote: »
    i'd love to know who was just speaking that asked about the timeline of the DNC hack, Comey was actually answering questions and it was interesting.

    I think that was Joaquin Castro?

    ok awesome

  • EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    Cog wrote: »
    I guess I meant that as in, "I can not present any evidence one way or the other"

    Then he's just answering a hypothetical and refusing to tie it to the real life example of trump, and answering hypotheticals gets messy fast.

    I don't like Comey but it must fucking suck to be in his seat right now.

    Something about a bed, and lying... somewhere

    Gnome-Interruptus
  • DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Man, I kind of wish the Switch had always-on internet via LTE - I think I would be down for destiny in a mobile context, and the Switch clearly has enough muscle to run that title.

    I bet Comey wishes he had a Switch right now. It must be super boring saying "I can't comment" over and over.

    Gary Gygax wrote:
    ''The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules.''
    TNTrooperNightslyrSleepBucketmanDedwrekkaTheRoadVirusElldrenCambiata
  • CogCog Registered User regular
    The only vacuum in that hearing is the spot that Trey Gowdy is sucking the life out of.

    cursedkingJoeUserNightslyr
  • CogCog Registered User regular
    edited March 20
    The country is in such a state that I just spent 5 hours at work with my headphones in listening not to music or podcasts oh my phone, but a congressional hearing.

    Thanks Trump.

    Cog on
    minirhyderJoeUsercursedkingAridholShadowhopeOghulkFencingsaxQuidGennenalyse RuebenMartini_PhilosopherNightslyrNartwakGatorElvenshaeBucketmanSquigieQanamilTheRoadVirusMan in the MistsCommander ZoomHacksawMegaMekemp123BlackDragon480Cambiata
  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Cog wrote: »
    The country is in such a state that I just spent 5 hours at work with my headphones in listening not to music or podcasts oh my phone, but a congressional hearing.

    Thanks Trump.

    yeah like, I listen to every press briefing whenever it happens now and I did not ever do that before, but I just feel like I need to.

    MarathonCogJoeUserDevlin_DragonusNightslyrBucketman
  • JoeUserJoeUser Registered User regular
    Spicer said Paul Manafort had a small part in the campaign ... he was the campaign manager for a while!

    PSN: JoeUser80 Steam
    Gnome-InterruptusSleepBucketmanMan in the MistsKana
  • SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    edited March 20
    Selner wrote: »
    JoeUser wrote: »
    Comey confirms Republican servers were hacked but no information released.

    So... they've got blackmail material, right? That's like really, really bad.
    Um, obviously the reason nothing was released from the Republican side is because everything was squeaky clean, absolutely beyond reproach, God bless America.

    That PotUS tweet misrepresenting what Comey said, tho... gosh dang. This whole situation is surreal.

    Surfpossum on
    is this how nations are born
    ShadowhopeCambiata
  • RichyRichy http://torchlightmedia.netRegistered User regular
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    Selner wrote: »
    JoeUser wrote: »
    Comey confirms Republican servers were hacked but no information released.

    So... they've got blackmail material, right? That's like really, really bad.
    Um, obviously the reason nothing was released from the Republican side is because everything was squeaky clean, absolutely beyond reproach, God bless America.

    That PotUS tweet misrepresenting what Comey said, tho... gosh dang. This whole situation is surreal.

    Number of people who follow the PotUS on Twitter: 16 million.
    Number of people who watch congressional hearings: maybe 100? 200 at the most? Not to mention Comey went out of his way to not contradict Trump's misrepresentation of his statement in his response, so you can't even go out and say "that's not what Comey said, look here!"

    "Comey said the Russians didn't influence the election" is the reality now. Surreal or not, factual or not, it's what everyone knows happened now.

    RichyFlag.gifsig.gif
    SurfpossumSleepGiggles_FunsworthMrVyngaardCambiata
  • JoeUserJoeUser Registered User regular
    Richy wrote: »
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    Selner wrote: »
    JoeUser wrote: »
    Comey confirms Republican servers were hacked but no information released.

