As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Open Recruitment] Dungeon World: Seeking Delvers of the Menank

• Options
    AllyxiaAllyxia Registered User regular
    Block the door to exit the guild hall and bless each party member one by one.

I'd love to imagine Niamh trying to duck behind someone to sneak past Father Killian's enthusiastic prayers.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Matev wrote: »
    Argh, of course the week I've got a random Tuesday off there's not a game tonight :(

How will the group survive without Father Killian to guide them?

Maybe they won't!

• Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Matev wrote: »
    Argh, of course the week I've got a random Tuesday off there's not a game tonight :(

How will the group survive without Father Killian to guide them?

Maybe they won't!

That'd show 'em, the ingrates!

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Looking back through, I see Jarl is 1xp away from leveling up...

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Team 1 Reunited! Mostly.

Characters and their flags for the Protection from Protection job:

Thrognar – Paladin – Good (Endanger yourself to protect someone weaker than you.)
    • Headstrong: Tell me how stupid the thing I'm planning is, so I can do it anyway and prove you right.
    • Conflicted: Ask me to honor my oaths as a healer when there are monsters to smash, so that I have to choose.
    • Vanguard: Move to beat me into a new room or dangerous situation, so that I can race you.

Lamberton Cooper– Wizard – Good (Use magic to directly aid another.)
    • Gambler: Propose a wager so that we may plumb the currents of fate.
    • Persistent Prevaricator: Provoke me into wild boasts of my past exploits (Believe/Refute/?)
    • Soft Hearted: something something down on their luck something something aid

Niamh – Fighter – Neutral (Defeat a worthy opponent.)
    • Proud: Challenge my honor or strength so that I may prove my superiority.
    • Honest: Ask me a question so I may bluntly respond.
    • Alpha: Ask me to follow or respect you so I may put to the test your strength and ableness to lead.

Dra’alde – Wizard – Good (Use magic to directly aid another.)
    • One Track Mind: Try to convince me magic isn’t the best solution to the problem at hand.
    • Reckless Planning: Go along with a dangerous magic reliant plan I cooked up despite your better judgment, then point out the obvious plans we didn’t take into account.
    • Outsider: Refuse my aid because I'm different.

Renne – Paladin – Good (Endanger yourself to protect someone weaker than you.)
    • Defender: Present me with a solution that puts me in danger in order to help someone else.
    • By The Book: Tempt me with a solution to a problem that breaks the law in order to test my resolve.

Rona Ironheel – Ranger – Good (Endanger yourself to combat an unnatural threat.)
    Animal companion: Lang the Dog.
    • Eager to Please: Ask me to demonstrate my abilities so that I can try to prove my worth to you, or earn your scorn.
    • Scratch My Back: Do something for me so I feel I owe you a favor in return.
    • It’s Me or the Dog: Put me in a situation where I have to choose between the wellbeing of you vs. Lang.

Please correct me if I missed something and/or you updated your character.

Allyxia on
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Thanks again for doing that :)

• Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    Yeah no kidding I leave that post up in a tab when I GM and it's always useful.

• Options
    SutibunRiSutibunRi Montreal, Quebec, CanadaRegistered User regular
    The pdf of Dra'aldes sheet is out of date, the copy in the character section of the obsidian portal is up to date.
    New Alignment: (updated before my 1st session)
    Good - Use magic to directly aid another.
    New flag: (updated after the events of session 5)
    Outsider – Refuse my aid because I’m different.

• Options
    So uh, since I have decided Rona is going to keep the missile-armor I'm going to say she buys a shield before the group starts runs into trouble tonight.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I hear it eats light as well as missiles.

Edit: ...and now I want to take magic missiles. They're both!

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    Lies and slander.
    I am really looking forward to see how keeping this thing can go wrong later.

• Options
    Should have used the identifying time to also enchant the armor to eat light.

• Options
    Do do do, just counting my coins....

Minion roll 1d6 for coins coins coins.

coins coins coins:
    1d6 2 [1d6=2]

• Options
    Allyxia wrote: »
    Team 1 Reunited! Mostly.

