As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PODCAST thread: it's like Taco Bell on your wedding day.

• Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    As much as I enjoyed hearing you talk about white power on TWA, I'm gonna point out that when dealing with light white is a mix of all colors.

So your joke about white being untainted by other colors doesn't work.

Because clearly Power Rangers power colors work like light and not paint.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    yeah but saying "the white power" made everyone else uncomfortable so I just leaned into it

• Options
    CharmyCharmy Registered User regular
    I was listening to Ep 17 of Let's Place earlier, and the guests trying to hijack the show with their own ranking podcasts ("Welcome to Ranking Every Digimon!") made me realize how good Luke is at coming up with podcast concepts.

Let's Place is a perfect platform for anarchic improv comedy. The randomly selected games provide a goldmine of jokes (thank you everyone who recommended Ep 10, which goes crazy places as the panelists learn more and more about Westfront Omega and its creator, Paul). Meanwhile, the "4 random games, 1 viewer suggestion" per episode format strikes a great balance between deep dives into weirdness and giving the audience something they can recognize and latch onto amidst the insanity.

And then there's the "Let Me Tell You About..." format, which is so versatile that it's already spawned two spin-offs and the main show is going into its third season. The core concept of "a super-fan introduces the thing they love to someone who knows nothing about it" is really endearing and relatable, and can be applied to almost anything. There's something inherently appealing about listening to someone talk about a thing they love and, in the process, convincing someone else to love it too.

I honestly think Luke could build an entire podcasting empire just by franchising off "Let's Place" and "Let Me Tell You About..." to cover different topics.

Anyway the point I'm trying to make is that @Speed Racer is very good at podcasts.

I have a twitter.
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    This Flop House features the unexpected delight of Dan and Elliott's very informed John Oliver impressions

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    yeah but saying "the white power" made everyone else uncomfortable so I just leaned into it

I don't think you understand. I'm here to ruin your fun with facts and complain when the same happens to me.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    This early spring like weather has me worried about summer.

Not looking forward to 100 degree weather with humidity at 100% when June rolls in.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Peacecraft speculation
    BadRaandyy is another polygon staffer fucking with griffin, right

The timing of the messages is too good and if griffin talked about his route at all internally they'd have a good idea of where he'd be

WeedLordVegeta on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Peacecraft speculation

The timing of the messages is to good and if griffin talked about his route at all internally they'd have a good idea of where he'd be
    Or another McElroy, but yeah, definitely someone on the inside.

Which while a bit contrived, is certainly better than just having it with nothing, because the series was about to get really boring.

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Peacecraft
    badrandy is a blizzard employee

And his name is griffin mcelroy, from the future

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    Peacecraft speculation

The timing of the messages is to good and if griffin talked about his route at all internally they'd have a good idea of where he'd be

Which while a bit contrived, is certainly better than just having it with nothing, because the series was about to get really boring.
    You can definitely see Travis logging in and out of battle net during this episode...

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    Peacecraft speculation

You can definitely see Travis logging in and out of battle net during this episode...

Do you have timestamps

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Who will rip out Pewdiepie's still beating heart and take over as the new ruler of youtube

If I do the first do I have to do the second?

Part of the ship.

Part of the Pew.

• Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Peacecraft speculation

Do you have timestamps

14:27

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Charmy wrote: »
    I was listening to Ep 17 of Let's Place earlier, and the guests trying to hijack the show with their own ranking podcasts ("Welcome to Ranking Every Digimon!") made me realize how good Luke is at coming up with podcast concepts.

Let's Place is a perfect platform for anarchic improv comedy. The randomly selected games provide a goldmine of jokes (thank you everyone who recommended Ep 10, which goes crazy places as the panelists learn more and more about Westfront Omega and its creator, Paul). Meanwhile, the "4 random games, 1 viewer suggestion" per episode format strikes a great balance between deep dives into weirdness and giving the audience something they can recognize and latch onto amidst the insanity.

And then there's the "Let Me Tell You About..." format, which is so versatile that it's already spawned two spin-offs and the main show is going into its third season. The core concept of "a super-fan introduces the thing they love to someone who knows nothing about it" is really endearing and relatable, and can be applied to almost anything. There's something inherently appealing about listening to someone talk about a thing they love and, in the process, convincing someone else to love it too.

I honestly think Luke could build an entire podcasting empire just by franchising off "Let's Place" and "Let Me Tell You About..." to cover different topics.

Anyway the point I'm trying to make is that @Speed Racer is very good at podcasts.

