Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[13th Age WM] The White Tower.

CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
The four of you approach the counter and inquire further. The Barkeep has precious little information, but feel free to ask.

@Albino Bunny @Grunt's Ghosts @seljin468 @doomybear

«13

Posts

  • doomybeardoomybear Hi People Registered User regular
    Garfer Bargarfersen, dwarven druid and hermit on the (apparently eastern) outskirts of town, took off his fur cap so that others could get a better look at him. Yep, he was a dwarf, with thick black beard and an abundance of hair kept tame by thin fibrous cord wound round it. He thumbed his woefully light pouch of gold and asked, "One hundred and eleventy pieces of gold, huh? That's a lot of concern for a townperson."

    "Heaven is far away, but hell can be reached in a day." - the fool, from Ran by Kurosawa
  • seljin468seljin468 Registered User regular
    edited March 2
    Slypher looks at barkeep and "ask how far the tower is from here"

    seljin468 on
  • seljin468seljin468 Registered User regular
    geth roll 1d6 for Relationship The Runes
    geth roll 1d6 for Relationship Caption

    Relationship The Runes:
    1d6 1 [1d6=1]
    Relationship Caption:
    1d6 1 [1d6=1]

  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Yo'guard The Madden

    "And what kind of strange weather patterns are being seen around this tower?" the gnome piped in. "Are they behaving in the ways of Pyholic's Five Laws of Chaotic Energies or more like Hexenburg's Theory of Abyssal Magic Through the 4th Dimension?"
    I don't expect an answer to those last questions, but Yo'guard will ask them anyways. Also, @seljin468 you get to roll another Relationship Die with The Runes

    Geth roll 2#1d6 for The Librarian Positive
    Geth roll 1d6 for The Runes Conflicted

    The Librarian Positive:
    2#1d6 2 # 2 [1d6=2] 3 [1d6=3]
    The Runes Conflicted:
    1d6 5 [1d6=5]

  • CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    You guys can go ahead and roll your Icon dice now.

    The Barkeep doesn't exactly stop to speak with you, as busy as he is. His hands are always busy, buffing the counters, cleaning glasses, and pouring drinks. "The tower was reported by a couple of hunters, they said it was a few days hike due-east of Havenhold; nothing exact. Apparently there's lightning and odd weather near the tower; if you see that you're probably in the right place.

    He continues. "The person with the bounty didn't give his name, but apparently it's enchanted or something. The chest only opens to people who have fulfilled the contract or something. Strange stuff." The Barkeep turns to the gnome. "Hunters said it wasn't natural lightning, that's all I know."

    Feel free to buy rations or anything else you need. Just say when you're ready to head out.

  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    edited March 2
    I've got 10 days worth of rations. How many is a few days? Because every 4 hexes is a day?

    Grunt's Ghosts on
  • seljin468seljin468 Registered User regular
    geth roll 1d6 for The runes

    The runes:
    1d6 4 [1d6=4]

  • seljin468seljin468 Registered User regular
    Slypher buys 6 days of rations and 5 more candels. Slypher says to the party "I'll be waiting at just on the east side of town.Slypher gets just out side of town and summons his undead and waits for the froup

  • CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    I've got 10 days worth of rations. How many is a few days? Because every 4 hexes is a day?

    Hunters say a few days. How many rations you want is up to you.

  • seljin468seljin468 Registered User regular
    @Grunt's Ghosts need some help rembering how to to roll on here

  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Type "Geth roll" then your dice. Like XdY, where X is the number of dice you want to roll, dY is the number of sides of dice you want to use (i.e. d6, d8, d10, d12, d20). Then you either add (+) or subtract (-) modifiers to that roll. If you want do multiple rolls on the same post, do them in separate lines like

    Geth roll blah
    Geth roll blah blah

    That's pretty much all you'll need to remember.

  • seljin468seljin468 Registered User regular
    edited March 2
    @Grunt's Ghosts ty if I mess up just yell at me ok

    seljin468 on
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    seljin468 wrote: »
    @Grunt's Ghosts ty if I mess up just yell at me ok
    Remember those words!

  • doomybeardoomybear Hi People Registered User regular
    Garfer nodded, "Well, if the generous man comes back, let 'im know he has my thanks for sponsoring this expedition."

    The Yo'guard's words put confusion on the dwarf's face, and for a moment, he opened his mouth and pointed his hat at the gnome, but Garfer thought better of it and just put his hat back on and left.

    He purchased a standard traveling pack and some extra rations and showed up at the eastern side of the city. Slypher's undead minions got a "Huh" out of him, and he stretched and said, "My name's Garfer Bargarfersen."
    Geth roll 2#1d6 Dryad Positive 2
    Geth roll 1d6 Banished Negative 1

    Dryad Positive 2:
    2#1d6 2 # 1 [1d6=1] 3 [1d6=3]
    Banished Negative 1:
    1d6 6 [1d6=6]

    "Heaven is far away, but hell can be reached in a day." - the fool, from Ran by Kurosawa
  • seljin468seljin468 Registered User regular
    edited March 3
    Slypher looks at garfer and shakes his hand I'm slypher sorry for the smell I'm kinda dead and well u know about my friend here

    seljin468 on
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I'm ready to head out.

