As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] Does this syandana make my ass look fat?

• Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    Also, for like, Nidus? Nidus only starts to go real god-mode after things start living long enough that he can hit them enough to build up stacks. It's kinda fun then, since a no-stacks Nidus is really really different than a 40-stacks Nidus.

To be fair. Nidus is a reactor frame. He has a dedicated 'warm up' period. Much like Slo/Fast Nova builds the idea is to have a team or gear that allows you to optimize your damage output. Nidus + other frames can get some crazy good results. Case in point: Nidus and Saryn synergize so well you'd think they were designed with each other in mind. They were not, but that's how it goes.

Kinda the weird X + Y you get from Banshee/Loki, Vauban/Rhino etc.

Think about how to use Nidus's powers with a team and end game gets manageable.

I just wish to high heaven some of the frames that need some tweeks like Hydroid get them.

And look, LIMBO's new meta is insanely good. I'm curious is a Radial Loki build with Limbo Rift surge/stasis might wreck bombards.

PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Darmak wrote: »
    I'm gonna be the coolest
    androgynous space vinyl bondage warrior

But seriously though
    Is it possible to make a masculine character at all? It's fuckin' rad the way they handle the gender question, but I couldn't really get the face I wanted at all.
    The operator reveal was the coolest fucking moment I've had in a videogame in a long, long time. Like, I was really enjoying the quest up until that point but once that customization screen popped up my jaw hit the floor and I was like, "NO FUCKING WAY HOLY SHIT THIS IS FUCKING AMAZING OH MY GOD"

So I knew about the operator but not how it was revealed, nor did I know about this customization system. Like, I did the faces, and then I started scrolling. I thought it was all gonna be presets.

Also
    WTF Zenurik seems light-years ahead of the other schools. I decided to look it up before I picked, not realizing just how crazy the differences were.
    Are Vazarin and Madurai any good? Bonus damage and instant revives do sound pretty good. Does Vazarin's ability heal you too?
    I hear Madurai is just ehhhhhhh, but I've been using Vazarin for awhile and it's pretty great. The instant revives are really cool (they work on yourself getting revived as well as you reviving your teammates, and they stack so if you manage to use the ability more than once you can have up to 4, 8, 12, 16, etc., revives). And yeah, the ability itself heals everyone nearby and also has a node that lets it restore shields as well. I also have a node that has it give each teammate a temporary bubble shield that absorbs all incoming enemy fire (not melee or splash damage though that I've noticed). Sure, it's not making my energy restore faster like Zenurik or giving me tons of invisibility like Naramon, but it lets me clutch save teammates and defense/excavation objectives. I think that's a pretty good tradeoff since almost everyone else takes the more DPS oriented focus schools so I have a chance to play support and really help out on more difficult missions.

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    I'm gonna be the coolest
    androgynous space vinyl bondage warrior

But seriously though
    Is it possible to make a masculine character at all? It's fuckin' rad the way they handle the gender question, but I couldn't really get the face I wanted at all.
    The operator reveal was the coolest fucking moment I've had in a videogame in a long, long time. Like, I was really enjoying the quest up until that point but once that customization screen popped up my jaw hit the floor and I was like, "NO FUCKING WAY HOLY SHIT THIS IS FUCKING AMAZING OH MY GOD"

So I knew about the operator but not how it was revealed, nor did I know about this customization system. Like, I did the faces, and then I started scrolling. I thought it was all gonna be presets.

Also
    WTF Zenurik seems light-years ahead of the other schools. I decided to look it up before I picked, not realizing just how crazy the differences were.
    Are Vazarin and Madurai any good? Bonus damage and instant revives do sound pretty good. Does Vazarin's ability heal you too?

Second dream
    Zenurik and Naramon are the two strongest depending on what you're doing

Instant revive is also really nice but it isn't as gamechanging as either of those

• Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Room stuff
    Helminth is pretty darn cool, too. That's definitely going somewhere, what with Ordis' and Helminth's dialogue.
    I'm hoping the door straight across from Helminth's room turns out to be the room to Ordis's "core" or whatever, and the quest that opens it up reveals that Ordis and Helminth turn out to be the eternal Odd Couple.

I do think it's weird that Ordis doesn't even think to hint to you what's behind the infested door, before you crack it open with Nidus. Like...He could have mentioned it was for bio functions loooong ago, and would have made sense without dropping the whole "btw there's a biological sentience hiding in there".