Was this the episode where he held us captivw at the end

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    it's 72 degrees outside and my brother is starting the oven to make dinner and I can't open the windows without taking off the storm windows ahhhhhhh.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular

Luke also came up with the majority of Cosmic Call. Dude is a genius at podcasting.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    Listen to this Flop House if ONLY for Stuart having to tell Elliott that Waluigi exists

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »

Luke also came up with the majority of Cosmic Call. Dude is a genius at podcasting.

also he gives good hugs and smells like cotton candy

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    CharmyCharmy Registered User regular

Was this the episode where he held us captivw at the end

I haven't got that far, because it is a very long episode. At the point I paused (somewhere about the 1h30m mark) Luke had just gone rogue and started threatening to talk about Homestuck. I can see how it could escalate to hostage-taking from there.

I have a twitter.
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Ashcroft wrote: »

LOOK EACH OTHER IN THE EYE

• Options
    edited February 2017
    A let's place episode that is rigged such that every game just happens to be a homestuck fangame and it turns into luke explaining the canonical context of each and every scenario for 45 minutes before a quick vote

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    A let's place episode that is rigged such that every game just happens to be a homestuck fangame and it turns into luke explaining the canonical context of each and every scenario for 45 minutes before a quick vote

Let Me Place Homestuck At You

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    THESPOOKY wrote: »
    I chuckled when Patrick said "pewdiepie said some things that could be construed as antisemitic"

Yeah, one could construe "death to all jews" as, that

that

can't possibly be where that ended/a statement that was let go

right?

Patrick's quote:"...Wall Street Journal went through a number of his videos pulling out clips in which could be construed as antisemtic, featuring nazi imagery, presented those as a compilation..."

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    I remeber a episode if lets place where every time we me tioned warhammer he started listing all of the rated games so far all over again

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    Patrick's whole segment there was kinda blech

The way in which he very confidently declared himself not a transphobe just felt very self congratulating

He means well but he still seems caught up in being a Good Progressive. He has trouble articulating a point and instead he ends up saying a lot of words until he gets to his point

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I remeber a episode if lets place where every time we me tioned warhammer he started listing all of the rated games so far all over again
    I was on this one!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Patrick really cares but is much better at scoops than things that are problematic

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I was on this one!

oh yeah, I was on this

then at the end he read the entire list to punish us

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Patrick took a very neutral journalistic tack but sometimes you gotta be vinny and say nah fuck that you're a grown man and your accountable for your words

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    So I just wanna call this out for general coolness

For one of my college courses, I have to write a profile about and interview someone "prominent in their field," and rather than talk to just some business guy like I expect a lot of the other people in the class to do, I wanted to talk to someone that blends business and creative, so I emailed Tom Scharpling, host of The Best Show (and also voice of Greg Universe)

And he actually responded to me

So this dude took time out of his day, from his home, on a SATURDAY, to call and talk to a fan to assist them with an assignment

That interview was not recorded, it won't be transcribed, it won't be published anywhere, it doesn't help his career one bit, but he still did it

He's one of the nicest guys I've ever had dealings with, which makes it even funnier that he plays a big ol' grumpus on the radio

I just wanna give credit where it's due, cause man what a cool thing he did

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    that's so awesome! i'd be starstruck

UmPiq.png
  • Options
    I have never ever done one of those interview projects legit

I always bsed it and got a A

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    I have never ever done one of those interview projects legit

I always bsed it and got a A

I was definitely prepared to do this very thing if he never got back to me

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Peacecraft speculation

Do you have timestamps

This is startling evidence, I must admit

But we must agree
    Griffin is definitely not in on it, right

Further, do we believe that Goodraandyy is the same person or a different person?

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »
    Peacecraft speculation

Do you have timestamps

This is startling evidence, I must admit

But we must agree
    Griffin is definitely not in on it, right

Further, do we believe that Goodraandyy is the same person or a different person?
    GoodRaandyy is Justin, BadRaandyy is Travis

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    @Chincymcchilla your wife has the exact tone and cadence of speech as matt. Not the actual pitch, obviously, but if I didn't know any better I'd say they were siblings, or that they at least grew up in the same household.

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    @Chincymcchilla your wife has the exact tone and cadence of speech as matt. Not the actual pitch, obviously, but if I didn't know any better I'd say they were siblings, or that they at least grew up in the same household.

Well

Everythings ruined forever, thanks

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
This discussion has been closed.