As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Nintendo Switch: It's (sold) Out!

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    update 2.o takes 30 seconds to install.

unlocks eshops and friends lists.

the range on the joycon seems to be 6-8meters then it goes wonky.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    As expected, looks like accessing other regions' eShops is really easy. Some (but supposedly not all?) credit cards can be used in all the various eShops. Don't know for sure yet if your eShop balance carries over.

Do you need to make a separate Nintendo account to access other regions?

The eShop uses the local currency in each region, at least on Wii U and 3DS, so I'd be surprised if they convert your balance when changing regions.

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote: »

Where's the article on the Joycon testing with the day one patch? I am interested in this problem from a technical standpoint more than I am worried it'll effect my gameplay.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »
    As expected, looks like accessing other regions' eShops is really easy. Some (but supposedly not all?) credit cards can be used in all the various eShops. Don't know for sure yet if your eShop balance carries over.

The eShop uses the local currency in each region, at least on Wii U and 3DS, so I'd be surprised if they convert your balance when changing regions.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Peewi wrote: »

ok. That's good to know.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    I just dragged my PS3 out of storage and have begun moving everything I had off of it (a hard drive's a hard drive, redundant backups, etc) and am certain it's not worth much any longer, but....if I switch to Switch I can't for the life of me justify keeping it around. Any suggestions on the best way to get rid of a second-model Playstation 3?

Take a close look at your Collection of PS3 games. Then Pack it into a box carefully and save it for that urge to play through some older games. The PS3 has a hell of a library of exclusives...Mines gathering dust but unless it died, i dont see myself getting rid of it.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    What the actual fuck is wrong with people licking game carts?

https://youtu.be/Q8skzjsaJc8

Well they heard about the 80's and how we use to blow video games, and took it to the next level.

• Options

18-24 feet away from the screen is pretty satisfactory for a range. If the reviewers have been complaining about the left joystick when they are that far away from the damn screen then they have way too large a living room.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »

18-24 feet away from the screen is pretty satisfactory for a range. If the reviewers have been complaining about the left joystick when they are that far away from the damn screen then they have way too large a living room.

Pretty sure that's not the case. They specifically were talking about impeding the signal.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    It's more than a distance issue. My money is still on a bug where the controller is getting stuck in a lower power BT mode.

Seidkona on
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    BTW, just to prevent people from licking BotW.

Nintendo responded :

Update 3/2/2017—1:40 AM: Nintendo has responded to my inquiry, revealing the culprit behind the bitterness. Here’s what the company has to say:

“To avoid the possibility of accidental ingestion, keep the game card away from young children. A bittering agent (Denatonium Benzoate) has also been applied to the game card. This bittering agent is non-toxic.”

According to Wikipedia, denatonium benzoate is the most bitter chemical compound known, commonly used as an aversion agent to prevent accidental ingestion, which is why the Switch cards are coated in it. It’s also used in animal repellent, shampoos, soaps and nail-biting prevention.

This has me wondering. Could you indoctrinate your children at a very early age to dislike candy by doctoring the candy with this stuff?

azith28 on
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    PrimePrime UKRegistered User regular
    Woop delivery confirmation.

• Options

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/5x2n6x/update_nintendo_switch_update_200_is_here/

JoyCon issue: I testet both JoyCons using the calibration tool and I can say that the (L) JoyCon lost the connection earlier than the (R) one. The (L) JoyCon wasn't able to sync again until I was 2m away from the Switch. That doesn't mean they have a 2m range. The (L) just couldn't find the Switch if it was more than 2m away from it after losing connection. The range is 6-8m. I can even cover both with my hands and everything is fine. But I shouldn't get out of that 6-8m range and I am absolutely okay with that.

this guy had good luck too.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    anyone dealing with gamestop get any shipping confirmations yet?

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular

That's not a promise? Having trouble parsing that.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Also-

A different user illustrates it

we are going live with broken stuff. Hype denied.

mojojoeo on
  • Options
    Ok. just to temper that a little bit there's a point in the Gianbomb UPF from last Friday where they have to leave the room and turn around for it to Desynch.

Also when that guy puts it behind his back it's much better than the previous tests.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Luckily for me I don't plan on playing any games with the joycon behind my back. :)

• Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Incindium wrote: »
    Why don't I have shipping info for any of my 5 Switch related orders that are supposed to be delivered tomorrow? Argggg

So I finally got a tracking number for my Neon Switch from Best Buy. So that's a relief.

It's Happening!