Characters and their flags for the Protection from Protection job:

Thrognar – Paladin – Good (Endanger yourself to protect someone weaker than you.)
    • Headstrong: Tell me how stupid the thing I'm planning is, so I can do it anyway and prove you right.
    • Conflicted: Ask me to honor my oaths as a healer when there are monsters to smash, so that I have to choose.
    • Vanguard: Move to beat me into a new room or dangerous situation, so that I can race you.

Forrest 2.0

Niamh – Fighter – Neutral (Defeat a worthy opponent.)
    • Proud: Challenge my honor or strength so that I may prove my superiority.
    • Honest: Ask me a question so I may bluntly respond.
    • Alpha: Ask me to follow or respect you so I may put to the test your strength and ableness to lead.

Dra’alde – Wizard – Good (Use magic to directly aid another.)
    • One Track Mind: Try to convince me magic isn’t the best solution to the problem at hand.
    • Reckless Planning: Go along with a dangerous magic reliant plan I cooked up despite your better judgment, then point out the obvious plans we didn’t take into account.
    • Outsider: Refuse my aid because I'm different.

Renne – Paladin – Good (Endanger yourself to protect someone weaker than you.)
    • Defender: Present me with a solution that puts me in danger in order to help someone else.
    • By The Book: Tempt me with a solution to a problem that breaks the law in order to test my resolve.

Rona Ironheel – Ranger – Good (Endanger yourself to combat an unnatural threat.)
    Animal companion: Lang the Dog.
    • Eager to Please: Ask me to demonstrate my abilities so that I can try to prove my worth to you, or earn your scorn.
    • Scratch My Back: Do something for me so I feel I owe you a favor in return.
    • It’s Me or the Dog: Put me in a situation where I have to choose between the wellbeing of you vs. Lang.

Please correct me if I missed something and/or you updated your character.

Lamberton Cooper– Wizard – Good (Use magic to directly aid another.)
    • Gambler: Propose a wager so that we may plumb the currents of fate.
    • Persistent Prevaricator: Provoke me into wild boasts of my past exploits (Believe/Refute/?)
    • Soft Hearted: something something down on their luck something something aid

First stab at flags there.

I did a PDF character sheet here:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4BvVauY-MgSeUE3R21jN0dIM1E

I'll work on fighting with Obsidian Portal later on.

• Options
    Shiny. I like the Gambler one especially.

• Options
    edited March 2017
    @DevoutlyApathetic
    Wizards start with 3 level 1 spells, you only have Invisibility listed.

I have Invisibility, Detect Magic, Magic Missiles and Telepathy if that influences your choices at all.

Edit:
    Wizard Bros!
    Alternatively,
    Double wizards all the way!

But more likely;
    Oh God, what happened to the fabric of space-time?

SutibunRi on
  • Options
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    See, now I have to post here what I was looking for a good spot on the obsidian portal to post to.
    I'd like to grab Tuckwin during downtime to aid Dra'alde with a magic ritual to make that tiny cartoon raincloud I'd mentioned earlier in the thread, maybe get the blessing of Tuckwins Goddess to bring clean, pure water into the desert from wherever it is that Church believes is the source of all water, be it Elemental Plane or Sacred Goddess Pool or whatever.

--

I was bored and did some math.

To keep 6 people hydrated while travelling in the desert, you need 1 Litre of water per person, per hour of heavy activity.

Assuming 16 hours of activity per day, we would need just shy of a Hectolitre of water. (96 Litres/~26 Gallons) Luckily, this actually does not require a heavy stream of water. (15 drops every 2 seconds would more than cover the required amounts every hour, and in fact, due to days being 24 hours, would produce 66 Litres above and beyond the base requirements. If this faucet drip calculator is accurate.)

Other sources claim you might need ~20% less water than that.
    --

Yes, I did the math on a thing that (one of)the GM(s) handwaved away as part of our rations, I really want a little cartoon cloud to follow Dra'alde around.