    So... they've got blackmail material, right? That's like really, really bad.
    Um, obviously the reason nothing was released from the Republican side is because everything was squeaky clean, absolutely beyond reproach, God bless America.

    That PotUS tweet misrepresenting what Comey said, tho... gosh dang. This whole situation is surreal.

    Number of people who follow the PotUS on Twitter: 16 million.
    Number of people who watch congressional hearings: maybe 100? 200 at the most? Not to mention Comey went out of his way to not contradict Trump's misrepresentation of his statement in his response, so you can't even go out and say "that's not what Comey said, look here!"

    "Comey said the Russians didn't influence the election" is the reality now. Surreal or not, factual or not, it's what everyone knows happened now.

    But it will be all over the news tomorrow morning

    PSN: JoeUser80 Steam
    FencingsaxGnizmoDracomicronGennenalyse RuebendiscriderNightslyrNartwakBucketmanMan in the MistsMegaMekMild ConfusionElldren
  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    JoeUser wrote: »
    Richy wrote: »
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    Selner wrote: »
    JoeUser wrote: »
    Comey confirms Republican servers were hacked but no information released.

    So... they've got blackmail material, right? That's like really, really bad.
    Um, obviously the reason nothing was released from the Republican side is because everything was squeaky clean, absolutely beyond reproach, God bless America.

    That PotUS tweet misrepresenting what Comey said, tho... gosh dang. This whole situation is surreal.

    Number of people who follow the PotUS on Twitter: 16 million.
    Number of people who watch congressional hearings: maybe 100? 200 at the most? Not to mention Comey went out of his way to not contradict Trump's misrepresentation of his statement in his response, so you can't even go out and say "that's not what Comey said, look here!"

    "Comey said the Russians didn't influence the election" is the reality now. Surreal or not, factual or not, it's what everyone knows happened now.

    But it will be all over the news tomorrow morning

    yeah, you're never going to get to people who will cling to Trump's statement no matter what. But every single media outlet is going to lead with "trump got clowned on in the middle of a congressional hearing" and do a lot to override the other narrative.

    ShortyJoeUserGennenalyse RuebenGnome-InterruptusCambiata
  • JoeUserJoeUser Registered User regular
    Trump friend Roger Stone responds to the claims about his contacts with Russia


    Roger Stone responds to Comey hearing, denies claims of Russia collusion

    "I had no contact with Russians. This one has been manufactured by the intelligence service with an assist from Soros and Brock," Stone added. "I'm not gonna stop fighting for Donald Trump, nor are they going to silence me. I am anxious to go to the committee. Let's see if they can handle the truth."

    This guy is bananas.

    PSN: JoeUser80 Steam
    shrykeDracomicronGnome-InterruptusNightslyrKamarButtersMan in the MistsGiggles_FunsworthRedTideKanaMegaMekemp123MrVyngaardnaengwenElldren
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    Richy wrote: »
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    Selner wrote: »
    JoeUser wrote: »
    Comey confirms Republican servers were hacked but no information released.

    So... they've got blackmail material, right? That's like really, really bad.
    Um, obviously the reason nothing was released from the Republican side is because everything was squeaky clean, absolutely beyond reproach, God bless America.

    That PotUS tweet misrepresenting what Comey said, tho... gosh dang. This whole situation is surreal.

    Number of people who follow the PotUS on Twitter: 16 million.
    Number of people who watch congressional hearings: maybe 100? 200 at the most? Not to mention Comey went out of his way to not contradict Trump's misrepresentation of his statement in his response, so you can't even go out and say "that's not what Comey said, look here!"

    "Comey said the Russians didn't influence the election" is the reality now. Surreal or not, factual or not, it's what everyone knows happened now.

    To be fair, I am one of those 16 million, and the reason for that is that I followed it when Obama was president. The vast majority of the things from the Trump admin on twitter are through his personal account, not the POTUS one. I don't recall ever seeing a @POTUS tweet show up in my feed, in fact, which is why it hasn't yet been unfollowed.

