As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] Orbfest and Fest banner 2 live! Purple Monkey Dishwasher.

• WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Gnizmo wrote: »
    It comes back pretty often. Technically you can get it off the current Combat Lucky Draw I think, but that might have changed in the year since they started doing these. If not I would be absolutely stunned if it wasn't on at least one anniversary banner. The only reason they can get away with only 2 Wall relics is because they regularly put it back out there as an option. I think it might even be a chooseable option for Tyro select 3.
    Lucky draws have nothing below SSB anymore. All the upcoming fest banners were allso SSB+ only in Japan, I think. It's in the random pool for Tyro's Choice 3 but the vast majority of it (including the fixed select pool) is useless to me.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Open forever.

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Is it just me, or have gyshal green drops in the dailies gone through the floor?

Jragghen on
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    Gyshal green drop rate is always up on Wednesday.

steam_sig.png
  • NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    I've been getting a decent amount of greens.

Also man I wanna know what the anniversary banners are already ugh.

Banner 1: Buster Sword.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »

Banner 2: Revolver

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
    Shadowfire wrote: »

Banner 3: Giant's Gloves

Shadowfire wrote: »

Banner 3: Giant's Gloves

Banner 4: Barbut

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    And Banner 5 is cancelled.

For real though: You guys think we'll get another Gold Sword with the bonus login rewards?

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Javen wrote: »

Everyone will still be charged 50 Mythril.

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Negative Mythril Login Bonuses every day of the anniversary

• FryFry Registered User regular
    Man, I love the music for BFA, even though I know it's terrible.

Fight is a little bit bullshit this time around, remember to spread out your mitigation on multiple characters. I had to S/L a few times since I got bad starting ATBs on my support and my white mage/waller.

Is there any kind of congratulations screen or something when you beat all the nightmares?

Is there any kind of congratulations screen or something when you beat all the nightmares?

There's a cryptic little movie/future-event-hook, a Tyro/Doctor Mog conversation about it, and an added thing on the Nightmare hub that can't yet be accessed, but sits there to tell you there's more events to come.

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Fry wrote: »
    Man, I love the music for BFA, even though I know it's terrible.
    Video game buttrock somehow manages to transcend badness and become good again

Also see: Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Blue Dragon

Beasteh on
    Counterpoint: Blue Dragon's buttock works even better in Barkley Shut Up And Jam: Gaiden.

• cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular

Also, the crystal that shows up in the middle hasn't even opened in Japan yet, slated for this March. So we're like seven months away from it doing anything. (Unless the six month gap has shortened. I don't think it has)

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains

Ultros banner to be 100% Behemoth Knife.

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular

Had to do a little party reshaping when I realized too late that Cloud's BSB entry does random hits, which bit me in the ass.

IKknkhU.gif
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »

Had to do a little party reshaping when I realized too late that Cloud's BSB entry does random hits, which bit me in the ass.

I haven't done the fight yet, but correct me if I'm wrong: random hit attacks are (relatively) okay if both orbs are green?

edited February 2017

I haven't done the fight yet, but correct me if I'm wrong: random hit attacks are (relatively) okay if both orbs are green?
    If both orbs are green it's fine, since it'll only heal the boss for a small amount.

But Cloud hit a red orb. And even then it would've been okay if he had just hit it one more time to finish the damn thing off.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited February 2017

Short answer, no.

Long answer, the counter heals for as much damage as the sphere took, so you're gambling that the RNG did as much, if not more, to both spheres combined if in the middle, or just one sphere if it manages to kill the one that character's not lined up with. The math isn't on your side there in either case. At best, the expected amount of damage from that over time is zero unless you're killing the 'far' sphere. Also, it makes red spheres respawn, drawing your attacks away from Omega and back onto the spheres.

Best to just burn the red spheres immediately, and let the green spheres expire for their paltry 4.4k heal.

E:
    Also, you should really be conserving your SBs for phase 3 since he spams nukes.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
    edited February 2017
    God, that phase 3 is no joke, you are completely right
    . He just shits out so much damage, all the time, and no healers with decent Medicas have synergy. I'm pretty sure my party is incapable of surviving Forsaken from full health.

4QK06F6.png

Vd40j0U.png

P7pDr7o.png

But I took him down nonetheless. The only people alive are Zell and Yda. Thank god for instant-cast SSBs.

Quite the send-off for the Nightmare, I must say. I'm amused that we began with Ultima Buster, and ended with its superboss equivalent from the same game.

Enlong on
  • GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    People have asked if we could spoil the nightmare stuff in the past. They are kinda puzzle fights and a few of us like going in blind. On behalf of those who haven't completed it I would like to ask that we continue to spoil the mechanics of the fight.

Got it. I'll cover up some of my previous posts.

