As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV:Stormblood] The solution to the MSQ block was so simple. Delete Balmung

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    The sign read "Garlemald", I think, yes.

• Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    I think Doma was shown as the country and now we have a city that wasn't a crater.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Here we go!

I just want an excuse to link this video

https://youtu.be/uZFliv3qdVs?t=130

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Yukira wrote: »
    I think Doma was shown as the country and now we have a city that wasn't a crater.

Yeah. I'm guessing that the area on this map called "The Burn" is where the Garleans attacked.

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    From the trailer, it looked like "Nope, psych, we teleported the whole city underwater at the moment of impact"

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »
    From the trailer, it looked like "Nope, psych, we teleported the whole city underwater at the moment of impact"

Clearly it was shrunk down and put in a bottle.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Little disappointed that SAM is dps. Kinda figured it would be the second job this expansion and was seriously considering switching my main to it. Not so sure now. Gotta think on if I prefer the samurai aesthetic or tanking and instant duty finder queues.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    Well, there's already a 2h sword tanking job. Adding a second would be kind of redundant.

Even the jobs that share similar items have different roles(healer staff, DPS staff. Healer book, DPS book).

So now we have a 2h sword DPS and a 1h sword DPS.

• Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    Looking at the trailer again, the Samurai dude/Yugiri city is on the island to the west east of Doma. So, given that and the map, I think that:

The Garlean attack created the nuked wasteland of The Burn like Enlong points out
    Doma's capital is still intact, likely under the control of the Garleans (either directly (think FF XII with judges walking the streets of Rabinastre) or indirectly (puppet government)).
    The island city is where a lot of the Domans who didn't want to be ruled by the Garleans settled. Maybe it pre-existed, and the Domans simply moved in/expanded it, maybe it's brand new.
    If that's true, then the Domans have done more to regroup after their attack than the Ala Mhigans ever did... so Ilberd is a raging asshole, but not necessarily wrong in his assessment of his own people. Which is a pretty awesome twist.

Nightslyr on
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Dang. Unless they have some other new class up their sleeves for a new tank I'll probably not pick up this expansion.

Disappointed.

• Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    They are only adding 2 jobs and are going to rebalance the other 3 tanks.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    Yeah, the tank space doesn't need new jobs, it just needs a complete revamp. WAR are too good, PLD way too weak in a game where damage output is key. DRK are okay, but could also use some love.

When I think Paladin, I immediately think Cecil, who had some light white magic to go along with good defense and high damage output. I also think Agrias of Tactics, who had interesting short range damage abilities.

Unfortunately, in Eorzea, Paladins aren't tied to a church or any kind of holy power, which I think limits what the devs want to do with them. Eorzean Paladins don't smite enemies with holy wrath so much as act as a meat shield for the Sultana. So, going with the idea that an Eorzean Paladin is really just a fancy Knight, their abilities should be more debuff based to reflect the classic job's Rend abilities. Either that, or flipped on its head so the Paladin buffs himself or the party.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Hahahaha that Stormblood trailer was so anime. I loved it.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLCQZxxInr8

the style and flair is strong

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    SAM is beyond my wildest dreams.

Like, I was expecting heavy armor Samurai tank. And not now, but next expansion and Blue and Dancer this expansion. SAM was such a goddamn longshot after that first teaser.

But not only do we get SAM, we get IADO QUICKDRAW LEATHER/CLOTH WANDERING SAM TROPE!? The perfect SAM trope.

YES

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYEYSYESYEYSYESYEYSYEYSYEYSYEYSYEYSYESYYESYEYSYEYSYEYSYEYSYEYSYEYSYEYSYEYSYESYESYESYESYESYEYSYESYESYESYESYE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZwYWYuqbj8

• Options
    Super NamicchiSuper Namicchi Orange County, CARegistered User regular
    latest?cb=20141023194550

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I beat the aether oil step for my anima weapon!

And now..I'm in the umbrite stage...oh no

Any tips for this terrible grind? Just gubal a thousand times for all the lore I need?

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    I wonder if the Monk Garo set will be available for glamour with Samurai.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    Skeith wrote: »
    I wonder if the Monk Garo set will be available for glamour with Samurai.

prob not, but if the garo armor vendor sticks around, they'll prob retroactively add a SAM garo set.
    And a i180 set, and a i110 set. They did it for DRK/MCH/AST so there's precedent

• Options
    There's that charge-time attack.

I wonder whether they will have one or more attacks with set charge times, or if they will have one Iai stance ability that launches different attacks depends on when you release it.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »

I wonder whether they will have one or more attacks with set charge times, or if they will have one Iai stance ability that launches different attacks depends on when you release it.

Yeah, it'd be interesting if they made something kinda like Cyan's Bushido abilities, where the longer you wait/charge, the more powerful the attack

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »

mechanically, I suspect it's kinda like ninjutsu - activate the "charge" ability, then another "trigger" ability.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I beat the aether oil step for my anima weapon!