  • seljin468seljin468 Registered User regular
    don't now how to right in blue but so am I

  • CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    Our band of miscreants and malcontents fill their satchels with rations and clean water, heading out east in search of...

    The White Tower

    The first leg of your journey is uneventful, aside from the side-long glances you're likely already used to. Small farms and outposts, abandoned homes taken over by vines and the elements, and the occasional feeling of pointed death on the back of your neck accompany your journey.

    Night drags slowly into view as the sun falls at your back. You don't see the tower, and there's no sign of the arcane lightning you were told of.

    What do you do?

    Sorry for ghosting, had a roadtrip with a dead phone and didnt' bring the right charging cable! I'm literally the worst.

    Also, paging @Albino Bunny

  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny A Storyteller Registered User regular
    Sagur didn't talk much during the journey or at the bar. It was rare that she needed to make her opinion known. Especially in this case. If there was good information going the barkeep would have already sold it. Asking him was pointless. If they were to chase ghost stories they would have to accept that maybe the whole tale was a fabrication. Like those who claimed to have had the dryad rescue them. A pointless fantasy to make the wilds seem bolder and more adventurous.

    In reality the wilds were dangerous and not worth thinking on too much. Sagur setting her pack down as the sun set. Not desiring to push herself any more than needed. Looking to the others and gruffly commenting "we should set up camp,"

    dJOrVG2.png
  • seljin468seljin468 Registered User regular
    edited March 5
    Slypher looks back at Sagur i agree donw know what kinda creachers are out here. since im sorta dead i dont have to sleep so ill be on look out

    seljin468 on
  • CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    What's your watch order? Just Slypher through the whole night?

    You'll also need to use a ration, unless you're going to hunt at night.

  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    ahrxs02v6nx5.gif

    I'll take a ration and I'll help with a watch. No skills for this kind of stuff, nor any points in Wisdom so I'll just roll a d20...

    Geth roll 1d20 for Taking 3 shift watch


    "I might get up at some point and help watch, I think it might be better than one person handling the whole night by themselves, undead or not." Yo'guard says as he pulls out some smoked meats and starts chewing on it. "Besides, might get some light reading down while I'm out here. Anyone familiar with the works of Gladia the Wicked? She's got a bad rap for trying to turn kids into candy, but she did have some really enlightening stuff about Transmutation Spells when focused through unusual items like candy canes."

    Taking 3 shift watch:
    1d20 12 [1d20=12]

  • seljin468seljin468 Registered User regular
    do I need to roll and

  • seljin468seljin468 Registered User regular
    Slypher looks at Yo'guard yea but I don't have to sleep sleep or eat I brought the rations for y'all

  • doomybeardoomybear Hi People Registered User regular
    I'll just use a ration for now.

    Garfer itches his head and raises an eyebrow at Yo'guard and Slypher, "So, the undead man brought rations he did not need so he could share - oh, that's not suspicious at all - and the gnome likes to read tomes from a cannibal witch."

    Regardless of his reservations, he plops his pack down and sets up his bedroll, "Well, wake me if anything else comes 'round to kill us, I suppose."

    "Heaven is far away, but hell can be reached in a day." - the fool, from Ran by Kurosawa
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    ahrxs02v6nx5.gif


    "I read more than Gladia the Wicked. I read Hovalfar the Astroprojectionist and his studies into Spiritual Mana and the Civilized Body. And Traliday Brighteye and his theories on Multirealms Realities. He even said once that there is a realm that is inside out and the people live inside a sphere that has doors that lead into any realm that exist, if one could find it. I wouldn't mine seeing that place. And of course..." and Yo'guard goes on and on about this theory and that on the scientific studies on magic. Most just tune him out within seconds of him opening his mouth.

  • seljin468seljin468 Registered User regular
    Slypher looks at Yo'guard and ask sersily what can Bing a person back to life like he never even died

  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny A Storyteller Registered User regular
    Sagur shrugged, looking to Garfer and just smirking as she strung her bow. The half orc just casually pointing out "you baby sit the freak show, I'll go sort my dinner out," Sagur wasn't broke by any means. She could afford rations to drown herself in food. A fate that was sounding ever more appealing with the state of the town. However, one thing that you do get stuck with after a life growing up on scraps is the inability to ever really spend the money you accumulate. Stalking off away from the camp. The half orc relying on the ample moon light and the training she'd being getting during her patrols as a Scout to find her a meal. If not well... she supposed it wouldn't be hard to impose herself on one of the others in camp. Perks of being twice the size of most adults.
    So It'd be 1d20+1 for the scout background+Whatever attribute is appropriate? I'm guessing Dex in this case which would make it 1d20+5

    Geth Roll 1d20+5

    1d20+5 8 [1d20=3]

    dJOrVG2.png
  • CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    My apologies, things have been a bit hectic. We should now be resuming a normal posting schedule...