The knowledge that if we fail in Argent Springs, we'll be cast into the desert without enough water for the trip out is a strong motivating force for Dra'alde.

Edit: Actual daily water at that rate of flow is 162 liters.

SutibunRi on
  • Options
    You’ll need help from another magic user .

You and your allies will risk danger from any thirsty or inquisitive creatures that see it

You’ll have to disenchant a magic item to do it. The magic essence must be consumed. The item used will affect the cloud in some way

• Options
    So, not the leech dagger, we don't want a rain of blood.

Rona seems happy to keep her Missile Attracting armor.

Is a potion of healing a magic item for purposes of disenchanting for those requirements? (Also, how the hell are these things 50 gold a pop?)

*Checks the youtube video to see who made the roll to find the quiver in session 3*
    Felix..
    @Joshmvii Would you consider allowing Dra'ade to disenchant the magically durable quiver in exchange for a time share opportunity with the Leech Dagger*?
    The time share shall be Felix can use the dagger during any session Dra'alde isn't part of.

*Dra'alde accepts no responsibility if your mouth becomes that of a Leech after prolonged usage of the dagger.

• Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    Thrognar requires not water.

Also, he's taking Resurrection as his 3rd level spell. Because even if it's not clear he can even read, he can still do basic pattern recognition.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    I'd be willing to donate my arrow that never misses to this endeavor

• Options
    CUZ who needs magic when you got magic fingers baby

• Options
    Uhhhh some things happened

• Options
    Totally random question:

If an evil thing is allowed to live that just removes the Paladin boons, yeah?

• Options
    NeoToma wrote: »
    I'd be willing to donate my arrow that never misses to this endeavor

I shall take you up on that offer!
    Zephyr Quinn trades Magic Arrow for Eternal Friendship.
    No take backsies, Dra'alde and Zephyr are friends now.

• Options
    Allyxia wrote: »
    Totally random question:

If an evil thing is allowed to live that just removes the Paladin boons, yeah?

Yeah just a boon is lost if the obligation is part of a quest

Also gonna tweak things to where if you are not actively working on the quest, you don't get boons and obligations. Make things less OP a bit

• Options
    That probably makes sense.

Though we'll need rulings down to the hour on when the Paladins stop/start working on killing Halcyon, due to the whole not eating thing.

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    If you're pooping, you're off quest. You don't have freedom from pooping. So eat while you poop and multi task and you're good I think

• Options
    Noted.

Poop OR Quest

not

Poop AND Quest

Got it.

• Options
    Thrognar's gonna push to get back into Code Red again, with this revelation. Gotsta get my quest permissions back.

• Options
    Oh god, listening to myself talk is terrible.
    I might need to just keep a cup of tea beside me and do entire sessions in my Dr. Claw voice.

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I know, I hate hearing my voice too. I remember when the first episode of the Force and Destiny came out and I heard me, I sounded like a 12 year old boy, not the 27 year old man I claim to be.

• Options
    I have the goofiest laugh

• Options
    I sound amazing. Like if Jesus was a podcaster.

Definitely not like a drunk, giddy cowboy with a throat injury. Nope.

• Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    I actually managed to get over hearing my own voice.

I don't hate how I sound outside of my own head anymore.

• Options
    Oats wrote: »

I don't hate Andrew either anymore!
    Wait what were we talking about?

• Options
    Oats wrote: »

I don't hate Andrew either anymore!
    Wait what were we talking about?

How much we hate his head?

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Hey...Can I make armor outta that sandshark we killed?

Also as much as I like the idea of being the chaotic counterpart to father Killian's Menaki faith.. the symbol that cleric we killed appeals to me

NeoToma on
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    NeoToma wrote: »
    Hey...Can I make armor outta that sandshark we killed?

Also as much as I like the idea of being the chaotic counterpart to father Killian's Menaki faith.. the symbol that cleric we killed appeals to me

I would really like to see how a Zephyr/Tamed Sandshark convo would go, especially if he took up the shark symbol. Would it be grateful or resentful?

Allyxia on