And now..I'm in the umbrite stage...oh no

Any tips for this terrible grind? Just gubal a thousand times for all the lore I need?

Pray for a nerf in a week.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    SAM is beyond my wildest dreams.

Like, I was expecting heavy armor Samurai tank. And not now, but next expansion and Blue and Dancer this expansion. SAM was such a goddamn longshot after that first teaser.

But not only do we get SAM, we get IADO QUICKDRAW LEATHER/CLOTH WANDERING SAM TROPE!? The perfect SAM trope.

YES

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYEYSYESYEYSYESYEYSYEYSYEYSYEYSYEYSYESYYESYEYSYEYSYEYSYEYSYEYSYEYSYEYSYEYSYESYESYESYESYESYEYSYESYESYESYESYE

So less normal Samurai, more Ronin?

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Takel wrote: »
    Oh and additional tibbit about Samurai:
    Their katana will have unique scabbards for each weapon. In otherwords, the model design for the katanas will be both the sword and the scabbard

I really hope this means the scabbard will figure into some of the abilities, such as that sheathed-sword strike in the trailer (a stun, perhaps?), or using it in tandem with the katana for extra hits.

I am teh excited. May be switching my primary jobs around a bit when Stormblood releases.

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    H0b0man wrote: »
    Little disappointed that SAM is dps. Kinda figured it would be the second job this expansion and was seriously considering switching my main to it. Not so sure now. Gotta think on if I prefer the samurai aesthetic or tanking and instant duty finder queues.

y not both? Insta-queues for when you're on a schedule, but play on your alt-class when you're with friends or when you are doing solo content etcet.

When you're in a static they might require someone to play as DPS anyway.

• Options
    I did Levi EX. Enbarr whistle comes up. I roll an 89.

Someone else rolled a 90.

I'm beginning to think I'll never get that pony. I have all the rest. I have freaking Nightmare, but not Enbarr.

• Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    Grab 2 other people and just 3 man the trial. It doesn't take too long to get.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    FC did a steamroll of the ARR ex primals. Gots me a Nightmare. :rotate:

• Options
    I'll ask some GHOSTs to help me get Enbarr later tonight.

• Options
    Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    So with the new underwater areas I wonder if the Sahagin will play a bigger role in the expansion. Maybe we'll find ourselves in the Indigo Deep.

• Options
    Nightslyr wrote: »

I need Levi and Ifrit for my Kirin. What time is this going down? I'd love to join.

• Options

I need Levi and Ifrit for my Kirin. What time is this going down? I'd love to join.

Probably not until after 11 Eastern

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Yeah, the tank space doesn't need new jobs, it just needs a complete revamp. WAR are too good, PLD way too weak in a game where damage output is key. DRK are okay, but could also use some love.

When I think Paladin, I immediately think Cecil, who had some light white magic to go along with good defense and high damage output. I also think Agrias of Tactics, who had interesting short range damage abilities.

Unfortunately, in Eorzea, Paladins aren't tied to a church or any kind of holy power, which I think limits what the devs want to do with them. Eorzean Paladins don't smite enemies with holy wrath so much as act as a meat shield for the Sultana. So, going with the idea that an Eorzean Paladin is really just a fancy Knight, their abilities should be more debuff based to reflect the classic job's Rend abilities. Either that, or flipped on its head so the Paladin buffs himself or the party.

I mean, DPS doesn't need new jobs for balance either. New jobs are to keep things interesting and add more options for players to have fun with not just a balance thing.

Adding just DPS jobs means DPS queue is gonna be super fucked for a bit.

I just wanted a new tank to hopefully have a job that I enjoyed the style of. Thats the other benefit to adding new jobs. The more options the more potential for people to be able to play what they want.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Oh, I hear you. I currently main DRK and would love to have a completely different kind of tank to play. That's why I was hoping for BLU. But I'd like to see the existing tank space get fixed most of all.

Nightslyr on
  • Options
    They really need to make more Hildibrand quests.

• Options

Sorry, I spaced and forgot that I had a prior commitment with friends tonight. Maybe I'll get these done another time.

• Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    Live letter in a little bit! Most likely going to be going over 3.55 and Far Edge of Fate pt2 stuff

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    Can't wait for the sick diadem info!!

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    You're going to be waiting a bit longer...

Quick condensed summery of the question time and 3.55a info. Yes. 3.55a with an emphasis on part A
    Questions and answers are transliterated.

Q1: Character creator additional options? Any new options such as faces, butt sliders, etc?
    A: None at this time. The problem is two fold. First is in art assets required. The second is a technical nature. The more options, the more network data that needs to be transmitted.
    Personal note: I hate the emphasis on butt slider. Give me more face options.