Gnizmo wrote: »
    People have asked if we could spoil the nightmare stuff in the past. They are kinda puzzle fights and a few of us like going in blind. On behalf of those who haven't completed it I would like to ask that we continue to spoil the mechanics of the fight.

Oh whoops, my bad

IKknkhU.gif
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Oh my god native Wall has been a GODSEND. I've finally managed to crack into the 140+ difficulty stuff reliably because of Y'shtola and instead being able to RW Shout. I still wish I had a Medica for her buuuuuut I just kinda deal with it (or, uh, not deal with it as the case may be). I occasionally see people posting about mage meta or whatever but my physical team (Fang w/ BSB, Y'shtola for Wall, Celes w/ BSB, Lightning, Faris w/ BSB) has only now just been rounding into shape.

If I were running those five characters, I'd think about bringing a defensive hastega instead of RW Shout, and just trust that Celes will be enough of an ATK buff to kill things in a timely fashion. Divine Guardian or Mighty Guard VIII would be good choices, with the party high regen helping to make up for the lack of a medica.

If you're having trouble with Wall running out before you get the meter to cast it a second time, one thing you can try is casting it on your second turn (and doing Protectga/Shellga on turn 1 instead). This may make the start a little rockier if the boss gets a big hit in before you put the wall up, but I've often found that the significantly faster cast time on pro/shell means it gets up before a hit where Stoneskin II wouldn't have, and in any case taking an un-walled hit early in the fight is way better than taking one late.

I was waffling around with delaying Wall but I didn't see it really do much. It only made the start up worse because I couldn't do anything for 2 turns instead of 1 for fear of getting splattered due to Counters.

I could do some subs but that's probably my best set of characters right now, outside of Lightning weak bosses when I might shuffle around slightly.

Fang - BSB Megaflare
    Celes - BSB Maria's Song
    Lightning - SB Stormborn (lol), SSB Lightning Strike, SSB Crushing Blow (can you tell how annoyed I am at not having Thunderfall and Requiem? SO ANNOYED)
    Y'shtola - SB Stoneskin II, SSB Aetherial Pulse
    Faris - SB Kindred Spirit, BSB Beryl Serpent

Fran - SB Shatterheart, SSB Pinpoint (I sometimes sub her on Lightning weaks just for lulz...but I don't have Thunderfall to really take advantage of it. sadness.), SSB Mist Overload
    Terra - SSB Fire Beam
    Ashe - SSB Maelstrom's Bolt
    Penelo - SB Mincing Minuet, SSB Intercession
    Selphie - SSB Dreamstage

and that's it for my usable characters. no relics to support anyone else I care about (giant pile of Sazh guns and Cid Raines gloves and Irvine guns go away ugh). Heck, I pulled once on the Quistis banner because frankly almost anything could have been useful to get a 3rd mage up and going but of course I only got Zell's stupid gloves.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Praise RNGesus, for he hath given me many a DPS SB, which made my fight against Nightmare Omega Weapon pretty straightforward:
    I had the luxury of being able to pick and choose between ten different characters for the fight, since I'm so overloaded with physical DPS. I ended up taking:

Cloud - Drain Strike/Tempo Flurry, BSB, +20% Sword DMG
    Onion Knight - Powerchain/Full Charge, BSB, DMT
    Y'shtola - Curaja/Wrath, BSB, MM
    Orlandeau - Lifesiphon/Saint Cross, OSB, +30% Sword DMG
    Luneth - Lifesiphon/Sky High, BSB, +30% Dagger DMG

RW was Shout.

My stats were awesome with nightmare synergy - Orlandeau was sitting at 660 ATK with two +holy items, and OK wasn't far behind at 620.

The fight was pretty easy all around - I used one RW and a few abilities to clear phase 1.

Phase 2 began with OK BSB, and was pretty straightforward - Omega Weapon is so slow that I Wrathed up two bars and then coasted the rest of the fight using Asylum and its C2 medica. Occasionally I'd kill a green orb (killed two in total and let one expire), but it honestly wasn't really necessary. Orlandeau used an OSB here to keep him in TG mode, and Luneth used his BSB to power up Sky High (was hitting for 20k despite resists).

As it went into phase 3 Cloud used RW Shout again. Y'shtola went into phase 3 with two bars ready to go, and Asylum was up by turn 2, so I was never in danger. Luneth dropped an en-winded BSB entry for 50k, OK did a C1/FC combo for 30k, and Orlandeau used two more OSBs for 57k each.

Cloud was a bad choice - like @Stilts did, I totally forgot about the random entry hits because I was concentrating too much on the non-elemental damage portion. I held back his BSBs in phase 2 so I could unleash them in phase 3, but it ended up being unnecessary because Omega Weapon was dead before Cloud's BSB finished charging.

