As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

You just saw [MOVIES]? So did we! Let us discourse on this.

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Twitter's worst aspect is the people who run twitter.

It's probably still the bigots, harrassers and Nazis to be honest

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    La9a2UV.jpg

"Life: Yeah, It's 'Alien', But We (Mostly) Like It Anyway."

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Hermano wrote: »

I mean yeah. But also the rich folks who give those people a platform out of apathy about moderation hiding under the guise of free speech is basically a tacit endorsement of those people so it is just about as bad.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    my girlfriend and roommate and I spent like an hour last week arguing about who we'd cast in a genderswapped remake of Star Wars: Ep IV

there wasn't a whole lot we could agree on but it was readily apparent to all involved that the Empress would obviously be played by Tilda Swinton

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    my girlfriend and roommate and I spent like an hour last week arguing about who we'd cast in a genderswapped remake of Star Wars: Ep IV

there wasn't a whole lot we could agree on but it was readily apparent to all involved that the Empress would obviously be played by Tilda Swinton

Not Dame Judy Dench? Amateurs.

• Options

Not Dame Judy Dench? Amateurs.

god shut up chris you suck

• Options
    I swear sometimes you make me want to go right upside your head

• Options
    Star Wars: Ep IV
    the Empress

Considering she'd only be referenced in dialogue during one scene and never make an appearance in ANH, you could cast Dafne Keen and it wouldn't affect much.

• Options
    SabreMau wrote: »
    Star Wars: Ep IV
    the Empress

Considering she'd only be referenced in dialogue during one scene and never make an appearance in ANH, you could cast Dafne Keen and it wouldn't affect much.

obviously this was under the assumption that they would then proceed to remake V and VI

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Hermano wrote: »

I mean yeah. But also the rich folks who give those people a platform out of apathy about moderation hiding under the guise of free speech is basically a tacit endorsement of those people so it is just about as bad.

Oh I'm not defending Twitter's inaction, it's certainly made things worse.

I think what bugs me is people often blame social media platforms or the internet for this shit, but these people will still exist without twitter or whatever, so it's weird to me. It's like people are more angry about finding out this stuff exists than that it actually exists, we'd rather stay ignorant so we blame twitter or reddit.

It's like a hundred years ago people getting really mad at whoever left the soapbox in the town square, because some eugenicist keeps standing on it and yelling his awful views. And yeah we can be mad at both, of course, but my original point was disagreeing with Twitter being worse that those people

Hermano on

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    For real though, Tilda would be a much better gender swapped A New Hope Obi-Wan.

Get rekt.

• Options
    Oh. Then, Betty White?

• Options
    Oh. Then, Betty White?

Betty White is incapable of evil.

• Options
    For real though, Tilda would be a much better gender swapped A New Hope Obi-Wan.

Get rekt.

no

we already cast Judy Dench as Tarkin, which she would be much better at

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    I'm curious if Life is lifting from the plot of Alien or cribbing the tone. Because one of those is a problem for me, the other isn't at all. Alien's actual story isn't terribly original in and of itself. Hell, Doctor Who beat it to the punch with Ark in Space* What makes Alien unique is how the story is told through a lens of deep cosmic horror and nightmarish design. If Life is going for that (which it doesn't appear from the trailers) then it's gunna probably pale in comparison. But if it's basically going for alien stalking people on a ship but with it's own tones and themes I'm fairly on board.

*Fun fact- Ridley Scott almost designed the Daleks. He was a designer on the first season of Doctor Who, but apparently had a schedule conflict that kept him busy during their first appearance.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options

Get rekt.

no

Joanna Lumley.

• Options

Get rekt.

no

Joanna Lumley.

no jesus how are you so bad at this

• Options
    I'm amazing. You need to catch up.

• Options
    I bet you don't even have Jared Padalecki down for dude Leia, do you?

• Options
    no, because he's thirty goddamned four

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I bet you don't even have Jared Padalecki down for dude Leia, do you?

This is the worst idea

You've put forth some valiant effort Chris

But this is the worst

• Options
    Just as long as Sandra Bullock can be Wedge.

• Options
    Just as long as Sandra Bullock can be Wedge.

this is fine

• Options
    He looks young though. Clearly Jane Levy would be a great Lukette, and I'm leaning towards Natalie Dormer for Hannah Solo.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    He looks young though.

He does not.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin

Get rekt.

no

Yeah Swinton would be a better Tarkin than Kenobi.

My British actress Star Wars hot pick is Zoe Wannamaker for Kreia

• Options
    He looks young though. Clearly Jane Levy would be a great Lukette, and I'm leaning towards Natalie Dormer for Hannah Solo.

this is the first thing you've said that has made any goddamn sense

my pick for Lando is Janelle Monae

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017

this is the first thing you've said that has made any goddamn sense

my pick for Lando is Janelle Monae

Janelle might be able to make a good Luke. Although she is way too cool to be Luke.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    A female Luke would have to retain Luke Skywalker's complete inability to ever be cool

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Oh. Then, Betty White?

Betty White is incapable of evil.

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I think you need to actually listen to betty white

my girl knows how to get down low

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    A female Luke would have to retain Luke Skywalker's complete inability to ever be cool

barb from stranger things

• Options
    Tube wrote: »

Get rekt.

no

Yeah Swinton would be a better Tarkin than Kenobi.

My British actress Star Wars hot pick is Zoe Wannamaker for Kreia

honestly you could have her do damn near anything, but it is my suspicion that if you gave her the Empress role she'd have exactly as much fun with it as Ian McDiarmid does, which is the ideal outcome

• Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Huh. OK, yeah, let's play this game. Keeping the original names for the sake of clarity.

Threepio: ...I'm already at a loss. Fuck it, Aubrey Plaza.
    Vader: Cate Blanchett
    Leia: Asa Butterfield
    Luke: Chloe Moretz
    Obi-Wan: Sigourney Weaver
    Han: Ruth Negga
    Tarkin: Emily Blunt (fuck the age thing) / Kathy Bates (respect the age thing)

Oh, and I like Diana Rigg for the Emperor. For the other movies.

Fawst on
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Ruth Negga as Han and Sigourney Weaver as Obi-Wan is pretty spot on for my reckoning.

And Diana Rigg as the Emperor is just correct.

Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    boba fett's a tough one

on one hand, Claudia Black would kill it

on the other, it's currently one of a handful of POC roles and it seems a shame to give it to a white lady, but I don't know Australian/oceanian actresses well enough to present alternatives

• Options
    simosimo Registered User regular
    ellie kemper for c-3po

bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    Fawst wrote: »
    Huh. OK, yeah, let's play this game. Keeping the original names for the sake of clarity.

I want cate blanchett in there somewhere, but I'm not sure Vader's a good fit

• Options
    Gustav wrote: »
    Ruth Negga as Han and Sigourney Weaver as Obi-Wan is pretty spot on for my reckoning.

And Diana Rigg as the Emperor is just correct.

Diana rigg is an interesting suggestion

I feel like she'd take it more in an exasperated bureaucrat direction, judging by her queen of thorns

• Options
    simosimo Registered User regular
    simo wrote: »
    ellie kemper for c-3po

actually scratch that kimiko glenn would be better

bugss2.jpg
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »

I want cate blanchett in there somewhere, but I'm not sure Vader's a good fit

I think Cate Blanchett would make one hell of a Tarkin.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
This discussion has been closed.