Q2: Will the garden furniture slots be increased as well?
    A: Yes, looking into it. The difference between internal furniture and external furniture is that internal is instanced, so performance can be controlled. Increasing the furniture slots for the gardens will have a greater performance impact. However, the focus is on internal slots first, then looking into the garden slots at a later time

Q3: When Eos/Selene get hit by a knockback attack, they do not return to their original position. Any plans to have them move back automatically?
    A: They're your pets, you control them.

Q4: A rhythm game in the Gold Saucer?
    A: You think it's that easy? That's an idea though so it'll be put in for consideration

Q5: Opening up more of the racial hair styles? <Another bit about gear affecting skin colour and such. I missed the second half>
    A: There's a few hairstyles we want to keep restricted to maintain racial identity. The plan is that over time more hairstyles will be available to all races. As for changing skin colours, there's a technical issue with how the models are constructed. Currently the skin colour is on id0 which is part of the character data, not the gear. There may be ways to overlay something on top, but it'll be a bit weird.

Q6: I want to do the instanced quest battles again
    A: Make a new character.
    There's technical limitations in doing this as the system currently uses quest flags to allow access to the content so it's not a simple solution. It could be done in a way right now but it'll be rather buggy. It may be possible in the future

Q7: I want more difficult content
    A: Didn't we get this question at the end of 2.x with Final Coil of Bahamut? Then we gave you Alexander. I don't trust these questions anymore.
    Content difficulty is something we think about a lot. We did get a lot of feedback that Creator was a lot easier than the other two. However, we believe that the difficulty we got there allowed it to be accessible for the greater player base. However with Omega, we're still developing it but we've got an idea that clearing Savage 4 will grant access special content (AKA Third Difficulty level). Don't whine that the bonus content is too hard

Q8: I want to buy Krile's outfit from the MogStation
    A: It's expensive to create that content. The MogStation content is being controlled by an Empress. If people want it and will buy it, we'll consider it

Q9: Hildebrand!
    A: We were planning on taking a break from Hildebrand in 3.x because it was so over the top. We relented to requests to have more. With 4.x we're planning to give him a rest.... but...... I guess we'll have to do more

Q10: In-game personal DPS parser please. It'll be helpful for PS4 players
    A: No.
    I 100% understand that you'll want to see yours and yours alone. But it still won't solve the behavioural issues that we're trying to avoid and it won't prevent someone from being able to extract that data and display everyone's DPS. While the understanding is that people want that information so they can improve, it's still considered as being too dangerous to community behaviour. That's not to say that it'll be definitely ruled out. The first priority is to raise the skill floor so that it's not as critical to interrogate player performance. Something is planned in a way to help measure performance but details cannot be explained at this point in time

Q11: PS4 Pro patch?
    A: Yes. Currently in the works. However, rather than using the PS4 pro's power to improve graphical performance, the plan is to use the extra power to improve the play experience. However, no matter what there won't be a neglect of the original PS4 over the PS4 Pro

Q12: Will it be possible to keep flowers in pots in the bloom state without harvesting? Maybe without the interactable sparkles?
    A: Done! It's on the patch list. Somewhere in the 3.5x series

Q13: Will you consider adding umbrellas as vanity items similar to minions?
    A: As we talked about with the MogStation Emperess? She said there's plans to make one. But they're thinking about making it a mount. Maybe like Mary Poppins?
    As for a minion? The minion system has a very small amount of memory so it can't be very detailed. So the decision was to make it a mount

Q14: Cross-Server PotD? Will we be able to /tell someone on a different server?
    A: This is currently something that's in development. There's some problems with it but it's being worked on. What's closer is cross-world matching for alliance raids. The plan is to have cross-world matching in time for the Return to Ivalice raid. As for other content, the plan is to increase the amount that can be done as a cross-world party so please wait.
    As for the /tell. First is cross-server friends list, then linkshells, then FC and /tell was in there as well. Tell was probably coming before linkshells? Need to double check on that.

3.55a stuff
    Release Date: February 28th
    • New Anima weapon quest. Most likely i275
    • Zhloe Aliapoh custom deliveries implemented. This is a content which is akin to a chain quest series for crafters/gatherers. The plan is to expand it going into 4.0 but introducing more NPCs to follow their story.
    • Proto-Ultima battle. Rewards i270 accessories. All accessories. As to how it's fought, where it is etc... It's a secret
    • The Feast
      - New Map
      - Currently with a draw, it's a draw. Now it'll be sudden death mode
      - New items and adjustments
      - Season 3 end. Season 4 pre-season start due to the new map and changes
    • Adjustment to the drop rates of the Goddess and Demon lanner whistles
    • Garo gear will be retrievable via the calamity salvager
    • Abes and High Summoner attire will be redeemable

Notice something missing? Maybe like the Diadem?
    Well it turns out that a last minute bug was found with the new raid encounter content in there. So, they can't delay the patch just for the Diadem so it'll be released in a part b patch hopefully on the 7th or 9th of March. Basically as soon as it's done.

Takel on
    Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
This discussion has been closed.