As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Automatically embedding screenshots in a post/message?

DrezDrez Registered User regular
Uhhhh not sure what is going on here, but now, for the second time, I've accidentally embedded a screenshot in a post? Is this some kind of new feature of these forums, or am I losing my mind? I don't think I have any auto-uploading screenshots plugins for Firefox. I don't understand...

This time, I can't even edit it out of the post since it's in a private message.

edit: They are hosting at https://us.v-cdn.net/

edit 2: So if I take a screenshot, and push CTRL-V, it uploads it and puts it in the post? That's what it looks like. Apologies if I'm late to the party on this but I never really paid it much mind the last time it happened.

Is there any way to remove it from a private message or delete the image from where it is hosted?

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
Drez on

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    I have no idea what you're talking about

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Do you see some kind of "attachment" in this post? I checked if there was some third party software doing this, or Firefox itself, but it doesn't look like it.

edited January 2017
    Looks like this on my end:

postattachment.png

edit: Mortious in D&D chat confirmed it happens for him too. Sorry for the sloppy original post here.

Basically:

1) Take a screenshot (push PRINT SCRN)
    2) Click on the box where you type your post and push CTRL+V

It'll upload a screenshot to the forums, paste a link in the box, and for me embeds an attachment in the post as well.

Drez on
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    yeah that's a feature that was added when we switched to the vanilla forums, it's been around for years

wait I misread, I didn't know about copy-pasting a system screenshot directly into the post box, huh neat
    looks like the post box just accepts pastes of image data on the clipboard like an image editor would, that's a neat feature

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    edited January 2017
    OK, cool, I'm not crazy.

So yeah I guess the only issue is that I accidentally pasted a screenshot into a PM, and I can no longer delete the image since you cannot edit PMs (understandably).

It's not a big deal in this case - I guess I was asking if I am able to selectively remove screenshots I've accidentally uploaded to the forum, lol.

Drez on
    yeah that's a feature that was added when we switched to the vanilla forums, it's been around for years

wait I misread, I didn't know about copy-pasting a system screenshot directly into the post box, huh neat
    looks like the post box just accepts pastes of image data on the clipboard like an image editor would, that's a neat feature

It is. I had never seen it advertised, so it was weird to me.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    629x6rltd79w.png

yep it works with copied image data from photoshop too, and presumably paint or whatever else

BahamutZERO.gif