As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

overwatch: "please play HotS too" -blizz

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    So... does Tracer get a giant dragon head skin?

Because that'd be awesome.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    KalTorak wrote: »
    So... does Tracer get a giant dragon head skin?

Because that'd be awesome.

That looked like a potg/highlight intro, her new costume that mostly black outfit with the fancy detailing

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    What's new for the YotR Event:
    D.Va		Emote			750
    Junkrat		Emote			750
    Mei		Emote			750
    Tracer		Highlight Intro		750
    Mercy		Highlight Intro		750
    Roadhog		Highlight Intro		750
    D.Va		Skin			3000
    Mei		Skin			3000
    Mei		Skin			3000
    Reinhardt	Skin			3000
    Roadhog		Skin			3000
    Winston		Skin			3000
    Zenyatta	Skin			3000
    Ana		Skin			750
    Bastion		Skin			750
    Junkrat		Skin			750
    Mercy		Skin			750
    Symmetra	Skin			750
    Tracer		Skin			750
    Ana		Victory Pose		225
    Bastion		Victory Pose		225
    D.Va		Victory Pose		225
    Junkrat		Victory Pose		225
    Mei		Victory Pose		225
    Roadhog		Victory Pose		225
    Sombra		Victory Pose		225

Plus two sprays and a voice line per character

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    what character is he?

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Perrsun wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SX2lJuk66xI

DVa bow from inside her mech!

Roadhog's hook is now a... claw? That's pretty awesome.

I think it's supposed to be a rake.

That would make more sense, considering the Journey to the West character.

Perrsun on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Just got done browsing through all the new content myself, and man most of it is fucking awesome.

Dragon head Tracer is a highlight intro and is super awesome, and Mei's alt-color legendary skin is cool as hell. I wasn't feeling the red, but this one is white and pink and looks great. And Zenyatta's and Winston's new skins are beyond awesome. I think Winston's blows his Yeti skin out of the water, personally.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    what character is he?

He's Tripitaka, the monk
    journey_to_the_west_by_kuren-d35ja9q.jpg

• Options
    edited January 2017
    what character is he?

59836b4b8867b9eedb4d5a534761cb6b.jpg
    Zhu Bajie

Edit: oops missing so many middle posts :/

Perrsun on
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    I swear if the update drops and my rest mode PS4 doesn't start the download before I get home, I'll, I'll, I'll...

(distant screaming)

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    what character is he?

latest?cb=20150205163520&path-prefix=protagonist

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
  • Options
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2017561/

This is on Netflix and I really liked it. And with all the Journey characters it's topical!

• Options
    So Winston is Goku?

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    got the dva emote and roadhog intro in my free box hell yeah

now to not play the game for another three and a half hours cause i have to go to work for a bit :-1:

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    Houk wrote: »
    oh cool you're going to just be really shitty to me for daring to be frustrated with a predatory DLC model.

Fuck you too, I guess.

You (I think it's you, anyway) seem to bring this up literally every time another event rolls around. You voice the same complaint, everyone who agrees or disagrees throws out the same arguments for 10-20 pages, nothing of value is gained. Plus, now that you can buy event costumes with in-game currency (which yes, we all know is not easy to come by) makes this complaint of 'I can't get the exact video game thing I want in exactly the way I want to get it', honestly, kind of entitled and insignificant. If it really bothers you that much, take it up with the devs. We can't do anything about it, and in the meantime the pointless arguing about it drags down an otherwise fun thread about a neat video game.

I think you're mistaking me for someone else.

It's not the first time I've mentioned it ever but I've never been in a big argument about it with anyone on the forums.

I am allowed to express my opinion and no me saying "I think this is a shitty thing" doesn't really merit being talked down to.

And the idea that we shouldn't complain about something we don't like if the devs aren't around is pretty silly. This is a forum. I am allowed to express a negative opinion about a game as much as you are allowed to do the opposite. And my opinions aren't any more "insignificant" than yours.

But yo thanks for dragging my name through the mud and getting people to agree-dogpile me over something I didn't even do.

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I am torn on whether to buy that Zenyatta skin with the three thousand I have, or spend it on all the excellent Junkrat material

...aw heck who am I kidding that Zenyatta skin is too good

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    I never buy anything until the last day of the event

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Also the idea that I am entitled for complaining that I can't give them money for a thing is also pretty silly.

• Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    Are games refusing to load for anyone else?

• Options
    You've gotta have the cool gear during the event tho

I'll get my free box and the 3 from the arcade, plus any from XP during that, then I'll get one more box.