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Nips wrote: »
    Room stuff
    Helminth is pretty darn cool, too. That's definitely going somewhere, what with Ordis' and Helminth's dialogue.
    I'm hoping the door straight across from Helminth's room turns out to be the room to Ordis's "core" or whatever, and the quest that opens it up reveals that Ordis and Helminth turn out to be the eternal Odd Couple.

I do think it's weird that Ordis doesn't even think to hint to you what's behind the infested door, before you crack it open with Nidus. Like...He could have mentioned it was for bio functions loooong ago, and would have made sense without dropping the whole "btw there's a biological sentience hiding in there".
    Still want to Kill It With Fire.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Room stuff

Still want to Kill It With Fire.
    It's total speculation, but I'm willing to bet it's named "Helminth" for a reason. It's a good bet the frames are armor over a gooey nanoinfestation center, and helminth therapy has, no kidding, been used to treat allergies/prevent worse conditions. So, frames and the orbiter are made of/"infected with" infestation in a controlled manner to provide an immunity from the rest of the Infestation. So this one's our disgusting friend/symbiote.

Damn untidy though, it's oozing everywhere.

• Options
    Dammit. Decide to level some stuff, strap on Nidus, head to Hieracon, and it's me, another Nidus, a Spore Saryn, and an Ember Prime. Yeah! Okay! Hit 40-50 stacks, just warming up, okay lePlayers waiting for you at the objective: 1.

Come on! It was just getting good!

• Options
    Dammit. Decide to level some stuff, strap on Nidus, head to Hieracon, and it's me, another Nidus, a Spore Saryn, and an Ember Prime. Yeah! Okay! Hit 40-50 stacks, just warming up, okay lePlayers waiting for you at the objective: 1.

Got into a match on Akkad and we were doing great and ran into a bug so we had 5 players! Super cool, all of us wanted to see how many waves we could go with that many people.

Except for that one fuckin guy that wanted to extract first thing. Turns out he was also the host and changing hosts also kicked the fifth player so we were left with only 3 afterwards. We still ended up going to wave 40 because it was me (Banshee), a Nidus, and a Titania. The Nidus and I were mowing down the infested left and right (the resonating quake augment is amaaaazing)

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Evil, Evil, Jump for joy! Registered User regular
    Warframe seriously needs a drop in/drop out system.

PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -TheNotoriusRNG
  • Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular

Got into a match on Akkad and we were doing great and ran into a bug so we had 5 players! Super cool, all of us wanted to see how many waves we could go with that many people.

Except for that one fuckin guy that wanted to extract first thing. Turns out he was also the host and changing hosts also kicked the fifth player so we were left with only 3 afterwards. We still ended up going to wave 40 because it was me (Banshee), a Nidus, and a Titania. The Nidus and I were mowing down the infested left and right (the resonating quake augment is amaaaazing)

I saw your message when I sat back down, I was afk deal with real life, which sucks. Playing now at what I think is 8 or 9 am your time, get on son!

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    kralizecc wrote: »

I saw your message when I sat back down, I was afk deal with real life, which sucks. Playing now at what I think is 8 or 9 am your time, get on son!

I am at work for the next 9-10 hours! If you're on tonight I might play a bit

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Also
    Naramon is narrow in its focus, but it's probably even more powerful than Zenurik.
    Otherwise the rest are...less powerful. Madurai is terrible. The damage boost is minimal. Unairu is also terrible.
    Vazarin isn't my cup of tea, but some people like the instant revives.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    LilleDjevelLilleDjevel Registered User regular
    Anyone know when the Limbo changes will hit live?

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,
    'til there's Fire in the Sky...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Any Xbox players interested in running ODD with dragon keys for the corrupted mods? I really need Narrow Minded and Blind Rage (for Chroma. I really want to play him as my "main" but not having much duration is really benching him sadly) but I wouldn't turn down any of the others.

I promise to bring a cured Inaros so no infections are spread.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Limbo rework? Fuck, yeah. Gotta get his quest done gone did.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    Entaru wrote: »
    Any Xbox players interested in running ODD with dragon keys for the corrupted mods? I really need Narrow Minded and Blind Rage (for Chroma. I really want to play him as my "main" but not having much duration is really benching him sadly) but I wouldn't turn down any of the others.

I promise to bring a cured Inaros so no infections are spread.

If you catch me on, I can come; it's pretty easy to pick them up in the recruiting channel though. I did a handful in order to get the ciphers for Mirage, went fine.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I still need blind rage and overextended, so I'd be up for some dragon key runs as well.

• Options
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    "Hrm, maybe I'll sneak in the Sortie tonight before bed...."

