As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Would I [chat] to You?

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Ooh I wanna watch the Logan trailer. At work though. Hell yeah Logan actually going for the R this time.

(I've never seen Neverending Story in its entirety)

• AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Atomika wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Hey Shiv

remember last time I came out to a family member?

good times

oh man

hoo boy

Y

Yes : (

I feel like a dick for bringing that up now

I'm really sorry :sad:

you rock, still, as always

Nah it's fine! I was : ( for you

that was a shit day

and following year

but hey, at least this time I don't care about the reaction

this train left the station a long time ago

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2017
    Honk wrote: »
    I'm sorry what, there is a Neverending Story III?

So that must mean there is also a Neverending Story II?

Yes, that was a good sequel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg3pSz-P7IE

Falcor looks freaky as shit, though I assume he looked the same in the first movie.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • HounHoun Registered User regular
    Holy. Goddamn. Shit.

https://youtu.be/VHilK6b0Trs

I am 110% ready for this movie. Give me, yes, thank you.

Houn wrote: »
    The original Neverending Story is the only movie I will show my kids.

I mean, I liked PARTS of 2. The whole "every time you wish you lose a memory" thing was pretty awesome and freaky. I didn't like that all the actors changed. But NOTHING was going to top the fourth-wall breaking insanity of the first film. That shit blew my tiny little mind as a kid.

It's better than the book it was based on

It's possibly the best children's movie

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I don't approve of the government's choice to put forty days in this week. I'm tired and would like to get paid.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    There's nothing like conducting an audit on 4 hours of sleep. Damned fiscal calendar.

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    cptrugged wrote: »
    Oh the Power Rangers Movie.

Now our Millenial brothers will feel the sweet kiss of someone shitting all over their cherished childhood thing.

As a millennial who grew up on power rangers, I can assure you that it cannot be "ruined". It was a heaping pile of shit in its original form. It was a low budget teen drama written for 7-year-olds used as glue to piece together dubbed clips from an unrelated Japanese show. It existed to sell toys and fill time. It was so wretched that it's actually not possible for an adaptation to be worse.

If the movie were a single, unbroken shot of a power ranger staring at you for 90 minutes, it would be better. If halfway through the ranger took his helmet off and said the n-word (hard 'r') into the camera every few seconds it would be on par.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2017
    The Neverending Story is OK but it's no Labyrinth. One movie has David Bowie, and one has Limahl, also known as the guy who looked like Bowie in Labyrinth if you saw his face on the back of a spoon.

Bogart on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    It was good because the power rangers radically changed height in the combat scenes.

If it were a single, unbroken shot of a power ranger staring it you for 90 minutes it would be better. If halfway through the ranger took his helmet off and said the n-word (hard 'r') into the camera every few seconds it would be on par.

I laughed hard at this, but in the way someone probably would in the face of Cthulhu

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Xavier, talking to Logan in that trailer

"We've been on the road two days, had one meal and no sleep, she's eleven and I'm fucking ninety!"

Yes pls more k thx

are YOU on the beer list?
  • rockrngerrockrnger Registered User regular
    I think the power rangers helped a whole generation be critical of things.

At least for me it was the first thing I remember thinking was bad in like an artistic sense.

• LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    The thing I hate about power rangers is everything

I don't know why people like any of the xmen movies

Bogart wrote: »
    The Neverending Story is OK but it's no Labyrinth. One movie has David Bowie, and one has Limahl, also known as the guy who looked like Bowie in Labyrinth if you saw his face on the back of a spoon.

Labyrinth is also a top contender for Best

I think the competition may stop there, though

• Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    I come into work sick all the time, because I need money to survive.

Bogart wrote: »

Labyrinth 2 will have David Bowie's crotch cgi'd in

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2017
    If halfway through the ranger took his helmet off and said the n-word (hard 'r') into the camera every few seconds it would be on par.

Holy shit Dankey I'm crying...

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    It was good because the power rangers radically changed height in the combat scenes.

magic.