If I don't have the D.Va skin by then, I'm just buying it.

I wish I could buy loot boxes or credits with CP. I'd rather have that than more gold weapons.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20752795395#post-4

The hero balance changes.

Mostly stuff we already knew.

One thing I think is interesting is that Lucio can now wallride backwards. I didn't here much talk about that and it'll make using his wallride so much easier.

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Isn't discussing (arguing about) lootboxes forbidden in this thread anyway? Or is that the G&T thread?

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    oh cool you're going to just be really shitty to me for daring to be frustrated with a predatory DLC model.

Fuck you too, I guess.

Sorry for being a jerk there.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    The Geek wrote: »

Fuck you too, I guess.

Sorry for being a jerk there.

Accepted, and sorry for snapping back.
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    You've gotta have the cool gear during the event tho{/quote]

That's the downside to events all being tied to holidays or similar things like the Olympics.

A good chunk of the skins look out of place once we get some distance from the event.

Like, it's gonna feel weird playing as Santa Lucio in Spring.

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    SirToasty wrote: »
    Isn't discussing (arguing about) lootboxes forbidden in this thread anyway? Or is that the G&T thread?

that's the G&T thread

we are FREE and UNCHAINED

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »
    I am torn on whether to buy that Zenyatta skin with the three thousand I have, or spend it on all the excellent Junkrat material

...aw heck who am I kidding that Zenyatta skin is too good

He's so dreamy...

• Options
    I feel like if a skin can't hold its own outside the event

it is not a skin worth worrying over

Winston is always going to look cool as a yeti. Junkrat is always going to look cool as Frankenstein.

Heck Tracer is one of my mains and I haven't changed off the sprinter skin since I got it because it's so good

• Options
    The more events we have, the more surprised I am that Blizzard let us buy the event items. I am weak and I would definitely have bought an 11 box pack at the start of every event, like I did for Summer.

I wonder if they'll ever have premium event boxes. Like have boxes that have 4 event items in them and no dupes, but you can only buy them.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    The new zenyatta skin just makes him look evil to me

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Houk wrote: »

Fuck you too, I guess.

You (I think it's you, anyway) seem to bring this up literally every time another event rolls around. You voice the same complaint, everyone who agrees or disagrees throws out the same arguments for 10-20 pages, nothing of value is gained. Plus, now that you can buy event costumes with in-game currency (which yes, we all know is not easy to come by) makes this complaint of 'I can't get the exact video game thing I want in exactly the way I want to get it', honestly, kind of entitled and insignificant. If it really bothers you that much, take it up with the devs. We can't do anything about it, and in the meantime the pointless arguing about it drags down an otherwise fun thread about a neat video game.

I think you're mistaking me for someone else.

It's not the first time I've mentioned it ever but I've never been in a big argument about it with anyone on the forums.

I am allowed to express my opinion and no me saying "I think this is a shitty thing" doesn't really merit being talked down to.

And the idea that we shouldn't complain about something we don't like if the devs aren't around is pretty silly. This is a forum. I am allowed to express a negative opinion about a game as much as you are allowed to do the opposite. And my opinions aren't any more "insignificant" than yours.

But yo thanks for dragging my name through the mud and getting people to agree-dogpile me over something I didn't even do.

I understand your opinion, but disagree with it. If it wasn't you, as seems to be the case, I'm sorry for my mistake. That being said, I didn't 'drag your name through the mud' and I didn't 'get' anyone to do anything. You might be letting this affect you more than it should. But I'm not really interested in talking about blind boxes or how mad people get at them, so that's about it from me on that topic.

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »

from my point of view the omnics are evil

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »

THEN YOU ARE LOST

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Edit: Forget it

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    crwth wrote: »

Well it is understandable that someone would think robots infected with broken code are evil

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Kill all robots before they can kill us

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited January 2017
    too late we're already dead

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »

Winston is always going to look cool as a yeti. Junkrat is always going to look cool as Frankenstein.

Heck Tracer is one of my mains and I haven't changed off the sprinter skin since I got it because it's so good

Those are all skins I don't consider good out of season so ymmv

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    #pipe wrote: »

Those are all skins I don't consider good out of season so ymmv

That's kind of my point! Wear the skins you like! I personally wouldn't worry over a skin I wouldn't wanna wear year round.

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I think out of season skins are enjoyable because of the contrast.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    I cannot handle how cute this new Mei skin is on the menu.

How did they manage to make this dark lord of satan even more adorable?

ZD98Zka.png
This discussion has been closed.