As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

If It's Yellow Let It Mellow [Trump/Russia Scandal]: Timeline, News, Analysis

1111213141517»

• So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Maddow apparently did a segment on this tonight, I don't get MSNBC though

• davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Maddow apparently did a segment on this tonight, I don't get MSNBC though

Can you watch this one?

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/trump-favor-for-unpopular-russia-raises-questions-of-motive-863845443847

• GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    Handgimp wrote: »
    The paranoid in me thinks they "found" the spy courtesy the Trump White House.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought this. Go figure shortly after Trump starts getting classified info this spy is suddenly found out.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Gonmun wrote: »

Glad I'm not the only one who thought this. Go figure shortly after Trump starts getting classified info this spy is suddenly found out.

It may be a small mercy that Trump doesn't get briefings from the intelligence community now you say that.

• override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Funny they didn't have that discussion about the Hilary email stories

almost 50% of trump voters would be okay with him using a private e-mail server

• CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular

So the US government is going to turn over all their spies to the Russian government? Clever. I have this little feeling, that the Russians won't return the favor.

So the US government is going to turn over all their spies to the Russian government? Clever. I have this little feeling, that the Russians won't return the favor.

0blofeld_9.jpg

• davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular

Don't need spies when you have the top spot locked down.

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    That NYT story is full of delicious details. It's hard to choose a paragraph to quote.
    Both Novaya Gazeta, an outlet for the liberal opposition, and Tsargrad, a hard-line nationalist publication, reported that the F.S.B. made a brutal show of his arrest.

Agents arrested Mr. Mikhailov with a theatrical touch, placing a bag over his head in the midst of a congress of senior intelligence agency officers in Moscow and leading him from the room, the two publications reported.

“The arrest was certainly colorful,” Tsargrad’s report said. “Mikhailov was led from the congress of F.S.B. colleagues with a bag on his head.”

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    the fact that the USSR is making a show of these treason charges makes me think that the connection between Russia and Trump is actually real

my phone auto-corrected USSR so whatever

• Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »
    the fact that the USSR is making a show of these treason charges makes me think that the connection between Russia and Trump is actually real

...was there ever any doubt?

• ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    The hints suggested that the Russian government may be signaling that it might, however indirectly through a treason trial, reveal details of election hacking, which would have the potential to damage Mr. Trump’s administration.

But there is another explanation, if something of a counterintuitive one: Documenting a Russian role in the electoral hacks could also serve Moscow’s foreign policy interests by underscoring the extent and power of the Kremlin’s reach in the world.

This is a pretty cool story, I have to admit. It's a got spies, hacking, bags, a man who lives in a remote Siberian village.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    If it is to destabilize Trump's administration that is a really good translation of Machiavelli Putin is reading.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
    If that's what Putin's doing it's masterclass SPECTRE spy bullshit. Where's James Bond when you need him?

• Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    If that's what Putin's doing it's masterclass SPECTRE spy bullshit. Where's James Bond when you need him?

You mean the ex mi6 guy who leaked a bunch of trump russia stuff?

He is in hiding for his life

Al_wat wrote: »

You mean the ex mi6 guy who leaked a bunch of trump russia stuff?

He is in hiding for his life

Real life James Bond, yeah. Movie James Bond, no.

• Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Movie james bond's last movie role was as a stormtrooper

We're still fucked

Al_wat on
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Cross quoting because it'll probably get lost in the bustle of the late night trump thread:
    Trace wrote: »
    http://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/kgb-chief-linked-to-trump-file-found-dead-amid-kremlin-cover-up-claims-35404816.html

An ex-KGB chief suspected of helping the former MI6 spy Christopher Steele to compile his dossier on Donald Trump may have been murdered by the Kremlin and his death covered up, it's been claimed.

Oleg Erovinkin, a former general in the KGB and its successor the FSB, was found dead in the back of his car in Moscow on December 26 in mysterious circumstances.

Mr Erovinkin was a key aide to Igor Sechin, a former deputy prime minister and now head of Rosneft, the state-owned oil company, who is repeatedly named in the dossier.

steam_sig.png
    Spoit wrote: »
    Cross quoting because it'll probably get lost in the bustle of the late night trump thread:
    Trace wrote: »
    http://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/kgb-chief-linked-to-trump-file-found-dead-amid-kremlin-cover-up-claims-35404816.html

An ex-KGB chief suspected of helping the former MI6 spy Christopher Steele to compile his dossier on Donald Trump may have been murdered by the Kremlin and his death covered up, it's been claimed.

Oleg Erovinkin, a former general in the KGB and its successor the FSB, was found dead in the back of his car in Moscow on December 26 in mysterious circumstances.

Mr Erovinkin was a key aide to Igor Sechin, a former deputy prime minister and now head of Rosneft, the state-owned oil company, who is repeatedly named in the dossier.

Nothing suspicious here. Move along, citizens.

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    How very mysterious.

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Panda4You wrote: »
    Oghulk wrote: »

...was there ever any doubt?

"Soviet Union? I thought you guys broke up?!"
    "Mwahahaha that's what we wanted you to think!"

https://youtu.be/cQKzesTq0Wo

Prohass on