Actually, fuck, now i remember David Yost's story from the first few seasons and that kinda ruins the magic.

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I remember thinking the whole Green Ranger is evil and turned into the White Ranger thing was awesome as a kid, especially since it was a kids show with continuity and there weren't that many of those.

I refuse to go back and watch it because I know my memories will be shattered by reality and I much prefer the awesome memories.

• HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    Why is Fuchur called Falcor in English?

• HounHoun Registered User regular

Falcor looks freaky as shit, though I assume he looked the same in the first movie.

I think they changed the puppet between films.

One:
    falkor-the-luckdragon-from-the-neverending.jpg

Two:
    The-NeverEnding-Story-II-The-Next-Chapter-the-neverending-story-4151743-852-480.jpg

It's hard to tell, but something just feels different.

Houn wrote: »

I think they changed the puppet between films.

One:
    falkor-the-luckdragon-from-the-neverending.jpg

Two:
    The-NeverEnding-Story-II-The-Next-Chapter-the-neverending-story-4151743-852-480.jpg

It's hard to tell, but something just feels different.

You're right something is definitely much more freaky about the second one.

• 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    I come into work sick all the time, because I need money to survive.

Also because you take a sick pleasure out of knowing you're infecting your coworkers with your potent bacteria.

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    tbh i can't really think of anything my youth i hold so sacred as to get angry about

i was really into ninja turtles for a little while but as a grown ass man i just could not give a fuck anymore

i guess i am not very nostalgic as a rule

possibly is related to my lifelong tendency to maintain a flat measure of miserable

• wafflesmageewafflesmagee I like pancakes. Registered User regular
    We watched the Neverending Story a few times when we were kids but we watched The Dark Crystal so much more. I don't know why we loved it so much.

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I guess I'm a selfish uncaring young person because I think a 150+ car funeral train is a bit excessive down a busy main street at rush hour and decided to vet my annoyance to people I thought were sympathetic and less fucksticks at work.

My mistake.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    We watched the Neverending Story a few times when we were kids but we watched The Dark Crystal so much more. I don't know why we loved it so much.
    Because the dark crystal is fucken awesome.

I just now noticed your title, Waffles....

How can someone like waffles AND pancakes?

both are awful, crepes all the way.

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    I guess I'm a selfish uncaring young person because I think a 150+ car funeral train is a bit excessive down a busy main street at rush hour and decided to vet my annoyance to people I thought were sympathetic and less fucksticks at work.

My mistake.
    i think those people are probably having a worse day tbh

• cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular

"Of course not. You're a boy."

Pretty much every woman I know of that age found this to be the best line they'd ever heard.

• nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

and all the female characters grew dongs

Haphazard wrote: »

Because "Falcor" sounds awesome and like some kind of raptor beast and "Fucher" is not a sound in English

Elendil wrote: »

My mistake.
    i think those people are probably having a worse day tbh

I can agree, I just think it's a bit excessive to allow that many cars at once to ignore signal lights and general traffic safety, and cause traffic problems.

It may not have been an issue in, you know, 1900 when the whole town was at a funeral. But in 2017, with GPS and high amounts of urban density, I think we can forgo the "let's pay respect with our vehicles" type thing.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I find funeral processions in general to be annoying but I am way too medicated to explain why without coming off callous.

• Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

My mistake.

It's not an egyptian pyramid. The person who died didn't mandate a funeral procession of X length to "really inconvenience commuters and make all those plebs know who I am". Each car was filled with mourners that just lost someone they love.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    God damnit.

Tech support
    The printers broken.

@bowen @nexuscrawler
    Fix it.

And by fix it I mean there are too many people printing at the same time and my thing has been in the queue for 40 seconds, so the printer must be broke. FIX IT

Haphazard wrote: »

Because "Falcor" sounds awesome and like some kind of raptor beast and "Fucher" is not a sound in English

I can think of a sound to stand in for Fucher and I think it should be retconned into the movies because it would be hilarious.

"It's about respect, and you don't have any"

lol sure thing bucko

This discussion has been closed.