As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Let's [CHAT] about Angel of Bacon's boobies.

• GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited June 2007
    Grifter wrote: »
    can you see the red light district too? I need to open a brothel on the strip called MBOSâ„¢

Why would you name a strip club, "Manly Bitches On Steroids"?

To attract people like you.

Grifter on
  • bread of wonderbread of wonder Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Vegas caters to all sorts of odd fetishes. He's just trying to fill a niche.

Also, I've found that the best part of Vegas is being surrounded by a desert. I went there with some friends last year and we got kinda bored of the strip pretty fast, so we spent most of the remaining time we had there driving in the desert in a beat up old truck.

bread of wonder on
    Long distance runner, what you standin' there for?
  • AlyceInWonderlandAlyceInWonderland Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Oh man, when I went to Vegas to visit my cousins, I didn't really enjoy the strip (Besides the M&M store. Fucking YUM). The desert is where it's at. There are sometimes ancient pictographs on the rocks there, and it's just really fun to explore.

Just...bring a lot of water. Some guy died out in the desert when I was out there due to lack of water. That was kind of unsettling.

AlyceInWonderland on
  • Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited June 2007
    can you see the red light district too? I need to open a brothel on the strip called MBOS™

Why would you name a strip club, "Manly Bitches On Steroids"?

To attract people like you.

I told you before that I just don't feel that way about you, Grifter.

Besides, you'd have more luck with a Gunblade cabinet than a strip club anyway.

EDIT: @ Alyce: you...was this a guy with you? :shock:

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited June 2007
    I told you before that I just don't feel that way about you, Grifter.

I never said anything about you and me, mate. I think you're projecting your own homo-eroticism onto me.

Grifter on
    edited June 2007
    I'm not sure how to feel about you trying to attract surrogate-me's either.

Like Jimmy Stewart in Vertigo there.

Angel_of_Bacon on
    edited June 2007

EDIT: @ Alyce: you...was this a guy with you? :shock:

Oh man, no! I was up exploring the red rocks, and I heard an ambulance (I can't believe someone actually had service on their cell all the way out there), looked to my left, and saw several people in hysterics around a body on the floor. The ambulance guy put a blanket over the body, and put him in a body bag.

Turns out the guy died from complete dehydration and severe heat stroke.

On the drive home out of that same place, i'm pretty sure another person died, as I saw yet another crowd of people, an ambulance and another damned blanket. That day sucked.

AlyceInWonderland on
    edited June 2007
    People really need to learn to bring water with them while they're exploring the Nevada desert. It's kind-of common sense. You're in a desert, and deserts are not notoriously known as places with plenty of water, so logic says you should bring your own.

bread of wonder on
  • TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I am deathly afraid of the PCAT.

TheBog on
  • VirumVirum Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    So far I like the Safari beta for windows...Firefox has been crashing a lot recently so I think I might stick with it if it's as stable.

Virum on
    edited June 2007
    Virum wrote: »
    So far I like the Safari beta for windows...Firefox has been crashing a lot recently so I think I might stick with it if it's as stable.

lol.

http://apple.slashdot.org/apple/07/06/12/0120230.shtml

but whatever, really.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • StealthNachosStealthNachos Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I've got 5 browsers on my computer now. I use Opera though, since this computer is kind of slow. Firefox's startup takes forever compared to Opera, and I just sort of don't like IE 7. Have to make sure the sites work in every browser, even the ones I don't care for (Safari).

I didn't realise death was that rampant in the deserts around Las Vegas. Stupidity on the other hand...

I guess one just naturally leads to the other though.

StealthNachos on
    I tend to ramble.
    edited June 2007

lol.

http://apple.slashdot.org/apple/07/06/12/0120230.shtml

but whatever, really.

Hahaha.

On a related note, I don't think I'll ever understand why companies release beta projects the public. If it's not done, why risk alienating a potential userbase because of bugs?

Virum on
    edited June 2007
    Umm...

Does this site make anyone else want to rip phonebooks in half?

With your eyelids?

StealthNachos on
    I tend to ramble.
  • srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Firefox? Crashing? What? That's weird. I use Firefox all the time, the only thing that bugs me is it really hogs up all the memory and whatnot on my crappy computer. And it takes 20 seconds to start rather than 2 sometimes.

I don't think I'd be likely to willingly enter a desert for exploration purposes. I don't really like sun, and then the whole expanse of barren heated land thing just doesn't do it for me. I like forests more.

p.s. The pink text is because I have to use it in all CHAT threads for this game thing...nomic...SE++...yeah.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS
  • DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited June 2007
  • LlyLly Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    is the total opposite of me. Thanks for making me feel bad!

Lly on
  • ZimarooskiZimarooski Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    no_toast wrote: »
    Why is she not in AC you ask? She's heard too many weird stories from me I guess :D

Did you tell her about the sandwiches? I told my 12 year old cousin once, she wouldn't stop laughing.

I'd like to know more about these sandwiches.