    Shorty
  • CogCog Registered User regular
    JoeUser wrote: »
    Trump friend Roger Stone responds to the claims about his contacts with Russia


    Roger Stone responds to Comey hearing, denies claims of Russia collusion

    "I had no contact with Russians. This one has been manufactured by the intelligence service with an assist from Soros and Brock," Stone added. "I'm not gonna stop fighting for Donald Trump, nor are they going to silence me. I am anxious to go to the committee. Let's see if they can handle the truth."

    This guy is bananas.

    Let us never forget that Roger Stone has a tattoo of Richard Nixon on his back.

    shrykeJoeUserBucketmanNartwakLoisLanePLAMan in the MistsCommander ZoomGiggles_FunsworthEdith UpwardsMegaMekemp123Emerlmaster999naengwenCalicaMild Confusion
  • JoeUserJoeUser Registered User regular
    I would love for Stone to testify before the Intelligence Committee, please let this happen.

    PSN: JoeUser80 Steam
    Mr KhanNightslyrBullheadBucketmanOghulkLoisLaneMan in the MistsGiggles_FunsworthEdith UpwardsEmerlmaster999naengwenElldren
  • SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    edited March 20
    Richy wrote: »
    Surfpossum wrote: »
    Selner wrote: »
    JoeUser wrote: »
    Comey confirms Republican servers were hacked but no information released.

    So... they've got blackmail material, right? That's like really, really bad.
    Um, obviously the reason nothing was released from the Republican side is because everything was squeaky clean, absolutely beyond reproach, God bless America.

    That PotUS tweet misrepresenting what Comey said, tho... gosh dang. This whole situation is surreal.

    Number of people who follow the PotUS on Twitter: 16 million.
    Number of people who watch congressional hearings: maybe 100? 200 at the most? Not to mention Comey went out of his way to not contradict Trump's misrepresentation of his statement in his response, so you can't even go out and say "that's not what Comey said, look here!"

    "Comey said the Russians didn't influence the election" is the reality now. Surreal or not, factual or not, it's what everyone knows happened now.

    Fox News, CNN, Breitbart, MSNBC, all running "FBI confirms investigation into Russian interference in election" as the headline

    Spaffy on
    ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Yeah, that tweet's just going to bury Trump deeper. Especially that it got fact checked in real time.

    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
    PreacherMarathonShortyMartini_PhilosopherNightslyrSleepBucketmanNartwakLoisLaneTheRoadVirusMan in the MistsGiggles_FunsworthHacksawMrVyngaardnaengwenElldren
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    Yeah, that tweet's just going to bury Trump deeper. Especially that it got fact checked in real time.

    Yeah, any news outlet looking for a summary of events from today is going to feature this series of events.

    Dumb Hero wrote: »
    "Okay, you take 2d4 damage from the ogre's dick impaling your 2inch anus"
    Satan! Look here!
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

    They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
    Gnome-InterruptusMartini_PhilosophershrykeNightslyrknitdanBucketmanDedwrekkaLoisLaneArdolGennenalyse RuebenFencingsaxGiggles_FunsworthHacksawemp123MrVyngaardnaengwenCalicaElldrenBlackDragon480
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    JoeUser wrote: »
    Trump friend Roger Stone responds to the claims about his contacts with Russia


    Roger Stone responds to Comey hearing, denies claims of Russia collusion

    "I had no contact with Russians. This one has been manufactured by the intelligence service with an assist from Soros and Brock," Stone added. "I'm not gonna stop fighting for Donald Trump, nor are they going to silence me. I am anxious to go to the committee. Let's see if they can handle the truth."

    This guy is bananas.

    Yeah, I'm not aware of too many people who basically dare Congress to subpoena them.

    On the other hand, Congress doesn't seem to have a problem with perjury, so why not show up and bullshit for a few hours?

