As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wrestling] 2016 should have been two hours long

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Actually I really think they need to close Takeover with Asuka vs Moon, assuming that's the plan for the Women's title match

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I think closing it with a Tag Title match is fine given that DIY and The Revival put on the 2 best matches in NXT, and maybe WWE, last year

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I think closing it with a Tag Title match is fine given that DIY and The Revival put on the 2 best matches in NXT, and maybe WWE, last year

I think Asuka vs Moon or

the official DIY/AoP/Revival 3 way

could realistically close.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    But man, NXT seriously needs to start elevating more people to the main event after Takeover.

• Options
    The 2012 documentary on GLOW is going on Netflix Mar 31

• Options
    hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular

Smart way to hype up the series they're making.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Heh, Ohno's new theme is called Hero's Welcome

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Anyone want to see Bobby Lashley and Josh Barnett in a pro wrestling match tonight

• Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular

Wasn't it already on Netflix a few years ago? Or was that another GLOW documentary? I know it was one of the first things I watched after I subscribed, along with a documentary about Fabulous Moolah that somehow left out the parts of her career where she (allegedly) pimped out young women to wrestling promoters.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Looks like the NXT before Mania will be a clip show only.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    Kreutz wrote: »

Wasn't it already on Netflix a few years ago?

Got taken off at some point. Things going away and coming back happens a lot on Netflix. It coming back now is timely off the recent announcement of the series

• Options
    He's not wrong. Tiger Mask W's mask looks so bulky and uncomfortable.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular

Not as uncomfortable as Kevin Kelly's attempts to convince me he has a crunchy roll account and watched all of Tiger Mask W.

• Options
    Magell wrote: »

Not as uncomfortable as Kevin Kelly's attempts to convince me he has a crunchy roll account and watched all of Tiger Mask W.

It may be worth going back and rewatching that match just to hear this.

• Options

It may be worth going back and rewatching that match just to hear this.

It's the wrestle kingdom match.

• Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    This is the anniversary of both NXT's debut and Daniel Bryan's WWE debut match (if you don't count that John Cena match from way back when, of course).

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    Orlando News 13 reports that a student in Poinciana, Florida brought a “kill list” to school that the fourteen year-old boy’s family claims was inspired by Chris Jericho. The outlet says according a mother of children at the school overheard her child saying that a “kid wrote a list, and it includes most of the kids on the football team, and he wants to shoot them.”

An incident report from the Sheriff’s Office said that deputies spoke with the family of the student who wrote the list, and they said that he got the idea from watching WWE and mimicking The List.

Oooooooooof

• Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Orlando News 13 reports that a student in Poinciana, Florida brought a “kill list” to school that the fourteen year-old boy’s family claims was inspired by Chris Jericho. The outlet says according a mother of children at the school overheard her child saying that a “kid wrote a list, and it includes most of the kids on the football team, and he wants to shoot them.”

An incident report from the Sheriff’s Office said that deputies spoke with the family of the student who wrote the list, and they said that he got the idea from watching WWE and mimicking The List.

Oooooooooof

Cue hysteria about the concept of making lists.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Damn you, Chris Jericho and WWE, for inventing the concept of lists.

WatchMojo better look the fuck out, else they might be named as an accomplice too.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Meh, lots of people have lists like Santa. Jericho doesn't even get wrestling revenge on people he just writes their name down.

• Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    Meh, lots of people have lists like Santa. Jericho doesn't even get wrestling revenge on people he just writes their name down.

Technically, the people on the list also get "It".

We just haven't figured out what "It" is yet.

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Skwigelf wrote: »

Technically, the people on the list also get "It".

We just haven't figured out what "It" is yet.

A hearty handshake?

A strawberry strudel?

...sex?

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    The people on Jericho's list are still alive, so we at least know that "it" doesn't involve shooting them

That's the main difference here I feel

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    "It" is the new Fozzy album

Which is punishment enough

• Options
    It won't happen, but I would love it if, during one of New Day's host spots during WM, the Hardys suddenly teleported into the arena via Vanguard 1 and entered into a promo war with them.

A wrestling fan can dream.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    It won't happen, but I would love it if, during one of New Day's host spots during WM, the Hardys suddenly teleported into the arena via Vanguard 1 and entered into a promo war with them.

A wrestling fan can dream.

That's not impossible. Highly, highly improbable, but not impossible.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    The Hardy's would have to agree to completely fuck over TNA though.

I don't see them doing that.

wirehead26 on
  • Options
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    The Hardy's would have to agree to completely fuck over TNA though.

I don't see them doing that.

I'm pretty sure they can. They'll make way more money on the indy's and a wrestlemania gig anyway.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Matt is making so much from this Broken stuff on the indies. And he was already set for life to begin with, look at the house.

Wherever he ends up next, he isn't without full creative control of what he does. Jeff might be more lenient, but damned if you could find a time in his career where he visibly had more fun than this past year, so I expect him to be in the same (dilapidated) boat.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    It's not out of the question that WWE would give them creative control of their characters.

And I'm pretty sure Matt already had a lot of money before the Broken stuff, unless he lost it with his legal troubles.

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    I mean, they've got a compound. They're probably doing all right.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    The last I remember, high-end TNA contracts were worth 250k to 500k a year (that's what I read, anyway. Could be wrong). And with indy dates added in, I'm sure they're both doing pretty well.

At least, I hope they are. Those two have done some hellacious stuff to their bodies over the years. I hope they both have fat cushions of cash to sit on.

ChillyWilly on
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
  • Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    Writing their names down is all the revenge he needs. They now have to live with the fact that they are Stupid Idiots, and their stupid idiocy is permanently documented on The List Of Jericho.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    This is the anniversary of both NXT's debut and Daniel Bryan's WWE debut match (if you don't count that John Cena match from way back when, of course).

how 2 sell a knee bar.

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    thanks for that comment or I wouldn't ahve watched it

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/8alwL79BhuU

FIRE PRO WRESTLING IS RETURNING

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    oh fuck oh FUCK OH FUCK YES

This discussion has been closed.