As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Nintendo] Finished Zelda? Why don't you play...hang on, gimme a second...

• ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Zython wrote: »
    Let me pose a question to yall

If you could bring over only one third party AAA franchise (not already confirmed) to the switch, which would you bring

If reviving a franchise counts, Breath of Fire.

Breath of Fire is an active franchise

Breath of Fire VI doesn't count if I don't want it to.
    BlueBlue wrote: »

If you could bring over only one third party AAA franchise (not already confirmed) to the switch, which would you bring

ff7 remake now switch exclusive

If they made the FFVII remake come out for the Switch, and have Aeris be revived with the Cloud amiibo, it would be the best selling console of all time. Easily.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Breath of Fire VI is a video game that exists

• ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Breath of Fire VI is a video game that exists

LIES!

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    yeah but it was called breath of fire 3 in the us

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Let me put it this way--BoF needs a revival in the same way Paper Mario does. It's not that games aren't coming out, it's that the games they're putting out aren't really appealing to any of the reasons a lot of the fans of the series liked them. More of a spiritual revival than a physical one, I guess.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    The Final fantasy 7 remake coming out exclusively for the switch, or in other words coming out exclusively on a cartridge based Nintendo platform, is funny enough that I wish I was an eccentric billionaire so I could make it happen

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    WTB Breath of Fire 1 remake with BOF3 chrysm system

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Ugh. I am seriously debating dropping my Switch preorder. I am with Chincy on Zelda.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Speaking of Nintendo consoles I went to the retro game store today and ended up buying a copy of Warioware Twisted.

They only had base GBA's and I don't really feel like buying a DS so I gotta hunt down a GBA SP now.

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Ugh. I am seriously debating dropping my Switch preorder. I am with Chincy on Zelda.

I did this earlier in the week

They're limited enough that I'm sure someone else wants it more than I do right now

By the time there are things I want to play I'm sure it'll be more available

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Driver: San Francisco 2 for the Switch, please.

this is a REAL good one, damn

mafia 3 felt close in a lot of ways but it's not the same without car hopping

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Got my 128GB micro SD card in today

Bring on the Switch

Why is it still 17 days away

I'm planning to buy any games that I can physical, so that 128 should hopefully last me the lifetime of the system on the smaller indie games

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular

this is a REAL good one, damn

mafia 3 felt close in a lot of ways but it's not the same without car hopping

"Tanner must face his most difficult challenge yet when he comes face-to-face with the mysterious hacker Marcus Holloway. An accident leads to them being trapped in virtual reality, where they must put aside their differences and work together by 'hijacking' the bodies of the NPCs, both in and out of vehicles."

Got my 128GB micro SD card in today

Bring on the Switch

Why is it still 17 days away

I'm planning to buy any games that I can physical, so that 128 should hopefully last me the lifetime of the system on the smaller indie games

I'm curious how much DLC will take up. I know on the Wii U DLC and other updates can end up taking gigs

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular

Burnout

:(

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »

Burnout

:(

good, good answer

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    burnout was definitely one of those that sprung to mind, along with Tony Hawk

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    What if there was a joycon attachment that turned it into a Tech Deck (TM)

AtomicTofu wrote: »
    What if there was a joycon attachment that turned it into a Tech Deck (TM)

hell

yes

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• FremFrem Registered User regular

There are a ton of JRPGs on portable consoles, but very few WRPGs. Let's go with Divinity. The control scheme was a little involved, but Original Sin had the sort of couch co-op I expect from games on Nintendo platforms.

Is Divinity AAA? Maybe it's only AA. Failing D:OS, Mass Effect Andromeda. Because seriously, Mass Effect.

Tony Hawk 5 took my hopes and dreams and dragged them into the street and shot them in the head and then ran over them

With a monster truck

• wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    I imagine they'll make an NES Classic Plus or an SNES Classic soon enough

Tony Hawk 5 took my hopes and dreams and dragged them into the street and shot them in the head and then ran over them

With a monster truck

A monster truck would have improved that game.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

Just

Gah!

The gall they had to call that game Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5

It still leaves me angry and bummed out, a year and a half later

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Seems I didn't have to hunt long. I just bought this flawless looking SP off eBay.