    ShortySleepLoisLane
  • ShortyShorty JUDGE BROSEF Registered User regular
    roger stone is an avowed political performance artist, and therefore you can safely assume that his bravado is simply bluster

    he is certainly terrified and the fact that he's an apparatchik and not an elected official means nobody's gonna have any problem throwing him under the bus if doing so makes the party look good

    chillaxton.jpg
    we gonna be alright
    PreachershrykeMr KhanLoisLaneGennenalyse RuebenFencingsaxEdith UpwardsMegaMekMrVyngaardMan in the Mists
  • Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    OptimusZed wrote: »

    From the right wing Jennifer Rubin no less.

    Couple interesting points at the end of the article, about how due to Trumps actions, trust in the Presidency is at an all time low, and also trust in the Intelligence Community. Will be interesting to see if those rebound for the next president, or if the amount of tinfoil hatters is going to skyrocket now that the POTUS is openly contradicting the IC.

    steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • LabelLabel Registered User regular
    Cog wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    Opposition of Russian activities on the grounds of its
    JoeUser wrote: »

    Is he maintaining the idea that GCHQ does it? Because that is going down very poorly amongst some circles over here

    There's some noise that the GCHQ story was started by Russia.

    On reflection, Russia would certainly have a motive to do so. And that would explain why the fuck they were specified, and not the eastern european intel services that watch russian communications like a fiend and were rumored to be catching russian internal communications about assisting the Trump campaign.

    Makes a certain amount of sense that Russia might push the GCHQ surveillance lie.

  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    OptimusZed wrote: »

    From the right wing Jennifer Rubin no less.

    Couple interesting points at the end of the article, about how due to Trumps actions, trust in the Presidency is at an all time low, and also trust in the Intelligence Community. Will be interesting to see if those rebound for the next president, or if the amount of tinfoil hatters is going to skyrocket now that the POTUS is openly contradicting the IC.

    Didn't even notice it was Rubin.

    Shameless Link whoring updated Fridays starting 1/26/17
    http://exterminatorsassistant.blogspot.com/
    OptimusZed
  • PantsBPantsB Registered User regular
    Cog wrote: »
    Paraphrasing:

    Swalwell: "Would Russia use someone's financial distress to exploit them?"

    Comey: "Yes"

    Swalwell: "Like say.... 6 bankruptcies?"

    Comey: "....... I uh... I dont know."

    Swalwell: "Did you know president Trump had 6 bankruptcies?"

    Comey: "No comment."

    How does someone get a reputation for impartiality when waffling answers like these are given?

    He was so loyal to his immediate (Republican) supervisor AG Ashcroft that he followed his orders and didn't allow himself to be made into a patsy over one warrantless surveillance programs when Bush, Gonzales and Andrew Card asked that it meant he was his own man.

    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • PantsBPantsB Registered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »
    Oghulk wrote: »
    They must be fucking terrified right now if they're live tweeting this hearing from the official POTUS account.

    This is the first time we've seen this. They must know something is there if they're trying to defend themselves this much.

    Yes, the fact that Trump colluded with a foreign power to sabotage the election in his favor.

    And is still taking direction from them.

    It's obvious this happened and is still going on.

    I think the spin is going to be that yes Putin didn't want Clinton to win, but that doesn't mean they wanted Trump to win.

    And its obvious that Clinton was Putin's worst case scenario and he worked against her from jump street. But that doesn't mean he wasn't backing Trump too. Even before Trump got the nomination his candidacy hurt America by making the whole thing a farce and hacking away at our reputation. I'm sure he didn't think Trump could win, just like no one did until it happened. But having an overtly racist buffoon represent America even as a candidate was a huge win.

    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
    milskidispatch.oCommander Zoom
  • GatorGator An alligator in Scotland Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    OptimusZed wrote: »

    From the right wing Jennifer Rubin no less.

    Couple interesting points at the end of the article, about how due to Trumps actions, trust in the Presidency is at an all time low, and also trust in the Intelligence Community. Will be interesting to see if those rebound for the next president, or if the amount of tinfoil hatters is going to skyrocket now that the POTUS is openly contradicting the IC.

    Didn't even notice it was Rubin.

    Rubin is hated by a large part of Trump's base

    Because she's part of the people paid by Soros

    (That's altright newspeak for "she's a Jew")

    Ticaldfjam
Sign In or Register to comment.