As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cook Serve Delicious 2 can go to hell, the [Indie Game] Heat Signature is out

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    the game needs moves that look cool but are actually extremely bad, so that one possibility of your training is "wimp lo"

Try my "nuts to your fist" style

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Does the art style in Absolver remind anyone else of Massive Chalice or just me

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Does the art style in Absolver remind anyone else of Massive Chalice or just me

I get that in a big way too. I had no idea what it was before that trailer, so I was really excited for a new Massive Chalice thing when it started.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Absolver had a pretty crazy line all weekend at PAX East, so I didn't get any hands on time with it, but it looked real neat

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Absolver looks really good. I think even if it comes out and the combat is somehow fucked it'll still be worth it just to explore the systems at play.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I feel like I've heard the title Absolver before, but this is the first time I'm actually seeing it. It looks cool.

Also, I can not be the only one to instantly think of Vega from Street Fighter when seeing the masks.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I can't watch the video right now but does it discuss like, matchmaking, or at least making sure your area isn't populated by a bunch of Jackie Chans when you're just starting out?

jackie chan is exactly who you want your city to be populated with when you're starting out, he doesn't want any trouble

That's when he's the most dangerous!

presumably there's some sort of ladder system for the matchmaking?

Early contender for 2017's best forum post about a video game

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    I can't watch the video right now but does it discuss like, matchmaking, or at least making sure your area isn't populated by a bunch of Jackie Chans when you're just starting out?

jackie chan is exactly who you want your city to be populated with when you're starting out, he doesn't want any trouble

That's when he's the most dangerous!

presumably there's some sort of ladder system for the matchmaking?

Early contender for 2017's best forum post about a video game

Talk about damning with faint praise.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctYNBd6t4-g

One Shot is a game I really liked and it recently got a big content update, so if you were able to return to the game and found yourself unsatisfied with certain things you couldn't do I strongly recommend giving it another playthrough.

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmZ1k9en944
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGMlcQpQ6Ww
    Has-Been Heroes and Snake Pass are out for everything today, including Switch

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I tried has been heroes at pax and wasn't a huge fan but I'll probably grab snake pass for my switch

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    the game needs moves that look cool but are actually extremely bad, so that one possibility of your training is "wimp lo"

Try my "nuts to your fist" style

I laughed really, really hard at this because I'm literally a child

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    I haven't watched Kung Pao in a long time and that's...probably a good thing, honestly.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    cursedking wrote: »
    I haven't watched Kung Pao in a long time and that's...probably a good thing, honestly.

That said, "we trained him wrong, as a joke" is a pretty solid line that's surprisingly applicable in day-to-day life.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »

It was dated by the time it came out, but BOY has it not aged well.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    "He's an outsider. You ever seen him before?"

"Nuh-uh. Well. Twice."

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    It doesn't hold up quite as well as it did 10 years ago, but I still have a soft spot for that movie. There's some genuinely creative humor in the film.

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    There's definitely lots of lines in that movie that I think of fondly, I just doubt I'd actually like it anymore.

I just watched a youtube compilation and the opening where the lady picks up the baby and coos at it and then gingerly dumps it down the mountain still made me laugh.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular

https://youtu.be/zujDjI_tRBQ

if you've ever wondered what a super smash bros. game would look like without the nintendo licenses, but made my people who actually care about high level game balance, here you go

• Options
    Snake Pass is out. Anyone try it yet?

• Options

Yeah I'm just kinda sitting around waiting for a report on it too

6F32U1X.png
  • Options

Yeah I'm just kinda sitting around waiting for a report on it too

Well, on Steam there 33 total reviews and only 1 negative one, which simply states "Cannot change language." and one of the devs responded that they're working on fixing that issue.

On Metacritic, the Switch version has a single professional review, giving it an 8: http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Switch/Snake+Pass/review.asp?c=73461

Cites some technical issues (Blurry visuals, framerate drops, HD rumble goes berserk at times), a bit of a frustrating checkpoint system (you have to check point to save collectible progress) and apparently the puzzles rely more on the challenge of controlling a snake than being challenging in figuring them out. Other than that they had a positive take on it, as a (slightly) innovative take on the genre.

The PC, Xbox and PS4 versions do not have any professional reviews.

User reviews
    PC - 7.6 out of 5 ratings
    Switch - 8.7 out of 15 ratings
    PS4 - 5.9 out of 10 ratings
    Xbone - Not enough reviews to actually have a user rating yet.

Seems like the game is a little too under the radar at the moment.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    I think Everything might be the most important game in 2017?

because it's a game designed for the youtube Let's Play generation that doesn't just try to engage the player and viewership with mechanics but with ideas

I'm seeing game grumps, two guys known for fart and dick jokes, stop talking to listen to a dead british philosopher and then contextualize his ideas for their fans through their own experiences

and other famous LPers are doing that as well

Everything is fucking REVOLUTIONARY

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    I'm still not sure what Everything is, exactly

It's way too abstract for me

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    You know things?

What if there was all of those

• Options
    Does Everything have ketchup in it

• Options
    edited March 2017
    The Giant Bombcast, noted 3D platformer curmudgeons, were pretty positive on Snake Pass

So I am going to buy Snake Pass

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Everything reminds me of Katamari Damacy.

• Options
    captaink wrote: »
    Everything reminds me of Katamari Damacy.

Yeah that tends to happen after playing it for a while.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    The Giant Bombcast, noted 3D platformer curmudgeons, were pretty positive on Snake Pass

The thing giving me pause about this is they were positive on Grow Home as well

And Grow Home is dogshit

• Options

And Grow Home is dogshit

I bet you had the same experience with Grow Home that I did

I played it on PS4 and did not like it

Then I tried it on PC at a steady 60fps with an Xbox controller and liked it a lot more

The performance issues and the Dualshock triggers both do that game a disservice

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Isn't Grow Home generally rated as being a pretty good ga- oh

Veldrin on
  • Options

And Grow Home is dogshit

So they liked a game you didn't, therefore all future recommendations are forfeit?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

And Grow Home is dogshit

So they liked a game you didn't, therefore all future recommendations are forfeit?

In that very particular genre, 3D platformer with a weird movement gimmick? Absolutely

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular

And Grow Home is dogshit
    I almost got real mad until I realized you said "grow" and not "gone".

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    Gone Home is fantastic

Even after the year-plus of hype I heard about it, it managed to exceed all my expectations

• Options

And Grow Home is dogshit

In that very particular genre, 3D platformer with a weird movement gimmick? Absolutely

Oh wait GROW...

Well, at least I'm not the only one who misread

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Played a few levels of Snake Pass, I really like it

It has just about everything I need to make its unique mechanic work, and it really works

It's a very different kind of platforming I haven't seen before

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017

And Grow Home is dogshit

I mean he specifically said it gave him pause, that's not exactly a fiery-hot take.

'These guys really like this game, which is encouraging, but they also really liked a game that seems similar and which I hated, so I'm not 100% sold' is maybe the most uncontroversial Vowpinion you could come up with.

Houk the Namebringer on
This discussion has been closed.