Zimarooski on
    Favicon.gifFavicon.gifFavicon.gifFavicon.gif
  • no_toastno_toast Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Just stick around and you'll find out eventually. ^^

Terry the indoustrious sloth was great! I feel like that once in a century perhaps.

no_toast on
    edited June 2007
    srsizzy wrote: »
    Firefox? Crashing? What? That's weird. I use Firefox all the time, the only thing that bugs me is it really hogs up all the memory and whatnot on my crappy computer. And it takes 20 seconds to start rather than 2 sometimes.

Yeah, the last update the released has been crashing quite a few times when I get a lot of quicktime windows open. This used to happen with 1.5 or whatever and then they fixed it, and it's back. Also, the quick modify post never submits in this new version of Firefox on one of the forums (also vBulletin) I go to. It does here, I don't get it. I've used firefox for years but it's seriously getting annoying.

Virum on
    edited June 2007
    Quick Question to those who have a Tablet.

I just reformatted my computer, and then tried to draw with my tablet, but the pad doesn't act like the full part of the screen like it's supposed to. Like if I put the pen tip to the top right, the pointer on the screen won't go to the top right, it stays in place, and I have to drag it up, kind of like a mouse.

I think I lost my CD with all the tablet stuff on it to fix it, is there any way to fix this?

Edit: I have a project that I NEED to finish by tomorrow, and I need mah tablet to work D:

AlyceInWonderland on
  • bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited June 2007
    If it's a Wacom just download the drivers from the website. By default it works in 'mouse' mode which is position relative and not screen relative (screen relative meaning where you point on the tablet is where you point on the screen, like you want).

http://www.wacom.com/productsupport/select.cfm

bombardier on
    edited June 2007
    I don't have a tablet, but I'd try going to Wacom's (or whoever your tablet's manufacturer is) website and download the drivers (if you don't already have your tablet's drivers installed). Sounds like your computer's reading your tablet as a mouse (that's what it is pretty much without software installed for it).

bread of wonder on
    edited June 2007
    Quick Question to those who have a Tablet.

I just reformatted my computer, and then tried to draw with my tablet, but the pad doesn't act like the full part of the screen like it's supposed to. Like if I put the pen tip to the top right, the pointer on the screen won't go to the top right, it stays in place, and I have to drag it up, kind of like a mouse.

I think I lost my CD with all the tablet stuff on it to fix it, is there any way to fix this?

Edit: I have a project that I NEED to finish by tomorrow, and I need mah tablet to work D:

You get the drivers off the site? Uninstall the ones you have now and get the fresh ones. You also may have a screwy preference file (never heard of that resulting in what you're talking about, but it might do some good). In that case you need to search for the tablet.dat file and delete, then restart the computer. That's gonna get rid of any custom stuff you had going, but it sounds like you just got it back on, so no biggie.

Edit: I was beated.

StealthNachos on
    I tend to ramble.
    edited June 2007
    You guys are freakin' awesome! Hi-5s for all!

AlyceInWonderland on
  • core tacticcore tactic Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    I think I'll actually get around to using my drawing pad.

Eventually. I feel really lazy since my finals are spaced like 3 days apart.

core tactic on
    6700ab2ed7bb6f9876150c388a78a011.png
  • ZimarooskiZimarooski Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Man, I probably feel the same way you do right now. I have one more final to take before break, and while I could be taking this time to mess around I feel retardedly lazy.

I know after that final, though, I'm gonna be arting it up for realz.

Zimarooski on
    Favicon.gifFavicon.gifFavicon.gifFavicon.gif
  • core tacticcore tactic Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Man I suck at drawing mechs.

core tactic on
    6700ab2ed7bb6f9876150c388a78a011.png
  • MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    Sup, dudes!

MagicToaster on
    edited June 2007
    cause-of-death.gif

TheBog on
    edited June 2007
    Sup, dudes!

Moving....but especially the cleaning up and throwing away of junk....sucks.
    I have already moved 12 times in my life.

On a side note, does anybody think that Apple will update their MacBook Pros when Leopard comes out? I don't think so, but I'm hesitant to buy.

Virum on
  • MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    A girl made me cup cakes. I'm so excited!

MagicToaster on
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited June 2007
    A girl made me cup cakes. I'm so excited!

Yay! :D What kind, and were they tasty?

NightDragon on
  • LaliluleloLalilulelo Richmond, VARegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    TheBog wrote: »
    cause-of-death.gif

I think that's the best thing ever. Look I even came out of hiding.

Lalilulelo on
    edited June 2007
    Crap, I hate to bum this page out, but-

RIP, Mr. Wizard.

Angel_of_Bacon on
    edited June 2007
    I do not know this Mr. Wizard, but he sounds like a stand up chap. May he rest in peace.

By the way, Lali, I'm glad you find it funny but I don't really understand the first part of the joke. Perhaps you or someone else can point me in the right direction?

TheBog on
    edited June 2007
    NightDragon on
    edited June 2007
    Yes, I know this. I meant "failed to protect neck". Or am I just looking too deep into this?

TheBog on
  • LaliluleloLalilulelo Richmond, VARegistered User regular
    edited June 2007
    He didn't check himself. thus he wrecked himself. Erego, deserved whatever came next. In this case, that was getting hit in the throat.

Lalilulelo on
    edited June 2007
    I just felt like posting the link.

NightDragon on
This discussion has been closed.