Luneth was also not the most optimal choice - the 20k Sky Highs would've been outdone significantly by Kain with his BSB/Lightning Dive especially because I have +lightning armor for him, while I don't have +wind ATK armor for Luneth.

In conclusion: Orlandeau OSB is amazing. With nothing more than Lifesiphon and his OSB he accounted for at least 250k worth of damage, against a boss that resists all elements.

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Are most people completing Omega Drive using 99 characters? I feel like I've got the SB support, but I'm having a hard time just getting through phase 1.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
    edited February 2017
    Brody wrote: »
    Are most people completing Omega Drive using 99 characters? I feel like I've got the SB support, but I'm having a hard time just getting through phase 1.

For me, Bartz and Lightning were at 99, Zell was 89 I think, and everyone else was 80.

Did you equip your best RES armor?

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • TakelTakel Registered User regular
    My party were pretty much all 99s except Zell who was a late ring-in

Lightning
    Firion
    Y'shtola
    Zell
    Sephiroth

Zell was around 87ish?
    I did a few mechanics to get some AoE healing but once things got settled I just unloaded. Shout RW

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
    Putting together my party for the nightmare, 99 Orlandeau with nightmare synergy has a staggering 735ATK, before any buffs.

• El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Final Fantasy Type-0 info is out. Ace is legit, Deuce is pretty good, Nine is every non-Kain Dragoon.

Relic info for the curious.
    Ace USB - 10xST Fire/Non-ele magic dmg, EnFire, self EX Mode Attack Deck (halved cast time, MAG+30% and Chase Mode*)
    * Chase Mode - when using certain abilities on enemies, follow up randomly with a 1x (74%)/2x (25%)/13x (1%) Fire/Non-ele magic damage ability (Hi-Fire/Megafire/Gigafire). All chase hits are 0.55 multiplier.
    Deuce USB - 0CT Medica h80/Curaise 40%, party Stoneskin

Ace BSB - 0CT 8xST Fire/Non-ele magic dmg, party Blink, Burst Mode
    * Attack -> 4~5xST Fire/Non-ele magic dmg with short cast time , additional hit if user is in front row
    * Defend -> 2xAOE Fire/NE, MAG +30% / RES -30%
    Deuce BSB - Medica h55, party ATK/MAG +30%, Burst Mode
    * Attack -> 0CT Curaja
    * Defend -> Medica h25
    Nine BSB -> 8xST Wind/Non-ele jump dmg, EnWind, Burst Mode
    * Attack-> 4xST Wind/Non-ele physical dmg, increased multiplier if enemy is weak/imperiled to Wind
    * Defend-> 2xAoE Wind/Non-ele physical dmg, self ATK +30%/DEF-30%

Ace Relic LM - Low chance to self Blink when using Black Magic
    Deuce Relic LM - Low increase in duration of stat buffs cast by self
    Nine Relic LM - Low chance to minor Imperil Wind enemy whne using Jump attacks

Ace SSB - 6xST Non-ele magic dmg, Medica 40% Max HP
    Deuce SSB - Party Guts, MBlink and High Regen
    Nine SSB - Party DEF +100%, Protect and Shell.

Also, two new Shooter abilities with this event. 2-hit single target fire damage, and 1 hit AoE fire.

El Fantastico on
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    finished bahumet ultimate and apoc last night, and the final nightmare. Feels good man. Currently deciding if I want to master the nightmares I only completed, which were the hot potato launcher and meltdown.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
    edited February 2017
    Combining Ace's USB and BSB sounds like a very legit combo. Halved cast time on already short-cast fire burst commands, with Enfire, and every spell possibly triggering Chase.

Deuce's BSB looks like a healer BSB to chase. A healer burst that provides ATK/MAG buff? The ability crunch on that is super good, and the instant-cast Curaja command is icing.

Enlong on
  • A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Nine's BSB is probably the best dragoon (lumping Luneth in here) BSB to date. It has the best part of Luneth's BSB along with a usable attack command for when Sky High runs out. What's his skillset?

• El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Probably won't know character specific info until tomorrow.

Nine's BSB trades out the 100% interrupt on entry and chance to interrupt on C1 for extra damage on imperil, which is a very good trade.

As Luneth was sort of the poster boy for wind dragoons, I look forward to seeing how broken his inevitable USB will be.

Deuce's BSB will be great for keeping the ATK/MAG refreshed on your team, but the effect is ubiquitous at that point in the game, it can come from so many other sources. It's nice that her USB and BSB can be treated as mutually exclusive SBs to own without having to worry about juggling their effects. Her BSB is good for 90% of a fight, and her USB is ideal for an oh shit emergency moment.

El Fantastico on
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

This discussion has been closed.