3rd stage: Spy.

"On second thought, I think I'd rather spend half an hour giving myself papercuts..."

...Yes I'm aware that many enjoy solo'ing them for fun and profit, that's not me, I generally rely on the kindness of strangers for some of these tilesets if we want to be done in a reasonable timeframe. :-/

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    yeah

I'm

I'm going to shill out for this prime vault

also I think her Prime helmet mostly looks great but those weird tendril things kinda ruin it

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    There is always one really dumb thing they bolt onto Primes to ruin them.

I think that's in their mission statement or something.

That being said, aww yiss that gun.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    There is always one really dumb thing they bolt onto Primes to ruin them.

I think that's in their mission statement or something.

That being said, aww yiss that gun.

Nova Prime's rather well done, I thought. And Trinity Prime's really not got all that much more ridiculous hanging off than usual Trinity, unless I'm forgetting...

• Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    Frost and Ember are rather subdued as well. Mag has a little keyface going on. Rhino has some small spinnybits. Volt has kneestilts. Loki is arguable.

Nyx, tho. Dat xenomorph head. Unfortunate.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    ash is a mix between samurai helmet and wicked cool green ranger ponytail

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Lua sorties have some sort of load time

• Options
    Man, all y'all trippin. The prime frames look cool as fuck, especially Nyx Prime and the upcoming Banshee Prime

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    I tried to play last night but I was having technical difficulties so I gave up.

My Nezha is out of the oven tonight so I am going to get on and as long as my connection to the servers holds up I want to kick the tires on him as a team support frame I picked up the Safeguard Aug already.

• Options
    Nezha support? what is this!

Impale ALL the things!

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Impaling things is a kind of support.

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Well yes. Pure support is not a thing that happens in Warframe but I d like to run frames with some Team Utility.

Between cleansing fire fields connected to "gotta go fast" and safeguard augment I feel like I can do a decent amount of team utility stuff.

What probable happens is I spend time leveling and formaing him and then just play Chroma or Inaros anyway.

Seidkona on
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Is Inaros incapable of getting the finisher kill from his #1 on infested enemies? I tried doing an endless survival to I could aim for a Life Strike drop, but the passive life gain wasn't triggering, so I had to duck out at 1 hour. I only had 1 revive left and I didn't want to push it.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Why do they call it Euphona Prime, when it should clearly be Pyrana prime

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • Options
    Brody wrote: »
    Is Inaros incapable of getting the finisher kill from his #1 on infested enemies? I tried doing an endless survival to I could aim for a Life Strike drop, but the passive life gain wasn't triggering, so I had to duck out at 1 hour. I only had 1 revive left and I didn't want to push it.

It can be buggy on Infested. Often if I find myself in a place where #1 wasn't working right (its based on the fact that for the infested "facing you" seems to be weird.) I'll just swap to using #2 to eat enemies. When using #2 I often will just eat them long enough to get the health and then let them you. You don't have to trigger it until they die which can take forever.

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Oh, I thought #2's reference to healing was supposed to mean keeping the sand trap alive, not taking the health for yourself... derp.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Impaling things is a kind of support.

Well dead is the best kind of CC after all! =D

Grass Grows,
    Birds Fly,

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Brody wrote: »
    Oh, I thought #2's reference to healing was supposed to mean keeping the sand trap alive, not taking the health for yourself... derp.

if you hold down #2 it'll pull the enemy to you and eat them if you let go you'll stop eating them but they'll still be int he sand trap for the duration.

if you hit a #2 on an enemy you (or a teammate) can use that enemy to eat them at any point with the use key.

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    I had to give up on Inaros because he was too strong for my content. Super neat frame.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Playing Titania a bit, and turning into a mini Archwing during a normal mission isn't going to lose its entertainment value anytime soon.

Down to just two frames missing; Ivara and Mesa.

Well, and Rhino Prime, but I'm hoping he gets unlocked sometime this year. And Excaliber Prime, because I'm not one of the chosen ones. And Banshee Prime but obviously I'm not counting unreleased frames for this list.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    I have a hard time playing anything but Titania these days. She's definitely not the best, but I just feel sad when I can't just randomly decide, 'fuck y'all we in an archwing mission now.'

The most fun I've had with the game. Though trying and painfully failing to become proficient at Nezha ring teleports or Spidervalkyr travel are close contenders.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Right now. Dera Vandal Stock vs Karak Wraith reciever.

It's the last piece I need for my Dera Vandal :)

This discussion has been closed.