    Settling down for dinner, our band sets up tents and a roaring hearth for warmth, safety, and to a fine meal. The dwarf and gnome settle on trail rations of hard sausage and dried fruit, while the half-orc only manages to find poisonous mushrooms and empty berry bushes. The resident necromancer finds his sustenance magical decay and entropy.

    As the moon reaches its apex, Garfer takes his watch and scans his surroundings. Little does he know...

    Geth, roll 1d12 fo Random Encounters

    fo Random Encounters:
    1d12 12 [1d12=12]

  • CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    edited March 12
    ...that while fire will scare off curious animals, it will attract curious travelers. Hearing a rustle in a nearby field, Bargarfersen finds himself falling for the oldest ambush trick in the book. Bending over to check the noise, a pair of humanoids in red robes stalk behind him. A pair of cold, clammy hands grab on to his arms and another set cover his mouth as he tries to call out.

    What do you do?

    Sagur and Yo'guard are asleep at this point, but Slypher is up. He may not see him in time to save him, though.

    Carnarvon on
  • doomybeardoomybear Hi People Registered User regular
    Garfer immediately struggles to get free from his captors, kicking and biting and squirming in their grip.
    I'm going to guess strength roll for this - none of Garfer's backgrounds really suggest anything in support of escaping kidnapping, sadly, so this is a straight strength roll, level + Strength bonus (1 + 2)

    Geth roll 1d20+3 Strength Escape Roll

    Strength Escape Roll:
    1d20+3 23 [1d20=20]

    "Heaven is far away, but hell can be reached in a day." - the fool, from Ran by Kurosawa
    Grunt's Ghosts
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny A Storyteller Registered User regular
    Geth. Please.

    Geeeeeeeth

    dJOrVG2.png
  • seljin468seljin468 Registered User regular
    edited March 9
    Geth roll 1d20 for slypher hearing the kidnaping
    Geth roll 1d20 for slyphers undead minyoun seeing and worning slypher

    slypher hearing the kidnaping:
    1d20 12 [1d20=12]
    slyphers undead minyoun seeing and worming slypher:
    1d20 1 [1d20=1]

    seljin468 on
  • CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    edited March 9
    It's just like they say, high rolls cure all ills...

    While the slimy appendages of these interlopers try to bind Garfer's arms behind his back, they're no match for the dwarf's thick sinew and corded muscle. Biceps and trapeziuses knot and clench as the undaunted warrior tears free of his restraints, lifting his arms above his head and throwing the robed figures into the air and crashing to the ground. A ripping squelch echoes into the forest as an arm-sized grey tentacle hits the ground with a sickening thump.

    Turning around, Garfer realizes that the robed figures are not ordinary men, but monsters with horrific and alien features. Their faces are covered by featureless silver masks, but the dull grey and knotted purple flesh is revealed as they stand. With tentacles in place of arms and cephalopedic suckers in place of fingers, their cruel visage is terrifying.

    The awful sound of the monster's arm causes the group to wake and rally, seeing no fewer than five robed figures circling their dwarf ally.

    Roll initiative!

    Carnarvon on
  • doomybeardoomybear Hi People Registered User regular
    edited March 9
    I'll take it!
    Geth roll 1d20 Garfer's Initiative

    Garfer's Initiative:
    1d20 12 [1d20=12]

    doomybear on
    "Heaven is far away, but hell can be reached in a day." - the fool, from Ran by Kurosawa
  • seljin468seljin468 Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1d20 for slyphers initiative
    Geth roll 1d20 for slyphers Initiative second try for slypher

    slyphers initiative:
    1d20 16 [1d20=16]
    slyphers Initiative second try for slypher:
    1d20 4 [1d20=4]

  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    edited March 10
    ahrxs02v6nx5.gif


    Yo'guard awakens to the strange sounds and robed monsters. "Nobody bothered to tell before they got close to the camp?"

    Geth roll 1d20+2 for initiative

    initiative:
    1d20+2 19 [1d20=17]

    Grunt's Ghosts on
  • seljin468seljin468 Registered User regular
    Slypher turns around and looks at Yo'guard I didn't hear or see them

  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny A Storyteller Registered User regular
    Sagur grumbled, her stomach aching from the poor hunting. Already half awake by the time the scuffle started. Stumbling up to her feet and grabbing her spear "and this is why you brought me along," she says confidently.

    Geth Roll 1d20+4

    1d20+4 17 [1d20=13]

    dJOrVG2.png
  • CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    edited March 12
    Geth, roll 1d20+5 for Initiative for Red Robes

    ESCALATION DIE: 0

    INITIATIVE ORDER
    @Grunt's Ghosts
    Red Robes
    "Albino Bunny"
    seijin
    doomybear

    Make sure to put your current/max health totals at the bottom of your post for ease of use! Posting a link to your sheets so I don't have to scour the thread when I phone-post would also be helpful.

    Trying something new: Rounds will be resolved every day in order to speed up combat. Feel free to post turns out of order. You can change them later if something important happens. If you don't post for a day, I'll have your character attack or use an at-will spell.

    Initiative for Grey Robes:
    1d20+5 17 [1d20=12]

    Carnarvon on
«13
Sign In or Register to comment.