I'm actually kinda skeptical at how good this thing looks, guess I'll find out soon.

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I plan on buying all my Switch games digital

Except for Zelda, which I'm getting physically cause I don't trust their servers to be in any way capable of a 15 gig download on day 1, and also I gotta see at least one tiny box

6F32U1X.png
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I want Mercenaries 3 for switch

Mr. G wrote: »
    I plan on buying all my Switch games digital

Except for Zelda, which I'm getting physically cause I don't trust their servers to be in any way capable of a 15 gig download on day 1, and also I gotta see at least one tiny box

For me buying digital or not depends on how likely I am to want the game whenever. Like Zelda, I'm not gonna need to take everywhere, I'm gonna wanna sit down in the living room to play that. Binding of Isaac, Shovel Knight, those are games I'm gonna want any time.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbbZslUchyA
    Zelda season pass, y'all
    Starting when the game launches on March 3, players will be able to purchase an Expansion Pass for $19.99, granting access to two new sets of downloadable content for the game when they become available later this year. Immediately upon pre-purchase or purchase of the Expansion Pass, three new treasure chests will appear in the game’s Great Plateau area. One of these treasure chests will contain a shirt with a Nintendo Switch logo that Link can wear during his adventure, exclusive to the Expansion Pass. The other two will deliver useful items. The first content pack is scheduled to launch this summer, and will include the addition of a Cave of Trials challenge, a new hard mode and a new feature for the in-game map. The second content pack will launch in Holiday 2017, and adds new challenges that will let players enjoy a new dungeon and a new original story. The Expansion Pass will be available for both the Nintendo Switch and Wii U versions of the game and are identical. Content packs cannot be purchased individually.

6F32U1X.png
    Yes, please bring back Silent Hill's dumb brand shirt deals.

Zelda season pass, y'all
    Starting when the game launches on March 3, players will be able to purchase an Expansion Pass for $19.99, granting access to two new sets of downloadable content for the game when they become available later this year. Immediately upon pre-purchase or purchase of the Expansion Pass, three new treasure chests will appear in the game’s Great Plateau area. One of these treasure chests will contain a shirt with a Nintendo Switch logo that Link can wear during his adventure, exclusive to the Expansion Pass. The other two will deliver useful items. The first content pack is scheduled to launch this summer, and will include the addition of a Cave of Trials challenge, a new hard mode and a new feature for the in-game map. The second content pack will launch in Holiday 2017, and adds new challenges that will let players enjoy a new dungeon and a new original story. The Expansion Pass will be available for both the Nintendo Switch and Wii U versions of the game and are identical. Content packs cannot be purchased individually.

Well, that certainly doesn't sound good.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• PiotyrPiotyr Power-Crazed Wizard SilmariaRegistered User regular
    Zelda season pass, y'all

In what way does additional downloadable content sound not good?

Piotyr wrote: »
    Zelda season pass, y'all

In the way where they're asking me to pay more for a game that already seems to be light on the features I actually want from it. Like, y'know actual dungeons

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Piotyr wrote: »
    Zelda season pass, y'all

My guess is the expectation that it be free.

The game is already $60. If $20 worth of Expansion Pass isn't 30% more content, I'd also say it doesn't sound good. Of course we won't know until we see it all, but $20 is a lot to shill out.

I can handle bite size DLC like buying a new Civ for Civ VI for $5 or a Borderlands character for $8.

20 dollars is standard for nintendo's dlc passes I think

That's where hyrule warriors and Mario kart were I think

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    The first dlc doesn't appeal to me but the second does.

Nintendo currently has the best season pass track record of any developer

The season passes for Hyrule Warriors and Mario Kart 8 were excellent

6F32U1X.png
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    The first dlc doesn't appeal to me but the second does.

That's probably why they're bundled together, that first one sounds pretty lame

2x39jD4.jpg
    With games like Mario Kart and Smash, I'm all for the paid DLC. The main content of those games is baked in from day 1 and additional courses on top of the 32 standard or additional fighters on top of a stacked roster is just giving me reasons to go back to a game I've already enjoyed immensely. I'm a lot less sold on story DLC or feature updates in adventure games or shooters because I want what I buy to be the complete package. All the features and places to explore should be in the $60 product that I already bought.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

This discussion has been closed.