Options

A New Megagame Approaches for PAX East 2017!

stefan_scstefan_sc Meeple PersonRegistered User new member
i77v97vbxetp.jpg

We are VERY excited to be bringing The World Turned Upside Down at PAX East 2017!

The World Turns Upside Down is a fast paced megagame of political unrest, international conspiracy, and the American Revolution. 60 players will take on the roles of famous lawmakers, generals, and spies of the period. Choose sides and guide your colony toward loyalty or rebellion. Your choices will decide the fate of America. The world will never be the same...

We’ll be taking pre-registration over at twtud.eventbrite.com where ticket proceeds will go to benefit Child’s Play Charity!

For those of you who want to play but can't buy in advance, signups will be first come first serve starting at 10 AM on Friday, March 10th in Tabletop HQ. Players do not need to pay to signup at the con though a friendly donation to Child’s Play is greatly appreciated.

A list of playable characters and more details on the game can be found here.

New to megagames? Find out more about them here!

Sunday, March 12th – 11am: The Revolution begins…

• Options
    littlelion2klittlelion2k New YorkRegistered User regular
    I will be there in costume! Really looking forward to it :)

• Options
    EL_Limon_CubanoEL_Limon_Cubano Boston, MARegistered User regular
    My wife and I might be interested. Will check with her what the plans are, but I think this is great :)

drhmrzipmoio.png
  • Options
    davethebabedavethebabe Registered User regular
    I am so excited for a new theme! Rule, Britannia! Britannia, rule the waves!
    I have a feeling this will once again be the highlight of Pax for me :)

• Options
    davethebabedavethebabe Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    *Slightly NSFW [phallic imagery and mild language]* If some gets to play Washington/he is in the game, I would love for him to be introduced with this song in the background: George Washington.
    mod edit: please do not post nsfw images or video or links thereto

zerzhul on
  • Options
    divisiontendivisionten Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    IQuestion- will the game be accessible for visually impaired? My guide doesn't want to play and would be separating but I love megagames. I have some sight and can read text if large enough. I cannot distinguish people on sight unless they're very distinct (i.e. a bright orange jacket).

divisionten on
  • Options
    stefan_scstefan_sc Meeple Person Registered User new member
    Hey divisionten, I sent you a PM. Shoot me an email and we can discuss further. If you've played megagames before I sense that this game will be ok, but I'd like to chat with you further to be sure we're doing everything we can.

• Options
    iltailta Registered User regular
    megagames are so much fun! i really appreciate that the price is down this year. i just have to figure out if it's worth blocking off nearly all of sunday to do it... SO TEMPTED.

yours,
    the space pope

• Options
    Oh who am I kidding, I'm totally signing up for this. Let's raise a glass FOR THE REVOLUTION!

• Options
    BigDumbHippyBigDumbHippy Registered User regular
    This sounds awesome, but I won't be able to make it. I hope you record it

• Options
    hey, are we getting an email soon with the info? i'd love to chat with whoever my teammates are, read the rules, etc. we're only a few days away from boston!

• Options
    stefan_scstefan_sc Meeple Person Registered User new member
    Hey ilta! Manuals should have gone out very recently. Team emails are starting up right now. If you don't see them tomorrow send me a message.

• Options
    I got mine! Thanks! Looking forward to it.