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Amazon's prepping my order and says it will be delivered tomorrow! Woo hoo, all set for a day of Zelda! Wait, what's that little note...
    Expected to arrive by 8 p.m.

waiting-sad-dog-stephen-poffenberger.jpg

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Woohoo Pro Controller is ready to pick up at Best Buy on Friday! 14 hours to go.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Citizens of the internet! I come bearing a message of hope.

Behold, Switch Day is tomorrow. Glory is in sight. Let there be much rejoicing and celebrating in the streets.

• Options
    edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    and the sharing of friend codes

actually that may get a bit contentious

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    This has me wondering. Could you indoctrinate your children at a very early age to dislike candy by doctoring the candy with this stuff?

All it will do is grant them an immunity to Iocane powder.

• Options
    Donnicton wrote: »

All it will do is grant them an immunity to Iocane powder.

They will then be able to grow up and lick Switch games with no consequence!

• Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    edzepp wrote: »

Shall I make a google form and spreadsheet?

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      guys. Its easy to eat switch games

You+see+ivan+you+must+start+with+hot+wax+as+_092e0767c105b41d4d1108c46984a367.jpg

• Options
      UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
      H5fpWUJ.png

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
    • Options
      edited March 2017
      snip

Are you trying to say tony hawk is better than grand theft auto? is that what you are talking about?

in this thread when i try to read the top one my vision blurs. but those others.....

mojojoeo on
    • Options
      edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
      TimFiji wrote: »
      edzepp wrote: »

Shall I make a google form and spreadsheet?

If you're serious, sure.

But eh, I'm not gonna add all of y'all. So just tell me what it is when I ask. :P

• Options
      RamiRami Registered User regular
      welp looks like I won't get mine until next week

Nintendo's store doesn't ship until the actual release date and since that's a friday I probably won't get it until wednesday.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
      sig.gif
    • Options
      Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
      I've got plenty of you nerds added from Miitomo and Fire Emblem Heroes, but yeah, a spreadsheet probably wouldn't hurt.

Also, seems like the max friend limit on Switch is 300 (up from 100 on Wii U and 3DS).

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
    • Options
      wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
      So I'm a little annoyed at the friend code thing. I know that it's not as bad as it looks, and that it's a once, one way thing between two people. It just doesn't have the best optics when they said they were going to get rid of them years ago, the Wii U didn't have them, and now the switch does. It's by no means a world ending/changing thing, just one little annoying thing they could have done 5 other ways that wouldn't have needed a friend code.

the continuing issues with the left joy con are.... troubling. Now that we have the day 1 update and it doesn't look to be fixed.... and we still have no official statement from Nintendo even acknowledging an issue. (and no, one person tweeting "Nintendo PR told me" isn't good enough). Nintendo should be getting in front of this, not letting the questions hang.

And Best Buy Canada still hasn't even taken my money yet. So yea.... won't be getting mine tomorrow. That has me more annoyed than anything.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
    • Options
      SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
      The more I hear about how good Zelda is the more my desire to get one of these ramps up. I don't think there's enough announced for it besides Zelda (at least for me) at the moment unfortunately. Especially because apparently Wii U prices haven't ever really gone down! Hopefully that desync thing gets fixed either tonight or soon!

I hope everyone enjoys theirs tomorrow!

• Options
      Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
      edited March 2017
      Oh hell yes! (Spoilered because maybe you don't care to look at my email correspondence with Best Buy):
      8aHJo6z.png

The store I ordered from already confirmed they're having a midnight release too. It's on tonight boys!

Handsome Costanza on
      Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
      Resident 8bitdo expert.
      Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
    • Options
      vamenvamen Registered User regular
      edited March 2017
      Sigh...
      I was totally going to skip a Switch.
      But the new Blaster Master - a cherished childhood memory - started to weaken my resolve.
      Zelda wasn't even really appealing to me. But then all the reviews for it today got me like:
      hkf21cotftus.jpg

Plus, the new Xenoblade will break me whenever it comes out.

Looks like I may end up doing my "check random Walmarts at midnight" hunt like I did with the WiiU. It will be a lot less fun this time, though, since I'm on crutches with a messed up foot =p.

vamen on
    • Options
      edited March 2017
      Oh hell yes!
      8aHJo6z.png

Model: HACKSAAAA

We see how you got yours. . .

Seidkona on
    • Options
      NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
      As I mentioned before, anyone doing in-store pickup with Best Buy (at least in the US) should have had no action on their order until today. Mine just updated to Ready for Pickup this morning, I hope the rest of yours have as well. I'm really excited about picking this up tonight!

• Options
      DirtyDirty Registered User regular
      My amiibo order at Best Buy says "Ready for Pickup". I wonder if I can get away with getting those today.

This discussion has been closed.