As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Crab legs

connellycrabby33connellycrabby33 Registered User new member
My grandmother cooked crab legs Sunday 2/26 and I put a few in the refrigerator. Are they still good to warm up and eat?

• Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I'd say no. Shellfish/crustaceans are a tricky deal when it comes to bacteria.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    You probably shouldn't. Crab legs in most parts of the country are parboiled and frozen because of the very limited shelf life. Your grandma likely thawed them last Saturday so you have 4-5 days unfrozen. I wouldn't eat them, but I've had food poisoning twice, and it sucks really bad.

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Shellfish should be eaten day of, then thrown away far, far, far from where you will ever smell it.

• Options
    tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    I don't think they'll make you sick, but reheating shellfish like that really ruins the flavor/texture. I'd give em the old sniff test, and if they still smell fine use them in something cold like a a crab salad.

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I don't think they'll make you sick, but reheating shellfish like that really ruins the flavor/texture. I'd give em the old sniff test, and if they still smell fine use them in something cold like a a crab salad.

No way, man. Maybe for beef, but crab is seriously not going to last more than 5 days in the fridge.

What is this I don't even.